MotoGP 19 announced - Due June 6th

• Thread starter barryf1fan
  • 214 comments
Ran Aragon last night, and Milestone "must have" tweaked the Ai again. I'm notoriously (in my mind anyway) bad at Aragon, but last night I had turned the Ai back up to 75% and won the race by almost 10 seconds . . . :odd: Figured that would happen as I was about 1.2-1.4 seconds a lap faster than them in FP's. Thought that they would up their pace for Quali and the race, but I was on Pole by 1.6". Guess I'll start ramping the difficulty up again, as I generally have "bad" races at Aragon, Sachsenring, and Valencia. Those three tracks I almost always struggle on.

Also noticed last night in the race, almost all the Ai were on H/M, with a few on M/M, tire combo but I was able to pull off a M/H combo. Of course they got me at the line and dropped back to 5th-6th but by the middle of the 2nd lap I was able to put a nice clean pass on all of them and get out front. Antonelli was the only one that could really challenge, but he wasn't able to get into the turns like I could on the Medium front... and Dalla Porta was out of his mind, he dived bombed Anotonelli and me 2 or 3 times before he finally went way wide and off track!! :lol:

36hsyg.jpg

Finally decided to get into this a couple of days ago. It's predominately been time trials round various circuits to get used to the physics and finding the "groove", as well as messing around with the graphics editor.

It's proving to be quite fun. The last time I played a bike racing game was the first Ride, but this is on another level by comparison. MotoGP 19 seems to have that extra layer of feel that Milestone's first attempt at a 2-wheeled Gran Turismo just didn't seem to have. You obviously feel the difference when doing laps with the aids on and off, but also running the different tyre compounds and pushing them above and beyond their comfort zone throws up some interesting variables. And the rider if unprepared. :rolleyes:

The graphics editor has some real potential, and from what I've seen thus far from the shared content, the level of creativity and detailing is brilliant.

I think the audio was also worked on as well as the red bull rookies sound more throaty off throttle, I stayed at 75 diff on jerez in the rain on the rbr class and I really struggled to stay with the pack.

Whats everyones best, track in the game, Philip Island, Assen, Brno. Worst Valencia, Dallas, Aragon. Still waiting price to come down.

Whats everyones best, track in the game, Philip Island, Assen, Brno. Worst Valencia, Dallas, Aragon. Still waiting price to come down.

Dallas ?? :D I think you may mean Austin, Where CoTA is (Circuit of the Americas).

My fav's are Catalunya, Phillip Island, Mugello, and Red Bull Ring (originally: Österreichring).
Nemesis tracks are Sachsenring, Motegi, Aragon, and prob Valencia - although, in MotoGp 19, I have been better at them than I was in MotoGP 18.

btw, honorable mention fav track is Misano - fun track.

Was able to start the Moto2 career, and man, do I like those bikes!! Went ahead and bumped the Ai difficulty to 85% as I ran the last 3 races in Moto3 on 80% and won 2 and got a 2nd place in one. After my Moto3 career I was only offered 1 Moto2 ride, with Kiefer Racing which use a KTM chassis. They are the lowest tiered team (with only one lower, but the same on performance: 70%) and I am the second rider of a "previous" 1 man team.

Was really struggling with this bike (as expected) as it is much faster than my Moto3 ride, and handled way worse. Going through the FP sessions and doing the bike development, working on the setup in between the whole time, was able to put in some decent laps. I ended FP1 12th, FP2 in 2nd, and FP3 I actually had the fastest time. Went straight through to Q2, and with that I was able to do my best lap of any so far and got Pole by about 2 tenths, and was really getting used to the bike. Started the race on Medium front and Soft rear, and was pretty worried about it - but I just kept kept wearing out the "softer" front, and it didn't matter which compounds. I tried S/S, S/M, S/H (<--- this combo really backfired) and M/H. Finally in the last attempt at getting pole, with about 3 minutes left, I decided to try and M/S combo and it worked excellent. However, I was worried about tire life intregity for the race. Went with it and had a good race.

At the start, my tire just lit up and spun (I'm running all the aids off, trying it anyway as I didn't run any in RBR Cup or Moto3 since they don't have them anyway) and I got jumped by about 10 riders. Ended up have some great battles and had worked my way up to 4th, but really just didn't have that kind of pace on this bike (for now) and ended up going backwards to the 6-10th pack. Swapped 8th-9th-10th I think 30 times before I was able to get into 8th with about a lap and a half to go - brought home an 8th place on my Moto2 debut. Wasn't too pleased, after being on Pole, but my team were all high-fiving in the pits and were pretty excited - guess I really am on a poor bike. :lol::lol:

[Side note: Kudos to Milestone (who still have work to do on this series) for making this game. I really had to re-learn how to ride this Moto2 bike after just doing a season on the Moto3's. The bikes all have a distinct, not saying correct, feel and you can't ride the "next" bike the same way... 👍👍 ]

Got a Simpson's themed helmet for the start of my Moto2 career.

enhance

enhance

enhance

I think this is Locatelli trying to sneak through on the curbs . . . he did. :rolleyes:

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Looking back at me - - - unfortunately, losing ground. :lol:

enhance

enhance

enhance

Thanks for looking!!

