How long did it take you to find that Formula Gran Turismo?

• Thread starter Johnny.Ly
  • 175 comments
I searched the used car dealership every 5 races for a couple of days before they got the online dealership. I think my B-spec guys have put 11,000 miles on it so far.

I had NEVER seen one....until that fateful day when I bought a Mercedes race car because I was looking for one. I was down to 200k, then did ONE RACE and low and behold, one showed up in the UCD. SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!!!!!! Took FOREVER to show up (I was A-spec 26, B-spec 38). I have lost track of how many races I have run since with no sign of another one. I am up to 8 mil and won't do anything but oil changes and car washes until I get one.

Let me tell you a secret....go look in the OCD, lol. Also, were you bored or something, digging up an over year old thread, lol.

There is ALWAYS a Formula GT at the bottom of the online used car list. Doesn't matter what other cars are in there. There's always one at the bottom and it has 0 miles/km. No need to wait for one at all. It amazes me how nobody ever has the patience or common sense to LOOK for something or explore the game when they're playing it. Are people not noticing all the different things you can click on when the game starts or something?

There is ALWAYS a Formula GT at the bottom of the online used car list. Doesn't matter what other cars are in there. There's always one at the bottom and it has 0 miles/km. No need to wait for one at all. It amazes me how nobody ever has the patience or common sense to LOOK for something or explore the game when they're playing it. Are people not noticing all the different things you can click on when the game starts or something?

This thread was posted in 2010. At that time the question was valid.

Let me tell you a secret....go look in the OCD, lol. Also, were you bored or something, digging up an over year old thread, lol.

The game isn't a year old to me. I just got it not too long ago. BTW, I don't play online. Thanks for playing.

Buddy Lee
The game isn't a year old to me. I just got it not too long ago. Thanks for playing.

Seriously though. There is always one in the OCD. You should check it.

Edit: Saw your stealth edit. Nevermind...

Grinding is simple and extremely fast in the seasonal events and there is almost always an FGT in the online dealership.

I got my first one from the ticket i won after doing the endurance races. I was looking for one for about 3 weeks though!

Ive been playing the game since a month after its release and i have never seen a formula gt in the UCD. Ive got around 7 but all from the OCD or level 24 tickets. I've seen both the chaparral's and basically every le mans car in the game at least twice in the UCD but never the formula gt.

Man, I still remember the first time I drove a FGT in GT5. Simply amazing and it was the first expensive car I bought I believe. From that point on I was hooked!

Either I am looking at the wrong car or.... This thing has been in my Online dealership every time I have looked. I never knew I would need it. The cost is 5 million, it is an orange and always been the same color. I did not want to spend that kind of money on a non premium car. Am I seeing the same car you guys are talking about?

Well, if I had taken the time to read the entire thread, I would have seen.

Another useless post by a n00b.

I remember fruitlessly cycling the UCD for hours to find it, back before the OCD and seasonals. Probably about 40 game days, was extremely frustrating.

Hey folks! I finally found the Formula Gran Turismo in the UCD.

I began looking for the car within the first 365 game-days- after I got to the correct level, as well as raised the amount of credit needed to buy the Formula GT.

Since I began my search of the UCD I have remained diligent- checking the UCD after every fifth race I finished. I also did the licence test trick to speed up the days. I clicked through the licence test 1-5, then went back to the UCD to see if the Formula GT showed up.

Today, when it finally showed up, I bought the car then saved the game (twice!). I then quit the game and went to the PS3 XMB to see what my actual in game days were and it was... Day 1,543.

To be honest, I was getting a little worried that it might never show up. I am currently playing the GT5 XL Edition and I thought that may be the reason why... When I was clicking and waiting, all kinds of thoughts and reasons why the car wasn't showing up were crossing my mind.

I'm just happy it's here. I am now into my 2nd week of playing GT5 and I'm having a blast. I'm currently at 84% completion and the Formula GT has come at the right time.

Keep grinding!!

Hey folks! I finally found the Formula Gran Turismo in the UCD.

I began looking for the car within the first 365 game-days- after I got to the correct level, as well as raised the amount of credit needed to buy the Formula GT.

Since I began my search of the UCD I have remained diligent- checking the UCD after every fifth race I finished. I also did the licence test trick to speed up the days. I clicked through the licence test 1-5, then went back to the UCD to see if the Formula GT showed up.

Today, when it finally showed up, I bought the car then saved the game (twice!). I then quit the game and went to the PS3 XMB to see what my actual in game days were and it was... Day 1,543.

To be honest, I was getting a little worried that it might never show up. I am currently playing the GT5 XL Edition and I thought that may be the reason why... When I was clicking and waiting, all kinds of thoughts and reasons why the car wasn't showing up were crossing my mind.

I'm just happy it's here. I am now into my 2nd week of playing GT5 and I'm having a blast. I'm currently at 84% completion and the Formula GT has come at the right time.

Keep grinding!!

Yea.. I did GT5 from zero once again few years back. There's actually a spreadsheet here to find a FGT easier.. so I used that and also grinded days on Test Licenses.. It's kind of masochistic but rewarding experience going through GT5 as it is supposed to. I actually almost made it to 100% but in BSpec on certain lvl 36+ you have to do massive amounts of 24 hrs le mans and 4 hrs nurburgring to get tp lvl 40..It was only thing missing for me.. Than I saw master mode and possibilities of online and shuffle races again so that was the day when I gave up on burning my ps3 down.. I'm thinking of maybe doing 1 enduro race this days on GT5 for all good times I had with this game

Back