Mercedes teases "Vision GT concept"

• Thread starter Ranman20
  • 395 comments
looks retro to me weirdly.

I can't get the Audi Autounion out of my mind for some reason! (Remember, the one from GT4 that could only be used at Nurburgring?)

audi-auto-union-type-c-streamliner_100194215_m.jpg

We need to see the full car to fully judge this. At this point I think the car can have some fans. Wonder how it performs and what can it do.

I knew I was going to somehow end up disliking these GTV cars when GTV was first announced. The GT by Citroen is fugly, and this is too.
You judged that from seeing one teaser of a car? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, fortunately everyone has their own eyes. :eek:

Well, cool things like the rising rear spoiler and the K.I.T.T. led's will be cool. Wonder what other goodies it will have from the interior view. Map of all the circuits in its hud? Powertrain: 12speeds? AWD? 4WS? Steering wheel switches from left to right? Will it be speed limited to 40kmh as its a concept car? :P

To me, it looks amazing and it has a lot of presence. I played a lot of GT Tokyo-Geneva in the past and I loved driving most of the selection of concept cars in that game. Im glad they're doing this.

Last edited:
I wasn't looking foward for the Mercedes vision gt car, but man, that's awesome

if this is what one of the participants I wasn't expecting nothing of my taste is doing, maybe now I can get excited for all vision gt cars.

I knew I was going to somehow end up disliking these GTV cars when GTV was first announced. The GT by Citroen is fugly, and this is too.
My thought exactly. And Mercedes, congratulations for the ugliest rims ever.
Not sure what I think about concept cars still.... they're too fake and futuristic looking
Yep it really looks like a Mercedes "me-too" version of Citroen GT.

I can't get the Audi Autounion out of my mind for some reason! (Remember, the one from GT4 that could only be used at Nurburgring?)

It's in GT6, if you didn't know already! ;)

The first thing I thought was "TVR Cerbera Speed"! Somehow instantly reminded me of that horrible handling.

I hope that the MB will handle smoother! Kinda like the look of it!

Shorten the car to more normal proportions, and round off the sloping rear and I think you'll have a close approximation to the C190/AMG GT

@andrea check the official car list (on the news page or on granturismo.com)

Thanks guys.
No problem! :gtpflag:

Edit: On another note, in the Vision GT trailer, the sketch of the Mercedes was the first one, so will we be seeing these cars in the order that they were in the trailer? If so, I believe that the Alfa Romeo 6C Biposto is the next car.

Last edited:
That's not far fetched actually. I thought those sketches were just place holders but they're not. In that case I can't wait for the Peugeot concept car.

WHAAAT!!? Are you serious?! :eek: That's amazing! :D

Yeah, IMO incredible how advanced MB/Auto Union (latter in the 30s of course) were back then. In a documentary I saw Stirling Moss said that this was MB answear to Jaguars with disc brakes in the 55 LeMans race. Could this also be the first use of a airbrake in automotive history ever?
Well dark side of this story is, that air brake probably lifted Leveghs car in that horrible crash which lead to over 80 casulties :(

Wish we could get its MB counterpart :( It reached a top speed of 432 km/h on the autobahn. IIRC Auto Union tried to best this record the same day, but the driver Rosmeyer got killed in a accident.

You judged that from seeing one teaser of a car? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, fortunately everyone has their own eyes. :eek:

Actually we've seen plenty of teasers from most of the cars that GTV will provide and they were actually posted in the more GTV general thread so he is probably judging with a big brush because it's more than one car seen.

Yep, agree 100% Personally, I don't like it. Looks too stretched out and impractical as well as darn ugly.
I'm actually extremely nervous that Vision Gran Turismo will give us more concept cars than actual real production cars. I hope that's not the case though because 90% of concept cars look like a horrible joke to me

Back