• Thread starter barryf1fan
  • 94 comments
United States
St. Cloud, Florida
aracefan
MotoGP 20 Game

And look whats back !!! 👍👍

upload_2020-2-20_13-55-23.png

Thanks for posting these up @er185es , it's always nice to get new track(s).
I'm ready for MotoGP 20 to come out - especially since were not getting the real thing right now...

Time flies, coming out in a week almost.
Hope its a continuing improvement. Doesn't seem that they added replays on other sessions than races.
I hope replays sound punchy and clear.

Edit: anyone know if there wil be more historic bikes? It be nice to have older bikes from 80s too.

Edit2: looks like many good improvements, just too bad 60fps only on the higher spec consoles. I think motogp19 and ride3 look pretty nice in helmet view, just the fps makes it less ideal and messy a little.
Might wait for it on ps5, if i can wait it out.:boggled:

Same for ACC, if i can hold off getting it.:lol:

Last edited:
I can't wait, it looks great! They're really optimizing the graphics engine now.
Every video though, not a single blip of helmet cam. All 3rd person.

Yeah, I hear'ya... I generally do my Career and races in third person - just can't see beside you in 1st person - but run TT's and for fun in 1st person or helmet cam. I have played the crap out of the last three MotoGP games, 17-19 (I've played all the MotoGP games going back to the PS2) and have now gone from PS4 to the PC and can't wait for it on PC.

I did see something somewhere that the Managerial career won't be out when the game releases but will be a free update in early summer... anyone else see or hear that?? I guess that's okay, but I'm really looking forward to the new liveries and the Managerial Career mode, plus I think they added some more Historic stuff - which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Oh, and the MotoE series is back, but will also be a free update at later time... anyhoo, really looking forward to it!! 👍

I can't wait, it looks great! They're really optimizing the graphics engine now.
Every video though, not a single blip of helmet cam. All 3rd person.
Glad someone else also prefers helmet view.:lol: so much thrilling and immersive, same for ride3 and mxgppro.

Yeah i haven't seen any footage either, must be similar to 19, hope so. They did say they have changes to cams i think, not sure, hope it's same as i love it.

..Maybe they're having dev delays cause of the virus, especially they are an Italian dev if i remember, with the problem being so bad there, not sure if they are based in Italy still though. But weird that they set the release earlier.

Last edited:

27:39 min new crash cam

Bikes look amazing, especially in rotation showroom.
Looks great all, but i hope you still can choose the old crash cam from away showing the crash and ragdoll.

Also they said there would be different damages, to aerodynamics etc, i don't see a diagram of damage when he crashed, but a small 2 words turning yellow then red. Wonder what it said..edit: seems only a general damage info..damage moderate, damage critical. Oh well, pretty basic, wish it was specific damages, better than nothing i guess.

Still no helmet view showing.
Tks for vids.

Edit2: i don't see it on psn still even in preorders, it still coming out on 20th april i guess. Oups 23rd it seems.

Last edited:
Saw a youtube video showing still a clutch and the uploader said there is still the same helmet view, phew hehe.

I don't like the centered fairing windshield view with only the fairing tilting and view point stuck in the middle closed in, that is the only 1st person view showed.
It's like the silly tt isle of man 2 view i keep seeing.

Also he said its even more challenging and sim than 19 in handling, hard to say when no aids cause he used the electronic aids from the vids i saw at least.

EDit: Many reviews out now, today's the day.
Seems it's pretty good, saying great sound, physics even more challenging for braking especially, and going off track. Weighty feel too.
Problems with fuel usage, and a.i. being unbalanced and having it too easy compared to the player for braking etc.
Also say looks great but some problems like late texture loading.
Career good if not fantastic. A.i. doesn't retire or advance thru.
Historic challenges now live events style, i guess like in dr2 career events.

Seems on wet track the racing line now dries up somewhat after many laps of bikes passing thru.

Mentions patch upcoming for a.i and fuel problems.

Last edited:
Well, any impressions?
I don't have it but i edited my previous post just above with review info a little.

They also say the a.i. challenges you and takes advantage when it can.
Tracks detail is better but late texture loading and shadow detail. And bugs..
Says the new braking feel might not please everyone, probably harder i guess. Seems it has a greater effect on lightening up the rear.
Career management is pretty deep and well done it says. But not much tutorials on it.

Out on psn in n.a. for 66.99 cad.
Also historic pack as the last game, 6.99cad.
With some 1990s bikes.

Last edited:
I've been waiting for the US PSN store to update, I'll check.

I'm excited, I get it every year. I heard they changed the helmet cam though, some people aren't happy about it on their fb page.

I've been waiting for the US PSN store to update, I'll check.

