Maintenance Notice this time for GT6 thank God!

• Thread starter zlays
  • 625 comments
And to be honest, I'm still half expecting absolutely nothing. Although I do sort of wonder exactly how long it's going to take them to release the other 27 (!) VGTs. We could be here for many, many years...
What's with this "we," game-not-haver? ;) I must say it is rather strange having so much participation here from someone who doesn't even own a copy. It would be nice though if you'd do more than throw darts.

If it's not the course maker I don't care. I won't play GT again until they give us what they promised months before the game was released.

New Course Maker
• Massive scenery spanning several tens of square kilometers
• A new course generation algorithm
I wouldn't count on this just yet. I'm with you completely on wanting it and all, but I have to say that some of those community features, especially fixing up and giving us those online tools, seem like they should take precedent.

I wouldn't count on this just yet. I'm with you completely on wanting it and all, but I have to say that some of those community features, especially fixing up and giving us those online tools, seem like they should take precedent.

This is what I'm hoping for at the least. I just hope they've spent the extra time wisely and provide a solid experience.

I expect an update come monday.
Mostly bug fixes for you know what,new track,VGT car(s) and community features at least.
PD can't of just been twidling their thumbs and whistling for a while.
Something must happen next week.
Then again I thought the same for the past few weeks.
EDIT:Also any predictions for the size of the next update if/when there's one?
I'll say 3GB.

Just trying to think logically,it seems that they are actually saying that the servers will be completely down for aproximately 2 hours. That is on top of the regular scheduled maintenance on Tuesday.

That makes me think/hope that it could be part of the promised online improvements. The race club features maybe/hopefully.

Mind you it may all be smoke and mirrors and we will have to wait but we can hope can't we.

Notice I like the word "HOPE" it's so much better than "SOON" :)

EDIT: man I was so long writing this it seems everyone had the same idea as me, only hours earlier. I'll just crawl away now and wait for Monday,.....or whenever :)

If it's not the course maker I don't care. I won't play GT again until they give us what they promised months before the game was released.

New Course Maker
• Massive scenery spanning several tens of square kilometers
• A new course generation algorithm
if what i hear about the community features is true , that you can make club , races , challenges & share them with friends + what we had with gt5 [ trading cars,paints,gears ] , this feature will add good value to the gameplay.
sure everyone has their priority but still if we dont get the course maker , the community feature will be enough to play until they release the course maker'

the only problem is that .. it all starts with "if".
if we get an update , if we get course maker , if we get a new track , if we get a new vgt , if we get the community feature...

guys, i know it's easy to get ahead of ourselves here, but i would temper expectations based on PD's track record.

I wouldn't expect anything more than this next week:

255986_mainimg.jpg

and maybe a new track they announced weeks ago for the end of February. I see no reason to expect anything additional.

While 75% wants to believe that this is the long overdue 1.05 update, the other part of me is screaming that this is merely online maintenance and we won't get anything from it. This is the way I have always been with PD, I have never been 100% confident that PD will release an update when maintenance is done as I don't want to really think it is coming when the reality is very much the opposite. That said, if it is 1.05 it better be worth the additional wait, else I will be quite livid indeed. I'm thinking along the lines of the Community features (also improved lobby systems), course maker and B-Spec. Anything else will be a bonus in my eyes.

I'm expecting an update for GT6. It's about the right time. If there will be no update, goodbye Sony, goodbye PD, quality of your products doesn't suit me. I better spend my money on Mario Kart next time...

Everyone just needs to keep their expectations low and appreciate whatever comes at them. Sure, it could be a few new cars people will pick up and drive once, then lock away in their Stockyard, but new content is still new content.

It's a whole new exuberant feeling to see PD updating the News feed for GT6, giving notice of a scheduled maintenance.

Everyone just needs to keep their expectations low and appreciate whatever comes at them. Sure, it could be a few new cars people will pick up and drive once, then lock away in their Stockyard, but new content is still new content.

It's a whole new exuberant feeling to see PD updating the News feed for GT6, giving notice of a scheduled maintenance.
Why I have to keep my expectations low? Please explain. I paid MONEY for this game, and it's normal thing that I have some expectations for the game i've bought.
If Sony would have gave me GT6 for free, then ok, I'll take what they offer me. But Sony didn't gave me GT6 for free, i paid money for it.

