MotoGP 19 announced - Due June 6th

• Thread starter barryf1fan
  • 214 comments
Was able to do the Mugello round in my Moto2 career and round 2 of the MotoE championship.

Forgot to turn the difficulty up before I started the Mugello race and I ended up winning by ~10 seconds... :rolleyes: I like Mugello and kicked butt this time there. I've upgraded the KTM as much as my development points will allow and the bike is really fun to push. I have a decent setup on it too, at least for me anyway. The two FP sessions were wet, but the Quali sessions were dry, and I finally had a good result in the wet conditions. I was about 1.5"s faster than the Ai in the wet, but when I finally set the pole time it was only by 4 tenths. Also, didn't have the fastest lap of the race, and my fast lap was almost a 1/2 second slower than the fast lap. I chose a M/M tire combo while most were on a M/H or S/M... think I got it right as my tires wore evenly. The Ai seemed to struggle a bit after about 3-4 laps in and that helped me start stretching the lead. Overall it was a fun race and just am enjoying the heck out of this game.

Few shots of the FP & Quali sessions and then the race screen grabs. . .

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Of course, I lose positions at the start.

enhance

Look at the detail in that tire

enhance

enhance

Took a couple of laps to setup the passes for 2nd and the lead.

enhance

enhance

Got him!!

enhance

enhance

Sight set on the leader:

enhance

Getting along side

enhance

BOOM! Through the door!

enhance

Time to P-U-S-H !

enhance

enhance

Time to celebrate

enhance

Here's a few shots from the A1 Ring in the MotoE championship. Moved up to 2nd in the standings with a dominant win in Austria. Was about a second or so faster than the Ai, will need to bump that up as well, but I'm mainly just doing this for fun anyway.

enhance

enhance

enhance

And just like the bikes with "engines" I got a shocking start on the bike with a "motor". :lol:

enhance

This game looks sooo good, I can't believe more people don't play it - and I'm on a standard PS4.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

De Meglio knocks me wide here...

enhance

...and can not believe I didn't come off the bike. :eek: Yes, that is both wheels off the ground!!

enhance

Overall, I'm loving everything in this game and have only scratched the surface in the Historical bits that are in MotoGP 19. Looking forward to moving up to the "big" bikes too.

Thanks for checking it out!!

Jumped on today after my Saturday "chores" and ran the Cataln GP at Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya. Bumped the Ai up to 95% and that did the trick, sorta. I ended up on Pole, but it wasn't easy as I used just about every tire combo I had - bar my race buns. Ended up going with a H/M combo, but the majority were on a H/H strategy. Digi, Schrotter, Luthi and me all went with a H/M tire setup.

Was able to grab Pole, with about 4 minutes left, from Schrotter who had been fastest in all 3 FP's. I ended up getting the top spot by exactly 4 hundreths, had a 1:49.701" and Marcel had a 1:49.741". :eek: At the start, broken record, I get swarmed again as my Medium rear tire just left a black streak off the line. Balda got a "Manwich" sized start and went by everyone down the inside into turn 1. Fought with Schrotter and Luthi for about 5 of the 8 laps. Finally able to put myself into 2nd, Baldassarri was long gone. Even though I ended with the fastest lap of the race (fastest lap I had all weekend) Balda was doing LOW 1:49's and had a 1:48.9 or two himself. :irked: I was doing mid 1:49's and he just pulled away from me. By the time I got clear of the two Dynavolt riders, he was over 3 seconds up the road - and just kept extending it. Good race though and even though I pulled down the second step on the podium, I was no competition for the Pons rider, who has now moved into 2nd in the championship.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Getting close to Schrotter in 2nd, but still pulling wheelies. Arrggh!

enhance

enhance

enhance

This was a challenge: getting close to Schrotter.

enhance

enhance

enhance

Finally!!

enhance

enhance

But, here comes the dive bomb.

enhance

So, I cut it back...

enhance

Not this time, cupcake!

enhance

enhance

Team and rider are pleased with the result.

enhance

Look at that margin for Balda!!

enhance

Still, had a good time fighting in this one, and was pushing and gave myself a couple of "moments" to keep me honest. Up next is Assen. Another really cool track that I'm not that great on... may run some testing before I head to the Cathedral of Motorcycle Racing.

