My thoughts on online racing...

PLAYLIFE
Haha yes it sounds like me, I always start last or second last...

Your PSN ID looks familiar, I think I have raced u more than once actually, definately at Daytona a few times...hope I've never taken u out or anything :P

Lol, no.. don't think we ever came to blows. Daytona in an R8 is my most raced combo, I did try the 599, but it was just too twitchy over the start/finish line, and through the corners it was too slow... or too 'in the wall' :ouch: The R8 feels nice and planted.

I've raced at Daytona a few times, but soon realised that all I was doing was drafting the guy in front of me whilst going around in a circle waiting for some numpty to beat me off the track. I've never been back there since. Such a pointless affair IMO. :banghead::banghead:

I've raced at Daytona a few times, but soon realised that all I was doing was drafting the guy in front of me whilst going around in a circle waiting for some numpty to beat me off the track. I've never been back there since. Such a pointless affair IMO. :banghead::banghead:

LOL, sounds like my experience with Nascar 07 online.

Agreed.

At least with the Fuji GTR race there's always a chance to catch back up to the front runners, and bumps and nudges don't always end in huge wipe outs. I just wish the London or Eiger races could have been a few more laps too. Apart from having more chance at being able to win (starting from the back every single time :crazy:) it would be nice being able to actually race a bit more rather than sitting around waiting sooooooo long to join a races that lasts 2 minutes.

Random q, but when the loading screen comes up in the odd race there and here theres sometimes someone whose PSN ID is in yellow.

Are they high-rank, or just the host, or...?

Yeah I noticed that too, I've always wondered why they're in yellow.

I'm not 100% sure but I can sort of recall seeing someone's PSN ID in yellow when it was white the previous race !?!?

I think the couple of times we got tangled up was caused by me doing it right only to be nudged or rammed by another.
Sorry dude!

I did a few races @ Daytona too, earlier in the night and it is complete mayhem most of the time. Was running in 1st place only to have an idiot come out from the infield and take me out via the straight-line route through the corner.

Admittedly, I did then sit in the track and wait for the d;ck to come back round and drove straight at him in revenge. Comedy head-on action that should have been on video! Not proud of it, but I had a moment of weakness. :guilty:

Never mind, I just hope that they sort out private servers for the full GT5.

Neil

Yeah, I hate when I get rammed into someone else, then that person rams me back because they thought I did it :indiff: . Don't worry about it man, that's just stuff we gotta get used to until PD makes the required changes.

However, when someone blatantly rams me, I'll definitely get them back in some way. I don't like to take crap from people. koyokoyokoo kept blatantly ramming me at Fuji, so I drafted him down the straightaway, pulled up next to him and just veered hard left into em, sending us both careening into the wall at full blast. It was wrong, but so funny. :dopey:

I think everyone has gotten revenge on somebody at least once. I was at Daytona one time and a guy in a 430 tried to run me off the road when I went to pass him, and I saw him do it to others as well. The next chance I had I drafted him and went way down to the bottom of the track (he was at the very top blocking someone else) and turned full right into him. He went spinning way off the track and I came out way better than I though I would, straight and going down the track. I think I even managed to finish 2nd in that race!

However, when someone blatantly rams me, I'll definitely get them back in some way. I don't like to take crap from people. koyokoyokoo kept blatantly ramming me at Fuji, so I drafted him down the straightaway, pulled up next to him and just veered hard left into em, sending us both careening into the wall at full blast. It was wrong, but so funny. :dopey:

You really should take the high ground.

The way I see it, the type of people who ram don't really pay that much attention to who they ram (specifically) and if you go ramming them back they have no idea that it's 'payback' and it just vindicates their belief that the game is all about ramming. The more people who don't ram period, the more people might get the idea that you don't need to to have a good game.

Also, there's a lot of cannonball ramming taking place too and you just don't know if the guy who you think rammed you was the real culprit. Racing at Suzuka and the final esses is a perfect example. Someone coming from last can easily cause the frontrunner to go off if they hit someone behind them.

Personally I just expect to be rammed so don't get too riled up and still enjoy my time online and then when I get a race where enough people are driving 'properly', I really really enjoy myself.

Does anyone know what's up with the people with the Ferrari 430s that have their name show up in gold? I think they got the 430 that is in the teammate race somehow. Did they modify their game.dat file on their PS3? If so, I assume you can also get the black mask GT-R. I searched and I couldn't find anything on it.

gold430.jpg

You really should take the high ground.

The way I see it, the type of people who ram don't really pay that much attention to who they ram (specifically) and if you go ramming them back they have no idea that it's 'payback' and it just vindicates their belief that the game is all about ramming. The more people who don't ram period, the more people might get the idea that you don't need to to have a good game.

Also, there's a lot of cannonball ramming taking place too and you just don't know if the guy who you think rammed you was the real culprit. Racing at Suzuka and the final esses is a perfect example. Someone coming from last can easily cause the frontrunner to go off if they hit someone behind them.

Personally I just expect to be rammed so don't get too riled up and still enjoy my time online and then when I get a race where enough people are driving 'properly', I really really enjoy myself.

I dont just go get revenge on every car that hits me...only maybe 1/3rd the cases of me wrecking are caused by rammers. But if someone comes up to me on a straightaway and just nails me into the wall, then I know it was on purpose. However, I never said in my post that I always get revenge by ramming back. 9 times out of 10, I simply find ways around them so they can't ram me then I just drive off, and sometimes I'll find ways to make them hurt themselves, like when they try coming close to me, I'll brake check them so they hit me and get a penalty. Or if they're blocking me, I'll make them take a bad line into a turn, or make them forget about the turn all together and watch as they overshoot the turn and I drive by.

Back