I Need A Ae86! Finders Fee If Located!

• Thread starter MADBOOST
  • 1,078 comments
There are lots of 928s on the freeways and on the streets around here that are treated pretty nicely. The earlier ones, like the one I'm bringing back to life is also in pretty good condition. The only times when I see a beat up car are in the junkyard. Most of the exotic cars around here are in tip-top shape. Now if you are talking about cars like the Chevorlets and some really economic cars, that's a different story.

Lots of the AE86 I've seen usually have oxidized paint. They were in good condition, but I haven't seen any AE86 rusty. The only rusty car I've seen is my grandmother's next door neighbor with a first generation Toyota Celica and it's completely rusted through the sheet metal and the neighbor still uses it :nervous: What a disgrace.

sigh...yeah, they jacked my emblems cuz its the "cool" thing to do i guess, but most factory emblems go 4 like $10-20 around here, dunno, i mean clai is a great place, if ur wealthy, its a even better place, but sadly im not, is stuff in japan as expensive as ppl say, my grandma went there and she said its pretty damn pricy, whats the ratio of yen to dollars? anywho i'd wanna live there anyways, it'd b pretty fun, and the best ting ive heard is that if cops come to a street race, on lookers dont get fined or get their vehicles impounded, unlike here in teh US, ur there, u get caught, ur screwed, yep, all i c here is RICE, rice 24/7/11, civics here, forg eyed teg there, sum chromed out escalade, wait no theres a civic too, sheish....:irked: , oh well, so what does every1 that lives @ ur house do, i mean u work @ toyota but what bout ur dad and ur friend? and what'd ya do @ toyota?

well you live in south bay and it is a req to have chrome everything on any car no matter what it is or how ugly...

in sf i just see body kits body kits body kits... and then the occaional exotic...

the place with the most exotics seem to be south east bay like union city and fremont... i have seen a viper a ac cobra... other stuff too... in sf i have seen like 10 million ferraris dunno which ones but hte new ones that look like 456 maranellos... the cheaper ones... and on new lotus espirit... that was a blessing.. in berkeley i have sen a countach ( FUGLY ) and a testarossa and a challenge...

oh yeah i was talking about 924's not 928's

914 and 924 are hte ugliest porsches...

to thio...

but are they the rare gts that lasted until the early 90's... or sometime around then... they have a slightly diff rear end... any 928 is a gem tho... an unrespected gem but still a pure porsche...

to jdm ae86
if you get a merc you can sell it for 50... jags are a ***** to take off but back in hs one of my team members had pulled one of and sold it for 100... dunno y or where but that is what he said... dummass... oh well i think he has grown out of that stage...

do any of you know of a 4wd prelude... i am interested in 4wd cars i know about gsx eclipse and most other cars... heard a rumor of 4wd prelude... anyone know if it exists and model eyar... cant find on internet

well im in santa clara, which is like "middle bay" we;ve got a mix, sutimes is body ktis, others its chrome we;ve got alotta vipers around ehre though,dunno much bout a 4wd prelude though, most cars that r 97' and up r in great condition, most that is, but other than that, most cars from tehre on go downhill

I saw like about 4-5 S4's with the new rear end compared to the early 80's and I saw 3 GTS's. That's all, but I'm expecting to see more :D

Wow thats close to vallejo... East bay, where I live. The Bay Area is a great place to live... San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose, to name a few, really crammed with lots of different cultures. Anyway Ford trucks (150s) and Mustangs are the most common you'll find in the majority of the Bay, as well as Z06 Corvettes and Z28 Cameros. Dodge Ram is another truck that is worth mentioning, especially with huge off-road tires which makes them look like Godzillas. I went to Chiba for a few days and I've only seen one Chevy truck in the whole town. Everyone drive those square-ish, diesel sedans and vans, kinda like Honda Element and the new Scion xB (Toyota Black Box, or bb).

There is an 86 near my neighborhood, looks very rusty though. I can take pics later and let u guys see how crappy it looks ;) In various Chinatowns you'll find souped up 86s, but because of VERY rough roads no one dares to put body kits to create ground effects as it will make them very 'scratchy'. Japan roads are very smooth although I've never seen driftings over there. Guess I missed out some good stuff haha.

Hm, come to think of it, is it even possible to bring a 69 Mustang to Japan? That'll beat down everyone in the drag races :cool:

i know thy drag race, but do they do tuned srag races like in teh states, i know they do top fuel drag, but i doubt they do it with other cars, its mostly track i believe

Oh btw Deity, why do the drivers in Japan turn off their headlights when they come to a redlight? They only turn on their park lights. I always wonder about that.

lolz, of course there are souped up AE86s in Chinatown! Duh! :P There are also Civics, Supras, some 240SX [the one with retractable lights], and every once in a while, a Subaru would come in :D

Over here in San Jose, the SUVs dominate the car population. Although recently, there are more sedans than SUVs on the road. Back in 2000, SUVs used to be at least 65% of the parking lot. It was scary when those big monsters back up on you :eek:

No no, trucks drivers are now the most scary thing after the roar of arrogant Civic and Integra drivers. They drive ok now because of the police but before everyone feared of their lives driving on the freeway. Thio Im sure you've been to Milpitas before... ;)

oh well, so what does every1 that lives @ ur house do, i mean u work @ toyota but what bout ur dad and ur friend? and what'd ya do @ toyota?