It is not fair to offer such unfinished and buggy product to thier loyal fans. I'm really dissapointed in Sony and Kaz.

Why I have to keep my expectations low? Please explain. I paid MONEY for this game, and it's normal thing that I have some expectations for the game i've bought.
If Sony would have gave me GT6 for free, then ok, I'll take what they offer me. But Sony didn't gave me GT6 for free, i paid money for it.

It is not fair to offer such unfinished and buggy product to thier loyal fans. I'm really dissapointed in Sony and Kaz.
I'm not quoting about the advertised features; I expect them to be there as well, but was brought disappointment. I'm talking about new content, such as this track we're getting and any new cars. Surely PD must be focusing on the advertised features to be implemented (if I recall, this is supposed to be the Community update as well, but don't quote me on that), but then they add other content along the way as a little side-bonus for some.

It's just the disdain that new content receives, like the Red Bull X prototypes and any of the other cars some players could give less of a thought for. I was very disappointed when the Course Maker wasn't present, but I appreciate anything they add on the side to dampen my wait for it. Not saying that it's of equal value to have add-on content added than features that were advertised, but it's just food for thought.

The thing that bit me in the arse the most was the lack of communication. At least they addressed GT6 for the first time, in like, a month or so.

I'm not quoting about the advertised features; I expect them to be there as well, but was brought disappointment. I'm talking about new content, such as this track we're getting and any new cars. Surely PD must be focusing on the advertised features to be implemented (if I recall, this is supposed to be the Community update as well, but don't quote me on that), but then they add other content along the way as a little side-bonus for some.

It's just the disdain that new content receives, like the Red Bull X prototypes and any of the other cars some players could give less of a thought for. I was very disappointed when the Course Maker wasn't present, but I appreciate anything they add on the side to dampen my wait for it. Not saying that it's of equal value to have add-on content added than features that were advertised, but it's just food for thought.

The thing that bit me in the arse the most was the lack of communication. At least they addressed GT6 for the first time, in like, a month or so.

What i am expecting from GT6 is all the features of GT5 (! some of them are missing, why?), advertised features, and features to please and encourage me to buy next installments of GT, that would be extra additional content. If Sony thinks that selling me incomplete and diminished product is ok, they are wrong.

Since the course maker affects both offline and online part of the game (like it was in GT5), any announced update to the servers makes me think that this is what we will get in a couple of days time. Especially if you consider promised update that hasn't been released yet.

Explain why it's the only maintenance in 3 months to get an announcement, and why it's on a different day from the "regular" maintenance.

PD don't announce everything they release, you must be thinking of a less spontaneous game development team.

Although as Jordan said, they do often release big updates right after maintenance periods.

Your pessimism hurts my head.

That's actually a good point...

I'm not being the most... hope-filled, so to say, person in the world when it comes to GT6. PD failed us here a number of times already, so my hopes aren't very high.

As of now, GT6 is a good racing game, but it's a terrible Gran Turismo title. Improvement over its previous part is close to none from my experience (better physics and graphics aside). And I really want (it's a positive 'GO ON PD!' rather than a demand on my part) PD to deliver what they promised, because with all the features they promised GT6 is an absolutely brilliant game to even think of.

If anything big comes next week, great! Maybe then will only have to wait until GT5's shutdown in May and then PD will focus entirely on GT6 (and the rumored GT7?) and start giving us updates and new content more frequently.

My pessimism... Well, I learned to always expect the worst so I won't be potentially disappointed in the future ;)

What's with this "we," game-not-haver? ;) I must say it is rather strange having so much participation here from someone who doesn't even own a copy. It would be nice though if you'd do more than throw darts.

I'm not counting on anything. I've long since stopped counting on PD.

As far as priorities, you have yours, I have mine, and god knows what priorities PD has.

I mentioned probably two months ago that I didn't own the game. I also mentioned that I would probably buy it when I found a copy at a price that I thought would be reasonable for the current state of the game, whatever that might be at the time.

You clearly have no idea whether I've bought the game or not in the last two months. I'm not about to enlighten you, because look at what happened the last time I did. You take every opportunity to bludgeon me with the information.

Play the ball and not the man, for a change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back