Hybriding/save hacking arrives in GT6 - Public discussion

• Thread starter tazarii
  • 458 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I dont have a problem with it. I was just clearly stating how (even the moderators) have different takes on these sorts of issues. And to me there will never be a compromising solution. So people will go back and forth over this (as was in GT5 and the money glitch).

Great! Innovation is a good thing did I say it wasnt?

No need to take offense, it seems there is alot of layers to it (TOS, cheating, getting better ideas for PD to implement)

Maybe it came out wrong I just thought it was, I guess, refreshing to hear different point of views.

Except it can hardly be construed as innovative. On the wider scale of things it's nothing more than shoving the ideas in their faces; ideas which many here have stated long before hybriding became a thing in GT5. This is of course ignoring that hybriding wasn't even new to the franchise at the time and it becomes a conundrum, if for no other reason, because online is now a factor. I'm definitely not implying it isn't a factor because it most certainly is, but you're going to have those type of people ruining races regardless of what's available to them.

And as I said, no ill-will attached.

Edit
I did do the money glitch one time through and when the moderator mentioned that within the thread it definitley came off as "policing"...probably even scared some people from doing it! Lol

Yes, you're absolutely correct but that was a during a short time period before it was ultimately decided it wasn't our responsibility.

Except it can hardly be construed as innovative. On the wider scale of things it's nothing more than shoving the ideas in their faces; ideas which many here have stated long before hybriding became a thing in GT5. This is of course ignoring that hybriding wasn't even new to the franchise at the time and it becomes a conundrum, if for no other reason, because online is now a factor. I'm definitely not implying it isn't a factor because it most certainly is, but you're going to have those type of people ruining races regardless of what's available to them.

And as I said, no ill-will attached.

I see what you are saying.

I wasnt trying to call anyone out, just my observation from that to this.

Edit
I am looking for the post that threw me off and im terrible at searching through my iphone.

Touring Mars

Dec 13, 2013
Leaving the morality of exploiting this glitch aside for the moment, I do question the wisdom of it... certainly I don't think it's a very good idea to openly admit to exploiting the glitch on a forum. If the credits were not on sale in the game via the GT Store, it wouldn't be an issue - it would simply be a matter of preference whether you felt like a huge wad of cash at the beginning of the game or not. But, since in-game credits are now actual items that Sony are charging real money for, it brings the issue into a different arena - and hence why SCEI might take a dim view of those who are helping themselves to a valuable freebie or two.

Last edited:
I miss when hacking led to learning more about the game and shenanigans.

You know what I consider cheating?

Focus RS, HSC, RX 500, Shelby Series One, Spoon civic, Spoon Integra...You get the picture.

When people bring these unbalanced cars into a room, the entire room gets deflated. They can set lap times that are far better than the competition to the point that there is no competition.

So, as I said before, put limits in place to block out unbalanced cars, and the problem will take care of itself.

Oh no, not again (I have a feeling my offline account will get cleaned off from dust.).
Maybe these hacks will force PD to more than take action, and learn how they've done the engine/etc. swapping and add it to the game to at least stop the people who use it realistically.

I miss my LS Miata.

Oh no, not again (I have a feeling my offline account will get cleaned off from dust.).
Maybe these hacks will force PD to more than take action, and learn how they've done the engine/etc. swapping and add it to the game to at least stop the people who use it realistically.

I said this last time too. You don't fight this with force. Force brings on more force. You fight this by providing tools and catering for it in game. A simple "no mods" flag in the online room set up. Let the players play.

I don't like hackers that alter the game so wildly it ruins the point of said game, however I'm all for mods and free additional content made by a community or developers that enhance a game greatly. This isn't exactly possible on console, but a small chunk of PC games pull this off well. It's greatly capable in single player only games like Skyrim but there's only a few that pull it off for multiplayer. I myself see moddable sandbox games as the way of the future.

I see what you are saying.

I wasnt trying to call anyone out, just my observation from that to this.

Edit
I am looking for the post that threw me off and im terrible at searching through my iphone.

Touring Mars

Dec 13, 2013
Leaving the morality of exploiting this glitch aside for the moment, I do question the wisdom of it... certainly I don't think it's a very good idea to openly admit to exploiting the glitch on a forum. If the credits were not on sale in the game via the GT Store, it wouldn't be an issue - it would simply be a matter of preference whether you felt like a huge wad of cash at the beginning of the game or not. But, since in-game credits are now actual items that Sony are charging real money for, it brings the issue into a different arena - and hence why SCEI might take a dim view of those who are helping themselves to a valuable freebie or two.

Oh that was during the AMG VGT credit exploit. Not the same, but not entirely different either.

