Lemons 100 Miles: Season 1 news, schedule, and discussion.

  • Thread starter Thread starter The Bman
  • 198 comments
  • 9,386 views

Should Group B be dropped?


  • Total voters
    10
  • Poll closed .
WiiFreak's 1st and 2nd cars were fair, but the car used at La Sarthe wasn't. It went 127 credits over the limit. I don't know what should happen, since it's only a small margin, so I will let the drivers decide. Maybe I should have given out pennies rather than nickels... :lol:
 
WiiFreak's 1st and 2nd cars were fair, but the car used at La Sarthe wasn't. It went 127 credits over the limit. I don't know what should happen, since it's only a small margin, so I will let the drivers decide. Maybe I should have given out pennies rather than nickels... :lol:
Well, here is the budget for the car in mention (the MX-5) which I posted earlier.

12,271 (purchase price)
12,521 (+250) Sports Air Filter
13,521 (+1000) ECU tuning
14,021 (+500) Catalytic Converter: Sports
14,271 (+250) Oil Change
14,771 (+500) Rear Wing Type C

So it is under the limit (if my math is correct). However I do admit to having a Sports Flywheel purchased for the car which would push the car over the budget, but after buying it I unequipped it in order to make room in the budget for the spoiler instead. Now I know there is no way to prove whether I had this equipped or not during the race, so really I'll just leave the decision on that up to you guys. I personally don't believe that the sports flywheel would have made that much of a difference to the outcome of the race, equipped or not, but again its not my decision 👍 I'd also just like to say that I'll continue to race in this series regardless of the decision you guys may come to :)

EDIT: I'd also like to mention that I completely forgot I had bought the flywheel for the car in the first place, up until I got the car back and double checked the tuning upgrades for the car where I saw that I had it on there unequipped. Had I remembered I had it on there I wouldn't have used the car in the first place in order to avoid this kind of situation :scared:
 
Last edited:
WiiFreak's 1st and 2nd cars were fair, but the car used at La Sarthe wasn't. It went 127 credits over the limit. I don't know what should happen, since it's only a small margin, so I will let the drivers decide. Maybe I should have given out pennies rather than nickels... :lol:

Yeah 127 credits is a small margin. It's less than 1%, what form of penalty could we use that'd match a breach of rules that small. Plus he says the item was unclicked.

Let his points stand I say. :)

Any update about letting Hank in for the N'ring race?? 6 drivers, 7 drivers. It won't make that much difference. He seems keen and this is shaping as a 7 driver series, be a shame to leave one guy out.
 
Yeah 127 credits is a small margin. It's less than 1%, what form of penalty could we use that'd match a breach of rules that small. Plus he says the item was unclicked.

Let his points stand I say. :)

Any update about letting Hank in for the N'ring race?? 6 drivers, 7 drivers. It won't make that much difference. He seems keen and this is shaping as a 7 driver series, be a shame to leave one guy out.

I'm not sure if I should let Hank in for the All-Star Race. He is a good and honest driver, but even if I increase to 7 drivers for the All-Star Race he still wouldn't be in it. 6 is my maximum if there are only 8 drivers who actually race. I was also thinking that the All-Star Race shouldn't have points, despite what I said days ago. Just a prize race.
 
Either way I am pumped for tomorrow. I don't see the problem with letting Hank race but it's not my decision to make.
 
Whether or not WiiFreak had the flywheel installed, I doubt that it was the deciding factor in the last race. I'd say let his points stand. I've tried tunes with and without different parts so its really not all that suspicious for him to have parts unequipped.

As for letting Hank race tonight, I wouldn't mind at all. Seeing as there aren't many people in the championship anyway, the more competition the better I say.
 
I could watch, if that would be ok. Popping around to different people's cameras may be interesting. I haven't looked at cars for the track at all (not that I don't have like 10 of them ready like I think we all do!) so I haven't really practiced on the track with a specific car.

WiiFreak's car from last week isn't a worry to me. Close enough, and a flywheel wouldn't have made the difference. He's just that good.
 
I don't care about 127 credits - some of the cars for these races that I have bought more than once, the purchase price has varied up or down by more than that. The car I am taking tonight has a similar issue in terms of part installed vs what I bought, the installed stuff comes up to 14706 but in the car I guess it has i.e. standard and racing air filter but I have standard installed. There's no way to see that in the saves?
 
I like the no points for tonight, I think it's okay if Hank is in but not eligible for the prize . As long as he promises any collisions will be with Wiifreak ;)
 
Good race.

Results:

1st - Sephy71
2nd - WiiFreak
3rd - ChaddingtonB
4th - Stormtrooper2178
5th - Mick_C_1080
6th - Terbo2000

Since there were no points earned, the prize car will be $75,000 or less. Sephy, choose one.
 
Oh yay! I'd like the Lancia DELTA please :) It's the only Lancia in the new car dealership. Thank you!


Also good race everyone! Going into it I really didn't think I'd win but somehow managed to pull it off.

Storm what happened to you? You were up with us but fell back to fifth. I saw you moved up a position but did you tap a wall or something?
 
Oh yay! I'd like the Lancia DELTA please :) It's the only Lancia in the new car dealership. Thank you!


Also good race everyone! Going into it I really didn't think I'd win but somehow managed to pull it off.

Storm what happened to you? You were up with us but fell back to fifth. I saw you moved up a position but did you tap a wall or something?