Really thinking about starting a MotoE championship. . . ?

Another 2gb patch, I wish there were patch notes, I looked on milestones site but it's still highlights the performance patch from July 1st.

In regards to the moto e class I was pleasantly surprised how great they sounded and performed and I'm glad they were included in the game.

Was able to run the Argentinian round of Moto2 last night after our PCars 2 league races...

Man!! I am really, REALLY, enjoying these Moto2 machines. Started out the FP sessions just doing the usual "finding the bike balance setup" and knocking out the development tests. The bike was not liking the soft compounds, on either end, and so started testing to find what I was gonna run in the race. Tried my "secret sauce" setup of a M front and S rear, but that was no bueno!! Finally settled on the M front and H rear and the bike was really good on that combo. It took all three sessions and Q2 to get Pole, but I finally managed to grab it by a little over a second (which, I know is huge in this class - will need to up the Ai from 85% to 90% next race). In the race though, it took about 3 1/2 of the 8 laps to get the lead, as I once again got swarmed at the start. Baldo was trying to pull the pin at the front, but I was able to get into second and run him down. Ended the race about 2.1"s ahead, and had the FL - I think it was a 1:45.3 something... will def need to up the Ai though as I had two big moments (not crashes though) that the Ai caught right back up to me, and had I not done that I would've been long gone. Anyway, I'll take the 1st as I may not get anymore this season, think I may bump it to 100% and just leave it, as I'm on the lowest tiered bike in the game.

I have all the assists still off, except EB, I run that at 1. I really need to get some development points to spend on anti-wheelie. I did the first engine upgrade and now the thing wheelies like a bitch!! :lol:

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Got the lead ! ! !

enhance

But it didn't last too long!!

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Johnny - on - the - spot :lol::lol: :D

enhance

Baldo comes down on me trying to protect the lead. . . I wasn't having it!

enhance

enhance

Finally!! A "W"!!

enhance

enhance

Thanks for looking and reading my silly posts!!

(If you all aren't really interested in all this, let me know and I'll stop posting this nonsense. :) )

Has anyone asked the question as to why there's not a forum for moto gp on here, even the crew 2 has one and all the other racing games I mean surely it warrants a forum.

I thought about messaging @SlipZtrEm and asking for one, but meh, not sure they would go for it. Maybe even just a "Two-Wheel Game" forum. To include the dirt bike games as well, but since there is a Tourist Trophy forum . . . I don't know, doubt it would happen.

Would be nice to have a separate forum for the Ride games, MotoGP, and Mx/Sx games though. :confused:

I just finally got around to playing after the new update and the Moto2 bikes feel the best that they have ever felt. The A.I has more awareness now it seems and I didn't notice as many dive bombs during the race.

It's definitely much easier to hold your lines now and I can brake just a bit deeper than before, not significantly more but just a little bit more that makes a difference.

Whatever changes were made have made this great game even better and I hope they leave things as is.

The bikes look really sharp now, if anyone's on Facebook, some player pages on their. Not exactly a forum, but find other, players think.

I remember having a lot of fun with the MotoGP2 and 3 many years ago now. Been considering if I should buy this one. One question though, can the FOV be adjusted in any of the different views?

I remember having a lot of fun with the MotoGP2 and 3 many years ago now. Been considering if I should buy this one. One question though, can the FOV be adjusted in any of the different views?

I'm on PS4, and no, there isn't a FOV adjustment - I'm not sure about PC though.

I really don't like to tell people what to buy even if I like what your inquiring about. If you can, rent it and play for a couple days before making your decision.
Personally, I love the game and MotoGP in general, but that's just me.

On another note, they now have pit boards for all classes now and an option for ECU status of real or assisted in the ride options.

If you're on Steam, I'm pretty sure you can download it and play for like 120 minutes or something, and then request a refund before the time is up... so if you are on PC you can get a bit of a demo.

Turned the Ai up to 90% (since I switched to REAL settings from the update) and glad I only went to 90% as it was a tough race. Ran the entire FP2 & FP3 just to get used to the bike. With REAL settings, there is no option for TCS, and even though I was running TCS at 0, with the REAL settings it was like getting used to the bike all over again.