Hackers ruined Gran Turismo 5 for me, the racing league I was with and countless others. It was impossible to tell if a car was legit and the excuse of 'maybe he was hacking' got thrown around quite a lot. The arguments from people accusing each other and defending themselves was unbearable. The replacement game has been out three months and guess what...

It sounds like the problem is PD. Finding a hacked car should be easy, but PD didn't want to implement the tools to give hosts control. These tools would not only have been helpful in dealing with modified cars, but with regular cars as well.

Thanks a lot. I hope you :censored:ing people have a lot of fun with your hybrids, mods, hacks and hex codes. I hope you have a blast terrifying rooms with 3000bhp Fits, drifting engine swapped Silvias and sneaking overpowered cars into fair rooms. I hope you feel like a total badass, boss and cool guy while you're doing it. I also hope you get banned, IP locked and a bricked console.
Let's hope PD reacts properly. Modding is fine, but GT doesn't take it into consideration at all. To be fair most console games don't. This should probably change as modding adds so much to a game. Modding isn't cheating or griefing, those things are completely separate. It's cheaters that should be banned, not modders. If anything the latter are doing good by showing that there is a demand and a talent for modding. The downside is that PD has not been receptive of it, so they continue to allow the already existing cheaters to abuse modding as well.

Engine/drivetrain/aspiration swaps should be in the game but they aren't. We should be able to tune our cars as ridiculously high as we want but we cant. We haven't got all the promised features because they aren't ready yet. The game has restrictions that everybody else abides by. It's only been out 3 months. Why can't you wait like the rest of us? Why must some people ruin the fun for everybody else? You've already murdered GT5, go play with your hacked cars there.
Why should anyone wait if they can do it faster and possible better? Could you imagine if PD facilitated modding? I don't think it's outrageous to say that if that happened GT6 could become the best console racer ever made. There are people out there willing to add to the game, all of them combined can output at least as much content as PD allowing them to cover a much wider range of tastes of preferences.

Now thanks to you, time that PD could've spent adding worthwhile features* will be wasted trying to build brick walls on shaky ground. Just so you can knock them down and feel like a winner again.
If it's anything like GT5, time will be wasted. It's all up to PD, they can act differently from the last time and make things worthwhile. I personally hope they don't spoil things again.

Edit: @srefre 👍[/quote]
there is nothing wrong with hacking....when you keep it offline and to your self. but as soon as you bring your hacked cars in to a online lobby,it makes the game unfair and you ruin every ones experience.
Not quite. It's only a problem when done unannounced and/or against the rules. Mods online are perfectly acceptable. They should be encouraged actually in the proper circles. What PD should be focused on is integrating modding into the game.

granted there has to be some limits.
Why? What limits?

prime example of hacking going wrong I will point you to the Money Bomb issue in GTA: O. last I heard they finally fixed the expoilt that allowed hackers to "gift" normal players billions of dollars. ruining the games economy

Would it have happened if you could get billions of dollars through the game normally?

Flat out, you do not own the the program(GT6) so you have no right to adjust or change anything within that program. And so...... All people who modify there save files should be banned, simple as that.

PD owns Gran Turismo. The end user owns the physical disc/space on their harddrive.

Oh that was during the AMG VGT credit exploit. Not the same, but not entirely different either.
Wouldnt it be exactly the same?

Correct me if I am wrong but if my eyes see right the video with the hacked car - it looks like he has billions of credits. So wouldnt that come into play here also?

Correct me if I am wrong but if my eyes see right the video with the hacked car - it looks like he has billions of credits. So wouldnt that come into play here also?

The exploit itself? No. That was patched in 1.03, I believe.

There are money modding services on NGU. Money modding has existed on NGU since day one actually.

No he hacked credits also.

Exploiting credits is nearly an entire different beast when compared to hybriding as there are now real-world prices attached to credits in GT6.

So, much like TM implied, Sony may take a dim view of those who exploit that system first for that reason alone because that's directly taking money from them.

Exploiting credits is nearly an entire different beast when compared to hybriding as there are now real-world prices attached to credits in GT6.

So, much like TM implied, Sony may take a dim view of those who exploit that system first for that reason alone because that's directly taking money from them.

Agreed! Thats kinda what I was getting at that its nice to see the mods having different takes in these issues. Although no solution to any of this will ever be achieved...

Why? What limits?
keeping HP limits respectable. no 6000hp fits. if someone wants to drop a NASCAR Sprint Cup motor in to the Camaro,let them,or drop a F20C in to a AE86 let them,and modify them according to what is all ready possible. those kind of limits.

Would it have happened if you could get billions of dollars through the game normally?.
nope,R* knew (don't ask me how) what was created via a exploit.

