Motorcycles in GT6?

• Thread starter mjm23race
  • 1,257 comments
While this is a good idea I'd rather they wait on this.

We already saw first hand what happens when PD wants to add too much (Nascar and WRC) things get underrepresented. Because the spent too much time in other areas while neglecting those things.

Zuku
While this is a good idea I'd rather they wait on this.

We already saw first hand what happens when PD wants to add too much (Nascar and WRC) things get underrepresented. Because the spent too much time in other areas while neglecting those things.

I agree that they didn't do a good job at all representing everything they wanted to. But I think this time around they will have a better attempt and will have a much more polished game no matter what they include.

Also, thanks for writing a little something to support your opinion, instead of a one word negative post. I think that is lame!

I think GT6 should stick to cars, there's too much complexity in adding bikes. TT2 on the other hand would be great although I think PD should hire some more additional staff if they choose to make it so to minimise its impact on GT6's development.

+1,000
I don't even know why this is being discussed, even if were going to do it they shouldn't, because TT was one of THE worst games ever made.
I couldn't stand that game, it is downright aweful, I would be mad if they even attemped to do it again.
The problem with TT was that they used the GT4 game engine, which wasn't that great to start with. I mean, you CANNOT brake 100% when you are fully banked over, and what was worse was that if you leaned forward a bit while braking and turning the bike would do a stoppie. What the hell was up with that?
The GT5 game engine will also have these problems.
The main thing is that you'll never be able to make a truly realistic bike game, just not possible.
The closest thing that I've seen is Suzuki TT Superbikes, which is 100X the game that TT will ever be.
You couldn't get a DRZ400 to wheelie in Tourist Trophy, but in Suzuki TT, good luck keeping a superbikes front wheel on the ground up to 100mph.

So in short, TT was awful, a new one wouldn't be much better.

Last edited:
Bopop4
So in short, TT was aweful, a new one wouldn't be much better.

That's your opinion, there are a lot of people that enjoyed TT. TT was basically an experiment, and an updated version would undoubtedly be better. That's like saying GT6 can't be any better, because gt4/5 weren't that great (according to many on this site).

Normally I would just say that it's opinion, but I know that you race bikes, and assuming that you have played TT, you know what I'm talking about the physics department.
A GT5 engine TT wouldn't work, and to make a newer TT, they would have to use a Forza like engine. But I can't see that happening as it would require a total redo of GTs physics.

+1,000
I don't even know why this is being discussed, even if were going to do it they shouldn't, because TT was one of THE worst games ever made.
I couldn't stand that game, it is downright aweful, I would be mad if they even attemped to do it again.
The problem with TT was that they used the GT4 game engine, which wasn't that great to start with. I mean, you CANNOT brake 100% when you are fully banked over, and what was worse was that if you leaned forward a bit while braking and turning the bike would do a stoppie. What the hell was up with that?
The main thing is that you'll never be able to make a truly realistic bike game, just not possible.
The closest thing that I've seen is Suzuki TT Superbikes, which is 100X the game that TT will ever be.
You couldn't get a DRZ400 to wheelie in Tourist Trophy, but in Suzuki TT, good luck keeping a superbikes front wheel on the ground up to 100mph.

Have you ever played GT1 and GT5 back-to-back? Those issues with TT physics annoyed the hell out of me, too, but within that semi-arcade framework, the game itself wasn't bad at all.
Also, you might have to substantiate your claim about GT5 "having the same problems" - for a start, it doesn't have forced über-ABS anymore...

I love your negativity, though, despite TT being nothing more than an experiment undertaken by a small team with a limited budget.

Have you ever played GT1 and GT5 back-to-back? Those issues with TT physics annoyed the hell out of me, too, but within that semi-arcade framework, the game itself wasn't bad at all.
Also, you might have to substantiate your claim about GT5 "having the same problems" - for a start, it doesn't have forced über-ABS anymore...
It still would have almost all of the problems of TT because GT5 has the same basic feel as GT4 physics wise.
I love your negativity, though, despite TT being nothing more than an experiment undertaken by a small team with a limited budget.

Look at TT Superbikes, made by a small company that isin't even in business anymore.
The PD guys really disappointed me with TT, that's why I'm so negative about it.
It also helped me expect nothing but subpar games from PD.
I knew that something was up with GT4, TT is an expensive drink coaster, and GT5 nailed the coffin, I will never expect anything great from PD again because of those 3 dives.
I truly hope that they prove me wrong, and give me a reason to get a PS3/4 and GT6 and TT2, because I would love it if they made a game that made me feel the way GT3 did. (And still does.)

