MotoGP 19 announced - Due June 6th

• Thread starter barryf1fan
  • 214 comments
Completed the first two races in Moto3, Losail and Termas de Rio Hondo. So far, two races and two race wins. I ended up running the difficulty on 95% for the first race and 100% for the 2nd race... it didn't seem to make a difference, as for both races I was on Pole by about 2-2.5"s and won both races by ~12-15"s. I'm running FP2, FP3, QT1 & QT2 (haven't had to run QT1 yet) and then 50% race distances. This game is a lot of fun and I will keep bumping up the difficulty til I find the right challenge. And not trying to brag or sound like a douche (don't know what level you all run it on and it doesn't really matter... ) it's just that in MotoGP 18 I was never competitive if I went above 85% difficulty. :confused: It may change in this game in the upper two classes. I also have yet to try out the MotoE class, probably do that tonight. I will say, I like the challenge of changing your tires after sessions, and the fact that the Ai will use different compounds for the different sessions as well. Very cool. I've used different compounds for the races, too. For instance, I used Soft fr. and Medium rr. at Losail, and a Medium fr. and Hard rr. in Argentina. 👍

Anyway, here are some screenshots from Qatar and Argentina (just screen grabs from the replays)

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Also realized in the race at Losail, after getting horrible starts for every RBR Cup race, that going about half throttle or a little more will result in a good launch off the line. Really need to get to the helmet, number, and butt patch editor so I can make my own...

Anyway, thanks for looking.

I've had the same issue regarding the difficulty too, I'm right up to 120 percent and while some races are competitive, a few others I have won by margins of maybe 4 seconds or more in moto3 career mode. The only race I lost without falling off the bike was catalunya, which was actually a great race.

I've tried the moto2 bikes in time trial mode and the handling is much harder, so I'm guessing I'll probably have to reduce the difficulty slightly in that class.

Who plays using Helnet cam? What's up with the sound bug in FP and Quali?
Bike engine bass/detail gone at random :/

Guess most use chase cam and don't notice this as I hardly see posts about this bug.

PS4

Used it in MotoGP 18 some, but only for doing TT's, for the same reason @Ryanswannell mentioned above. Haven't tried it in '19 yet. . .

The A.I is definitely a lot faster now and the riding tests in career mode are harder also. I had to lower the difficulty in order to pass the tests and then up the difficulty slightly for the race and qualifying.

Hey guys!

I've been watching some videos of this game and i'm quite impressed. I don't know that much about bikes, but racing is racing and this game looks fun!

I have a question though. I see that you can create your rider and progress through the ranks. Start from the Rookies Cup and climb all the way to MotoGP. Looks a solid career mode to me. How many categories are in there?

I still don't know if i should fo with RIDE 3 or MotoGP19.

From what i can tell, RIDE 3 seems to be more about the overall experience, with a lot of circuits and bikes. MotoGP seems to be more about the professional racing, the career mode.

Is this the right assumption?

I'm completely lost. I saw the menus and the customization of RIDE 3 and i thought "oh damn, that is cool!". Now i'm seeing videos of MotoGP and i thinking the same thing.

Help!

Hey guys!

I still don't know if i should fo with RIDE 3 or MotoGP19.

Help!

RIDE3 is more a casual bike game, roads to ride + circuits. It had plenty bikes with different handling. But if you want good sounds, RIDE3 is not the best.

MotoGP19 is more for the motorsport fans. It has all the classes, riders etc. Beats RIDE3 in terms of graphics, handling, sound.

I only play using helmet cam and that's why MotoGP is my fav, sound is very good and handles better.

But if you like to use chase cam, customizing bikes, road tracks etc. RIDE3 might be your thing :)

The A.I is definitely a lot faster now and the riding tests in career mode are harder also. I had to lower the difficulty in order to pass the tests and then up the difficulty slightly for the race and qualifying.

