Modified Track Path Editor + Tracks/Discussion

I created an animation! Surprisingly, the difficult part wasn't the animation itself (it took two minutes to write the code), but to convert from .ps to .png. I had to manually convert each frame...

So obviously I need to figure out a better solution for that. Preferably one that doesn't rely on third party modules, since those can be a royal pain to install.

AnimatedPNGs.com_1511174517717.png

I created an animation! Surprisingly, the difficult part wasn't the animation itself (it took two minutes to write the code), but to convert from .ps to .png. I had to manually convert each frame...

So obviously I need to figure out a better solution for that. Preferably one that doesn't rely on third party modules, since those can be a royal pain to install.
Nice, finally, the mental image brought to life through a 3D model. Eran, you rule! :D

On another note, I noticed someone called razerman on another site doing some great things with GT6....
Is it you @Razerman :)

Hmm... not sure what you are talking about but maybe ;). Done quite a few things in the past.

Thanks guys, got it working using Microsoft edge..i think the problem was because the app has remembered the session id on Firefox it will not allow any new session id on it as it was saved. No matter how many times i deleted the old id, on boot up it would try to load the old id and fail....did that make sense?

Glad you got it working. I think logout and relogin should refresh the cookie as well. Unfortunately the login with email and password doesn't work anymore after Sony started forcing the captcha validation so the manual cookie retrieving is the only way for now.

Damn, that's advanced :D Glad to see you are still working on this.

I found out that the maximum number of checkpoints is 9. If you add any more through the 010 editor. It bugs out the .ted. The extra checkpoints are changed into natural log values and the first road code is changed to this:

I found out that the maximum number of checkpoints is 9. If you add any more through the 010 editor. It bugs out the .ted. The extra checkpoints are changed into natural log values and the first road code is changed to this:

Did you make sure that the header was set up correctly?

On another note, here is Nordschleife in 1:2 scale (great for having fun with low power cars!). Fairly accurate layout and elevation. Very few trees though :P

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/friend/eran0004/course/3022366/

Did you make sure that the header was set up correctly?

Yep, I changed the set number to match. Is there another line of code I need to change? The original goal is to place my checkpoints at the mile markers. The road that this error occurred was 11.5 miles in length. So, I added the extra checkpoints under the header to create the slots. When I went to go change the values of the extra checkpoints. I noticed tgat the extra checkpoints were displayed in natural log values (e). When I changed the values. It would change the code on the first road segment to the code metioned in my last post. When I change it back to the sprint start code. It changes the checkpoint values back to natural log. The track will load. Yet, the track will either freeze when it loads or during a test run or when you attempt to save it. At first I though I had a logical error in the code somewhere under road and deco. After an in depth scan is how I found about the checkpoints. My guess is that its a limit within the architecture of the software. I'll have to look at some of GTs tracks like the ring , sierra or lemans to see if the checkpoint numbers the same.

Yep, I changed the set number to match. Is there another line of code I need to change? The original goal is to place my checkpoints at the mile markers. The road that this error occurred was 11.5 miles in length. So, I added the extra checkpoints under the header to create the slots. When I went to go change the values of the extra checkpoints. I noticed tgat the extra checkpoints were displayed in natural log values (e). When I changed the values. It would change the code on the first road segment to the code metioned in my last post. When I change it back to the sprint start code. It changes the checkpoint values back to natural log. The track will load. Yet, the track will either freeze when it loads or during a test run or when you attempt to save it. At first I though I had a logical error in the code somewhere under road and deco. After an in depth scan is how I found about the checkpoints. My guess is that its a limit within the architecture of the software. I'll have to look at some of GTs tracks like the ring , sierra or lemans to see if the checkpoint numbers the same.

You need to insert four bytes for every new checkpoint, and then change the start position of the road data and the decoration data by +4 for every new checkpoint you added.

Right now, the road data begins in the checkpoint data, that's why when you change the checkpoint value you also change the road ID and vice versa. The reason why you're seeing different values is because the checkpoints use a 4 byte floating point format, while the road ID use an 8 byte integer.

