NBA 2012-13 Offseason Thread

• Thread starter Stavingo
  • 449 comments
Yeah well I can do with reports saying it's done, now I actually wanna see a Lakers vs. Miami match :lol:
Not just yet, man. Lakers still needs to learn to play together. It's a brand-spanking new team. Miami's clicking already, and addition of Ray Allen would help ANY team, and instantly.

I can wait until next spring just fine. :D

Edit: Also, Chris Paul deal was "reportedly" completed, until David Satan Stern turned it over(NBA owned the Hornets then). That trade would have helped the Lakers more than the addition of Nash + the Howard trade IMO. 👎

Not just yet, man. Lakers still needs to learn to play together. It's a brand-spanking new team. Miami's clicking already, and addition of Ray Allen would help ANY team, and instantly.

I can wait until next spring just fine. :D

True that, I can wait for the NBA season as well.

Now, if only they updated the rosters on NBA 2K12 :lol:

And Stav: It's not officially a done deal, but reportedly, it is.

Yeah, sorry. I may have jumped the gun a little on the "Done deal" link re-name. :lol:

And after the fiasco that was the CP3 trade to the Lakers, I can't see Stern blocking this one.

Heard a rumor that D12 WON'T sign an extension. 1 and done possibly.
That would make sense why Lakers give up very little. Oh, well. They'll worry about it next year. :dopey:
And after the fiasco that was the CP3 trade to the Lakers, I can't see Stern blocking this one.
Well, now he has very little power to. Like I said, last time, the league controlled the Hornets ownership. In anyone's eyes, that trade was on-par with what the Clippers gave up, if not better.

League could not block this Howard deal, unless on technicality(salary match, legality, etc.). Of course, with that many teams involved, this wouldn't be the first deal to fall apart on technicality.

This should be a season to watch, with the new Super Lakers, the Who The Hell Do I Guard Heat and the Vengeful Thunder all romping across the league, and for me personally the Younger And More Exciting Raptors.

Dwight will take his talents to the south beach or to the Celtics.

Miami cannot afford to sign him. I doubt he'd go to Boston either. I think its more likely the NBA has a lockout than D12 going to either of these locations.

Blitz24
Miami cannot afford to sign him. I doubt he'd go to Boston either. I think its more likely the NBA has a lockout than D12 going to either of these locations.

Celtics need a center, Allen left they have money to offer he can play with Rondo. Why not?

Celtics need a center, Allen left they have money to offer he can play with Rondo. Why not?

Probably the same reason he didn't want to go to Chicago, or to Houston, or to Los Angeles. Because he'd be living under the shadow of another great and wouldn't be able to start his own dynasty. I am not arguing that he shouldn't go to Boston (likely will not though as the Lakers can afford him and Dallas will be in play), but he has an attitude issue.

Gasol
Artest
Howard
Kobe
Nash

If these guys could mesh, if they take advantage of their size, they could potentially beat Miami. I had already declared 2012~2013 Season over, but this trade might have made it game again. :embarrassed:

You are forgetting the OKC Thunder in your picture for the 2012-13 season. The newly constructed Lakers are still going to have all kinds of issues with the Thunder. There is not a combination of players on that Lakers team that can handle the trio of Durant, Westbrook, and Harden; the Lakers perimeter defense is still awful. Perk was brought in specifically to handle centers and Howard falls into that group that Perk is good at guarding.

You are forgetting the OKC Thunder in your picture for the 2012-13 season. The newly constructed Lakers are still going to have all kinds of issues with the Thunder. There is not a combination of players on that Lakers team that can handle the trio of Durant, Westbrook, and Harden; the Lakers perimeter defense is still awful. Perk was brought in specifically to handle centers and Howard falls into that group that Perk is good at guarding.

With Howard and Gasol, OKC's paint game is going to be highly challenged with almost every trip. In a series against LA now for OKC, they are gonna be jump shot or die team now.

OKC has it's work really cut out for them now. Nothing's worse than a seemingly reinvigorated Kobe with the 4-time NBA defensive champ.

Howard.Bryant.Nash in the same team? :love:
We might just see some of the greatest NBA playoffs ever this year. Im already eagerly awaiting a Lakers- Thunder rematch but this time in the west conference finals. They should probably go 1 & 2 seeds in the season.

So excited for this season! That Lakers Thunder final should be for conference finals not just the west. That'll be the biggest matchup for me in NBA history!

Kobe won't be such a ball hog because I'm sure he can trust Howard and Nash with the ball.

I was psyched to see this lineup til I saw some of Kobe's highlights from the Olympics. Holy crap, talk about being past your prime for those turn around 3s.

Kobe will definitely need to share the ball next season, else he will be the downfall of the team.

The advantage for the Lakers now is that they can sit Kobe out more earlier in the games and really use him Quarter 4. He can be a starter but Nash can sub for Kobe all day long. Its going to be the LA-OKC-MIA show all season long with some assist from Spurs, Celtics.

USA USA USA!

So Argentina found out that no, they cannot beat the USA.