Milestone definitely adjusted (or tweaked) the A.i. in the game. I like the game so much I went ahead and got it on the Xbone as well, since my PS4 is in my "man-cave" and the xbox is on the big tv in the living room. I started my Career on the Xbox in Moto3, skipping RBR Cup, and man'oh man, is the Ai improved. I started on 100% but had to start over and drop it down to 75% to be competitive. I ended up winning the first race at Losail by just under a second, but that was after running the entire weekend, and with the race on 50%. Had to go through Q1 & Q2, and really manage my tires... lots of fun.

Here's some screens from the Xbone version (all the other shots were PS4)

y4mzwElu9PipgGFdsiiRgqER5k4Cvglofla_91MlchS6NvHGMr5t_vqse7yqlHTkw6W5dvqmxsOvsYG54WU6VE4XeIqBmq6EyeP8GXD8IzbH8oGUm6i0ou_FFCJKjBAb6n9wCsPqcX0Ee24jQyAYUJGqcw_OmdxsdfGRBxQrV8gN2jc8_mDhtNR4LvaWncGn_wJoUxchWsT61h8eVv06X_jjg

Sitting in 9th here, had to really work for this one - I dropped all the way to 22nd at the start.

y4mPz_konzfLG7TGQW8vR8fqqIXofETBxHCZhRmXo4z9m3jd5lpXRwuAvri_jWZq3bHHh1cbxdvIVamfLez8wjHnYFCaeMd_-ao_yviwFtERTHHonl2Vv56GobcbX2OedzJ38c4PKQhMEZGfCeVhTfCbSaZgaAdR9XKRuFKDht0Ccdbwta79BSa01oMuk4rrceRYI86Sbqml1LwSwywsg_Ejw

Right on Arbolino's butt!!

y4mu6_SFaS1s3_aVh_-RtfspGis_6MCrDEr-TYhytRgWzOYC4pM-Pek4sDo1aC28T2PoQO7D-d-bfL6hyhFEIisC33sugkXEOw7ThLl-UcTsiYoTWUCdD80AKjfPcYuBYYBupzx3EakVec_Y3RxjTo2g6XQDMgLKFmx1ZepGF7HAn4qhItZun50OO1tqoIKnwu2KOF77V6WdH5jRBkeMXujuw

y4mbxLEDl3JIx-JT6iDM7bO6Nr338PL85yH5cJCLRD_-U1vPPfxN7LgE2n6eJUaW2sXkL4ktUw7ZfqWIMJij5d_41Iy18uDemJBQiwaEIiUcQj-rlW43nHsEA22sreWSNnbc-ehuBTBo34on8rfmj5Ku9tRlUNl62bxs3ZVOg4LgtsPvMZSqOE_ZLNN6bcQRl7I6JDo2GMSYx0EJuKVRIbuMQ

y4mIBHer-6-znbQAP3Dob-WSEpqLi8N5QdMrdaJwx28gQd4NEwnxPbD6-bykVYan-BYXWeexQOCILaT4B1dswa4l2l29xlCc1SrjaMf-Wbqr6WrDKu5J67t51nSuCCc8xeusXLHV0IrY2KiJ8ZPPG0BDkbm2sNNKlTeBQz2F3VapGUgp0PDvkNuZq4mUKSJXvinJIH4nCH2qRCaavXIFVmPSw

y4mO6fEyVyrXZAvtWxp3_DmbO5i2FtO7GnyRhipo6cSxFJSbQs5uBiCAQWLrsNWx119-VueDtwgrcHtPl_OLnleVKBioYoDv70EhheAV4lETD_SfDqeZk7IGjimRSYrFEML-tQWVysy9FesIvmGJqrUTsVQqvtVVxPxvvXYCCCel_lZlzoxive0GZV1kG2wEive8Afw-6N5A6bsynHspcIebw

y4m4BteO8PGex0Q61GwppjdtHlnlGYf2HY8b95XqybZ5b6FEr1yKfOUMnbkA9FEr2dlpDkWUUqyVcR8T9P1lfhjwGTxZ2YAhqwyRhrpVAy97TWJhIDUjVpzoLhrN90P8MKBK2lG1JX4S_qAiFNWuEF49xpmf7B4FQdhIU3r6nkAmyICes5r0cExa3Wg6RYWqF27tAKJsROpTfN0MiMJDdiD6Q

I think the XboxOne version looks great this year, and the frame stuttering is gone, as the standard version of each console I think the PS4 had better visuals in MotoGP 18. Milestone have really stepped up their game. I have both versions again this year and they both look great!

