How long did it take you to find that Formula Gran Turismo?

• Thread starter Johnny.Ly
  • 175 comments
Don't have the $ so I haven't looked for it lol B1-B5 in the licence tests is the quickest way to update list.

I saw it when I was looking for a Peugeot 206 (because my brother has one :P). But sadly, I didn't have the 4,6 million cr.
It'll probably take really, really long before it shows up again. :nervous:

I reached lvl 24 around game day 350 and didn't have the cr. for it. Spent from then on grind for the 4.8 mil cr. Once I got the money I did the license refresh. Finally got the FGT last night on game day 750.

I had spent a million credits right before it showed up. Can someelse could confirm this? If you have the money spend a mil or more on 1 car. Then see how long it takes for the FGT to show up. How it went for me - bought Enzo, drove enzo in free run, did license refresh(b1-b5). FGT was first car on list.

Really seems like the only color it can be is the purple/blueish one.. Had one appear there too but didnt have the credits for it and now im trying to win some new races with b-spec and checking the used car lot every 3 races or so cuz im impatient :P Hoping to get it this weekend!

Im at lv 27 but still didnt see it.. I need Formula GT for A-spec & B-Spec too.. Its only available in the used car dealership? No way to get a new one?

Plus I already bought Formula GT in my PSP version of Gran Turismo, transferred my cars to PS3 but yes only I can use them in Arcade mode!

It showed up on the first time i looked for it :) I was lvl 23 A-spec and just got lvl 25 B-spec. I didn't know, could one buy the FGT with under 24 on A-spec, so it was VERY exciting to press the X-button FGT selected :nervous:. Also, the Escudo showed up at the same time, i bought it too. Only thing that bothered me was going down from 9,800,00 cr to about 3,000,000, missing the multimillionare-trophy.

Someone might have posted this already and sorry if they did, I just skimmed through the pages. This is how I found my FGT, and made sure I had enough money, and xp, and didn't waste a lot of time doing it: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=134403

It's a thread of people that have been tracking the used car dealership cycle. A lot of work has been done on it, and it's still far from complete. I got lucky, and was able to see that my cycle matched up with the log that Fastas has been keeping. Got my FGT last night, no fretting, no skipping through license tests and checking the UDC every 5 days.

Oh, and by the way: That UDC cycle? Doesn't have anything to do with the level you are at (or rather has very little to do with it), so don't try to use that to pinpoint when one will show up

Last edited:
Quick question, I'm level 23 A-Spec and level 26 B-Spec, would I be able to buy the FGT?

No. Whoever told you YES was wrong. FGT is lvl 24 car.

Edit: I just realized you're at lvl 26 B-spec. My B-spec has always been behind my A-spec, so I can't say if a B-spec rating will unlock cars. Anyway, it's a level 24 car

Last edited:
FGT
It showed up on the first time i looked for it :) I was lvl 23 A-spec and just got lvl 25 B-spec. I didn't know, could one buy the FGT with under 24 on A-spec, so it was VERY exciting to press the X-button FGT selected :nervous:. Also, the Escudo showed up at the same time, i bought it too. Only thing that bothered me was going down from 9,800,00 cr to about 3,000,000, missing the multimillionare-trophy.

So close! If they had just shown up at the UDC, you probably still could have run 3 Extreme American series Indy races for $98,000 a pop and got the trophy, and the cars still would have been in the dealership cause they stay for like 5 game-days. Sorry to break the news

I wasn't even close to multi-millionaire. I went the other direction, and after buying the FGT, decided to do some math and buy 2 other crappy cars at the UDC, 2 stage-3 turbo chargers, and the $650 flywheel (that I sent to my friend just to confuse him), and got PENNILESS instead!

So close! If they had just shown up at the UDC, you probably still could have run 3 Extreme American series Indy races for $98,000 a pop and got the trophy, and the cars still would have been in the dealership cause they stay for like 5 game-days. Sorry to break the news

Dude, NOOOOOO!! That sucks.

Don't forget that if you're just slightly short on cash for a used car, you can sell some cars in panic. That won't refresh the car lot and it's probably replacable, unlike the elusive one you just found on the market. Like the GT-R Proto '05 sells for well over 100k. Anyone at level 24+ should have several sellable cars in the garage.

Back