More Gran Turismo 7 Details: Classic Original Circuits, AI Improvements, and GT Sport Content Confirmed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 153 comments
I'm not sure what's happening with ray tracing. The gameplay we've seen in both trailers clearly shows ray tracing, so perhaps it's just disabled for the PS4 version, which would make sense.

I'm not sure what's happening with ray tracing. The gameplay we've seen in both trailers clearly shows ray tracing, so perhaps it's just disabled for the PS4 version, which would make sense.
What part was clearly shown?

Fun fact: The first time I met Kazunori, I asked him what - given the resources to do so - original track from GT he'd build in real life.

He said Deep Forest, after actually quite a bit of thinking, and I sort of told him that Trial Mountain was better.

Good to see he's on my wavelength now :D
Trial Mountain has slightly better rhythm, but I prefer the atmosphere of Deep Forest. Deep Forest with more realistic trees and with rain or at night would be something really special.

More than anything else, it's remarkable how good the original set of GT1 tracks were, considering it was largely PD's first try. I can't think of any competitor's fictional tracks that come close, 20+ years on.

Last edited:
Still waiting official difference from PS4 slim/PS4 Pro and PS5.
I only hold my breath on that, like for real they should address it soon so people can pick choice if they need upgrade or not.

Trial Mountain has slightly better rhythm, but I prefer the atmosphere of Deep Forest. Deep Forest with more realistic trees and with rain or at night would be something really special.

More than anything else, it's remarkable how good the original set of GT1 tracks were, considering it was largely PD's first try. I can't think of any competitor's fictional tracks that come close, 20+ years on.
Their own modern fictional tracks don't come close, on the whole. It really was impressive what they knocked up.

As for the car list, we can almost certainly include the entire 338-strong list of vehicles from GT Sport in the 420+ cars in GT7. With other cars shown in different trailers, that means about another 50 cars yet to appear.
50 cars left hey, so we are going to be missing vehicles again, GT6 has another 200 unused premiums (excluding chrome or 15th anniversary models, base models or custom race variants) that would be great in GT7?

In that 50 it will also contain brand new models as well as returning ones to keep it fresh so there will probably be 175 unused cars.

Last edited:
Original tracks are good but I'd rather see more real-world circuits instead. Why have Grand Valley when you can have Watkins Glen? Why have Deep Forest when you can have Zolder? Why have Maggiore when you can have Imola? There are better, more challenging tracks in the real world with way more history than anything PD can come up with.

Last edited:
Original tracks are good but I'd rather see more real-world circuits instead. Why have Grand Valley when you can have Watkins Glen? Why have Deep Forest when you can have Zolder? Why have Maggiore when you can have Imola? There are better, more challenging tracks in the real world with way more history than anything PD can come up with.
Why add Zolder where I have never been in my life when we can have Grand Valley where I actually have a lot of history (in GT) on myself?
Why add tracks that are limited by reality when we can have tracks build with almost infinite creative freedom?

Both also not valid arguments, I just turned yours around.

There should be a good balance between fictional and real tracks in my opinion, being fictional doesn't mean they are worse, being real doesn't mean they are better or more challenging.

licensing thing? we all know GT/PD easily can caught up with big price of licensing, idk with chonky money from Sony why they can't get all thing.

I have been playing GT Sport on & off since the beta and I also am not feeling GT7 (yet) even with the addition of 100's of new Scape locations, ray tracing on replays and a few old tracks returning. We have already had great graphics on PS4 Pro, 60FPS and 100's of cars in GTS and I struggle to play it much now after nearly 4 years. I would really have liked more additions that are not in GTS, I haven't read anything yet but I would really like snow and ice back along with mountain range drives. I will keep on following the updates as it is early days. Great info and interviews and good to jump back here and see all the old names still typing away :gtpflag::cheers:

yeah thats what it seems like to me. they are 'fan servicing' GT Sport. that's it.

They're giving GT Sport a new menu structure sort of like "the Sims mixed with GT4 world" and it has elements of gt4/5/6 mixed is as they focus grouped what the fanbase wants.

I still feel like they're not adding the tracks that we want... I'm of the mindset they will slowly dribble new tracks in DLC and whatever we get as a base GT7 install will not be all that impressive as regards to track count.

Given that we're basically at 90 tracks already, I'd be more interested in the number of locations. Also at nearly 340 cars, the 420 mentioned for GT7 not really impressive as they still need to add the 'used' cars though some will already exist in Sport no doubt. Also, in typical GT-ness these estimates are likely 'end-of-life' numbers meaning it'll be 5 years before we see them in full.

yeah i'm ok with the car count. if we can assume that every car we see in the trailers is in the base game + whatever GT Sport has.

I dont think you can ask for more.

Only thing of concern is track count. Ok we got some of the PD classics back but we really need confirmation that silverstone and the ones everyone really wants are there... or are coming.