My dad does nothing when it's not car related. If he is working on our cars, he always does suspensions, brakes, transmissions, gearing, etc. My best friend is my partner mechanic at Toyota. My workmates are teaching him to do stuff that I can't do (stuff my dad does). I work solely on engines and I'm part of TRD's unit for the street-legal vehicles. I worked on the 2000GT (SW20) and the 3000GT (JZA80). I also did the engine work on the last Supra made. TRD camshafts and cams, TRD exhaust manifold, and intake manifold. But when I go back to work (can't wait!), I just work on engines. Somme engines I like, some I don't. The 4A-C (AE85) is the easiest engine to work on. The 1JZ/2JZ (MA70/MA80) is challenging but I'm used to it. I love when a 4A-G powered car comes in. But, that's basically what I do.

is stuff in japan as expensive as ppl say, my grandma went there and she said its pretty damn pricy, whats the ratio of yen to dollars? anywho i'd wanna live there anyways, it'd b pretty fun, and the best ting ive heard is that if cops come to a street race, on lookers dont get fined or get their vehicles impounded, unlike here in teh US, ur there, u get caught, ur screwed

Yeah, but you need to realize that people make more here than they do in the States. The ratio is different with different products. The most expensive (and important) is FOOD. To get fresh fruits, prepare yourself to spend about $100USD just on fruits that will last a week. But overall, the ratio to JPY to USD is probably 2:1. Cops LOVE drift compititions that are placed on the streets. When we do it, they will watch until somebody complains. As soon as someone calls the cops on us, they will just turn on their police lights and that's basically the signal to find another spot. It's funny because the cops were having a good time and some old lady has to ruin it for us. But they'll sometimes lead us to the next spot. But highway racing is bad for cops, because it endangers innocent civilian lives. It does, I've seen a lot of bad crashes. Drifting, is on an empty road, and involves fairly low speeds. Comparing a 220ps Trueno going 120km/h to a 1000ps GT-R going 380km/h. Speaking of racing... the movie made in the U.S., the Fast and the Furious. I can imagine when that movie first came out that it was a hot flick over there. That movie played for 3 or 4 days over here and we took it out of every theatre in Japan. I don't think we'll even get part 2, but it has the Blackbird GT-R so we might.

Oh btw Deity, why do the drivers in Japan turn off their headlights when they come to a redlight? They only turn on their park lights. I always wonder about that.

I don't know. I don't do it, my dad doesn't, and my friend doesn't. If I were to make a guess, I'd say... I don't even know, it's retarded. I'll ask though.

-Tom

Originally posted by 19xx
No no, trucks drivers are now the most scary thing after the roar of arrogant Civic and Integra drivers. They drive ok now because of the police but before everyone feared of their lives driving on the freeway. Thio Im sure you've been to Milpitas before... ;)

Yes, I have. My gosh, one truck driver ran into my dad's Tercel mirror on the driver's side, and we were really scared because the car was so light, and we were going 70 MPH. It was crazy! And it was on 237, heh.

Last Christmas, there were a group of cars that were racing on 880. They passed us and 15 seconds later, they were gone in the horizon. It was cool to see 4 cars battle it out in the hills :)

if u go to cupertino, all u c r merc, vipers, and the occasional jag, while there r alotta ricers, but the majority is rich ppl, we've got alotta suvs and trucks here too, most of em on 20's, but then again we;ve got the hill climbers, its a big mix, i talked it over with my fam and im probably gonna b goin to tokyo next summer, its gonna b awsome.......(drooling)

Mercedes Benz, Lexus, Toyotas, BMWs, and the occasional Fords and Chevys. I've only seen about 5 Vipers in my whole life, but I've seen a lot of 928s :D

Deity of Drift, are there any SUVs in Tokyo or in Japan at all? SUVs are Sport Utility Vehicles. They are like trucks but instead of holding cargo they can also hold people.

i have seen only two lotus in my whole life... tons of ferraris.. one lambo... tons of porsches... never a 959 or a 968... one cobra... i think that is basically it for tight cars... that arent riced out... frisco has the typical japanese cars... ranging from 240z's to nsx...

cupertino is filled with rich ppl??? my uncle and aunt live there near sunny vale and the best car in there neigborhood that is not in a garage... lol... is a 260z...

union city has some people who spend money on cars...
my gf lives there.,.. h2, two bimmers, one c class merc that is always covered, a suburban, and some dodge truck... this all belongs to one family lol... in the same hood there is a 350z plenty of acuras and suvs like bimmers and mDX... and it seems that whenever we go to the local movie place or whatever the union city landing place... at least half of the cars have rims and kits.. lol.. and the majority are driven by kids... lucky ass kids...

so 19xx where r you from... v town???

Yeah we have our SUV's and pickup trucks. Toyota Hilux is a popular one over here. Similar to the U.S. 4Runner (stupid name, but so is Hilux). Most the people don't drop on the 22" inch wheels though. We havea few mini-vans that are modified by VeilSide, it's pretty funny.