"My" first fast lap was a 2:25.9xx and the Ai were dropping 2:18's on me, and I thought, "uh oh". :nervous: Worked on bike setup and just putting in laps, the whole time trying different tire combos, and was able to get my laps into the 2:19's-2:20's after FP2... Was still a bit concerned, but after a ton more laps, finally dropped a 2:17.6xx to have the FL for FP3. Whew!! :scared: Got into to Q2 and ended up on Pole by 3 tenths, laid down a 2:16.4 :eek:
but was on S/S and the Ai were on M/H tires. Plus, with the top eight all within 8 tenths behind me I knew that I didn't have that kind of "race pace".
At the start, the battle started and just tried to get into a groove and a spot where I could fight for a podium (podium being 3rd!). Before I knew it I was fighting in the 6-10th pack. Had a great battle with Digi and Marini, with a small dose of Balda thrown in the mix as well (Vierge ran into me into the hairpin - that didn't help), and ended the race in 6th... now sitting 3rd in the championship, I think I will be lucky to stay in the top 5 by the end of the season. Still, these bikes are a downright hoot to run!!

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

I went to CoTA in 2015 for the Lone Star LeMans race, and you can see downtown from the track - it's not quite this close, but still cool shot.

enhance

enhance

Thanks Xavi, you wanker!!

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Dang that Digi, get off my butt, man!!

enhance

enhance

enhance

The team was pleased with my double 3rd place (they are wanting me in the top 15th, so 6th is over-achieving)

enhance

Up next is Jerez!!

Alright, ran Jerez last night, and while I didn't take any screen shots from the replay (it was a bit late) - it was an interesting race.

Like I mentioned in the previous post, had managed to bump the Ai up to 90% while at the same time switching over to the REAL settings for aids. Well, at CoTA, where I'm generally pretty decent around (not great, but decent) I got the Pole time, but only just and also because I had went out and destroyed a set of SOFTS to do it. Knew in that race it was going to be a good result to finish top 5 (even though my team goal is 15th), and was pretty satisfied with 6th. And was only about 8 tenths off of the FL set by the Ai (I had gone better but was consistent... consistently missing the apexes :P ).

So, with all that in mind, I leave the Ai @90% with the REAL settings (kinda like it) on as I think I'm going to run it with this from now on [and to think, I just started using the Pro physics last year with MotoGP 18... :rolleyes: I tried running Normal physics on '19 the other day an it was just weird, but I digress]

Where was I...? Oh yeah, so I decided to skip FP1 at Jerez, as this is generally one of my best tracks, not really a FAV, per se, but I tend to be strong on this track and I by no means dislike it. It's just a really good bike track (remember F1 running there, I think back in '97 or so... and it is a much better bike track than car track), as most the corners have a nice flow and "radius" to them that suits the bikes, to me anyway. So, jumping into FP2, and of course it's wet, not raining but wet track conditions. Ended up using the entire session to get to the top of the time sheet... however, it was odd, I was almost 2 full seconds faster than the Ai. :odd: Well, that will sometimes happen, that the Ai will go out and set a time they think is satisfactory and then not go back out, especially riders in the top 15 or 20. When you're out there making laps during FP2 (and also FP1), you'll be out there riding around with 28th, 31st, 23rd, etc., etc. So I figured that was what was happening. So I moved on to FP3, which is dry and sunny, and set a time almost 2.5 secs faster than 2nd place, and now I'm thinking what is up with this game. I go on and do my development tests and then fast forward to the end of the session, but thank goodness, by now the pack has caught back up as 2nd is only about 4 tenths behind (which is still a bit much, but better).

Well, with my "fast" times I head straight to Q2, and decided I would go out on the M/H rear combo that I was going to run in the race to set my Quali lap. I go out and put down a lap that is almost 2 secs faster than 2nd again, what the heck is it with this game?? At CoTA I was barely fast enough to be on Pole and here I could've practically crashed and still had Pole. Just strange! :rolleyes: The end of Q2 saw the Ai close the gap to only about 1.2"s, though, with all them packed up tight - except me way out front. The race was completely uneventful, as Balda and Navarro got really good drives off the line, and I had to tip-toe through the traffic "trying" to come through the first couple of corners. Seeing myself through that, I was sitting 3rd by turn 3, and with the speed I (apparently) had over the top 2 I was in P1 by turn 5 going down the back straight. Never looked back, and more importantly, never put a wheel wrong in this one. Ended up running away with it by just over 12 seconds. I really love this game, but the difficulty sometimes really boggles my mind. :boggled: Here, I smacked the competition, but at CoTA I could'nt keep pace with the top 5 to save my life, they were like 8-9 seconds ahead at the end of the race. Still, good racing in this game!!

Sorry for the extremely long post w/out the pics - I'll be sure and grab some for the next GP in LeMans at the Bugatti Circuit !! :cheers:

Was wondering . . .