Also, bit of a side note _ _ _

Have you guys tried MotoE yet ?? I actually thinks it's pretty cool - just sounds weird, and I am constantly shifting as I brake into a corner and accelerate out of one. :lol::lol::lol: Please tell me I'm not the only one doing that!! :rolleyes:

Ran some more Career on the PS4 (after playing both consoles, think the PS4 might just be a tad better...) at CoTA and Jerez.

At Circuit of the Americas I couldn't seem to get down to a competitive time through the first 3 practice sessions...[and one thing I REALLY like is having to manage your tires, especially trying to keep a set that you plan to run in the race] although I was in a solid 7th place so went into Q2. I ended up getting pole by 0.003 over Canet, and was a little worried for the race. :eek: But man, that was close!!

At the start got swallowed up by the pack running uphill to turn 1, but hung in there and through the esses made up a boat load of places to come out in 7th, of all places. Ended up running some really good lines and strung fastest multiple laps in a row which saw me right on the back of 1st & 2nd. After some pushing got by both of them and won the race by less than a second!! Fantastic race and lots o' fun. Btw, still running on 95% (I had turned it down on the Xbox One but forgot when I went back to my career on the PS4, prob why I was struggling through the FP's) and the A.i. are a real challenge in this game.

Jerez was a different story. . . Was really struggling here, which is normally one of my strong tracks - apparently it's several riders strong tracks! :sly:
Through the FP's I was always in the top 6 (meaning 5th or 6th, maybe in 7th until I ran a good tidy lap) and was really struggling with my race lines. Couldn't seem to put together a "clean" lap to save my life. Did the development cycle and struggled with the track affinity one, which was odd as this is one of my 3 favorite tracks. :odd: I ended up with combined lap times in P8, which still saw me straight through to QT2 (thank goodness as I was using up my tire allotment). In QT2 I ran a few laps with S/M combo, which is what I had planned to run the race with, then slapped on brand new Softs, front & rear and went for a pole lap. Couldn't believe it, got Pole here by 0.047", so less than half a hundreth... :eek:

Race starts, and once again I get a shocking start as I am dropped all the way from 1st to 15th or so... the fast left hander that is turn 4 saw one of the Ai lose the back of his bike and take out 3 or 4 other riders. Looked like Lorenzo at Catalunya yesterday !! But I benefited big time as I made up about 5 or 6 places, maybe more, as other riders were caught up in the melee until the bikes disappeared and reset. Now sitting in 9th (I think) I set out to run some tidy laps and make up places. Was able to work my way up to 3rd, and got right on the tail of 2nd a few times but just didn't have the tires or pace to get past, that, or I would completely fudge up a corner and lose a little time to the front two. Finished in 3rd, and was pretty satisfied with that as it was a helluva race, and had I got a better start I might have been just in front - who knows?!? I will say that I got a frame rate stutter and a split second of a freeze when that major crashed happened, and a little annoying it didn't really ruin the game for me - Milestone still have some work to do on this engine but overall it's still worth it if you like motorcycle racing / games.

[sorry, no pics of CoTA, forgot about it, and stupidly didn't get the pile up at Jerez, next time!]

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

I like how the Ai aren't on rails and take multiple lines through turns and even on the straights!!

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Thanks for looking!!

Is this game a faithful representation of the sport? Are all the riders and bikes and teams in rl present in the game?
Are the bike models and tracks accurate?
Also I read that Milestone are going to patch in up to date liveries, are these last years?
Apologies for all the questions but I am seriously considering buying this and I'm a bit of a fuss pot over details.
From what I have read and videos I have seen this looks really very good.
Thanks for all your impressions in this thread, I am enjoying reading them.