Thanks for looking. :cheers:

Just enjoying the heck out of this game and the racing to be had in it.

Ran the race at Assen, while leaving the Ai on 95%, and came away with a massive result. Best performance I've had at Assen in a MotoGP game in ages. Ran the FP sessions to get used to the track again and do my development test, and while doing so having to get used to a wet track. Took quite awhile to get towards the top of the time sheet in the FP's but managed either 2nd or 3rd in them. With combined times I was sitting in 3rd place so got to head straight to Q2, and had a heck'uva time with Qualifying as it was pouring rain. Took the entire session to get used to running in the fully wet track and managed a front row start by landing in 3rd for the race. I was worried about the race being a "rain" race but the track was just wet and knew I had the pace to run with the guys at the front on just a wet track versus raining conditions.

At the race start I FINALLY get a cracking start and went into Turn 1 in the lead (can't remember the last time that happened!) and never looked back. The bike felt great, as I had a really good setup, and it showed as the bike was a joy to race. There was a sector here or there where I lost a bit of time to the Ai, but by the next sector split I had pulled that time back plus some. Ended the race with 2nd place a little over 10 seconds in the rears and had a good time on that track. Decided to move the Ai up to 100% for the next race at Sacshenring for the German GP. I jumped on and did FP1 in Germany and was almost 2 full seconds behind Marquez and decided I need to do a little practice and get a good setup for the bike, as I just wasn't comfortable on the bike and it wasn't looking a confident machine underneath me. Gonna leave the difficulty at 100% and just try and push myself to get better at the game.

Looking forward to the challenge at Sachsenring but will have to be really focused to get a good result there - the team may not be too pleased with what I may produce in this round. :lol:

Last edited:
Round 9 of the Moto2 World Championship complete! Germany has been the biggest challenge of the calendar so far. Left the Ai difficulty on 100% and decided to just try and "get good, bro". :lol::lol: Well, just never got into a rhythm on this track, could muster a nice clean and flowing lap, but just never really put two or more together. And on this track, having a good rhythm, or flow, around here is imperative.

Had done a little work in Time Trial mode so I skipped FP1 and jumped straight into FP2 to knock out the development tests. FP2 was nice and dry and at the end was actually sitting in 5th and was feeling pretty good about the time, thinking I could probably go a little quicker. FP3 rolls around and of course it's pouring down with rain... :irked: I did manage a decent time for me in the rain, and was in either 8th or 9th - one of the two. Only did a little over half of FP3 as I just suck in the rain (do okay in the wet) and was getting frustrated, as I have no idea what to do to the bike to make it handle better in the rain. Somehow I was actually in 6th position for Qualifying and went into Q2 without having to participate in Q1 - that was a gift!

Q2 starts and the track is wet, not raining just wet, and I figure I can set a decent time because the track does dry out and get quicker. Well, I'm hovering around the 12th to 18th position (18th is last in Q2) and I would do another lap and jump up a few spots, then several riders would come across the line and I would tumble back down the ladder. This happened the entire session, but finally, on the last lap (started the lap with 0:58" to go) I was able to keep a lap together and was able to jump up to 7th, just off the 2nd row (which is one of my Team requirements). :odd:

The race was dry and went "ok" as I was able to run with the front group for 8 1/2 of the 10 laps, but then my tires fell away, like in one turn they were gone, and I struggled to keep my 7th place finish. Had a great battle with Luca Marini the first few laps or so, but just didn't have the pace to get "up" to anyone else. Didn't have any moments on the bike, other than the tires wearing, and had a solid race - and this is probably about where I honestly should be finishing on this bike (actually 7th would still be over-achieving). At the start of the year my team goal finishes were top 15 in the race, and top 20 in the championship. I'm gonna leave the difficulty at 100% as it is a real challenge for me, especially in this team and on this bike. The highest I had ever run any of the recent (Milestone) MotoGP games is last year's MotoGP 18 and I was able to pop it up to 90% for awhile before Milestone tweaked the Ai. I mainly ran '18 on 80-85%.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Thanks for checking these out - and if anyone wants to run sometime shoot me a friend request! 👍

I have been practicing riding from the cockpit view, not the first option but the second option before the helmet cam. It's starting to click but it takes a few practice laps before you get comfortable.

