Kazunori Yamauchi Makes His Motorsport Driving Debut

  • Thread starter Thread starter Small_Fryz
  • 32 comments
  • 1,686 views

Small_Fryz

But why is the Rum gone??
Premium
Messages
15,854
Australia
QLD, Australia
Messages
Small_Fryz
Thought i would share this with my International mates 👍

GT%20Page%201.JPG

GT%20Page%202.JPG

GT%20Page%203.JPG
 
thats awesome man! i wonder how hes going to do. u see his GT4 cockpit? thats leet man :lol:
 
hehe, cool stuff. Good find Fryz.

But, methinks the editor of the magazine should've took a little more time on this piece...
Among other things [mostly typos], they write 'The international launch of Gran Turismo 3 was held at the 1991 Le Mans 24-hr race'

???
 
Boundary Layer
they write 'The international launch of Gran Turismo 3 was held at the 1991 Le Mans 24-hr race'

haha, fryz, is that this months issue of motor?
 
arent those lap times kinda slow? or was it a variation of the tsukuba circuit?
 
ls2_297
haha, fryz, is that this months issue of motor?

Yeah mate just picked it up today :dopey:

Maybe they meant GT1?
 
Small_Fryz
Yeah mate just picked it up today :dopey:

Maybe they meant GT1?
:lol:
Fryz you young bugger :sly:
GT1 was released in 1998 - I know because that's when I got it.

it's just a typo - I assume they mean the 2001 Le Mans 24 hr. The GT3 Release dates roughly correspond with the race date [June 16-17 '01 - I did some googling].
 
I got that magazine too, subscriber here. :sly:
Great article, and good luck for KYs racing future!
 
What an awesome article! 👍 Thanks so much, Small Fryz! :)
 
Maybe now he will go all Yuji Naka-like and start blowing all of his money on Lotuses and Ferraris so he can go race them.
 
Nice.. comes bundled with a Tuner Mag too, doesn't it?

Looks like I got a new mag to buy!
 
Gabkicks
arent those lap times kinda slow? or was it a variation of the tsukuba circuit?

He was in an MX-5 , and it wasn't a BMI race :p
 
MdnIte
He was in an MX-5 , and it wasn't a BMI race :p

Quite right the lap times are more than good, even the BMI lap times for an MX-5 (after a quick google) run in the range 1.12.5 to 1.13.5. So with a larger grid and under race conditions when you have to defend your position Kaz's lap times are very impresive for a first race.

Regards

Scaff
 
its awsome man, i love the article thnx Small_Fryz:dopey:👍
 
I think the phrase "makes his motorsport driving debut" are being misinterpreted, here.

He isn't going to go enter some racing championship and start racing full-time, or anything like that. Like the article said, he doesn't have much spare time, and he's worth too much to Sony to end up in a racing accident.

This was simply his first real race, and a very impressive one, at that.
 
Cool article! 👍 I can't wait 'til that issue hits the shelves over here - I'm a big fan. :D

I think the fact they've used Kaz's helmet in GT4 is cool. A nice personal touch for him. :)

Surprisingly quick around the track - he's almost gone in the reverse direction to most. Made a game(s) then started racing. Isn't it usually the other way around?... :lol:
 
Very nice article!! thank you Fryz :cheers:
 
Glad you guys like it! 👍

feel free to rep the post :sly:
 
Small_Fryz
Glad you guys like it! 👍

feel free to rep the post :sly:
:lol: I already did. :D
 
Toronado
Maybe now he will go all Yuji Naka-like and start blowing all of his money on Lotuses and Ferraris so he can go race them.
He does seem to like Japanese cars...
 
this topic sounds interesting! a pity I can't load the first page due to the mass of unnecessarily oversized pics :rolleyes:
 
This sort of puts an end to the "driving game players can't learn how to race by just playing" theory.

Now, just watch how many people will bicker about this!

Cheers,

MasterGT
 
Brock5000
this topic sounds interesting! a pity I can't load the first page due to the mass of unnecessarily oversized pics :rolleyes:
You're in Australia - pop down the shop and pick up the latest copy of Motor magazine.

It'll be all laid out for you to see. :)
 
Brock5000
this topic sounds interesting! a pity I can't load the first page due to the mass of unnecessarily oversized pics :rolleyes:

Im sorry if you cant load 1.5mb

The pics ARE the article, no pics, no article. And if they were small, you wont be able to read them, Unnecessarily how?
 
the article says he's done his share of hot-laps so it's not a big surprise that he did well in the race.

it is kind of surprising that he didn't freak a bit with 20+ cars on the track.
 
dudejo
the article says he's done his share of hot-laps so it's not a big surprise that he did well in the race.

it is kind of surprising that he didn't freak a bit with 20+ cars on the track.

Yeah. This was probably Kaz's first reaction as he got in the car and rolled out of the pits and on to the track:

What!! There are more than six cars on the track?? This can't be right.:confused:

:lol:
 
Hopefully he will enjoy having more cars on the track, adn give us an opertunity to do the same. (ie they better for GT5)
 
Back