Same story as before, close game for the first half, then USA goes beast mode for the second half. I wish the media would stop chalking up Argentina as a serious threat to us. They're has beens. It's about time a new generation took over for them.

As for Spain, good luck.

Thunder, along with the 28 other teams werealready out of the NBA picture after the NBA Finals. After Ray Allen joined the Heat, barring key injury, it was game over for the next season as far as I was concerned.

As far as Lakers having issues, only issues they will have against Thunder is in how this new Lakers team play together. I agree that Lakers perimeter is still weak. They still need to trade in Artest for someone more like Ariza. As for Perkins, I totally share sumbrownkid's sentiments. And he is COMPLETELY correct on the OKC's potential for becoming a jumpshot team, and that will get you only so far in the Playoffs. But again, they never had a chance against Miami anyway. Nobody did. I won't say it'll be impossible to beat the Lakers, because Dallas actually did it to Miami before, and Thunder's build share some similarities to Dallas. But I still say it's a loooong shot, and they still won't beat the new Heat.

Lakers have been dysfunctional last couple of seasons, and that needs to stop now. Kobe needs to give the key of their offense to Steve Nash. Nash is one of just handful of point guards in the league who can make his team & teammates better. Combination of basketball I.Q., passing and the ability to nail shots(so defense respect him) makes him just as important of addition to the team as Howard, if not more. But again, guys like Dwight, Artest, and to a degree, Gasol, they all need to put their ego aside, play to win, which is to play as a team.

I just hope Nash doesn't get older this year. If Nash is still able to perform, if the team respect him, unlike OKC Thunder, this Laker team could go all they way. They will need a quality wing at 3 though. I was hoping Barnes would be that guy last season(or two??), but IMO, he was a bust. :crazy:

How could D.Ho go to the Lakers? What about all the small market teams?

Here's the Lakers over the past month:

"Sorry, Jack, we couldn't get D. Ho, so instead we got Steve Nash."

1738398_o.gif

"Ok, ok, we got D. Ho."

8339_original_YesJackNicholson.gif

:lol:
Lakers have been dysfunctional last couple of seasons, and that needs to stop now. Kobe needs to give the key of their offense to Steve Nash. Nash is one of just handful of point guards in the league who can make his team & teammates better. Combination of basketball I.Q., passing and the ability to nail shots(so defense respect him) makes him just as important of addition to the team as Howard, if not more. But again, guys like Dwight, Artest, and to a degree, Gasol, they all need to put their ego aside, play to win, which is to play as a team.

I just hope Nash doesn't get older this year. If Nash is still able to perform, if the team respect him, unlike OKC Thunder, this Laker team could go all they way. They will need a quality wing at 3 though. I was hoping Barnes would be that guy last season(or two??), but IMO, he was a bust. :crazy:
I think that's the nicest thing I've read about Ms. Nash from you. Brings a tear to my eye. :P

Dallas will probably do well, but I will be focused on Nash this season. Which will be hard because to support Nash getting a ring, I have to support I'm-the-hero, past-his-prime Bryant getting one. It also means if he gets one, it becomes incentive for D12 to stay.

Hopefully, season just goes well for the Mavs to remain a good candidate for D12 & CP3 since we'll have the cap space. Front office just needs to approach the deals better than they did Deron.

I hope that old hag can still play. :P

I wish Dallas well, but they really messed up this off-season. I do hope they land quality star or two to play alongside Dirk next year. 👍
Here's the Lakers over the past month:
You need to find one when Jack was about to snap, when Hornets/NBA/Stern reneged on sending Chris Paul to the Lakers! :guilty:

I hope that old hag can still play. :P

I wish Dallas well, but they really messed up this off-season. I do hope they land quality star or two to play alongside Dirk next year. 👍
They've got to do it next year. Dirk has a full 82 game season now, so I know he's definitely going to be dedicating more time to his shot now that the season isn't jam-packed. Even then, he's got a new wife, 1-3 years left, & it will depend if Mayo, Brand, Collison, & Jones step up.

I'm sure Kaman & Dirk will find chemistry with Marion, Wright, West, Carter & Beaubois doing their thing, but those previous 4 are definitely going to have become major factors for us.

They've got to do it next year. Dirk has a full 82 game season now, so I know he's definitely going to be dedicating more time to his shot now that the season isn't jam-packed. Even then, he's got a new wife, 1-3 years left, & it will depend if Mayo, Brand, Collison, & Jones step up.

I'm sure Kaman & Dirk will find chemistry with Marion, Wright, West, Carter & Beaubois doing their thing, but those previous 4 are definitely going to have become major factors for us.

You better hope Dirk drains his shots, because the Kobe+Howard+Gasol combo is not gonna make it easy for you guys. Especially now that Nash is at point, so Kobe can be playing as a pure scorer now.

The only thing missing for LA is Phil Jackson.

I just hope the Hornets improve on their record from last year :lol:

I hope the Raptors can sneak in an 8 spot appearance.:crazy: I think Bargnani will have to start rebounding.................... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest Posts

Back