My thoughts on online racing...

Playstation 3 - $500
52" SXRD - $1500
Logitech G25 - $250
Import copy of GT5P - $60
Getting rammed off the track in the final lap after climbing from 8th into 1st and receiving a 5 second penalty for it - Priceless

This is why, especially in the final version of GT5, there needs to be a GTP-specific lobby or something, where we can race only against people we know from here. 'Round here, people are better than that.

thank you for the absolutely pointless post. you could have just said the same thing in one of the other threads such as the impressions one.

Playstation 3 - $500
52" SXRD - $1500
Logitech G25 - $250
Import copy of GT5P - $60
Getting rammed off the track in the final lap after climbing from 8th into 1st and receiving a 5 second penalty for it - Priceless

Yes its annoying, but so is starting a whole new post to say whats already been said. :grumpy:

ive just won 2 14 car GTR races at Fuji in a row from the back of the grid! i can live with the online! just'1

consider yourself blessed :sly: every attempt i have made to even come close to winning has ended in 4 cars taking me out at every opportunity!!! just like everyone else here.... i would say winning races online does not come down to talent..... rather luck and the courtesy/skill of yr opponents!

i havent had too much trouble in races actually. it was only in my first day i had a few knockouts but nothing much since.

consider yourself blessed :sly: every attempt i have made to even come close to winning has ended in 4 cars taking me out at every opportunity!!! just like everyone else here.... i would say winning races online does not come down to talent..... rather luck and the courtesy/skill of yr opponents!

ya i do a lot of races, tend to skulk at the bag and cut up the inside off the start when every1 over runs on corner 1 (fuji), also i just "let" people slip stream me up the home staright as they dont seem to realise that the faster they go the longer it takes for them to slowdown, thus they miss the first corner also.

but it is a bit scary when your in the top 3 cos on the slower corners you never know if someone is going to ram you off...destroying their and your chances in the process..

consider yourself blessed. i haven't been able to join this race since they put online.

suzuka and fuji are the only tracks that you can start last and win. eiger and london, only if the other guys are retarded. too much to gain in just 2 laps. i was hoping that some even ts would last 5, 6 laps, to give you a better "race" experience.

altough i rarely get through the blue screen with the spinning globe, when i enter a race, it's usually a good experience. seems like there's less and less of cheaters everyday. maybe the casual got bored and is starting to put the game away.

but it is a bit scary when your in the top 3 cos on the slower corners you never know if someone is going to ram you off...destroying their and your chances in the process..

yup.... that's what normally happens to me!! :scared: oh and this one time i was drafting someone along the fuji straight in 3rd place.... he slammed on his brakes half way down the straight (on purpose) which naturally sent me spiralling out of control! now there's a sporting way to lose someone who's closing in on you :ouch:

Its a crash fest.

This is why most people with PC race sim background jump into his game and see nothing but a arcade kids game. The penalty system while innovative, fail at a certain level in every circuit online available. The system is simply to generous, and at certain location of the circuit, it simply does not perform as designed.

From time to time, you might manage a game without the smacktardry, just don't expect to find one ever in the GTR Fuji online race, either all the people I played are blinded or their cars don't have brakes....or both.

Put it this way.. if you race now, get ready to race dirty. Hopefully it will be changed in the game when its officially released. I don't mind driving dirty but this is ridiculous. :grumpy: --- Randy

I've been playing lots of races in the last days and I think the online racers are not that bad. I'm playing almost exclusively London and Suzuka races. I try to avoid Daytona and Fuji. Could it be that rude drivers are more likely to be found there?

I think PD should put a kind of "history" in their servers. Players which are usually involved in crashes should get higher penalties. When somebody starts getting a 20 seconds penalization for crashing they would be thinking twice :)

my biggest problem is i don't "like" driving dirty.... i like to race as though it is real life... ie: where possible avoid contact with another car.... but seriously after a while i begin to feel rage from all the ramming and before i know it i am getting the urge to turn to the dark side......... thus far i have managed to resist... even though i have seen said rammers directly in my sight and ready to be rammed....!! i do not want to be reduced to their level.. so i avoid them... sigh..