I can really see the apex a lot better as well as my turn in point and brake markers. It feels like a different game riding in cockpit view. I had to really lower the A.I to be competitive but as I get more comfortable I have plenty of A.I ability left at my disposal.

That's cool you are trying that. I had done that in MotoGP 18, but I only would run it doing some Time Trials. It does feel like a brand new game though, I know what you're saying, and makes it a completely different challenge. 👍👍

That's cool you are trying that. I had done that in MotoGP 18, but I only would run it doing some Time Trials. It does feel like a brand new game though, I know what you're saying, and makes it a completely different challenge. 👍👍

I didn't say a brand new game I said different.

So, round 10 at "The Adrenaline Factory" was a bit uneventful... I even checked to make sure the Ai difficulty didn't reset back to 95% or something. Skipped FP1 (may do that from now on) and just did FP 2 & 3, topped the times in both sessions and grabbed Pole to boot. Just pipped Balda by less than a tenth, but I had made some changes to the setup that really suited my riding style. All the sessions had been clear and sunny, so was looking at maybe a M/M or M/H, but I had set my Pole time on a S/M and the bike just felt good - so when the race screen came up and it was just a tad cooler and overcast, I didn't hesitate to put the S/M combo on. Every other rider went either M/H (majority) or a M/M (most the guys towards the mid/back of the field. Since not one other rider went with the S/M strategy I thought that I had made a mistake.

Start of the race I lost just a couple, maybe three, positions but got in behind Balda after turn 2. We had a good scrap for the rest of lap one, but I got him going into turn 3 on lap 2 and just walked away from the field. The bike was so stable and easy to ride that it was almost weird. Anyway, after the struggle in Germany I sure didn't plan to come to the Czech Republic and have a very convincing win.

FP 2 & 3 Combined Times

enhance

Quali 2 Times

enhance

Race Results

enhance

Schrotter there in 2nd loses his mind here in just a sec. . .

enhance

He shoots across the track and tries to barge me off with him.

enhance

What the heck you doin' Marcel !?!?

enhance

Looking back from my bike

enhance

:lol: Look at this carnage he caused !!

enhance

enhance

Had a good early battle with Baldassarri

enhance

enhance

And past !

enhance

See'ya Lorenzo

enhance

enhance

Time to party!

enhance

enhance

Here's my race options and riding aids, just to show them.

enhance

enhance

Thanks for looking. A1ring, or Red Bull Ring, is up next - a track I really like so hopefully another win is in the cards there.

Man!! If you haven't seen the last two MotoGP races, and like racing of any kind, then you've missed out.

Here's the last two races:
(courtesy of Dorna Motorsports)
upload_2019-8-26_9-21-36.png

upload_2019-8-26_9-22-34.png

21 hundredths and 13 thousandths, Freaking W-O-W ! ! !
Really good races, and the Indycar race in St. Louis was really good too!

Last edited:
Got back to MotoGP 19 last night and ran a couple of races in my career, Aragon and Buriram. Man, I love this game, and although it's not anywhere near perfect - it just has good Ai and good racing in it.

Both of these tracks really tested me, and I really had to work on the bike setup, especially for Aragon, as the bike just did not feel good at either track. By the time I got to the Q2 session I was able to get on pole but only by a little over 0.040". At the race start I rolled the dice and went with a M/M combo as the rest of the field was on a Hard tire either on the rear, some of the front, and a few had H/H strategies going. Not gonna lie either, I restarted the race as I had a MASSIVE high side going into the tight left (turn 12 I think) on lap 2. What's funny is that I hadn't crashed there yet all weekend - crashed a multitude of times other places, but not there. So, like a boss - I restarted!! :lol: It would've surely been a retirement, the bike flipped 3-6 times before the re-set. :rolleyes: So the 2nd start I only lost a couple spots and was able, with my softer rear tire, to pull a bit of a gap in the first two laps. Went on and won by ~2"s. Had to work for it though as it was a struggle to even stay in the top 10 through the FP sessions.