Last edited:
Is this game a faithful representation of the sport? Are all the riders and bikes and teams in rl present in the game?
Are the bike models and tracks accurate?
Also I read that Milestone are going to patch in up to date liveries, are these last years?
Apologies for all the questions but I am seriously considering buying this and I'm a bit of a fuss pot over details.
From what I have read and videos I have seen this looks really very good.
Thanks for all your impressions in this thread, I am enjoying reading them.

Is this game a faithful representation of the sport? Yes, I think it is very representative. It's not perfect, but it's a lot of fun.

Are all the riders and bikes and teams in rl present in the game? Yes. Red Bull Rookies Cup, Moto3, Moto2, & MotoGP. Even MotoE is in there, along with historical bikes and riders.

Are the bike models and tracks accurate? Yes, very good for a game. Again, not perfect but very good, not PCars 2 level (or GTS) but nice track models.

Also I read that Milestone are going to patch in up to date liveries, are these last years? No, they are already the current teams liveries (2019).

If you're a fan of MotoGP then you'll like this game, maybe love... And if you are a fan of racing games, this should be up your alley (not sure if there is a demo, though).

Is this game a faithful representation of the sport? Yes, I think it is very representative. It's not perfect, but it's a lot of fun.

Are all the riders and bikes and teams in rl present in the game? Yes. Red Bull Rookies Cup, Moto3, Moto2, & MotoGP. Even MotoE is in there, along with historical bikes and riders.

Are the bike models and tracks accurate? Yes, very good for a game. Again, not perfect but very good, not PCars 2 level (or GTS) but nice track models.

Also I read that Milestone are going to patch in up to date liveries, are these last years? No, they are already the current teams liveries (2019).

If you're a fan of MotoGP then you'll like this game, maybe love... And if you are a fan of racing games, this should be up your alley (not sure if there is a demo, though).

Thank- you for your replies to my questions, I really appreciate it. I have enjoyed reading your posts about the game. :cheers:

Thank- you for your replies to my questions, I really appreciate it. I have enjoyed reading your posts about the game. :cheers:

No prob, man. And thanks for the kind words - I enjoy the MotoGP games ('17 is prob still my favorite because of the Managerial mode), and can generally find something I like about any of them to play them. If you look through the MotoGP 18 thread you can see I really enjoyed that iteration as well, even though it did have some (real) issues. MotoGP 19 is an improvement in pretty much every area across the board. I haven't really done online yet as I am in a PCars 2 league 3 times a week, M-T-Th, and it takes up quite a bit of gaming time already. However, you can adjust the Ai to fit your skill level and your riding options as well, such as Normal or Pro physics.

I'm sure if you look around you could find it at a used game shop, that way you wouldn't be out the full amount of the game if'n you ended up not really caring for it. And to reiterate, if you're a fan of MotoGP series' then I think you would get some use out of the game. I buy the "yearly" update to racing games like people buy Madden. . . I like having the "as correct" as possible livery with the correct driver, etc...

Bear in mind, I'm pretty religious about Sunday. Sometimes I even go to church!! :sly:

No prob, man. And thanks for the kind words - I enjoy the MotoGP games ('17 is prob still my favorite because of the Managerial mode), and can generally find something I like about any of them to play them. If you look through the MotoGP 18 thread you can see I really enjoyed that iteration as well, even though it did have some (real) issues. MotoGP 19 is an improvement in pretty much every area across the board. I haven't really done online yet as I am in a PCars 2 league 3 times a week, M-T-Th, and it takes up quite a bit of gaming time already. However, you can adjust the Ai to fit your skill level and your riding options as well, such as Normal or Pro physics.

I'm sure if you look around you could find it at a used game shop, that way you wouldn't be out the full amount of the game if'n you ended up not really caring for it. And to reiterate, if you're a fan of MotoGP series' then I think you would get some use out of the game. I buy the "yearly" update to racing games like people buy Madden. . . I like having the "as correct" as possible livery with the correct driver, etc...