I think Silverstone is the litmus test. I dont know if its because GT has a large British fan base but it being not there seems to have been a huge sore point.

Last edited:
Interesting how Jaz mentioned HSR as better for beginners. What other tracks not shown, but in past GT games, are good beginners?
GT Arena? Driving Park? Autumn Ring? Tahiti?

Ahhh the perks of dumbing down a current game for almost 10 year old hardware. Again Cross-Gen really bottlenecks game development. I don't even have a PS5 but even I understand that principal.

I would rather have a full fledged experience than something that never reached it's full potential.
We'll get there eventually. Once GT8 comes out on PS6 in 2028, we finally get to have PS5-level performance.

Not surprising at all IMO. A 30fps game like Forza Horizon on the most powerful hardware and a great studio can't implement ray tracing in its game. I'd rather have stunning sceneries than ray tracing and empty tracks.

Only a couple new tracks over GT Sport is dissapointing. It's like Forza 7 which added 4 tracks 3 of which were remakes compared to Forza 6. It's been almost 2 years since last track update for GTS, you would think they would have more content ready. As it is GT7 sounds like a DLC for Sport and not a big one at that.

Not surprising at all IMO. A 30fps game like Forza Horizon on the most powerful hardware and a great studio can't implement ray tracing in its game. I'd rather have stunning sceneries than ray tracing and empty tracks.
I don't care about graphics as long as the game runs well. Of course, it'll look much better on the newer hardware (And have faster loading) but I'm here for the gameplay.

"Hopefully that means an end to the belligerent AI that will take a racing line regardless of whether you’re on it or not (though some humans in online races do that too), and make for more engaging offline races."

Best part in the article :lol:.

I really really hope we will see better AI in career mode. The GTS AI in GT League was basically as good as the one in GT1 - with one exception: There was no rubberbanding in endurance racing back then. When there's so few new cars to grind for (compared to GTS), the racing needs to be of better quality.

I'm also hoping we'll see updated Gr. 3 and Gr. 4 grids and not just what we have in GTS. Mid engine Corvette, GT3-R Porsche, a current Ferrari GT3 or GTLM car, a Gr. 4 field with more than one actual GT4 car etc. Some of the Gr. 3 cars in GTS have been outdated when the game was released, I don't want to continue racing with the same field. As sport mode won't see bigger grids because of cross-gen limitations, give us something else that makes it feel like an actual update. Also as someone who is racing in cockpit camera even in sport mode because I just like to see the interior of the cars, please please please add a decent fov setting (or just let me race sport mode with a PSVR 2 headset 😬)

Original tracks returning is nice, will keep my fingers crossed to see Grand Valley at some point in time after release at least, that is by far my favourite track. Don't know how often I did the 60 lap endurance race in GT1 to see what cars I can beat that Subaru Impreza Rally Edition with. 😊

Ok, that turned out to be too much of a wishlist post, but maybe some of those questions (rubberbanding in SP, fov, new Gr. 3 cars) could be addressed in future interviews...? Thanks!

...no real interest for me for GT7 at this time ☹️ . Kaz San forgets the Nostalgia , I think that 1 or 2 hystoric GT tracks will not give this sensation and High speed ring is not my ''cup of tea'' ! . Clearly I 'have still my PS2 and PS3 to play the old mythic tracks but graphics are not so nice ( GT2 on HD TV ! :ill:). And original GT tracks have no licenses , I don't understand this direction ... Curiously , except Nordschleife , real tracks and lot of GT SPORT tracks doesn't ''print my mind '' even some are interesting ... probably because they are not very nice :'' poor nature'' , less trees and details... . But when I think of Citta Di aria, Costa di Amalfi , El Capitan, Midfield , Grand valley, Deep Forest , Tahiti Maze, Apricot Hill , Rome , Seattle , Georges V Paris (probably not feasable with the quantity of details of the next gen ) , London, Grindenwald ....all this tracks give a special atmosphere but it's maybe because I'm an old player ...who plays since GT1 .... That's right that last GTs are the most beautiful car game ever ! ... but comparing to some PC game (Project cars 2, Forza motorsport ...) or old GT , the number of tracks gets small and gives me less interest ...

I love GT series since the first game released, there is only one thing that never like me, the AI performances. If GT7 will improve that, it would me the happiest player in the world of racing games.

Still waiting official difference from PS4 slim/PS4 Pro and PS5.
I only hold my breath on that, like for real they should address it soon so people can pick choice if they need upgrade or not.
Nobody ‘needs’ to upgrade to a PS5, unless you want the best version of the game. It’s obvious. Do you need PD to tell you this?

I made a quick video on the AI improvements I noticed in the trailer

So I hope this indicates improved AI as Kaz says because I noticed they’re on and off of the brakes less than Gt Sport and it actually looks like they carry more corner speed which I forgot to add in the video

Back