How long do you except the career of gt7 compared to gt4? could be longer than 4 with more events?

• Thread starter MadMax97
  • 53 comments
Given the fact we did see lots of references to GT4 on the trailer, and also Kazunori's pronuncation before the trailer itself which was basically talking about the campaign mode, I expect the career mode to be as large as GT4's, honestly. I would safely say that hardcore endurances are coming back, from the iconic Grand Valley 300km to the 24h of Le Mans/Nürburgring, along with extended license tests, such as the International C License, more one-make race events, etc.

Doesn't really matter how long it is to me if they don't fix the AI and catch the rabbit format. GT6 was the first GT game I didn't finish all the events, GTS likewise, because of the garbage format.

They also need to finally do what every other racing game has done for the last 15 years or more and let us choose AI difficulty from the very start of the career, not force us to enter 'beginner' events with easy AI to be able to enter the harder events.

Honestly having finally played GTS this week that is my biggest gripe with the offline stuff, it's all catered to absolute beginners. If you're not, you have to push through learning stuff you already know and race against seriously slow AI to get to the skill level you're at.

Nothing wrong with making your game beginner friendly (although I still think the "this is how the throttle, brakes and steering wheel works" tests in GTS were a step too far) but don't treat everyone the same and force them to do beginner stuff before they get to harder events. Let us make all the events hard, from the start, if we want.

Last edited:
Forza 4 is insanely long I reckon? Many events and 24h races?
I don't recall any 24hr races in Forza 4, but it had almost 300 events IIRC compared to the 100-ish in GT4. The evnets compreensively covered the entire car list as well so most cars had 2, 3 or more events they could competetively compete in. It was a cracking carerer mode.

And, no chase the rabbit, which I totally agree with @Samus has to go, or at least if it stays become something of a special event type race not and not the norm. The long drawn out single file rolling starts are a real shame, they've been in since GT4 and I've disliked them since GT4.

Doesn't really matter how long it is to me if they don't fix the AI and catch the rabbit format. GT6 was the first GT game I didn't finish all the events, GTS likewise, because of the garbage format.

They also need to finally do what every other racing game has done for the last 15 years or more and let us choose AI difficulty from the very start of the career, not force us to enter 'beginner' events with easy AI to be able to enter the harder events.

Honestly having finally played GTS this week that is my biggest gripe with the offline stuff, it's all catered to absolute beginners. If you're not, you have to push through learning stuff you already know and race against seriously slow AI to get to the skill level you're at.

Nothing wrong with making your game beginner friendly (although I still think the "this is how the throttle, brakes and steering wheel works" tests in GTS were a step too far) but don't treat everyone the same and force them to do beginner stuff before they get to harder events. Let us make all the events hard, from the start, if we want.

The difficulty choice it's a good thing, it can be good for both beginners and experts. I'm not a true expert but better than begginer levels so I guess I will choose medium, I dunno how PD will manage to do it

I don't recall any 24hr races in Forza 4, but it had almost 300 events IIRC compared to the 100-ish in GT4. The evnets compreensively covered the entire car list as well so most cars had 2, 3 or more events they could competetively compete in. It was a cracking carerer mode.

And, no chase the rabbit, which I totally agree with @Samus has to go, or at least if it stays become something of a special event type race not and not the norm. The long drawn out single file rolling starts are a real shame, they've been in since GT4 and I've disliked them since GT4.

300 is insane regardless and if gt7 will have such number of events or close to it will be AMAZING, I think will be longer than GT4 with 24h events, rally, nascar, formula, karting, license, missions, championships, seasonal events, drifting, drag race etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
The difficulty choice it's a good thing, it can be good for both beginners and experts. I'm not a true expert but better than begginer levels so I guess I will choose medium, I dunno how PD will manage to do it
I like the way they have done the difficulty in Forza where you can change it on the fly with the driveatar setting. I use a hard setting for the races & then bump it down to easy for those stupid bowling events to get them over with.

A similar format would work well in GT7. It's a tough thing to get the balance right to suit all player skill levels.

I know from reading on here I'll be in the minority, but I liked the licence tests & mission challenges in GT Sport, for the most part the curve was spot on. I came into it as pretty much a beginner, I hadn't played a driving game for the best part of 10 years & when I used to play them I never really persevered long enough to get even close to consistent.

I think the basic stuff should stay, but I'd also like them to add a bit more in the way of tests & tutorials on things like trail braking. In Sport the only challenge I have yet to gold is the Nurb hotlap. It wasn't until I started to race online that I realised how terrible I actually am.

300 is insane regardless and if gt7 will have such number of events or close to it will be AMAZING, I think will be longer than GT4 with 24h events, rally, nascar, formula, karting, license, missions, championships, seasonal events, drifting, drag race etc.
I hope you're right :cheers:.