I'm a clean racer under one condition - all you have to do is race me clean. If you wreck me, you better be prepared for revenge. I won't start anything, but I won't take anything either.

@ranhammer - offtopic, but are you a Matt Kenseth fan by any chance? If so, instant thumbs up to you!!

I'm so tired of just recieving penalty after penalty due to other peoples bad driving, I got rammed into a wall on the London track and recieved a 4 second penalty whilst the other driver got off scott free and drove off into the distance, yet if I so much as stroke another car at a corner I get penalized as well.

PD really need to sort out their penalties for GT5 or I just won't bother racing online in it. :nervous:

I hate it to! people will like ram you into the gravel for which you will then get a penalty, or they will ram you causing you to cut a corner and get an even worse penalty... If they ram you on your front quarters (whilst overtaking) it registers as you hitting someone and you get a penalty!

Arg! its useless, I hope in private rooms you can turn it off so that when its all like decent GTP drivers these things wont be needed!

As is going into the gravel isn't bad enough you get penalized... that really is too far!

Robin

LOL...that mess does suck huh.

The worst I have encoutered is when some one hits you (therefore making u sideways), and you slide right into another person (therefore giving you a 4-5 sec penalty).....heck

I have said it before, but I think its worthy to say again here.

PD are using this title as a BETA for its online services, the core gameplay is sorted and has been released as a teaser for the full GT5 game release.

The online is the first for this series, so its all new and we are crash test dummies.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't vent our frustrations, point out it's flaws and say what needs to be sorted out. Let's face it, if Beta testers didn't say what was up with the game and what they did and din't like and what did and din't work, how would PD know what to change, what winds the players up and what doesn't etc.

Besides penalties, another online fustration I have is the length of the races.

Eiger reversed is a 2 lap race and with a rolling start.

If you know how to drive and start from pole you should win everytime.

when starting last and there being only 2 laps PD is encouraging aggressive bumper car passes.

To me the smaller tracks should get more laps.

the time it takes to get online is longer than the actual race!

That doesn't mean we shouldn't vent our frustrations, point out it's flaws and say what needs to be sorted out. Let's face it, if Beta testers didn't say what was up with the game and what they did and din't like and what did and din't work, how would PD know what to change, what winds the players up and what doesn't etc.

Sorry, I wasnt saying we should keep quiet - far from it.

I just think that some people expect perfection straight away.

I wonder if PD will implement private rooms and such when the EU and NA version is released, while using the Japanese release to really sort out things

I wonder if PD will implement private rooms and such when the EU and NA version is released, while using the Japanese release to really sort out things

I cant see them not doing this to be honest.

If they dont, it would be rather silly! Im hoping they throw a patch out that will allow them on GT:P!

Besides penalties, another online fustration I have is the length of the races.

Eiger reversed is a 2 lap race and with a rolling start.

If you know how to drive and start from pole you should win everytime.

when starting last and there being only 2 laps PD is encouraging aggressive bumper car passes.

To me the smaller tracks should get more laps.

the time it takes to get online is longer than the actual race!

that and the london race. if you start in last place, you only win if the guy in first place is a bit dumb. at eiger, you already start 15 seconds behind if you're in 8th place.

I hope they build the online mode in Prologue to GT5 release status and then once GT5 is released, take down the multiplayer icon on Prologue and only allow GT5 players to access online.

I cant see them not doing this to be honest.

If they dont, it would be rather silly! Im hoping they throw a patch out that will allow them on GT:P!

I think you misread my post, I am saying that they will do or I'm thinking hypothetically private rooms will be active for prologue but I was wondering will they wait to implement it when prologue is released for EU and NA....NOT the final release of GT5

I guarantee you that PD has staff reading every post here at GTP so everyone should post their praise and/or complaints. What scientest doesn't watch his guinea pigs closely?

Back