Malaysia Grand Prix 2009

• Thread starter mPWRD
  • 316 comments
Yep. In case you forgot, Piquet got second to Lewis in GP2 2006, and Bruno got second in 2008. But the champs... Rosberg, Hamilton, and Glock to name a few... they've got a future. Famous blood counts for almost nothing, as does GP2 results...

Although you could make a case for blood... Andrettis, anyone? Or how about the Hills? Both world champs. Villenueve? Outside of F1, there's Rahal, Foyt, Unser, Earnhardt, etc. So blood may have something to do with it. But maybe not.

Quick example: i always wanted to be a race driver, but i never had any money to do it. I might be good or not, but i can tell you this: if my dad/uncle was a race driver, i would surely at least have tried a carrear.

Every race driver sun already has a huge head start against everybody else, They can start on go karts at the age of 5 or 6. I don't know in other countries, but racing here is trully expensive. Since the pool talent is reduced by this, it's normal to have families dominating the racing field.

Yep. In case you forgot, Piquet got second to Lewis in GP2 2006, and Bruno got second in 2008. But the champs... Rosberg, Hamilton, and Glock to name a few... they've got a future. Famous blood counts for almost nothing, as does GP2 results...

Although you could make a case for blood... Andrettis, anyone? Or how about the Hills? Both world champs. Villenueve? Outside of F1, there's Rahal, Foyt, Unser, Earnhardt, etc. So blood may have something to do with it. But maybe not.

By that train of thought, Marco Andretti Should be in F1 now as Champion and Earnhardt Jr(along with Kerry and his son Jeffrey) should be a cup champions then. However, it doesn't automatically work that way. the best jr has done is becoming 2-time Busch series champ and thats it. He still isn't able to perform even with better equipment and his brother Kerry was by a long shot no better. Likewise, Marco isn't putting in competitive performances as of late and isn't a champion himself. Best he managed (or the last I saw at least) was a very close second to Hornish at the Indy 500. These are perfect examples that a famous name is nothing.

By that train of thought, Marco Andretti Should be in F1 now as Champion and Earnhardt Jr(along with Kerry and his son Jeffrey) should be a cup champions then. However, it doesn't automatically work that way. the best jr has done is becoming 2-time Busch series champ and thats it. He still isn't able to perform even with better equipment and his brother Kerry was by a long shot no better. Likewise, Marco isn't putting in competitive performances as of late and isn't a champion himself. Best he managed (or the last I saw at least) was a very close second to Hornish at the Indy 500. These are perfect examples that a famous name is nothing.

I never said that they all had to be champs... unlike Graham and Damon Hill, it's just that they are reasonably successful. I am not a nascar fan by any means, but I know that earnhardt jr. is not what you'd call a bad driver. and marco andretti is promising... not exactly great.

Moviewmv.gif

Kanaan can drive circles around Andretti.

:lol: Forget it :D

1. Shouldnt the poll for caption game be up yet?
2. Who is going to make the shanghai thread?

Back