Last edited:
I'm hoping it could be about as long as GT4, give or minus some events. For example, I don't see the need for endurance races that last over 4h, since in real life, it's never a single driver doing the whole LM24, for example. I also could see some new events being added, especially if they revive brands having their own events like they did in GT4. For example, I could see Red Bull becoming its own "brand" in Brand Central (or its successor) and then also having a one-make with one of the X2014 cars at the Red Bull Ring - perhaps the Junior.

Generally, I'd like to see a career mode that encourages driving as wide of a variety of cars as possible, as well as tinkering with game mechanics like tuning, or a possible return of the RM mechanic.

Another idea would be having multiple events that feature a group, but with different vehicle restrictions. To elaborate, there could be an event for all Gr.1 cars, but then there could be an event reserved for Group C racers, or the "Vision Gran Turismo Trophy +" could return as an event reserved for the Gr.1-spec VGTs, rather than the higher-end Gr.X models like in GT Sport's version of the event.

Another thing I'm hoping for is time attack, and I'd really want the Goodwood Hillclimb to return if the Goodwood Circuit will be returning as well. The Goodwood Hillclimb event could return, except with a new set of cars unlike those featured in GT6's version of the event. It could event feature a car from most of the major classes from GT Sport, plus any new classes that get added in GT7, like how I've always wanted a "Gr.1V" and "Gr.3V" for vintage prototypes and grand tourers respectively, like the Ferrari 330 P4 or the Shelby Daytona Coupe. You could even cap off the event not driving another Red Bull car like in GT6's version, but perhaps an F1 car, like the Mercedes-AMG W08. Though I could see the X2010 from GT6's version being replaced with the X2019 Competition...

I also hope for more idiosyncratic events, like the Sierra Time Rally from GT6, or the randomly-generated rally stages from GT5. Perhaps we could get a "Gr.D" for the various drift cars that've appeared in the game over time - such as the BP Falken RX-7 that was plucked from the Tokyo Auto Salon - and get drifting events as part of the career mode.

While I also don't see the Senna tribute returning as an event, I'd still at least hope the respective cars and tracks that were featured would return, as well. However, I could see there being a trophy for using one of Senna cars - especially the Lotus 98T - to beat a pole-worthy qualifying time he had set at a certain track that wasn't featured in the Senna tribute, like Interlagos.

On a side note, the Ascari Race Resort would be the perfect place for a round of the Supercar Festival and/or Premium Sports Lounge, as would the Dubai Autodrome if that gets added.

Last edited:
Realistically, I would imagine it being more like the one in GT6 or GT Sport. Honestly, I hate the single file races where the leader is so far ahead and it becomes like some overtaking challenge. I wish if it had stand still or double file grid format instead.

There will probably be some endurance races like races that lasts over 1 or 2 hours but 24H? Not sure.

Last edited:
One make races for all brands.

Pretty much the same events as GT4 and GT5 had.

Driving missions.

Challenges.

License tests.

Endurance races.

I think it's going to be as big as GT4 IMO, or will become larger with updates.

GT4 career was long because of endurance races that were no fun whatsoever.

Select overpowered car, enter in B-spec, 3x speed, repeat every so often one pitstops finished for 8 hours. Waste of electricity.

PD must focus on making it fun and not the awful outdated experience it has been.

Last edited:

Select overpowered car, enter in B-spec, 3x speed, repeat every so often one pitstops finished for 8 hours. Waste of electricity.

PD must focus on making it fun and not the awful outdated experience it has been.
I don't want 6 hour, 12 hour or 24 hour events in GT7. They should only be limited to iRacing.

Last edited:
What do I expect? No idea! All I know so far is that there is Simulation/GT Mode and that Rupert is my go-to mechanic.
At least as long and varied as GT4 is what I hope for, and 24 minute races not being called "endurance" like in GT6.
'Sport' at least has cups of 1 hour races in its Endurance League, which is good, though the return of some longer, classic endurance races from GT1-5 seems likely. Trial Mountain returns so I'd expect some form of 30-lap race (as in GT1 and others) on it (though maybe for faster cars than before given it's a very different circuit).
Laguna Seca has been freshly remodelled, so the 200 Miles may return.
Tsukuba should still be there so the 4h should return (and if the 9h does too, I'm keen if there's mid-race saves)

Nürburgring. Day/night cycles with 6's skies and Sport's lighting.

Those are just a few ideas based on the theme of celebrating past GT games that they're going with, fingers crossed for an excellent GT mode at least as strong as 2, 3 and 4, with special events like 5 and 6, more Bathurst and most importantly, updates adding more events when new cars and tracks are added, as we've seen in Sport.