Buriram was a mixed bag, and had resigned myself to just finish as high as I could to salvage points, kind of a damage limitation race. FP1 was raining cats & dogs and no matter what I did to the bike it was the same... just slippin'n'slidin all over the place. Barely managed to do a handful of laps without exiting the track on my backside - or completely in the air. FP2 was dry and cloud covered, and thought, "yes", now I can get on it. Uh huh, managed (I think) 21st or 23rd, one of the two. :banghead: Yeah, not feeling great and was thinking, "maybe I'll just skip this race." :sly: But, like a true MotoGP masochist I soldier on thinking I can right this ship. So here we go FP3 - and wah, wah, wah, it's a wet track - not raining, but wet. Funny enough though, my setup that I was fighting in the rain (and forgot to change in FP2) suddenly was feeling great around here. Managed to jump up to 5th and was thinking the whole time that I could go quicker as I was not putting any "clean" laps down. So, I get through Q1 to Q2 and it's dry and cloudy once again, somehow managed to stick it on the front row - don't know how and just thankful the softs worked for a change. At the race start it's now sunny as all get out and HOT. 💡 So, I go with my Aragon setup I just ran and throw on the M/M that I just ran. Had a cracker of a start and was battling Marquez and Marini at the start. I get through the hairpin at Turn 2 and just held about a 1-2 second lead the entire race. Tires were great and wore evenly. Had a moment where Balda got into the 2nd spot and dive bombed me into whichever corner and knocked me off track. I end up with a little over 0.2 penalty but won the race by ~2"s again. Whew!! Worked for both those wins. I had also moved the bike aids to REALISTIC, a couple races ago, so traction control was no longer an option (since the Moto2's don't have TC) but sure could have used TC at a couple of points during those two weekends.

Anyway, if you read all that, sorry for killing a couple of minutes you'll never get back!! :lol::lol: And if you see me on track let me know and we can race sometime. :cheers:

Got the game now barry, looks very good, very pleased with it, just been doing some time trails, to get feel. Didn't expect all those bikes to be included.:D

Yeah, it's a good game - again, not perfect but a lot of fun and plenty to do if you like MotoGP and bike racing. I like all the ways you can adjust difficulty too, very adjustable game. Any skill level can play, and enjoy, this game.

I have had some life stuff going on the last couple of months and it has gotten busy the last month so haven't had much time to play of late. Things are settling down though and hope to get back to my career in the next few days. When I wrapped up Moto2 the only MotoGP offer I got was Aprilia. :ill: Ughh! I did the MotoGP test on the RS-GP and the bike was terrible. Not looking forward to the first few rounds of my first season in MotoGP. :lol:

Yeah, it's a good game - again, not perfect but a lot of fun and plenty to do if you like MotoGP and bike racing. I like all the ways you can adjust difficulty too, very adjustable game. Any skill level can play, and enjoy, this game.
Have only play 15 on PS4, theirs loads of improvement, all the animation, in pits and grid. Done some quick races, on pro settings, all bikes sound different. Still finding my way, not push to hard, one worst handling bikes, MotoGp KTM, a lot under steer. Least now have the current calendar.:D

Haven't had much time to play but got back into the career a few day ago. Had a family thing come up and just didn't play much the last few weeks, but now that the situation is pretty much passed have jumped back in.