^^ Not trying to attack you, but if you are unpleased with everything pd does what are you still doing here? Don't keep frustrating yourself, life's too short.

I know what you are saying, (I kind of branched off into a rant there.)
My main point is that if there is going to be a new TT, then they will have to make a totally new physics engine.
Don't get me wrong, I would absolutly LOVE it if they made an enjoyable TT and GT6 game, but GT caters to a more semi-sim enviroment than a sim one because not as many people would buy a full on sim.
This makes me sad because they need a more realistic engine to properly model a bike due to it's complexity.
But if they keep that semi-sim mentality, (Which they will, because of money.) then a good TT2 is out of the window, unless they branched it off with a totally redone physics engine, but I don't think that there is a large enough market for that to be profitable enough for them to go ahead with it.
It really does make me sad because I would REALLY like to see a new TT but with Suzuki Superbikes physics, can't see it happening though. :(

929988_73117_front.jpg

Well if they made a second version of this, it wouldn't be a problem. But I highly doubt it though.

Well if they made a second version of this, it wouldn't be a problem. But I highly doubt it though.

The problem would be that you'd have cars and bike separate, unless the two games could communicate, but then you'd need to own both and you couldn't just switch from one vehicle type to another without switching disks.

+1,000

Yeah.. I'm not hating on TT, for I have never played it.. But I think MotorCycles in GT6 would be stupid

From an advertising standpoint, this could actually be a good idea... How many racing sims do you know of out there right now have cars AND bikes? Not many, if any at all. And considering that bikes and cars could both use the same engine, I could see it happening. The old engine likely wouldn't work, though.

But then comes the issue of combining the two... Would they ever intermingle, or no? I have a feeling that if they allowed "cars vs. bikes" events, there'd be too many people in cars ramming the bikes off the road, making the game a potentially violent affair... considering the exposed riders... And I don't know what PD would do about rider/ragdoll physics, I mean, you can't say that crashes will simply be ignored as a possibility in bike racing...

But along with this, (this may go a little off-topic, but I'll include bikes here) GT needs some online game modes, like in Forza... Sorry I had to bring that game up, but really, T10 having online game modes was a BRILLIANT idea in my opinion. Maybe no "bikes vs. cars" offline (though, maybe in arcade...), but they could do it online, maybe with some modes like in Forza 4 with car bowling and tag and such. It may be a simulator, but it's a game, too... You can do many things here that you can't do in real life or without consequences. Why not take advantage of that? You won't be removing any of the realistic physics...

So bikes are a good idea, just there needs to be creativity behind it. GT has always had every feature full-fledged (well, until GT5), and felt like it was meant to be there, not some additional content. Some intermingled with each other, which made for some interesting content, but bikes are on a whole new plate. It'd be interesting to see how and/or what PD would do if they DO add bikes in GT6... But it's a great idea, as stated, to keep ahead of the competition.

Although this may seem like a win win idea, I'd say leave the two separate. If there were both cars and bikes in the game I would definitely give the bikes a try. Although I'm afraid that by the end of the day I'd use 1000 cars and neglect all the bikes. So that's not optimal, having a game which you only use for half of its content. You either focus on cars or on bikes if you want it to be good, not both at the same time.

If they brought out TT#2 before GT6 then I wouldn't mind so much keeping them separate. It just would be great to see what polyphony could achieve on the ps3 carrying over everything they learnt making TT#1 and with the tech of the GT5/GT6 engine.

yamahaboy46
no, not one motorbike game has ever captured a realistic feel of riding

For me SBK01, Tourist Trophy, and MotoGp08 all did a decent job. But they are all quite out of date.

ANNIHILATOR90
Although this may seem like a win win idea, I'd say leave the two separate. If there were both cars and bikes in the game I would definitely give the bikes a try. Although I'm afraid that by the end of the day I'd use 1000 cars and neglect all the bikes. So that's not optimal, having a game which you only use for half of its content. You either focus on cars or on bikes if you want it to be good, not both at the same time.

That's kind of weak, how many cars are in your gt5 garage? How many get neglected? Who cares if some players neglect the bikes, that is their prerogative. But for those of us that will give them some love, bring em on. I would be driving cars too, but it would be sooo nice to be able to switch between cars and bikes as the mood strikes without switching games.

