MotoGP 20 - Due out earlier, rather than normal June release date

• Thread starter barryf1fan
  • 94 comments
Ive noticed in photomode a little niggle, sometimes the wheels are not on the track, apart from seems good, and my ps4 pro fan is on full chat with this game for some reason...anyone else`s?

another piccy.
full

So I've only played for 30min and my skill is summed up in two words..

I suck.

Ride 3 I'm on chase cam.
Tried helmet cam on MotoGP20 and going to need a loooot of practice.
I suck a little less on chase... But only a little.

Only have a real problem on the brakes. Acc and turning acceptable, but that's only if I stop in time. Which I don't hahaha

It's funny... In iRacing, ACC, PCars2 etc... I always run in cockpit - but with this one I run the closest chase cam. I will mess a bit in TT's with an onboard view but I just can't see the jackwagons (usuallay Marquez) around me in that view. Too many touches!! :lol:

So I've only played for 30min and my skill is summed up in two words..

I suck.

Ride 3 I'm on chase cam.
Tried helmet cam on MotoGP20 and going to need a loooot of practice.
I suck a little less on chase... But only a little.

Only have a real problem on the brakes. Acc and turning acceptable, but that's only if I stop in time. Which I don't hahaha

It's all about the "tip-in" SD. Figuring out the braking whilst turning into the apex, and "feeling" when to release the front brake as well. Are you running it with PRO physics on? MotoGP 18 was the first game that I ran PRO physics and it is definitely harder and makes your braking touch more crucial. If you don't know a track, you could try running on normal physics then jump over to pro once you have your braking markers down. It's a lot different than running a car game. 👍

Try brake assistance on full and practice on time trial on your own for a few laps, that is what I am doing now before attempting too many races as I keep losing badly :irked:

Edit: It looks like I am the only mad one in first person :sly: It is hard, but much more immersive after loads of practice.

I agree with you Torque, about the immersion level in FP view... i just can't see what the rear of the bike is doing in FP. Makes me a bit :nervous:

Cheers guys!
I'm running on Pro and 'realistic'...
I dialed engine braking to 1 as well, but I'm not great on the back brake, button 'A' so I'll try a slightly higher to compensate? Thought of binding back brake to the right joystick but I know that'll be too much for me.

Even though I knocked the TC of the Honda Motogp bike to 0, definitely still feels like there's plenty of TC going on..

Really want to perfect the helmet cam, but same reasons as Barry. Also use cockpit in PC2.

Try brake assistance on full and practice on time trial on your own for a few laps, that is what I am doing now before attempting too many races as I keep losing badly :irked:

Edit: It looks like I am the only mad one in first person :sly: It is hard, but much more immersive after loads of practice.

Cheers guys!
I'm running on Pro and 'realistic'...
I dialed engine braking to 1 as well, but I'm not great on the back brake, button 'A' so I'll try a slightly higher to compensate? Thought of binding back brake to the right joystick but I know that'll be too much for me.

Even though I knocked the TC of the Honda Motogp bike to 0, definitely still feels like there's plenty of TC going on..

Really want to perfect the helmet cam, but same reasons as Barry. Also use cockpit in PC2.
Im definitely a helmet player, i posted enough on this to make others sick of hearing of it im sure haha, nothing compares, in motogp19 , ride3 and mxgppro, especially leaning into curves, its amazing in motogp19, and looks as good in 20.

Those are insanely nice. Love it.

After spending some time with this year's iteration of Milestone's take on MotoGP I have to say... I like it. I like it a lot, don't love it (yet) - but again I played A LOT of MotoGP 19 and this year's game is very different. And not in a bad way.

To start with, I really hope they add the MotoE bike/races back in at some point as I actually enjoyed those more than I thought I would. Did a couple of MotoE championships as a little distraction between some of the "regular" series' and it was a nice change of pace. So fingers crossed.