Edit:loose BBcode, blaming phone.

Last edited:
What do I expect? No idea! All I know so far is that there is Simulation/GT Mode and that Rupert is my go-to mechanic.
At least as long and varied as GT4 is what I hope for, and 24 minute races not being called "endurance" like in GT6.
'Sport' at least has cups of 1 hour races in its Endurance League, which is good, though the return of some longer, classic endurance races from GT1-5 seems likely. Trial Mountain returns so I'd expect some form of 30-lap race (as in GT1 and others) on it (though maybe for faster cars than before given it's a very different circuit).
Laguna Seca has been freshly remodelled, so the 200 Miles may return.
Tsukuba should still be there so the 4h should return (and if the 9h does too, I'm keen if there's mid-race saves)

Nürburgring. Day/night cycles with 6's skies and Sport's lighting.

Those are just a few ideas based on the theme of celebrating past GT games that they're going with, fingers crossed for an excellent GT mode at least as strong as 2, 3 and 4, with special events like 5 and 6, more Bathurst and most importantly, updates adding more events when new cars and tracks are added, as we've seen in Sport.

Edit:loose BBcode, blaming phone.

Yeah man that's right. I wait for the same things we hope my friend

I don't want 6 hour, 12 hour or 24 hour events in GT7. They should only be limited to iRacing.

None took a notice of how GT5 features something needed for those events; which is mid-race save.

Yeah but GT5 offline is extremely forgettable, just aggressively mediocre
The AI were generally awful in GT5-6, but they have gotten a lot faster in Sport. At least when setting up a Professional level single spec race, I don't always win, in fact I often lose due to them being really good at managing tyre degradation and also utterly blind/homicidal during overtakes. So long as mid-race saves for endurance and GRID STARTS for shorter races return to the campaign we should be alright.

As I've said before, endurance races are boring without actual elements of endurance racing, namely damage and parts wearing/failing. Tyres and fuel isn't enough to make it interesting.

I believe the endurance racing in Gran Turismo is purely to test your own patience and actual endurance on being on a wheel/controller for X amount of time. So if you think they are boring and can't be hassled to do them, then you are losing the challenge of those endurance races that PD set for you. The name speaks for itself.

PS: I'm not totally against you, I also find them boring simply because of two things, how easy they are and obviously, how time consuming they are.

I also wouldn't mind damage and mechanical parts wearing off from you overdriving the car, but that would require a ton of time and effort (maybe years) to actually make it right and propperly realistic. And PD simply can't affort for that unless you want the game released by the time PS6 comes out.
A stronger AI is the best you can ask for.

Well, In my personal opinion I think that in terms of endurance races only a better mechanical damage is required a part of course from dynamic time and weather (which is very likely from what seen in trailer) are more than enough to make the race better. I don't think visual damage is that crucial not to mention how much they need to work for it, as you already know. Maybe with PS6, who knows :gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Dunno, means squat to me if A.I. is not improved. If so, I hope there is a healthy number of events with persuasive replay value. For instance multiclass racing, entering the same race in a different class of car for the completion %. Though I care little for 100% completion, it could be a mechanic that's employed, however I would just do such race events for the experience.

As I've said before, endurance races are boring without actual elements of endurance racing, namely damage and parts wearing/failing. Tyres and fuel isn't enough to make it interesting.

High stakes, now that is an element I'd love to feel in a GT game, unless the whole "cars aren't allowed to breakdown" logic PD employs doesn't get scrapped we will never see this. Imagine entering a race with the possibility of not even being able to finish it. Or maybe instead, just paying for the damages incurred after the race, like maintenance. Or maybe both. I do ponder sometimes if those odds would effect they way we approach such races. I can only see positive growth as the outcome for me personally.

Although the damage model we have that currently severely hinders a cars performance , making emergency pitting mandatory is the next best thing IMO. I would also appreciate the option to set damage to 'real' mode for my offline experience indefinitely.

I believe the endurance racing in Gran Turismo is purely to test your own patience and actual endurance on being on a wheel/controller for X amount of time. So if you think they are boring and can't be hassled to do them, then you are losing the challenge of those endurance races that PD set for you. The name speaks for itself.

It's not a challenge though, is it? You can (and should) pause your game for your own health. Having you sit in front a screen non-stop for 24 hours is not a challenge, it's a health risk.

The AI were generally awful in GT5-6, but they have gotten a lot faster in Sport. At least when setting up a Professional level single spec race, I don't always win, in fact I often lose due to them being really good at managing tyre degradation and also utterly blind/homicidal during overtakes. So long as mid-race saves for endurance and GRID STARTS for shorter races return to the campaign we should be alright.

It's still not at the level it needs to be. Even PD don't endorse it given that there's no grid starts in GT League

Back