Bear in mind, I'm pretty religious about Sunday. Sometimes I even go to church!! :sly:

I’m going to buy this game for sure now, unless I read or watch something in the next few days that highlights a major glitch or something. Price wise I will pay the full retail because I believe in rewarding a company who has done a good job and it appears Milestone have hit this one out of the park, as the saying goes.
It is extremely rare for me to buy a game I don’t like because I always do a lot of research so I pretty much know exactly what I am getting. 👍

Ran some more career on the Xbox One last night after my PCars 2 league races. . .

Only ran one race and was at Termas de Rio Hondo Argentina. Started out struggling to be on pace with the top 5, and was down in the P 8-10th range. Trying to run cleaner laps saw me move up the board a little, to 5th, but still almost a full second off of the pole time. Was able to go through to QT2 with a combined lap times that had me sitting in 8th, so was able to save a set of tires. During QT2 I was able to do a 1:58.092 to set pole early on, but it fell with about 4 minutes left, Antonelli dropped a 1:57.662 and with that took the top spot. I went out to do a fast lap on Soft fr/rr (had set my FL on Soft fr / Med rr) and was up on Antonelli's fast lap by almost 5 tenths and completely fudged up the last corner, and with it the shot at pole.

My QT2 time was good enough for 8th on the grid, and going for a Soft fr / Med rr I thought I made a huge mistake as every rider ahead of me and most just behind went for Med fr, and either a Med rr or a Hard rr, so I figured I'm screwed. The race starts and once again I get passed by a bunch of bikes, so going from 8th to about 18th-20th I have some serious work to do in the 11 lap race. After 2 laps I had worked my way back into 7th and the top 6 were in a pack about 1.5" in front of me. Couple more laps saw me on the back of the lead pack, and with my Soft fr tire was able to get into the turn and hit the apex earlier than the riders with the Med fr's. After a huge battle with Canet in 3rd, and passing him going through the left/right switchback on the back of the track, I was able to run down Dalla Porta and Antonelli. Got Dalla Porta and sitting in 2nd behind Antonelli, whose tires were obviously going away. Start of Lap 8/11 I was able to squeeze under the leader through turn 3, the fast right hander going onto the first long straight, and was able to put a tiny gap on them through the rest of the lap. I was definitely faster through the first half of the lap but the Ai were making it up in the last half - I just feel that the leaders (top 5 or 6) had used up their tires racing each other while I was running them down and not having to race anyone till I got there. There was, however, times during the race where I felt I was out of it, no-mans land so to speak, and was definitely not looking at a podium much less a race win. Ended up crossing the line ~1.2"s ahead and probably had a little over 25% left on my tires.

Man, that was helluva race and one that I really had to work for - worked the entire weekend, really.

y4mAi2h73Ko5iAkBhKkILPMItZWRfnBQlFzUGnjKLuEkfh71n1vL0z-1t1LJPcqm7taZcL_7zWqqhwgX3iQoquZBvq_oO4h0LVcKrK1-eoR__Qnbrn9QBwehR8NsDiuSYF4oVZ7uFcWH5Khb4LAKz3SGq5P1Rssh6Az95cMiERwxjEs8cNTYyQf1bUPfJuvElnGQKZCF-6RHpwP5TQUlwSmjA

y4mPIoAfOoq8HjFHqbdP0w35qPea7CUMzr434JWypNJyXpeet1hO77sKrEBBcWQ7_iRqwSAYcjqHfhukh2BbsucPRIDiN6yLZkfGT-ypp0I3Aq4OATGGJWu8QwkZPnpD2i13P7Da3kvsR66DRfH5D4W6nLjzY_etFhi2qzqaWBMgz1uMZ1dj3X-djaw0GT9GsFN0xuZTdSy7sVPQdaoiVmAYQ

y4mFREdWKiU83w-Y-kQ3cmy3gtwyL5txty8QNlbU5zFoJ7WsY1eN6sIxkBEtbfMcF24D5axRzSpnrQpznWWqhfZ1Q7HBWpRgVgOyuCYUywHWG14wLDT5fi7tO7l4nkqeZdOkQQQPoskwvnJ1zfZUVS3YomSJP7EQL8-iOshn-FT9dROn5u3BqBCEXDu4Zv2hNkEfDxYalWQ34GqqLDiVYOSXg