You need to insert four bytes for every new checkpoint, and then change the start position of the road data and the decoration data by +4 for every new checkpoint you added.

Right now, the road data begins in the checkpoint data, that's why when you change the checkpoint value you also change the road ID and vice versa. The reason why you're seeing different values is because the checkpoints use a 4 byte floating point format, while the road ID use an 8 byte integer.

Ah, So I should do the checkpoints right after the elevation adjustment and before any decoration and other road struct such as restaurants? That way, like you said, add four to every start of decos. It makes sense as I was doing the checkpoints after road struct and or decos. I'll try what you said on my next project.

Ah, So I should do the checkpoints right after the elevation adjustment and before any decoration and other road struct such as restaurants? That way, like you said, add four to every start of decos. It makes sense as I was doing the checkpoints after road struct and or decos. I'll try what you said on my next project.

Not the start position (in meters) of each decoration, just the start position of the actual data, i.e. what bytes to read. In the header you have the start position (in bytes) for each type of data and the number of items. For example, the Road data may start at byte 8520 and be 48 items long. So when the game reads the file it looks at the header and sees that when it needs to read the road data it should go to byte 8520 and then keep reading the bytes from there on until it has read 48 items.

You can edit the checkpoints last if you want to, all you need to do is to update the file header so that the game knows where each set of data is placed in the file.

Since a checkpoint is 4 bytes long, you need to edit the start position of the road and deco data by +4 (bytes) in the header when you add a checkpoint. The data itself can stay exactly as it is (just make sure that you insert new bytes when you add these checkpoints, so you don't overwrite the road data), you just need to show the program where to start reading from.

Well guys, I'm not sure if anyone has seen teh message. Yet teh online servers for GT6 wil be shut down on the 28th of March 2018.
This is what what said about the track path editor in detail:

"With the end of the online services, the distribution of the "GT6 Track Path Editor", currently available on "Google Play" and the "App Store", will also end as of 28 March 2018. After the end of the online services, it will no longer be possible to transfer track data created with the "GT6 Track Path Editor" to "Gran Turismo 6".

Well, it couldn't last forever. Enjoy burning cash in a bums oil drum to get small crumbs of content for their cheap demo that they think is god.
You have failed us PD and GT.

My blu ray drive died just before Christmas so I'm already out of the game, definitely not paying £15 for the digital version now.
Anyways let me say thank you to all involved in this project, so many names to mention, you know who you all are. :bowdown:
It's been wonderful being a part of this but sadly all good things come to an end, so happy Christmas to all & families, hope you all have a great new year. :cheers:

With the servers being switched off, i assume we'll still be able to use the downloaded tracks that we already have?....time to get those best ones redownloaded...oh but what to choose?..feel free to post your best/favourites :)

Hmm, I hate to say this, yet, I do think that you can only access these custom tracks when connected to the servers. Although, I'm like you, as I wish we could keep them for offline use like GT5. I'm going to try and save a replay of each course for memory and proof they existed. Because I'm sure people will deny our work in the future.

Hmm, I hate to say this, yet, I do think that you can only access these custom tracks when connected to the servers....I'm going to try and save a replay....

Interesting note about these couple of points: when the servers were acting wonky last night, I could play the tracks I had saved replays for, but not the ones I hadn't. It may just be possible to keep playing them offline with replays saved, but I haven't determined that for sure.

Interesting note about these couple of points: when the servers were acting wonky last night, I could play the tracks I had saved replays for, but not the ones I hadn't. It may just be possible to keep playing them offline with replays saved, but I haven't determined that for sure.
So there already is a secondary loading source in the game? That suggests to me, They could issue a "fix" (not a new version) to be able to load the tracks from the local drive when offline, without much more direct cost than the trifle of bandwidth.