After winning Moto2 the only offer I got in MotoGP was the Aprilia factory team, so off to Sepang I went to test. Realized during the testing that the RS-GP is one slow moto. :lol:

enhance

After the Sepang test I ran the first race at Qatar as wasn't even remotely on pace with the Ai. Ended up dropping the difficulty from 100% to 95%. Qualified in 12th and felt good with an 11th place race finish. Dropped the Ai to 85% at Argentina and was almost 1.5 seconds faster in two of the three FP sessions. So, went back up to 90% and am not the fastest but at least I'm not struggling to not be last!! The race in Argentina I ended up 2nd but that was after a great battle and forcing my way by on the last lap - ran in 4th/5th for most the race after qualifying in 8th.

On to CoTA in Austin, I was feeling a bit better on the Aprilia even though it was slow as Christmas and wheelies out of every turn.

enhance

Was able to upgrade the Anti-Wheelie once and it helped, but still annoyingly pulled a wheelie coming out of almost every turn. Qualified in 9th and somehow took care of my tires and was able to put a couple of passes together to jump up to 2nd starting the last lap. Fought off Marquez and Cal to come on the 2nd step of the podium. Having not played this game in a couple to three weeks was out of practice, but was reminded how amazing this game is if you're a MotoGP fan!! Anyway, heres some screen grabs from the CoTA round.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Almost lost my BLANK here, smacked into the back of Miller!!

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Thanks for looking, and it's good to be back in the saddle.

Last edited:
Start my career with Red Bull Rockies, first race Jerez, Al on 50, got beat by long way. Next race Mugello, got Al 40, still at back, not much difference in time, now. Probably turn down bit more, how much of weekend are you doing Barry.

Been doing some, comparison of tracks, flowers, in the grass, Michelin signs, other sponsors a lot brighter. Trees back round really good as well.:)

Start my career with Red Bull Rockies, first race Jerez, Al on 50, got beat by long way. Next race Mugello, got Al 40, still at back, not much difference in time, now. Probably turn down bit more, how much of weekend are you doing Barry.

Been doing some, comparison of tracks, flowers, in the grass, Michelin signs, other sponsors a lot brighter. Trees back round really good as well.:)

Hey John!! Glad you're in! :cheers:
I know your not asking, but if you are struggling with the game, instead of turning the Ai down and down... run the physics on normal and not pro, at least til you get used to the game. I also know that you play PCars 2 and the braking points for bikes is way, waaaay, different than in a car. So you really won't be able to use your braking markers that you're used to in say a GT3 car vs. a Moto3 machine. I only just started using the Pro physics on MotoGP 18, and I got V-E-R-Y frustrated with that game, but I told myself I was only going to use the pro option. What it forced me to do was learn the tracks better than I ever have before. Missing a braking point by a smidgen is now magnified in the Pro option over the normal setting.

The biggest change to the game, meaning the thing you can change to make it harder is moving from Normal to Pro. With that said, the other thing to do, even though everyone says not to, is to run the track "ideal" line on - at least in practice so you can learn the track and the braking points. I don't like running it only because I know all the tracks now - but I ran it in 2018 as Chang Int'l Circuit in Buriram was a completely new track for me, so I ran a lot of laps with it on before I was comfortable racing that track without it.

Now that I'm into the MotoGP class I'm back to doing the entire weekend: FP1, 2, & 3, and then whichever Quali sessions I have to do, and of course the race (still on 35% distance). I also always do the entire development tests, even though in the Premiere class it's been a lot more of a challenge to get full Dev points (and I haven't gotten full Dev points on the first 3 tracks) than it was in Moto3 or Moto2. I will generally work on setup, maybe load one I like from another track, and then pump in some laps to see what kind of times I can produce. If I can get a time I'm happy with I will skip that session and run the next one, doing the same thing and seeing if the weather is different (I have the weather on random, well, it's on that on Pro physics) so I can get a setup for a different weather condition. I will say, I generally spend about 1.5 to 2 hours per race round. For example, last night at CoTA, I ran the entire 40minute FP1, getting the bike setup and (trying to) complete the development tests. Then jumped into FP2 to run my setup with different tire compound combos and getting a feel for tire wear (this is pretty important with tire wear on), ran all but about 5 minutes of FP2. In FP3 I was happy with the bike (well, sorta :sly: ) and just laid down some quick laps just trying to make sure I went straight into Q2, so only ran about 10 minutes of FP3. Ran Q2 and the race, so all together I spent about 2 hours, or so, to run a 7 lap race that I (luckily) got 2nd. And in all honesty, all the "work" I did in FP2 is what got me the silver trophy. I was able to set my bike up and run a M front and S rear, whereas no other rider was able to run a S rear. I was noticing that with the H rear my front was wearing out really fast, and with a M/M combo the rear just would last, but the M/S combo wore the tires evenly. Dovi was the most consistent and he was on a M/M and even though he didn't have the fastest lap, he was just fast and smooth, all the riders that had the M/H combo struggled and had "moments" at some point in the race.