I'm excited, I get it every year. I heard they changed the helmet cam though, some people aren't happy about it on their fb page.
Ouch really, makes me worry, i love 19's helmet view, and in ride3.
Was hoping for just improvements in ride4 later on, from motogp19 ai, sound and feel.
Now i worry a little instead. With the helmet view worries and ai seems worse in some ways, maybe just needs a few patches.
Hope to see helmet view gameplay soon and impressions.
Edit: i did look at the fb page, yh seems helmet view is different, tilting the horizon and no shake and some say it's blurry tinted.
The brakes well i don't know, some who complain use digital buttons for braking so i can't take it too seriously.

Last edited:
Okay, after limited play on the PC version... the game is much more difficult on Pro physics. The tires have to warm up - first run they had to warm up a lot! :lol: Managerial career is in the game at launch, so that's a plus... getting ready to start that now. Bye. ;)

Ninja Edit: btw, like it so far, seems it will be a different and more difficult challenge than the last game.

I just watched a utube vid from today of the 1st person views gameplay. And there's 3 choices at least. One near and centered on the front of the bike, a 2nd which is farther back seems, like sitting up and a 3rd which seems pretty much the same as in the helmet last 1st person view option in 19. With you view going to the side of the bike inside curves when leaning, looks great

So im happy if it stays like this.
The horizon barely tilts in all those views, as in 19. I don't get the FB complaints about it, especially saying it tilts the view of the horizon and makes you dizzy.

the game is much more difficult on Pro
Lol much more difficult, now that will be crazy haha, i like it but seems plenty challenging already in 19 hehe, in helmet, pro and no aids. Plus i use engine braking which makes it even harder.
Curious to try it out for sure...

Edit: the youtube vid is from user Throneful, titled: motogp 20 helmet view gameplay pc... Looks great, lighting seems better maybe at night.

Edit2: Looking more at the views and comparing 19 and 20, seems the 1st 2 choices of 1st person view tilt even more in 19 actually idk hehe.
And the helmet view tilts less in both.

I think maybe complaints are caused possibly by a field of view that's wider in 20, causing fish eye effect. And that would explain dizziness effect.

Also i noticed they added a small overlay of your helmet around the edges of the screen.
I don't see any in 19.

Here's the link

Last edited:
Talk about divisive views online! Some saying it's awful and worse than last years. Others saying it's a huge improvement!!

I'm tempted to dive in as I really like the direction Milestone have been headed for a while now.

I only got to play a little bit last night, will dig in today for a while.
First impressions are really positive though, the bike feels lively under braking, the visuals look great, and I LOVE the subtle changes to the helmet cam. I love the tilt. I understand why people think it can be a bit much, it tilts slightly every time you turn, so if you wobble to correct a turn, the horizon is moving back and forth.

I love immersions in these games, and with no HUD and this change it's really immersive. The helmet cam at night at Qatar is just bonkers! The lighting effects are so good, it looks very convincing.

I'm excited to play more today. But I'm a casual racer these days, little kids, not much time. So I don't get into the managerial modes or career anymore and long gone are the days where I'd do practice, qualifying, and full race sessions. It's quick races theses days. So take my impressions with a grain of salt.

But I get it every year, and I'm finally happy their optimizing the engine so well now.

I only got to play a little bit last night, will dig in today for a while.
First impressions are really positive though, the bike feels lively under braking, the visuals look great, and I LOVE the subtle changes to the helmet cam. I love the tilt. I understand why people think it can be a bit much, it tilts slightly every time you turn, so if you wobble to correct a turn, the horizon is moving back and forth.

I love immersions in these games, and with no HUD and this change it's really immersive. The helmet cam at night at Qatar is just bonkers! The lighting effects are so good, it looks very convincing.

I'm excited to play more today. But I'm a casual racer these days, little kids, not much time. So I don't get into the managerial modes or career anymore and long gone are the days where I'd do practice, qualifying, and full race sessions. It's quick races theses days. So take my impressions with a grain of salt.

But I get it every year, and I'm finally happy their optimizing the engine so well now.
I like the helmet view in the video i just posted before, doesn't seem to tilt more than in 19? 19 does tilt too a little.

It does seem to go to the side of the bike more, to the inside of the curve when leaning. I like it, from the video at least.
Field of view maybe is wider in 20? That would amplify the feel that it tilts the horizon.

Could be the FOV, it does seem more extreme on tight corners. Not much different than 19 honestly, trying them back to back. It tilts just a bit more.

I'm really annoyed that you can't back out of a quick race and start a new one, you can only load the previous race, no option to load or start a new one anymore.

Edit- Never mind, there's a toggle with the right stick to choose load or new at the bottom of the screen. Excellent!

Last edited:
Back