So there already is a secondary loading source in the game? That suggests to me, They could issue a "fix" (not a new version) to be able to load the tracks from the local drive when offline, without much more direct cost than the trifle of bandwidth.

Well, it does load from the local drive every time you watch a replay of a custom track, so I guess so. Technically, all that is required is a location on the drive to store these tracks (unless they want to use the replays for that).

It would only last until support for PS3 is dropped. I wonder if they can get it to where you can download a file to usb, then transport it to the PS3 to be re uploaded on GT6? I think it would require an update to change the uploader from an online server to your HDD.

Well this is truly goodbye to all, just picked up my XB1X for £350 along with a rather stunning looking Samsung ue55mu7070 for £850 aswell.

Not getting into the reason why I chose this tv over so many others.

Anyways this is just a heads up on my plans for the PS3 as it's sort of broken anyway, I will be deleting my account at some point which does mean a lot of you on my friends list will go aswell, I didn't want you guys to think I was doing this for no reason & I will send out another message on PSN closer to the time (probably around the end of GT6 online services).

If any of you jumped ship already then I'll see you on the other side (I will try to use Mr Grumpy as my user name) so hopefully a few of you will remember.

It's been amazing being part of this community & hopefully we'll drive against each other soon.

Happy gaming.
Mr Grumpy :( :)

T
Well this is truly goodbye to all, just picked up my XB1X for £350 along with a rather stunning looking Samsung ue55mu7070 for £850 aswell.

Anyways this is just a heads up on my plans for the PS3 as it's sort of broken anyway, I will be deleting my account at some point which does mean a lot of you on my friends list will go aswell, I didn't want you guys to think I was doing this for no reason & I will send out another message on PSN closer to the time (probably around the end of GT6 online services).

If any of you jumped ship already then I'll see you on the other side (I will try to use Mr Grumpy as my user name) so hopefully a few of you will remember.

It's been amazing being part of this community & hopefully we'll drive against each other soon.

Happy gaming.

Thanks for some amazing user created tracks. I had lots of fun on them.
I have moved on to GTS but once GT6 comes to an end I will also be buying the Xbox to play FM7.

Happy gaming.

How the hecky decky did you get one for £350....My Gamer tag on XBOX is David McKenna i do F1 designs on Forza. Thanks for everything :) :)

How the hecky decky did you get one for £350....My Gamer tag on XBOX is David McKenna i do F1 designs on Forza. Thanks for everything :) :)
My old plasma was dying so I went to buy a new TV, just so happens that Currys was knocking £100 off a 1X when bought with any TV. I wasn't even looking to buy 1 yet but I thought sod it, I'll have that :)

Edit:

Managed to get the same name on Xbox (sort of) :)
PS3 = Mr-6rumpy1, XB1X = Mr 6rumpy1.

Last edited:
Thanks to all here for breathing new life into what was the waning community of GT6, and a special thanks to @PR1VATEJ0KER for not only answering my question but inadvertently snowballing what was a simple help thread into a massive discussion spanning nearly three years in length; and another thanks to the many, many others who've created and improved on the various TPE mods/edits.

My only regret is that I wasn't actively involved in the creation and improvements of the various edited TPE applications -- what an opportunity I missed out on.

Cheers!
:gtpflag:👍

T minus 3 days now before everything is gone. I have to say the Course Maker will be the most missed aspect of GT6. I don't care much for online gaming, so normally I wouldn't even bat an eyelid when a game's servers goes down. But for GT6 it will also bring down all those amazing ribbons of tarmac (and dirt) that we've all spent thousands of hours on perfecting, testing and driving. I still remember staying up so late into the night trying to squeeze the tightest hairpin possible for my Akina Downhill recreation (which to my amazement is the 2nd most downloaded touge course in the database!). When you hit that upload button and finally you get that corner shaped juuust right, what a feeling!

It really is a shame. Many years from now we could all still boot up GT6, but these digital roads will lie dormant and undriven forever.

RIP GT6 CM tracks, we will never forget all the fun that we had :bowdown::cheers:

Back