y4m-PKcg7jU8fT3vkigx7s8D8ygILSDnq-P7wzWKYpshPnlZ31hQ6wFI_SUSnFSZMIEIt9MVwkgQkj7iHYcwi5e5fW2SReK8netpwN04H4qaxxXYMK70VxyJ8mPxc_q0-5M5ZbyTaSPNfRhxF18bd7mnNPcssM8mS9froPsoIUf6kWBzylH8ffZ9YtrQEdra6P86HL1tWb_rM4vNVH8AknVxg

y4m3OOhZqvgXFLoqadbNmSeXvUoYorsG58YJfOhFGwR9RNPyevOQIn0ND4guu2omtsOKAIpdwnFn0hk6cHuSau5cKXSm0bmzvG9zzOgtXL0Zi1GASBXPkBKlNfVmPRIrpvzAsvNG3nVGygQo28-0Q7TFgh2K2ta66-Jio6MMbqfOntufGTYaQunKXUM6TRgBsCqq42CePm5lQxftQz-ZGZOIw

y4mCeswqHD9cDzj1s_VFClFMjRoCH0-8F9ijwf3YP4j5NewF8b7ECzrLUpie4HB98GJZ4-Z3fhaZypuQxpKPlRMQrWuArgrk6rnO_2uAJ2VlT1IEstqv_kAsrKcJlTYGQRZkpoFuHxeJ6EMGeYiBg6ayTgtondPsCs8RtJ5WNvBp1wXYXj-wKQVsn1OQ6TIzR94WaeUeg2msjVAorQqC1nmbw

y4m5dSsyU2mpn8KaJfQo6DwoVPbqph1h4sHPf3nNcdNz2SQpJubG5pEm8fAwGfOxk_FOU2Wr_AqIxtC6MFeJejUssADxac759DG9NrCZXxhr-2IibHthfiuqPX_QGVazLQtQj3B2laq-8Y2wOqfZa-T_aDSPTxAvIazarC916xhrF3HEjnqhLSUj9SPWkIuOJ9RFP8CCLqoTWlpjYkcKOdY6g

y4mw_OrZeUjCXRT0tYKnQtvWdOF949fV9pn4t-RnrGxWjEYpwjP6sXbfrLatVMlzlF7rVojA0QlOug90Z-aOMXUujCne5qs8ZuiiZPnpugGbK0YbD3z49oFf4QmnczV0LSv_oaKqvTTxM1yl7Z4af1kkZzhXI_aJ-tcsSamXGc5gXr_vV-ZmcMxuWwbA7ULsShnF-Ld7VJh0C6zEhfbQtVWEw

y4m3cVXdUtY4s_FKFa5dbE8PatLHac-oq58A5QYI5dshsLG93ABD7rWVyPEtrJzXGchoIzgcvrSvgF5seUmyZkcT7if_qa1qAmGY_9bjv_-pH7zQX5wH3cGxJnH8ojjrkHIRdxqxK3az9otD1fIyT9-HncI8LwbE1oVwS-DJH50vt4U-cqmkPSeaEjPKlEB00MJqcVLSZWH4-BazcI6pHn6cw

Thanks for looking!!

There's another 2.4 GB update today. I not sure what it entails but I like the support this far. Still really enjoying career mode like I never have before.

I agree with ya' @BIG CAROLINA , really liking the tire management aspect of the weekend as well, kinda why I'm doing almost every session - forces me to manage the tire allotment. Like you, I wonder what the update today is for. :confused:

Ran career race at CoTA last night on X-bone and they definitely re-adjusted the Ai - I don't think I got better without playing.

I had turned the Ai down to 60% at Argentina and although I won, it was only just barely, and took a lot of patience and very clean laps. I also qualified 8th and after the FP's and QT's I felt ok with that, considering the way it was going. Well, last night I went ahead and turned the Ai back to 75% and I got pole by 1.9" and won the (50% race distance) race by almost 15"s. I didn't play in between the updates, so I would guess that they did re-balance the Ai on the Box.

Back