How many of you will get Gran Turismo Mobile?

• Thread starter Strittan
  • 289 comments

Are you getting Gran Turismo Mobile?

• Yes

Votes: 216 67.3%
  • No

Votes: 56 17.4%
  • Not sure

Votes: 49 15.3%

• Total voters
I may sound like a complete noob but what is GT Mobile??
A Gran Turismo game for the PlayStation Portable, which comes out on October 1st with over 800 cars and 35 tracks.

Click on the News tab at the top of the page for info or the TV tab to find the trailers and gameplay videos.

It's an absolute buy for me :D. Even the enzo alone make me want to by GT PSP plus add the 799 cars and 60+ tracks in it.

I am actually more of a TOCA race driver fan than GT but I certainly won't be passing this up.

I honestly think PD is a one trick pony, but I like their trick and it makes me feel confident in what GTM will be...

They have stated clearly that it will only connect via Ad-Hoc mode (as do most online PSP games), which uses Wi-Fi to connect directly to systems within a close proximity. However, it is also going to support Ad-Hoc party, which is a PS3 app that tricks the PSP into going online by using the PS3 as an Ad-Hoc connection and then making other PSPs using the application appear to be connected directly.

You can get the details from Jordan's report on it on the news page from last month.

Also, since then Sony has filed for an Ad-Hoc Party patent in the US, so the signs that they are working to get the system in the US is there.

It should be noted that in the interviews where they mention how long it would take to get all 800+ cars by yourself, calling it impossible, they also often refer to how most people could never obtain all the cars in GT4. But as anyone on GTP knows, there are people on here that got every single GT4 car on their own.

I honestly believe the car trading is just to aid the majority of average players who won't, or can't, put the effort into obtaining every single car on their own. This makes sense, as GT PSP is supposed to be designed to draw new fans into the franchise.

Great, that consoles me a bit 👍. If the trading system is only to help new players, GTM will be perfect in my eyes :D. I don't mind spending lots of time to get every car, but I DO mind if I can't get them all.

Great, that consoles me a bit 👍. If the trading system is only to help new players, GTM will be perfect in my eyes :D. I don't mind spending lots of time to get every car, but I DO mind if I can't get them all.

Ya my thoughts exactly. :P

I know this has been done already but for the reccord which version is best for me to get? when i go to game to pick up my psp go should i get GTM aswell or should i get the psn version? any help would be greatly aprieciated.(sp)

Get the digital, it saves battery life, and is permanently stored on your PSN download list if you ever lose it.

Probably. I have a feeling it won't be very fun though, except for whatever GT5 connectivity it may have.

Just consider what you're playing it on... you'll only have one analog stick, and Left/Right buttons that aren't all that great even compared with an original Playstation controller... Your options for gas/brake input are pretty bad. Add that to the fact that the analog nub is way small, and the fact that GT is a simulator, and I think GT Mobile will be a quite forgettable experience.

The only thing that might save it is if it has substantial GT5 connectivity. Otherwise, why divide your time amongst two GT games when you can instead focus on enjoying the one GT game that's superior in every aspect?

The car list is up to date, if i'm correct. I added those new cars already about a week ago.

I think I am going to wind up buying this game since I won't be able to buy a PS3 and GT5 when it comes out.

Don't think it's too hard because it's hard to have precision on a PSP. Pd will test it and make it easy to use on the PSP. The people who drove the games at E3 just suck :lol:

No, people who play any racing game at E3 tend to suck. I have yet to see a video where someone is playing a racing game and didn't have a horrible time.

The only reason I doubted whether or not to buy in the first place is how they will have the missions set up. I hope they are actual races and not "Pass 3 cars in 1 lap" type of things.

I look forward to playing it on my launch PSP with no on/off switch(I use a pen) or analog stick(I only have a nub).

if theres no gt mode and no tuning (not that stupid PP system) then i have no interest and will be the first gt product available here that i havent day 1'd

Well those two things have already been confirmed to not be in the game. Kaz felt that neither of those things would fit well with playing on the go.

The point is that it's GT, and it's MOBILE. And that's why I will buy it, no question there. So I can play in the plane/train/hotel when I travel and can't take the PS2 or PS3/'40LCD/G25 with me. Or on my lunch break, or in the... well, you get the point.

