IMSA | Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge | Revival? See post #622Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 654 comments
  • 28,588 views

Please vote on all the selections below.

  • Room Open: 10AM PDT / 1PM EDT / 5PM UTC

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    16
  • Poll closed .
Is there any space available? I would like to be a full time driver.
Yep, just make sure you check the driver lists before registering so you don't pick something that's already been picked and you are good to go.
 
Yep, just make sure you check the driver lists before registering so you don't pick something that's already been picked and you are good to go.
Ok is it only 3 drivers per car?
 
Ok is it only 3 drivers per car?
It's one driver per car for a whole season. So you can't pick something that someone else has already picked.
 
It's one driver per car for a whole season. So you can't pick something that someone else has already picked.
Oh because I see 3 drivers have chosen the 370z?
 
I only see 2 teams for Aston :indiff:
@Mikey24 @Ettick and @JakeKing39 have taken all 3. Looking at my registration list, there are:

- x2 BMW M3
- x3 Chevy Camaro
- x1 Ford Mustang
- x1 RUF RGT

That's all that's left in GS class.

Any more questions I will answer in the morning, it's 1:30am here and I have to get up in 6.5 hours to get ready for the race.
 
Alright, I should register soon with my car. Thanks for answering my questions. 👍
 
Yes Swift
Thanks Ning. Looks like I'll be driving for Freedom Autosport. Question for the host though about the paint. Wouldn't it make more sense for the rims to be green or have the body green and rims white?
 
Last edited:
Do we have to use real team names?
Everything is set up in the registration link. You enter your name(s), pick a car, pick a team, then a page shows up telling you what number/colors to use (write them down if you need to), then click the submit button. 👍
Who is hosting the ST class?
@WiiFreak
 
Everything is set up in the registration link. You enter your name(s), pick a car, pick a team, then a page shows up telling you what number/colors to use (write them down if you need to), then click the submit button. 👍

Okay thanks. Also did you see my last post?
 
Everything is set up in the registration link. You enter your name(s), pick a car, pick a team, then a page shows up telling you what number/colors to use (write them down if you need to), then click the submit button. 👍

@WiiFreak
Can you delete my entry for the GS class because I changed my mind to go into the ST class.
 
So if less than 17 drivers combined show up in the two rooms will we combine the rooms?
 
Just a heads up to those racing today. During my testing/practicing, I found that the track got really dark in the infield during heavy rain, to the point where it was literally pitch black and I couldn't see the track. I turned up my exposure settings and then everything was fine. I'd recommend everyone taking a test run in heavy rain to see if they can see or not. Better to adjust your settings now than in the middle of the race.

Also, @R1600Turbo, I have a question about the 20% wet tire rule. If I put on the wets above 20%, and it stops raining and dries up back to below 20%, am I forced to pit again and change back to sports tires ASAP?
 
Okay thanks. Also did you see my last post?
No, you edited while I posted. Wheel colors are staying similar to the real cars.
Can you delete my entry for the GS class because I changed my mind to go into the ST class.
Sure.
Just a heads up to those racing today. During my testing/practicing, I found that the track got really dark in the infield during heavy rain, to the point where it was literally pitch black and I couldn't see the track. I turned up my exposure settings and then everything was fine. I'd recommend everyone taking a test run in heavy rain to see if they can see or not. Better to adjust your settings now than in the middle of the race.

Also, @R1600Turbo, I have a question about the 20% wet tire rule. If I put on the wets above 20%, and it stops raining and dries up back to below 20%, am I forced to pit again and change back to sports tires ASAP?
Ixnay on the rain, just looked at the weather report and it's 60% chance of showers now for the afternoon, but currently the weather is OK. So put the room at 20%, change of 2.
 
Question: For the pit stop are we required to use the long pit exit?
 
Question: For the pit stop are we required to use the long pit exit?
I'm not going to require it, but if you take someone out exiting the pits there will be consequences. So be very aware of cars entering turn 1.
 
I'm not going to require it, but if you take someone out exiting the pits there will be consequences. So be very aware of cars entering turn 1.
I'll be using the long pit exit anyway. 👍
 
Ok, GS class room is open. I will be hosting, but not participating.

As stated above, no pit exit requirement but to avoid collisions it's best to take the long pit exit road through turn 1. Please re-read the notes on the graphic below so you know how to do the race start.

Weather has been changed to 20%, change of 2.

racereport_daytona_v1.png
 
5 people in ST at the moment, plenty of room for more ;)
 
Last edited:
Back