Whew!! Long winded, huh?? :D Anyway, hope you stick with it, John, it's a great game and has a lot of good racing - you just need to find that level that makes it fun. Also, I think that Moto3 and Moto2 are the best... RBR Cup and MotoGP have been the most challenge, to me anyway, so hang in there dude! 👍

I know your not asking, but if you are struggling with the game, instead of turning the Ai down and down... run the physics on normal and not pro, at least til you get used to the game. I also know that you play PCars 2 and the braking points for bikes is way, waaaay, different than in a car. So you really won't be able to use your braking markers that you're used to in say a GT3 car vs. a Moto3 machine. I only just started using the Pro physics on MotoGP 18, and I got V-E-R-Y frustrated with that game, but I told myself I was only going to use the pro option. What it forced me to do was learn the tracks better than I ever have before. Missing a braking point by a smidgen is now magnified in the Pro option over the normal setting.

Thanks Barry, will try running normal, know most of tracks, other than newest, might turn line on again. Settings adjust suspension, but not very good settings really, rookies use M tyres. Use Pro in Ride, MotoGP15 was a fun game, but showing its age, I think now.

Have a try later see if can feel difference.

Headed to Jerez for the Spanish GP, the 4th round of the MotoGP World championship. Once again, ran all three FP sessions and really had to work on the bike as the back end was crazy loose coming out of turns, and on top of that the bike just didn't brake like it had at the previous 3 rounds. It was almost like the bike got a brake "down" grade!! After FP1 I was hovering around 15th but was really just getting the bike setup to a point where I could push. I spent a lot of time on the ground or in the air in FP1, was needing to rectify that. After FP2 and FP3, and a lot of laps and setup work, I was sitting in 1st just a tenth ahead of 2nd place. Somehow, I got straight in to Q2 and ended up on Pole with a 1:40.037 - just 0.062 ahead of Alex Rins and 0.063 ahead of Desmo Dovi to round out the front row. They battled tooth and nail for the first 3 1/2 laps, which allowed me to open a lead on the rest of the field. Ended up winning by just over a second, and moved up to 2nd in the standings, but still 26 points behind leader Dovizioso. Overall though, felt good to get a win on such a mule of a bike. (and I have left the Ai strength on 90% just so I can be competitive.)

enhance

Shot from Dovi - thankfully they did this a lot on the opening laps!! :lol:

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Finally! ! ! A win in the premiere class!

enhance

enhance

Remember, the Japanese GP @ Motegi this weekend!! :cheers:

Last edited:
Some Red Bull Rockies, are their any tips to starts Barry? Best time in race was about 2.14, so improving a little bit.

Man, I don't have any tips on the starts. They're tough, as I always seem to get swallowed up on the start. Luckily it seems that the Ai always brake a bit early into turn 1, on lap 1, and you can make up positions if you're careful. I've gotten a few good starts and that is usually down to two things: 1. I'm running a soft rear tire (and the Ai aren't), 2. I get the timing right on the lights going out. #2 is pretty rare though. I generally can run a softer tire than the Ai riders. If most seem to be on a S/M combo I can for sure run a M/S... I normally run a Soft rear as long as the temp is below 38-40C, if it's much higher, I'll run a H/M. On this Aprilia I just CAN NOT get a H rear to work, no matter what I do to the bike setup.