Are any of you guys, or gals, interested in doing a MotoGP league?? Say once every two weeks or once a month (would prefer once a week)??

Could run it with open physics, so you can choose either Normal or Pro, etc... Maybe do 25% race distances with a qualifying run as well.
Post up and let me know what you think. Thanks!!

Was wondering . . .

Are any of you guys, or gals, interested in doing a MotoGP league?? Say once every two weeks or once a month (would prefer once a week)??

Could run it with open physics, so you can choose either Normal or Pro, etc... Maybe do 25% race distances with a qualifying run as well.
Post up and let me know what you think. Thanks!!
I would love to Barry, but working for an electric utility company doesn't give me a schedule set in stone. I haven't played much of anything.

Bugatti was a challenge, to say the least... Gonna post the pic of the finish screen. Man, by 7 & 1/2 hundredths!! :eek:

enhance

I do think I may bump it up to 100% though, I shouldn't be winning races, and beating the likes of Alex Marquez, Luthi, Schrotter, Navarro, Balda, and the like... I should be lucky to finish in the top ten on this bike.

I did enjoy this race though, as I really had to work to get my lap times down. I was in the 1:45-1:44's and just had to work on racing line to get in a groove to drop the times down. Ended FP2 with a 1:43.4 and was pretty satisfied. Wasn't until FP3 that I finally got in a rhythm to get to a competitive time. Once I worked out a couple of corners was able to work on race pace, and ended FP3 in P1, and then went out and got Pole by 1/2 a second - was pleased with the progress made. 👍

enhance

The race, of course, saw me drop spots because of my Vinales worthy start. Dropped from 1st to 7th in the blink of an eye and took a couple laps to get the lead from Baldassarri. Had a satisfying battle with Navarro and then Balda to get into P1. Made a couple of mistakes along the way and ended the race just a whisker ahead of Fernandez, who had a great race. My lead never got to 1.5"s and it was fairly close the entire way. I definitely had my good sectors and my bad sectors. Lots-o-fun though as I usually don't do too well at Bugatti, I like the track it just doesn't like me back. :lol:

Few shots of FP & Quali sessions, then the race replay screen grabs.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Fernandez lurking . . .

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Thanks for looking, Mugello up next... another track I really like but don't tend to do well.

Okay, so started a MotoE championship (stupidly didn't get any shots though :embarrassed: ) as there are only 6 rounds to the season, Sachsenring, Austria, Misano x2, and Valencia x2. I went ahead and dropped the Ai to 85% as I wasn't sure what to expect on these bikes... I had only run them a couple of times, and that was TT mode.

Went ahead and did all the practice sessions (I believe it's only FP1 & FP2) plus E-Pole. So the first and second practice sessions were good, and after both sessions had managed to work my way to the top of the time sheets. Was in P1 by only a couple of tenths in both FP's - then came E-Pole. Problem here is, the one-shot qualifying was raining, not just wet but really raining. I was really struggling with staying on the bike in the monsoon conditions!! :lol: And not gonna lie, I restarted a couple of times as I was not even putting in a lap without coming off the bike a couple of times. Well, finally get a time where I at least stay on the bike for the entire lap, but it saw me only get on the very back of the grid. Was almost two full seconds off of the Pole time.

At the race start I made up several positions, oddly enough, but was hauling the proverbial mail by turn 1 and just low-sided and slid smooth off the track!! :lol::lol::lol: At this point I got a little frustrated as it is still pouring rain, so I restarted the race. :rolleyes: This time was way more patient on the first lap and was able to pick off several riders over the next few laps. Ended the race in 8th and had a really good race (2 :sly:) but just didn't have the handling in the rain. Overall, the bikes are fun and odd at the same time, but more so fun. These bikes essentially weigh a more than a MotoGP bike and have a little more top speed than a Moto3 bike, however, the riders themselves say that they have more acceleration than a Moto2 bike and handle pretty well for the heft they are hauling around. Don't know how accurate the handling is in the game, but they do handle different than a Moto3 or Moto2 bike - I think Milestone have done a good job with them and, I for one, am glad they included them in the game.

Gonna try and get back to my Moto2 career and Mugello on Friday! 👍

Have you guys watched the MotoE races yet? They are done quick and very entertaining races. Still getting used to the sound of the bikes though.

I have noticed that if your on a hot lap while qualifying, and the A.I just so happens to be coming out of the pits, they will stop or slow down to let you get your lap in.

I stopped my career and I am just doing a Championship in Moto2 and then the GP class. I am not a fan of the upgrading of your bike thing. I do the same in F1 2019 (great game by the way).

The R & D is just so unrealistic in F1 career mode along with the crazy driver transfers it is just not for me.

Back