How long did it take you to find that Formula Gran Turismo?

• Thread starter Johnny.Ly
  • 175 comments
Yeah i've just been re-doing the Like the wind - Indy circuit, only takes 3 mins in my 787B... but it's been two days now of doing 5 races and re-checking

Okay I just saw one and was short on cash, but i noted the exact price which is 4,819,100 credits.

Yeah i've just been re-doing the Like the wind - Indy circuit, only takes 3 mins in my 787B... but it's been two days now of doing 5 races and re-checking

A more efficient way is to check every 3 races. The Used Lot has 30 slots for cars and each day that passes cycles in 8 new cars, deleting the bottom 8. So checking every 3 "days" means 24 new cars without deleting old cars. Waiting until the 4th day loses you those 2 extra cars that would cycle in, and any further than that is just pure inefficiency if you're looking for a specific used car.

As for me - saw the FGT yesterday. Had the Level for it, but was short 2m credits. Haven't caught wind of it yet 1m credits later, and I'm still looking for a classic car as well.

Well, well this is just crap.
I just saw one and was perfectly capable of buying it, but I didn't since I had no idea I would NEED it.

A more efficient way is to check every 3 races. The Used Lot has 30 slots for cars and each day that passes cycles in 8 new cars, deleting the bottom 8. So checking every 3 "days" means 24 new cars without deleting old cars. Waiting until the 4th day loses you those 2 extra cars that would cycle in, and any further than that is just pure inefficiency if you're looking for a specific used car.

As for me - saw the FGT yesterday. Had the Level for it, but was short 2m credits. Haven't caught wind of it yet 1m credits later, and I'm still looking for a classic car as well.

Actually, it cycles 6 cars per day, hence loading a race and exiting 5 times.

OMFG!!! I finally have the blinking thing! Two days solid of load grinding!

It's a gay deep blue/purple colour though :@

But i have it finally

I logged roughly 4 hours of searching all together.

Jerome

I've been going in and out of menus looking for this and a DTM car for a couple hours and I think the game may end here. I have nothing left to do but grind money and menus. There is no fun in this. I just can't believe that with all the cars I've won almost all are useless. I mean I have like 4 Lupo prize cars. Really? Oh and 2 Carbon R34s. Two.....really? The exact same car won in two separate events.

I've been going in and out of menus looking for this and a DTM car

I got seriously lucky on the DTM front; when I got my level 17 ticket after doing GT All-Stars it was an Abt TT-R. As for the Formula GT, I saw one earlier but I'm only level 22 and I have 1.1m, nowhere near enough, but I'm in no rush to win that Caterham!

I've been going in and out of menus looking for this and a DTM car for a couple hours and I think the game may end here. I have nothing left to do but grind money and menus. There is no fun in this. I just can't believe that with all the cars I've won almost all are useless. I mean I have like 4 Lupo prize cars. Really? Oh and 2 Carbon R34s. Two.....really? The exact same car won in two separate events.

For the DTM, buy the Lexus ISF Racing Concept -- new, it's significantly cheaper than the used cars that may or may not show up in the inventory. I cannot vouch for it's performance, as I overpaid for an Astra when I did that event.

I got seriously lucky on the DTM front; when I got my level 17 ticket after doing GT All-Stars it was an Abt TT-R. As for the Formula GT, I saw one earlier but I'm only level 22 and I have 1.1m, nowhere near enough, but I'm in no rush to win that Caterham!

When you finally do the FGT event, pray it doesn't rain for the last two races in Monza and Suzuka. It's... pretty brutal.

Have not seen one yet I am only level 17 though, could someone please tell me the specs of the Formula Gran Turismo (bhp, weight) thanks :).

I had a blue one to traded it, and now he's gone my baby:(

One tip open up youre B-license start and quit B-1 to B-5 and then take a look ar youre Used Car Dealership, 30 fresh cars Voilaa!

EDIT:

It took me 2,5 hours to finaly show up so for the guys who are doing 5 races everytime and then are taking a look in the used car dealership, make sure you take out a week for getting this car.

The Formula GT just popped in my used car lot, but I miss 1.6 M credits and 70 k XP to buy it...

I guess there's no way to earn such amount of XP and money within 5 races :nervous:

I'm searching for it now. If you skip through 5 license tests it refreshes the entire selection of used cars. That way you don't have to complete entire races to look for it again, just loading screens. Hopefully it will come up soon.

Saw it once when I was shy of level and cash... searched (refreshing licenses) for around 2 hours now that I'm "eligible"... boy does this search get boring fast :(

I'll take a break and do some B-spec, which is only slightly less boring :D lol

I´ve been looking for one for the last three days, but haven´t found yet.

This is just utterly stupid. I don´t know why PD thought it was funny to do this to the users.

I´m just grinding, grinding, and checking the used lot between races.

I´ll try the License trick to see if i can speed things up a bit.

Found mine after a couple of days of load grinding.

Can you only buy blue ones? I haven't heard anything to suggest otherwise. Bit of an oversight really. :(

Not seen one yet, and there's not too many days i've missed.

Not too bothered though atm as i'm not higher enough skill level, nor anywhere near the cash to afford it.

Back