Mazda LM55 Vision GT Revealed, coming with a new batch of holiday seasonals!

i1WoHuKqqrtRXSB.jpg

i10evpxLOqpq2cc.jpg

Image comparison:
tam24326.jpg

Sadly, I cant give more impression to this car since im on a field trip. So merry christmas anyway :)

I'd like to propose a more appropriate title for the news update.

Introducing the Mazda BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPITSGOTAROTARYENGINESOSMALLSOMUCHPOWERITSSOLOWITFITSUNDERMYDOORSTEPSOMUCHKODOSOMUCHPOWERIKUOMAEDASOOOOOMUCHKODOBRRRRAAAAAAAAPBRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPLEMANSVICTORYHAVEYOUFORGOTTENITSGOTAROTARYENGINE?WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAHAHRHGH.

Can't wait to try this thing out. Does help that it also looks awesome.

i1km16rCURU3ldH.jpg

Look at it! Soooo low.

New stuff! :DDDDDD
Mazda is in the hotfix. So, yea.
DRIVING IT IN LIKE A MINUTE.
Seasonal is on Mazda Laguna seca, duh.
It actually sounds like a rotary! No brapbrapbrap though, sorry

Ill be the first to say it, but this is hands down the best looking vision gt yet. Thats the bare minimum imo.
I can agree to that. Something I'm really excited for! Might be due to the fact that it resembles something...kind of realistic? In terms of being an LMP car I suppose.

I can agree to that. Something I'm really excited for! Might be due to the fact that it resembles something...kind of realistic? In terms of being an LMP car I suppose.

It looks like something because it is the first VGT built to some sort of real-world standard (AKA the LMP1 regulations). Its refreshing.

Image from Gran Turismo's Facebook page (cover photo):

upload_2014-12-24_20-26-44.png

Source: https://www.facebook.com/GranTurism...4593245011288/567704100033533/?type=1&theater

I like this VGT, not only because I like the design (I was wondering how a radical Kodo design language concept would turn out since it looks nice but not entirely impressive on Mazda's current cars), but also because it's an LMP1 (like) car that sets it apart from the other VGTs.

That Mazda lm55 looks pretty good :) I must try it out to see if it's pretty good peformance wise since I've always had a secret love for the mazda 787B

My Hotfix keeps saying 12 mins. Approx but it aint moving. Anyone else or just me? Now its gone down to 11..
Mines says 20 min left

So, here's what I think of the new LM55.

The grip is just immense. It is truly mind-blowing. Not once did the car slip on the track. Off track, however...

VRAAAAAAAAAAAAAP *backfire, upshift* VRAAAAAAAAAAAAAP.

On-point steering.

Really easy to drive.

Looks great.

Hands-down the best new VGT in GT6.

EDIT: I found out why there's so much grip. It's 4WD! :drool:

I hope Mazda builds a working prototype like the Furai. They need something to show off after the Furai burnt to the ground in the hands of Top Gear.

This, this so much. It seems like it has LMP1 in mind, it would be amazing if they at least built a working prototype of it since it seems like it would be race ready.

Wow! Just driven it and first though; Wow! Easily the best VGT out to date, great Christmas present too from PD/Kaz. Thank you! It sounds like a piped down 787B, with F1 steering and Le Mans downforce. And the way the car is surfaced on the track, awesome VGT. :)

Wow! Just driven it and first though; Wow! Easily the best VGT out to date, great Christmas present too from PD/Kaz. Thank you! It sounds like a piped down 787B, with F1 steering and Le Mans downforce. And the way the car is surfaced on the track, awesome VGT. :)
Glad to hear the sound is similar to 787B.

As always, the gallery view, the sketch, and the movie pls.

Ill be the first to say it, but this is hands down the best looking vision gt yet. Thats the bare minimum imo.
Its a car that is much realistic to made IRL if Mazda still on LeMans Prototype.

Let me remind you, Mazda has already made a Furai, a car that, in design, much more futuristic than this VGT.

Wooooow I just saw the video intro with Santa-san !!!! LOVE IT ! and the mazda omg finaly a LMP car that doesn't look like other LMP. I wish it comes real and race at le mans of course :bowdown:

Thanks PD again :cheers:

My heart is broken. The design is absolutely glorious, the sound isn't good but it isn't bad either...but the way it drives, I just hate it. Mostly because of the stupid gearbox, why the 🤬 do we need 8 gears in a racing car? It just means you have to downshift more in hopes the brakes actually do something and that each familiar corner becomes a stupid guessing game.

Bah, what a waste. It could've been the best VGT and I certainly hoped for such a thing but the driving experience felt to me like a complete bummer.

EDIT:
To top it all off, idk why the game shut down after I golded the event. I fire up the game again and I have no "X" button, neither the throttle pedal works for confirming a selection. PD being their usual mediocre selves... 👎

My heart is broken. The design is absolutely glorious, the sound isn't good but it isn't bad either...but the way it drives, I just hate it. Mostly because of the stupid gearbox, why the 🤬 do we need 8 gears in a racing car? It just means you have to downshift more in hopes the brakes actually do something and that each familiar corner becomes a stupid guessing game.

Bah, what a waste. It could've been the best VGT and I certainly hoped for such a thing but the driving experience felt to me like a complete bummer.
Take corners one gear higher than usual. The GTR Concept LM has 7 gears and it was confusing at first also. But driving it a bit and the gear selection in corners is actually flexible.

Back