-Tom

santa clara is the middle bay??? i thought it was still considered south bay... cuase its like right next to san ho...

but yeah i dunno what to call union city or all that crud on the other siide.. is it still east bay or is it south...

Most of the people in Cupertino are Asian. Most of them are Taiwanese (sp?) and Mandarin people, so they only drive Mercedes Benz and Lexus. They are so impolite with those vehicles, they think they own the road when they drive.

I live towards Cupertino, so I always see Lexus and Mercedes. In Mountain View, I see lots of SUVs with FlowMasters making the car sound more throaty and huge rims. It's annoying because they think they own. argh :mad:

Deity of Drift, that's amazing! There aren't many modified mini-vans over here. Are there any pictures on the internet?

Originally posted by bengee
santa clara is the middle bay??? i thought it was still considered south bay... cuase its like right next to san ho...

but yeah i dunno what to call union city or all that crud on the other siide.. is it still east bay or is it south...

Santa Clara I think is next to Cupertino and Sunnyvale, so I think it's considered South Bay. Union City is East Bay. Anything from Fremont towards the east is considered East Bay I think.

lol modified vans...

i think its the ppl in there mercs that are the scariest to be on the road with... they got cars a big and heavy... at least hte older ones... as suvs... and they cost a lot to repair and then they drive like they own the world... and you better watch out of its your ass...

just try driving around pacific hieghts or any wealthy neigborhood in the city... its sickening...

the worst is the amg drivers... they think they have a sport car.... so they drive ten times worse than the usual merc driver...

lol, I sat in one of my friend's dad's AMG S55, he went 120 MPH at 2:00 PM on 85 to get to Shoreline Parkway, where Century 16 is. Especially at the end of highway 85, it's only two lanes!! What a mofo! I was going to get a heart attack or something! After that, I was like, "Can we do it again?" :lol:

You can tell your girlfriend it's the southeast, *shrugs*

eh south middle, whatever, im on the border of sunnyvale and santa clara though, theres a modifed Odyssey next door, its got a kit and sum rims, 1st ive even seen, but ppl round here dont really speed, they jsut drive stupidly, damn taiwanese ppl drivin there rich cars and stuff takin up 2 lanes, and then cuttin u off, while my sisters tryin to watch dumbo in teh back seat of our odyssey, sigh....anywho, ive seen alotta porsches, mainly 911's and Boxsters, few ferraris, and teh only lambo ive seen is @ the 2001 SF auto show and on in LA, lotus ive seen a few, the most popular cars around here r cameros and mustangs

There's quite a few European cars. I see a red Ferrari 360 Coupe everyday going to work. It has some aerokit (like it needs more aerodynamics...) on it and a complete custom exhaust and 19" custom Ferrari wheels. Corvettes are starting to be sold over here. I've never seen a Viper in person, and I've never seen a Mustang in person. The rarest car I've seen was probably the Ferrari 512BB (Boxer Berlinetta). Oh yeah, this guy brings his Lotus Elise to the mountain passes (Nikko I think). He's pretty good, but it has a lot to do with his car's performance. I called my friend in Florida to see how my dad's old GT-S is doing. He told me that he has one of the nicest AE86's in Florida and has won several awards on it. But he can't drift good at all. And the car has something like 160,000kms on it. It seems that asians in California can't drive good to save their lives... sad isn't it?

-Tom

Deity, I think I've seen that car in a picture. I'll post the picture later. It's actually my desktop. Does the license plate say 360 on it?

And yes, most of the asian drivers around here think they own the road. They drive slow, hold up the traffic, and change lanes in the last minute. It gets very annoying. Luckily, my parents went to driving school.

Here it is. I think the car was in the video called Grip Video.

Attachments

• desktop7.jpg
    desktop7.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 85
Oh hell yeah those modified mini-vans in the Tokyo Auto Salon are tite! Some of them even look like land mowers! However the Americans will not be amazed at that because their whole bodies are just so square-ish. Lambo doors and hydraulics seem so common over there... I dunno, I had too much Asahi that day

Dude, that accord has so much chirps on the bumper kit! It is a classic example of how Asians drive LOL

PS: Isn't that a CF Accord? We don't have CF Accords in the states. It is very confusing to find parts for my LX Accord (CG6 is the chassis code) such as Endless brake pads and Blitz Intakes and its a risk of buying them home because you never know they will work or not. Neither do we have CL Accords (Euro-R)...

That's another 360 Modena that's modified. The one I see everyday is Yellow, with the carbonfibre wing, and front/rear spoilers. The wheels on that red one are stock. I haven't seen that one yet. One question Thio, what the hell is that on the top of your screen? I want it...

Yeah the modified minivans look great. Anybody take their minivans to the extreme over there?

-Tom

It's a program called SysMetrix. I downloaded it a long time ago, but it's a good program. It measures the CPU activity, how much memory the computer's using, the amount of disk space the hard drive has left, and if the recycle bin is full. It's useful especially the softwares I run.

Latest Posts

Back