I had damage on my suspension, so I pitted in a few times. I caught up by driving as aggressively as Red Bull marketing. I do admit during my advancement to 4th I was a little cocky/excited and I hit the dirt and cut some very small corners, but I probably would have overtaken Mick_C anyways, so not much of a huge deal.
 
Sorry for being a rolling roadblock out there guys, my minds been elsewhere lately. After a few laps I just hit pause so I could make some credits. Congratulations Sephy!
 
I had a good first half of the race. I stayed damage free and for a while followed ChaddingtonB, we were both getting along at about the same speed, there were a few good places where we diced for position. Eventually I was able to get by him and slowly pulled away, giving me a comfortable 3rd spot. I thought things were going pretty good. :)

But then . . . it all went downhill. :sick:

In the braking zone at the end of the long back (return) straight. I got the car out of shape and slapped the wall. There was damage, I decided to pit, as I was right where the pit entrance is. ChaddingtonB got by me. I re-joined the track and was able to catch up to be a short distance behind him.

In the winding section after the caroussel I had a moment where the car gave me some out-of-character understeer. It had never done that at that corner. But, BANG into the wall and damage again. I had steering damage, was able to hold sort of okay pace. But needed to pit. Stormtrooper got by me while I was in pit lane. 2 laps left, I was now in 5th, having seen that Terbo2000 had parked up for a long period, he wasn't about to challenge my spot. I figured best I could do was try to turn fast laps, I wouldn't get close to Stormtrooper, but if he or Chad who was only a bit ahead of Stormtrooper had a big crash and damage then I could have a chance at picking up 1 more spot.

Didn't happen. It was me who had a big impact and spin. Engine and both front wheels damaged, it was the last lap, so I just toured around the track regretting what might have been.
 
With the introduction of Performance Points, I have discovered that people could use overpowered cars, but restrict them. This could be good or bad depending on the results.

I will have a PP test this Monday at 3:00 PM EST until 5:00 PM EST. Anyone who wants to test with me just meet me in my lounge.
 
Interestingly, using the Power Limiter feature, we could use a looooot of cars which weren't previously available. There are a few Skylines, RX-7s and such that we can use now. If it turns out that these cars have an unfair advantage, you could just impose a "No Limiter" rule.
 
Yeah the power limiter could be an issue.

But this series ( plus others here I 'spose ) does rely on honestly. For one the main rules here have been a max of 150HP then $15,000 budget.

The budget limit isn't something that the lobby can filter. It comes down to trust. I think a lot of us will now be familar with the cars that are less than $15K but over 150HP - Brett above just listed a few, that I would immediatly see as suss in a 150HP race

I guess the best option is to inspect winning cars. As you've done, once or twice
 
Yeah lets move on pretending the system isn't in place and go on honesty. I think it will still work out alright.
 
Agree about not changing it , maybe in a new series change to PP.
 
I tried a few of the sub-$15k cars that are over 150HP and used the limiter to set them to 150HP. FTO, RX-7 and some Civics. I beat my normal cars time by 5-7 seconds on Madrid mini.
 
I tried a few of the sub-$15k cars that are over 150HP and used the limiter to set them to 150HP. FTO, RX-7 and some Civics. I beat my normal cars time by 5-7 seconds on Madrid mini.

Yeesh, that sounds like an awful lot, especially on such a small track. Did you happen to notice what the PPs were for the different cars?
 
Sorry I didn't open the lobby. However, I do notice how even Silvias and Starlets get outrun by RX-7s and Civics.

We should test cars for pre-season for the next season, along with power points and weight. Maybe even restrict cars to 88' or earlier!
 
Well, seeing as the pool of cheap cars is relatively small and we've gone through most of them, what if we change up the regulations? Since Group B never materialized, maybe we could drop down to 100 or 120hp limit? Or what about basing it on Performance Points? How evenly matched would the cars be if we used, for example, 350PP max, 15k CR max?
 
Lemons 100 Miles

Do you mean there is a lemon stand in 100 miles?

It is Le Mans my friend (circuit de la Sarthe), n'est pas?
 
Do you mean there is a lemon stand in 100 miles?

It is Le Mans my friend (circuit de la Sarthe), n'est pas?

*facepalm*

My fellow Canuck, please note that it isn't a typo. We race cars with 150hp or less, that must cost less than 15,000 CR. Since this championship has been going on for a month, don't you think one of us would have caught it by now?

Also, The 24 Hours of Lemons is a real thing. Which is what inspired StormTrooper to start such a league.
 
Do you mean there is a lemon stand in 100 miles?

It is Le Mans my friend (circuit de la Sarthe), n'est pas?

:lol: It's Lemons. We drive cheap cars for a shot at winning a Citroen GT Concept.
 
Well, seeing as the pool of cheap cars is relatively small and we've gone through most of them, what if we change up the regulations? Since Group B never materialized, maybe we could drop down to 100 or 120hp limit? Or what about basing it on Performance Points? How evenly matched would the cars be if we used, for example, 350PP max, 15k CR max?

This is going to take a bit of sorting out . . . by the time we get it sorted, another update will arrive and ruin it.

One idea, I'm not saying it's right but I'm just throwing it out there. Is that instead of more rules, we have less rules.

A dollar limit is the only rule, but you can only use that car once. So whatever HP and setup you can get, inside of a budget limit. Higher power cars on tracks where it works. On other tracks less power, but better tires & suspension on tracks where you need handling.

Like I said just throwing it out there.
 
Who's prepared for Madrid?
 
I am!
 
Back