New Release Date Discussion

• Thread starter sUn
  • 1,153 comments
NK
I sincerely hope that our US/related cousins get the same updated version that appears to be heading for PAL countries, it would be a great shame for you to get a translated Japanses version...

ntsc is a ntsc is not a pal ;)
i'd bet on a simply translated Japanese. version ;)

Now I'm just awaiting what changes they made to the US version. Lets hope for a few more American cars and a few of the minor errors corrected (like the 4wd Lightning thing).

One minor (very minor) concern (now that I stopped celebrating):

As was discussed previously in this post, in the U.S. games are usually shipped from the manufacturer to the retail distribution centers on Mondays. On Tuesday the game is shipped from the retail distribution center to the retail stores. Depending on the proximity of the store to the distribution center, some stores will have the game on Tuesday while most receive them on Wednesday. Monday February 21st is a holiday (President's Day, hence no mail). Will we see GT4 on the 22nd, 23rd or 24th.

The entire above statement is moot of course if retailers receive their shipments one week early as they probably will with such a large release.

Just felt like typing. Thanks.

GT4 Gets U.S. Release Date
Finally, a solid date is pinned down.
By David Clayman

February 2, 2005 - Yesterday we posted the European release date for Gran Turismo 4 and today you can mark your calendars because we have finally received confirmation on the US launch. Sony Computer Entertainment America has announced that the game will hit store shelves on February 22, two weeks before the European release on March 9th. This is good news for racing fans that saw this game delayed numerous times in 2004.

Gran Turismo 4 has already sold over one million since it was released in Japan in December. The game expands on the franchise by adding a career mode, a Photo mode, and more detailed car customization. As a whole the series has pushed more than 38 million copies worldwide. Obviously, expectations are high for the latest installment.

thats teh article from ign.com

FINALLY!!!! We know when it's due... hoping that we get the enhancements that the PAL version is getting. Given the proximity of the release dates, i'd be surprised if there weren't enhancements to the NA version... AND we should get more... after all, the last official North American wide release of GT was GT3... no concept, no prologue, no demos (Toyota demo was only released stateside)... we love our GT just as much as the rest of the world, so here's hoping PD finally throws us a bone ;)

Off topic but, im new here, and i tried to start a new thread with about the U.S. relesase and its not up yet, does it take long for a new thread to appear on the main page?

Ya corps, that's what I meant. You said it better. THis is great that it's coming out before my spring break. From March 7-15th I will be planted in my cockpit.

BmoreRavens04
Off topic but, im new here, and i tried to start a new thread with about the U.S. relesase and its not up yet, does it take long for a new thread to appear on the main page?
One you are a new member and there are 3 major threads on Release Dates on the first page now. After the jpn release their almost a dozen thread asking the release date for PAL and US and the mods want to keep that from cluttering the site. This thread might be sticked instead of a new one created.

If we don't get garage battles in the US version I'm gonna go over to japan and wallop KY on the head with a textbook, then burn his fingernails off with a soldering iron, then ask if he will please give us garage battles. That's my plan at least.

Is this really the official release date? Werent all the other ones official too? Im too afraid to get excited again only to be let down. :guilty:

i'd say it's definately real. especially considering the game is already out in other countries. now we just gotta pray we have additions from the japanese version

Wahoo! comes out the week before my spring break .. that tv is NEVER going to be turned off. Yay!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Well, if you guys noticed, the official guide was always slated for release on Feb 22...maybe prima games knew something we didn't. I was going to guess the game was going to come out around then, but didn't want to get flamed...haha.
Regardless, PD/Sony have a LOT of explaining to do!

Edit: garbage! looks like practically every store has a diff. date for the guide now...oh well.

Latest Posts

Back