When you've climbed down off your soap-box, maybe you'll spare a minute to consider that not everyone has the same destination when travelling the same road. You're making sweeping generalisations about several different mentalities and purposes when it comes to hacking cars and your views are very extreme. Wind it back a bit; while I agree with some of your sentiments by nature, if not degree, you can't take that stance with everyone that may embrace it. Apart from anything else, it would be commercial suicide to just start banning with impunity, even over something like 3000bhp idiot mobiles.

I ran hybrids offline for a while in GT5 just to entertain myself. One of my favourites: I swapped out the Toyota GT1 TS2020 motor for an hp modded Honda HSV engine. You know, it wasn't as fast as the original but man, it sounded better... and made the Le Mans 24hr race a blast. An improvement in my book and what's more, one that hurt nobody.

Soap Box huh? Really? Frankly, I don't give a flying rat's bottom whether you think you're doing something realistic or not. Fact is, you are cheating. Period, there is no wiggle room or debate needed. When you mod the game, you're a cheat. You should be banned and I'll remain on my soap box about this subject till the end of time or when nerds with too much computer knowledge for their own good quit RUINING games with their cheats.

Sigh, the last bit of logic as to why GT 6 had to be a stand alone game was the point Kaz made about GT 5 being hacked beyond correction.

Consequently also the reason they did now save transfers...

Now that this is hacked, well, I struggle to understand the business logic.

It goes without saying, any code can be hacked, and with millions of users, those hacks come much faster... But if PD are prepared then they should have built a 'dif' compare in the CMS to purge these instances.

Something that would be cool is if one of these hackers wrote a comprehensive description about how PD build and apply physics to their cars, or just the governing factors. Or perhaps that's just for my own curiosity.

keeping HP limits respectable. no 6000hp fits. if someone wants to drop a NASCAR Sprint Cup motor in to the Camaro,let them,or drop a F20C in to a AE86 let them,and modify them according to what is all ready possible. those kind of limits.

I agree that realistic limits are a good line to draw. 6000 HP is in the realm of possibility for a car though.

nope,R* knew (don't ask me how) what was created via a exploit.
What I was saying was that if the game had an option where you could add huge sums of money to your save out of the box, would this have been a problem?

Likewise in GT, if you could mod and regulate mods, would 3000 hp cars or cars with hidden changes be a problem?

Sigh, the last bit of logic as to why GT 6 had to be a stand alone game was the point Kaz made about GT 5 being hacked beyond correction.

I think it's nonsense.

Now that this is hacked, well, I struggle to understand the business logic.

It goes without saying, any code can be hacked, and with millions of users, those hacks come much faster... But if PD are prepared then they should have built a 'dif' compare in the CMS to purge these instances.

Something that would be cool is if one of these hackers wrote a comprehensive description about how PD build and apply physics to their cars, or just the governing factors. Or perhaps that's just for my own curiosity.
If you wait long enough maybe someone will im sure even those hackers will want to know as well.

I can see PD locking out the save restore feature. And to be honest I kind of hope they do.

Agreed! Thats kinda what I was getting at that its nice to see the mods having different takes in these issues. Although no solution to any of this will ever be achieved...

I disagree. The solution is simple: give people what they want, and that's more customization options.

Soap Box huh? Really? Frankly, I don't give a flying rat's bottom whether you think you're doing something realistic or not. Fact is, you are cheating. Period, there is no wiggle room or debate needed. When you mod the game, you're a cheat. You should be banned and I'll remain on my soap box about this subject till the end of time or when nerds with too much computer knowledge for their own good quit RUINING games with their cheats.

"Nerds with too much computer knowledge for their own good..."

And to think, I once believed you were capable of presenting sound arguments in a discussion.

I can see PD locking out the save restore feature. And to be honest I kind of hope they do.
Yeah that would be great, cloud saves thats solution..
Never lost character on GTA V Playing time something around 10 hours?
Yep that sucks and happens with GT series too if they even try something like that.

I mainly run TTs in this game, and hacking ruined TTs in GT5 and it will ruin TTs in GT6. Which sucks for the people who actually have the skill to run top 100 times like you and me, but who are then pushed out by 50 talentless kids in X2014 hybrids or whatever those "cars" are.

See, you don't matter to these people. They don't give a poop that your entire experience gets ruined because they have to cheat. They don't care that their cheating creates imbalance. They don't care if it causes anyone who is legit fast to have to deal with even more accusations of cheating.

Just hope PD/Sony actually stand behind their TOS which pretty clearly states that what is being talked about here is a violation of the terms. And to be honest, I'm shocked that there's GTP moderators in here giving cheating their endorsements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back