Now, on to this year's game: I do like the way the bikes lose grip (ie., the Moto2's and GP bikes), and at first I didn't, thought it looked a little hokey. More I play it though the more I like it. Losing the rear and getting a big slide in the rear really breaks your momentum and costs you valuable time. You don't necessarily have to crash (on that in a moment) for you to get "punished" for pushing. Being smooth and consistent through the turns is now rewarded with better and better lap times as you find the limits of rear grip and when you can get back on the gas. Testing and finding a good setup for the bike, esp. in Moto2 and MotoGP, seem to be a little more crucial this time 'round as well. Throttle control seems to be a big emphasis this year as you can't just smash the throttle coming out of a corner, which seems more realistic to me. You definitely have to be "sat-up" to a certain point before you can get on the gas 100%, which was true with last year's game as well. However this year you lose the back end and "may" crash - but at the very least you get a slide. Which is a nice warning that can cost you positions without causing a crash.

On to the crash sequence this year...

At first I was like, really, how long does this go on??? "I mean seriously, stop flipping already!" :lol: Now, after my first few (say 5 or 6 races) I realized, this crash is going to cost me a lot more time than in previous games. Now, I avoid crashing as much as possible. I even find myself trying to avoid crashing in practice and ESPECIALLY qualifying. You can really muck up a good lap and it just takes so much time whereas last year, you crash and 1.5 seconds later you were re-spawned and back on your bike raring to go. So now, a crash can really set you back in a race, and even in quali !! Didn't like that at first, now I find it more "realistic" that it costs you something - TIME! Kudos to Milestone for making this "painful". :)

Next, I want to address the new tire wear model, the fuel depletion/engine mapping, and finally bike damage option. L-O-V-E IT !!! I am running my career on 75% with all the "stuff" on. Tire wear is on, fuel is on, and bike damage is on. It is a real challenge through a race to keep on top of managing the tires, figuring out when to POP that power map to "2" all the while trying to race clean so as not to sustain bike damage - and NOT crash!!! Found that MotoGP 20 is a much more challenging game than 19 was, and that's a good thing in my opinion. Not to say it's perfect, as I have yet to play a perfect game, but MotoGP 20 has pushed the envelope with these changes (that you can turn off by the way) to make the game as real life as possible without having to climb aboard one of these machines.

There are a few more things I could touch on, but as this is getting long in the tooth, I will just touch on one last minor change they (Milestone) made this year. Qatar!! What do I mean, you ask?? Well, now when you run your practice, or qualifying, or race, the time of day MATCHES the class of machine you are on!! So freaking cool now! Moto3 is in the day, Moto2 is at dusk and getting dark, whilst MotoGP machine race in the dark with a 100% lit by lights Losail circuit. YES!! And, thank you Milestone for continuing to develop this series into a fun and challenging escape for us bike fans, so we can re-create our favorite racing moments and take some of the glory, or the defeat that goes along with it. Good job!!

Hope you guys can find something to enjoy in this game, as it really has been a step forward for this series, and hope you can find the fun in it and not just the faults or negatives that sometimes always seemed to be stirred to the top.

Happy racing!!! :cheers:

So I've been dominating the Moto3 championship (on 50% haha ) and tried some of the historical races .. First one the easy race on the 2003 Honda 211...

Hells bells, I just couldn't ride it :lol:!
After restarting for a third time I finally got a bit of a hang of it, after going back to chase cam, and won. Yay me!

Just a point before I crawled back to brrrraaaaaaaaaaaaa Moto3, it seems the back wheel lifting on the brakes seems somewhat toned down? Or are the physics in the historical stuff a little more arcady? I race on pro and didn't change any settings...

Was one hell of a rush riding the big boy bikes again!

Got my 1/12 Tamiya D'Antin Pramac Ducati finished up last night. 👍
Came out pretty good - got a few mistakes (it was built by me after all :lol:)

enhance

enhance

enhance

In the case, and on the shelf.

enhance

Figured I would share in here as most in this thread would be bike nuts!! :lol:

Last edited:
Back