Yes, I'dd rather have GT5 earlier, and it may be a striped down GT4 or whatever, and yes it's limited to the PSP hardware (controler, display, etc), and you can buy/play other games (non mobile ones even), but I will still buy this one as well, whenever it comes out. Because I'll be able to play GT, The Game, anywhere.

There's supposed to be a quick tune-like option. But no PP system,thank god.

The point is that it's GT, and it's MOBILE. And that's why I will buy it, no question there. So I can play in the plane/train/hotel when I travel and can't take the PS2 or PS3/'40LCD/G25 with me. Or on my lunch break, or in the... well, you get the point.

Yes, I'dd rather have GT5 earlier, and it may be a striped down GT4 or whatever, and yes it's limited to the PSP hardware (controler, display, etc), and you can buy/play other games (non mobile ones even), but I will still buy this one as well, whenever it comes out. Because I'll be able to play GT, The Game, anywhere.

+1. My PS3 got the yellow light of death and I lost all the good racing games for my PSP, so i'm stuck playing my old need for speeds. I need to play something good.

Probably. I have a feeling it won't be very fun though, except for whatever GT5 connectivity it may have.

Just consider what you're playing it on... you'll only have one analog stick, and Left/Right buttons that aren't all that great even compared with an original Playstation controller... Your options for gas/brake input are pretty bad. Add that to the fact that the analog nub is way small, and the fact that GT is a simulator, and I think GT Mobile will be a quite forgettable experience.

The only thing that might save it is if it has substantial GT5 connectivity. Otherwise, why divide your time amongst two GT games when you can instead focus on enjoying the one GT game that's superior in every aspect?
Well, before my wheel I always used the buttons, no analog sticks on Gran Turismo. But Yamauchi has said they worked with tweaking the control scheme to make it work well on the PSP. PD understands that the controls on a PSP work slightly differently than the Dual Shocks, and have taken that into account, as any developer worth any account would do.

I believe Yamauchi also suggested that the buttons would be better than the analog stick anyway, but that may have just been a preview I read somewhere.

I think they did about as good a job as can be expected with the TOCA series on the PSP and as much as I favor analog steering, I stick to the d pad... the PSP nub is just unuseable.

Unuseable? I used the analog for all racing games on the PSP. TOCA 3, F1 06, Test Drive Unlimited, all need for speeds, and it was a great experience, I was stuck to the analog forever. It makes turning a bit quicker, you don't lift your finger off at all to press anything, you simply move it.

I always stick to the dpad if possible on psp racegames. TDU did not have that possibility pitty enough.

PJ-FFL, you might try Wipeout pure and pulse for psp. Both high quality race / hover games. Hey you've gotta do something while waiting for GTM. And it sure is better the any NFS game on the psp.

General question about getting this game - I've pre ordered Forza 3, and with that as part of the pre order I get a free car download as an extra for pre ordering. GTM will apparently be available on UMD and PSN download, and Game.co.uk have £5 off the price for pre ordering the UMD, but I'd rather get the download than a UMD disc for my PSP-1000. Is it/will it be possible to pre order a game on PSN and get a discount or freebie?

I want to get the psn version also instead of the umd version. I hope the psn version can also be preordered (doubth that really) or at least the psn version has the code already just for the sake of being the psn version.

I want to get the psn version also instead of the umd version. I hope the psn version can also be preordered (doubth that really) or at least the psn version has the code already just for the sake of being the psn version.

The PSN version is going to be cheaper !

Unuseable? I used the analog for all racing games on the PSP. TOCA 3, F1 06, Test Drive Unlimited, all need for speeds, and it was a great experience, I was stuck to the analog forever. It makes turning a bit quicker, you don't lift your finger off at all to press anything, you simply move it.

Can you recommend any racing games on the PSP, I've only played the Formula 1 games.

Toca Race Driver is a very good one for the psp i think, there are also all the nfs remakes for the psp And the awesome burnout games, on a more arcade type. if u want other types of racing i'd suggest of course, Wipeout Pure and Wipeout Pulse, the best racing games on the psp IMO

U could also try Gran Turismo 2 (wich works beautifully on the psp system), but u need a hacked PSP (hope this does not go against the AUP)

Back