IRS Pirelli Touring Car Challenge Season 1|Saturday 9pm Eastern|Congratulations to our champions

• Thread starter aceboy127
  • 193 comments
Man, two nights in a row I have issues with the router. I swear I usually dont have this issue. For some reason it just decided to reboot on its own.

Such a shame because Noir and I were in such a good battle. I just hope he has that thing totally dialed in right now. Cause if he still has room to play then :scared:. Hopefully we can do the same next week. See you guys at the final.

Man, two nights in a row I have issues with the router. I swear I usually dont have this issue. For some reason it just decided to reboot on its own.

Such a shame because Noir and I were in such a good battle. I just hope he has that thing totally dialed in right now. Cause if he still has room to play then :scared:. Hopefully we can do the same next week. See you guys at the final.
That sucks...for both the touring cars and the 2.4, I'm really looking forward to the finale though. It's definitely gonna be a good battle.

Well that was a learning experience. I'm used to driving everything stock so I didn't bother changing anything. Could that account for corner speed and corner exit acceleration as well as plain old driver skill?

Looking at the regulations now the Toyota lacks torque even compared to the other lower HP cars in class. That's where all the "pick up" is lost. Even with a near 1,000 lb added weight the Mustang and Hyundai have enough power to more than make up for it. I know this series is ending and something different is next but try testing those two with ~300HP and see how that goes. Maybe next time this Touring Car Challenge comes around everything will be closer together. :)

Not saying the car doesnt need a change, but it is competitive where its at. You just have to drive it on the edge every second and you cant have any mistakes. Thats why I didnt choose that car. I cant do those things. :lol:

Not saying the car doesnt need a change, but it is competitive where its at. You just have to drive it on the edge every second and you cant have any mistakes. Thats why I didnt choose that car. I cant do those things. :lol:
Having a car have to be driven at the very limit to be competitive with others that aren't doing that isnt good. Ill switch to the mustang I guess

Dragon Trail Winners Pics + Bonus

20180617190715.jpg
20180617190734.jpg
20180617190708.jpg
20180617190739.jpg

I am curious about participating in the race on June 23rd at Interlagos. If I was to participate, which classes are open?
For the most part, all of them.
Yeah, what he said. Honestly, around here I generally only expect around 50% of the signups to show up for the race. That may not be the case, but as a general rule of thumb, it seems to be the case. That being said you are more than welcome to run in whatever class you like.

Yeah, what he said. Honestly, around here I generally only expect around 50% of the signups to show up for the race. That may not be the case, but as a general rule of thumb, it seems to be the case. That being said you are more than welcome to run in whatever class you like.

Thanks, I wasn't sure because of the "late season entry spoiler" in the first post.

Unfortunately, I have just realized I cannot make it. I totally forgot I'm going on holiday starting Saturday until July 2nd.

Again sorry about the delay guys, everything is up to date. Do not forget you drop your worst 2 rounds off the final standings, this does include DNS's.

@Whitey093 Are you gonna make it this weekend? I need another Toyota to race against since it's off pace from the other two and I'm much slower even when he switched to the Toyota so maybe me and you can have a good race :)

I suck at tuning and most things I'm in run stock setups so I've always been used to just driving them as they are out of the box and adjusting.

It' always good to experiment with tuning. You never know what you might learn. This is a great group right here. They are very willing to share info and help others. The racing has been super clean as well. Great place to be.

The one time I raced stock in a tuning room we all had the same car but others tuned the transmission in ways that made it seem like they had an extra 50 HP coming out of turns. They just made it work better and I don't care enough to spend the time on that. Suspension and what not to be more comfortable in the corners is all good, but transmission change to get a jump on someone just feels cheap.

The one time I raced stock in a tuning room we all had the same car but others tuned the transmission in ways that made it seem like they had an extra 50 HP coming out of turns. They just made it work better and I don't care enough to spend the time on that. Suspension and what not to be more comfortable in the corners is all good, but transmission change to get a jump on someone just feels cheap.
Agreed. I don't believe anyone in this group does that. I generally don't touch the gearbox. I occasionally tweak the final drive setting but that's about it. Apparently there is a way to do a "transmission flip" or something like that but I have no idea how it' done and no desire to learn it because it seems like a cheap move. Besides, I don't care about winning as much as I care about having good clean battles with other racers.

I'm still at work so I don't think I'll be able to make it in time. Are you starting something new immediately next week that I can start thinking about while I'm stuck here?

Back