Here is a novel idea, sell a base GT6 (cars only) for a base price. Sell a GT6 with a TT2 add on (basically m-spec and bikes) for a premium price. That way all the bike haters will never even have to see a bike in any way shape or form associated with their GT6. Although you suckers won't know what you're missing.

Ok problem solved, get cracking.

That's kind of weak, how many cars are in your gt5 garage? How many get neglected? Who cares if some players neglect the bikes, that is their prerogative. But for those of us that will give them some love, bring em on. I would be driving cars too, but it would be sooo nice to be able to switch between cars and bikes as the mood strikes without switching games.

Here is a novel idea, sell a base GT6 (cars only) for a base price. Sell a GT6 with a TT2 add on (basically m-spec and bikes) for a premium price. That way all the bike haters will never even have to see a bike in any way shape or form associated with their GT6. Although you suckers won't know what you're missing.

Ok problem solved, get cracking.
I have all cars, but to be fair I constantly switch cars. Sure quite a few are ignored still, although I am one of those that likes to pick a random car and just cruise with it.

It's not necessarily that I don't want bikes in it, but the fact that when they add bikes you're automatically handing in other features for the cars. I think that's the issue with most people that are against the idea.
All the work they spent on implementing bikes could've been used to make the car part even better. I also think people would decide to buy the game based on either cars or bikes, not the combination, which is of course always nice but not the primary reason. I certainly don't hate bikes, it's just that I don't really feel anything for them either and therefore I would choose for that extra focus on cars only. :)

If there would be a TT2 I would want it to be focussed on bikes only as well.

Anyway, that's how I see it. I'm perfectly fine with your opinion.

I respect your opinion as well, everyone has one. It is the comments like "no" or "it would be stupid" that bother me. I don't even mind if you disagree, but when you say something like that with nothing to support your opinion it adds absolutely nothing to the conversation.

To your point about bikes taking away from the rest of the game. I get that concern, but I imagine that it would be a small group of people and a very small percentage of time in the overall development of the game. And look at the big picture, if PD could pull it off and increase sales, or take sme of the Forza or Pcars market away look what they could do with the potential extra revenue. They could hire more people for future developments and provide more content much quicker. Just sayin

I've seen a number of people mention one thing or another that would delay GT6, and so we really shouldn't ask for them. But I can't imagine more of a delay than making a next gen Tourist Trophy game, and pasting it into GT6.

Another matter is my periodic joke I make whenever these sorts of threads come along, of asking for all the Gran Turismo cars in a Tourist Trophy game. ;)

Jokingly, of course. And that's the point. Amazingly, no one asks for cars in a bike game. Can you imagine why? Maybe it's because when we buy a car game, we expect cars, and bikes in a motorcycle game... maybe you guys should simply ask for another TT game. Just a thought.

Tenacious D
I've seen a number of people mention one thing or another that would delay GT6, and so we really shouldn't ask for them. But I can't imagine more of a delay than making a next gen Tourist Trophy game, and pasting it into GT6.

Another matter is my periodic joke I make whenever these sorts of threads come along, of asking for all the Gran Turismo cars in a Tourist Trophy game. ;)

Jokingly, of course. And that's the point. Amazingly, no one asks for cars in a bike game. Can you imagine why? Maybe it's because when we buy a car game, we expect cars, and bikes in a motorcycle game... maybe you guys should simply ask for another TT game. Just a thought.

To your first point, no one really knows what PD's current capabilities are. Also no one knows what they have been working on for the past how many years. Who knows, the whole motorcycle thing might already be complete. As far as people asking for features that will delay GT6, that is a cop out. PD is quite capable of many incredible things, even despite all the negativity from the naysayers around here. Again the amount of time to implement bikes would only be a small percentage of the overall development of the game. This request is the only one that could actually translate into more revenue.

The reason that no one asks for cars in motorcycle games is simple. Any current or recent motorcycle games have been awful. There aren't decent forums for those games. The developers cannot even make decent physics for motorcycles, they rely on shiny graphics and WSBK and MotoGp licenses to sell the games PD has actually done both successfully, so it would seem to make sense at some point to polish them both up and smash them into the same game.

Many have requested TT2 but it seems to fall on deaf ears, so this seems to be our best chance. For me it would be the best of both worlds!

Back