Glad you're having fun with it!!

Man, I don't have any tips on the starts. They're tough, as I always seem to get swallowed up on the start. Luckily it seems that the Ai always brake a bit early into turn 1, on lap 1, and you can make up positions if you're careful.
Al have left me, on the grid, in career, so tried some, practice races at Assen, so got a bit better, from the back. So was able to overtake, quite a few riders, little different to Ride, start, try 1st gear, had Al at 40 to.👍

Hi guys. I haven't posted in a while. Hope you're all doing good.
I just been going back to racing lately and trying demos of nascar heat 3 and f1 2018. I was surprised how i'm liking them, even with a controller too.
I like the career style in f1 2018 with the testing and the team engineer talking to you even in testing on the track making comments and such.
I read wrc8 seems to be have a similar career. I'm wondering in motogp 19's career, is there a guy on your team talking like in f1 2018 going thru the testing, challenges and while on track with you? And any commentary on what happens on the track?
Hello again @barryf1fan and @John Wells ,you guys would have 1st hand knowledge.
Its on sale here in North America on psn.

Hi guys. I haven't posted in a while. Hope you're all doing good.
I just been going back to racing lately and trying demos of nascar heat 3 and f1 2018. I was surprised how i'm liking them, even with a controller too.
I like the career style in f1 2018 with the testing and the team engineer talking to you even in testing on the track making comments and such.
I read wrc8 seems to be have a similar career. I'm wondering in motogp 19's career, is there a guy on your team talking like in f1 2018 going thru the testing, challenges and while on track with you? And any commentary on what happens on the track?
Hello again @barryf1fan and @John Wells ,you guys would have 1st hand knowledge.
Its on sale here in North America on psn.

Nah, the career style is very similar to MotoGP 18, although they did add managing your tires for the weekend. It's not on the level of F1 2018 or 2019, or WRC 8 either. MotoGP 19, like 18, you do your development tests, upgrade your bike when you have enough points, etc...

Nah, the career style is very similar to MotoGP 18, although they did add managing your tires for the weekend. It's not on the level of F1 2018 or 2019, or WRC 8 either. MotoGP 19, like 18, you do your development tests, upgrade your bike when you have enough points, etc...
Thanks sir, did they fix and improve many things since launch? Are the old bikes dlc worth it or is there already lots of older bikes in the main game?

I have been practicing riding from the cockpit view, not the first option but the second option before the helmet cam. It's starting to click but it takes a few practice laps before you get comfortable.

I can really see the apex a lot better as well as my turn in point and brake markers. It feels like a different game riding in cockpit view. I had to really lower the A.I to be competitive but as I get more comfortable I have plenty of A.I ability left at my disposal.

If you haven't, you could try ride3 in the 2nd 'cockpit' view,the helmet view. It's such a more immersive real feeling game like that and the sound is so much better especially the sport bikes like the yamaha yzf 600 etc. Also i use the tuck in especially for turning it is more responsive with less understeer.
For me in 3rd person view ride3 is a middling game in comparison. I dont have motogp19 yet but i'm suspecting it's the same. Mxgp 19 is the same a little although that game is still fun in 3rd person.

Edit: just tried again motogp 16 i think it is, the rossi game in any case.. The big bikes sure are a handfull especially in helmet view, need carefull with the throttle to not destabilize it whew. But its a thrill, just the sound is a little meager really.
Cant wait to try motogp19 with much meatier sounds. I was wondering, i noticed the electronic cutoff for anti-wheelie, i find it a little annoying, cutting the power each your front wheel barely starts to go up.
Can you adjust this in motogp19? Even turn it off? Cause i don't see any option in this game for that.
Maybe @John Wells you know if it's an option in motogp19?

Last edited:
Can you adjust this in motogp19? Even turn it off? Cause i don't see any option in this game for that.

Jtheripper much improved over MotoGP15, that game is looking quite old now. Sounds, tracks, bikes, pit animation and colours. Still starting really, but they have really put a lot of work in to this. Least now have got present calendar.:D

Back