MotoGP 20 - Due out earlier, rather than normal June release date

• Thread starter barryf1fan
  • 94 comments
All I hope is that the AI reacts better to you on the track, compared to Ride 3... I left at MotoGP17 and plan on getting this...
It does already alot better in motogp19 compared to ride3. I cant take the ai in ride3. I don't have much problem with ai in motogp19. There seems to be some problems with ai in motogp20 for now.
Hopefully will be patched.
--------

From what I've seen and read, bikes in 20 seem more wobbly and unstable but easier to not crash. And the lap times seem alot quicker in 20. 19 was nearer to real lap times it seems. Hard to tell if it's an improvement or a step back.
Hopefully they will patch 20's problems.

Did just watch an historic bike in 20 and it does look a little ridiculous how it so fast twitches around, but with no real consequence, even if there was no aids on and on pro. I don't know, seems more arcade and suspect to me for now.

On another gameplay of a more modern gpbike in 20, you can see and the guy says so also that the curbs are alot easier to ride on in curves even, and that if this was in 19 he would have crashed.
Also he comes in fast into a corner and the rear comes up but not much consequence again, the bike just keeping it's direction unchanged. I don't know, seems to try look more spectacular or hard but actually easier.

Even powering out of curves you can see power oversteer that is way exaggerated, or when touching the outside of the track, looking like a dirt bike sideways, and easily recovered too. He did have tcs on 2 but still.

Last edited:
I picked this up at the weekend. Photo mode is a lot better now :cheers: @imported_rik19
Desktop Screenshot 2020.04.26 - 20.10.44.56.png Desktop Screenshot 2020.04.26 - 20.15.02.12.png Desktop Screenshot 2020.04.26 - 20.21.45.02.png MotoGP™20   26_04_2020 21_00_51.png MotoGP™20   26_04_2020 21_01_37.png MotoGP™20   26_04_2020 21_17_21.png MotoGP™20   27_04_2020 14_18_44.png MotoGP™20   27_04_2020 14_31_14.png MotoGP™20   27_04_2020 14_35_45.png

Originals on Twitter https://twitter.com/torque99uk

Last edited:
They look superb @torque99 actual shutter speed settings now?

There is shutter speed setting in the photo mode via 'Action' it isn't like other games with 1/30s 1/60s etc but you can set the speed and get good photos out of the photo mode at last.

@barryf1fan These were on PC but I have seen console photos on twitter and they look just as good. I missed last years one so not sure if too much has changed but it looks a lot better than 2018 and feels much easier to control for me.

Have started the Managerial Career but been playing online mostly, as now it plays pretty good online on PC.

It was terrible on last year online on either console - but so far have run about 30-40 races online. Lots of fun, finally being able to play this online.
I'll get back to the career and historical stuff soon, but finally enjoying racing other people with this game... (only had to wait two years :lol: )

I am really having fun with this one, as now you also have engine mapping and fuel usage. You can run yourself out of fuel if you're not careful. I am really enjoying this years game. Thanks for sharing your pics @torque99

I'm so new at PC I don't even know how to do pics on the pc and share them. :embarrassed: :lol::lol:

There are quite a few ways. If you use an xbox controller you can set it up on steam so you press the middle button and you have an option to press screenshot. If on nvidia drivers press ALT_F1 to capture a screenshot or press F12 to capture via steam. It took me a few months to learn all the files etc but much better all round on PC now especially Project Cars2 and Forza.

The good thing with PC is you can download drivers for pretty much anything. I use my T300RS on PC for project cars2 with a 10 second update etc. You can also tweak all the graphics and video settings and run overlays and reshade on them to sharpen up or add more Depth of field etc once you start learning it all 👍

Last edited:
wow @torque99 that looks superb man, looks so good this time hoping its like this on ps4 pro, should be here tomorrow actually...

I hope it's good on PS4 as well, but I'm digging it so much on the PC that I doubt I get it for the PS4 and Xbox this year, like I usually do.
This game plays so much better online this year (on PC anyway) that I can't see me going back to consoles. It just didn't play well at all on the consoles online last year that I really feel like you are missing out on one of the major game modes. With the Managerial career and online working well on PC I def feel it's a more complete game this year. Plus it looks fantastic!!

I hope it's good on PS4 as well, but I'm digging it so much on the PC that I doubt I get it for the PS4 and Xbox this year, like I usually do.
This game plays so much better online this year (on PC anyway) that I can't see me going back to consoles. It just didn't play well at all on the consoles online last year that I really feel like you are missing out on one of the major game modes. With the Managerial career and online working well on PC I def feel it's a more complete game this year. Plus it looks fantastic!!

From what i read the online is better on all platforms though.

Some of the reviews I've watched are not keen on the physics, compared to 19... Considering I'm on lowly base console and don't play that much online... I'm a bit two minded...

Just on a superficial level I prefer the look of how the bike moves in 19. I play chase cam and the bike in 20 seems to literally point into the corner slightly.

Nothing wrong but it looks a a touch off kilter to me...

It's a lot of money so any advice on pure gameplay would be appreciated!

Got it for PS4, Whats with those clouds that look like out an episode of the simpsons, no track atmosphere is disappointing , ie firecrackers at Jerez, and really could have done with the option too use the motion sensor on the ps4 controller like GT Sport

Got it for PS4, Whats with those clouds that look like out an episode of the simpsons, no track atmosphere is disappointing , ie firecrackers at Jerez, and really could have done with the option too use the motion sensor on the ps4 controller like GT Sport
Never thought of this but the motion sensor controls would probably suit bike games quite well!

Input is a lot smoother than the sticks and the weight transfer would seem a lot more authentic.

Not
Never played the bikes on drive club.

I assume a wheel would feel weird but the motion sensor steering in theory at least sounds great.
Not Weird at all for me actually, feels much more like holding a bike than a little joystick ever could.
I just set the rotation really small to mimic the leaning on a bike a little, and hold on on a 10am 2pm standard grip of the wheel. And you feel the weight more like a real bike in your hands, not like you can flick a 400lbs bike in a flash. Plus its smooth steering as if a real bike. I think its great even if many keep saying its ridiculous, much less than a joystick and little triggers.

Only problem is no joystick for rider leaning forward backward control. Someone said there's a wheel with that though.

Also in driveclub, with the motion sensor there's lag, and doesn't feel that great. But the wheel is fine, except it's an arcade game so it's made to handle faster than real and than with a wheel.

Back