Monaco

  • Thread starter Thread starter BudNC6721
  • 20 comments
  • 736 views
Messages
329
Messages
poultos
How come in some races series that end with monaco they add laps to the last race?(I realize in the F1 one its b/c thats the actual race length)
 
I noticed that too but I'm not sure why they add laps. Maybe it's because Monaco is a hard track and they want to make it a little more of a challenge, so they add laps. Whatever the reason is fine with me... Monaco is one of my favorite tracks.
 
it dont worry me none. its my fav track :)
 
Once again, PD is trying to piss someone off.

Yes, I agree. Its gotta be one of the best tracks in the game.
 
It doesnt bother me either, its just in the longer series i just want to get thru the damn thing and its a slow track
 
i am with ving. its my favorite track and i couldn't care less about the extra laps. i enjoy them.
 
this is not the only track where they add laps. I can remember at least one race at GV where they have a 15 lapper instead of 10.

EDIT: Just had a quick look and there are quite a few races with extra laps. Some at Midfield, Deep Forest, Laguna. I only looked in the Professional series.
 
In most of the series competitions they add laps as you progress.
 
Well, everyone's singing praise for Cote, and I agree with them. The only downside is that if you are after a particular car, and there's 5 or 10 laps added to your task, it can get a bit tedious, and annoying.
 
It's nothing to do with the circuit length, apart from in the F1 championship at the end, where all the races are different lengths according to the tracks.

I think that the series end with a longer race so you get something of a notion of that race being a 'grand final'.
 
What Loud said...:)

It's usually the last race of the series when they add laps to a race.
 
You know, it's funny. I just ran the Pro GTWC series, and the 15-lapper at Monaco was the next-to-last race, followed by back to 10 laps at GVII. It struck me as odd.
 
That is odd - I do remember thinking some of them were inconsistant ... but perhaps we're overanalyzing the whole thing.
 
What? Something on an internet message board get overanalyzed?
:eek:
Where?
 
its definetly not my favorite track. it seems to take almost as long as Grand Valley. and when you finally get into first place the AI starts catching up and starts ramming you into the guard rails! :mad: :banghead:
 
Well I LOVE it, burning round there in an F1 is the high point of the whole game for me.
 
Originally posted by booyah
its definetly not my favorite track. it seems to take almost as long as Grand Valley. and when you finally get into first place the AI starts catching up and starts ramming you into the guard rails! :mad: :banghead:

what r ur lap times at the two? mine are much shorter at monaco. i am trying to get under 1 min. at monaco with my f094/s...thats pretty hard.
 
Aight one more question about this track...What are some competitive lap times in the F1 cars for average driving skills like mine?
 
didnt get an f1 yet. still working my way thru pro league. fastest time was 1:28 w/ gt-one road car. cant stand the nasty turns around this track.
 
Back