New Release Date Discussion

• Thread starter sUn
  • 1,153 comments
CAMAROBOY69
Is this really the official release date? Werent all the other ones official too? Im too afraid to get excited again only to be let down. :guilty:

There was only 1 other official release date from SCEA for Dec 2004. Seeing as the game is out in Japan and PAL is confirmed as well... i think the feb 22 date is pretty solid.

no pal will officially be released the 9th of march but we get some additional cars and some extra's offcourse.

When I read it good, the US release date is already 22february?

That will be nice that you gonna have it before the PAL pals and can take some photos of the additional cars like the 300C HEMI

Feb 22 thats over 2 weeks earlier than PAL, so I wouldnt feel too confident you will be getting the same updates, plus the press release seems to be the same old dribble as the Japanese version. Maybe Sony US are just doing a straight conversion and bug fix to get it too the public quicker?

Im sorry but I will laugh my head off if we (PAL) get the 300C and the US doesnt... Then I will feel sorry for you.

VIPERGTSR01
Feb 22 thats over 2 weeks earlier than PAL, so I wouldnt feel too confident you will be getting the same updates, plus the press release seems to be the same old dribble as the Japanese version. Maybe Sony US are just doing a straight conversion and bug fix to get it too the public quicker?

Im sorry but I will laugh my head off if we (PAL) get the 300C and the US doesnt... Then I will feel sorry for you.

You don't know how much that would not surprize me, as much time as they've taken on this whole game and we wouldn't even get the bloody SEMA winner even. HA, I'm going to wait and see what everyone else gets before I buy it.

The Jag and the Auto Union are two very influential cars in different aspects of American automobile history, even though they are not American made or designed. The Jaguar alone reinvented how a Sportscar looked over here.

But hey, KY said he made the game for himself, so thatÂ’s why Japan doesnÂ’t even have 2 player garages.

222 My new, favorite number!

nightkid86
If we don't get garage battles in the US version I'm gonna go over to japan and wallop KY on the head with a textbook, then burn his fingernails off with a soldering iron, then ask if he will please give us garage battles. That's my plan at least.

I will hold him down for you.

Apollo
But hey, KY said he made the game for himself, so thatÂ’s why Japan doesnÂ’t even have 2 player garages.

lol Im sure KY has 2 player garage racing plus other modes we alll want.

VIPERGTSR01

Did you forget the fact that the NA version will only be translated to English, while the PAL version is being translated to 20+ languages? You seriously think they spent 2 months translating it to English and didn't take the time to add anything? :D

So you will laugh if we don't get that huge underpowered boat that is the 300C??? - I'm really hoping it didn't get added!!!! I'm sorry you will have to wait more. :crazy:

I would be much more pleased with more BMW models or even the new Viper SRT-10, the Chrysler ME Four Twelve or the Shelby GR1 in the NA version.

Attachments

• chrysler.jpg
    chrysler.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 18
  • cobra.jpg
    cobra.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 16
  • newviper.jpg
    newviper.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 18
bmw5150
So you will laugh if we don't get that huge underpowered boat that is the 300C??? - I'm really hoping it didn't get added!!!! I'm sorry you will have to wait more. :crazy:

I mean I will laugh because its an american car (I know they are sold in europe) and we dont even get them in Australia. Not because I think everyone wants it so bad.

and I dont think they are translating 20+ languages maybe 5 or so.

Sony confirm yesterday that GT4 will hit the stores on February 22 and Europe on March 9th...................i just see it today at IGN......................

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Im on work vacation for the release!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bmw5150
I would be much more pleased with more BMW models or even the new Viper SRT-10, the Chrysler ME Four Twelve or the Shelby GR1 in the NA version.

The Shelby GR1 looks awesome, it would be an awesome addition. The Viper coupe is soooo much sweeter than the convertible.

All I have to say is if we get a rebadged Japanese version GT4, I'm not buying it. I'd rather wait 2 more weeks and import one from europe with the extra cars and 2p garage battle. It doesn't take 2 months to translate a game... There better be some changes.

sUn
That's agreeable. I think PD will give us 1 or 2 unique *american* cars.

Doubt it, the game is less then 3 weeks away... I think they would have released which cars are on the American version. I mean look at the PAL version, over a month away, and they knew about a week ago that they were getting some extra cars...

Liquid Li0n
Can you give us an official link from SCEA?

Official BS

Press Releases

For Immediate Release

GRAN TURISMO™4 FOR PLAYSTATION®2 WILL LAUNCH FEBRUARY 22, 2005 IN NORTH AMERICA

The Worlds Highly Successful Videogame Franchise Returns With The Most Comprehensive Racing Experience Built To Date

FOSTER CITY, Calif., February 2, 2005 Sony Computer Entertainment America announced today the February 22, 2005 North American release of Gran Turismo™ 4, available exclusively for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system. Based on the worldwide best-selling racing videogame franchise that has sold more than 38 million units worldwide, Gran Turismo 4 continues to push the technological capabilities of PlayStation 2 to serve as a realistic driving simulation, with broadcast-quality graphics and realistic car physics that exceeds past Gran Turismo titles. Developed by Polyphony Digital Inc., Gran Turismo 4 features the largest selection of cars ever provided to gamers, including more than 700 automobiles, encompassing 80 manufacturers worldwide and representing historically significant vehicles up from the first classic car and muscle cars to modern day concept cars. In addition to the vehicles, Gran Turismo 4 features more than 50 courses, a new GT career mode with more than 200 championship races, an all-new Photo mode, highly detailed car customization, and many other gaming options for the auto enthusiast.

Following a successful launch in Japan on December 28, 2004, Gran Turismo 4 has sold more than one mil lion units to date. With the highly anticipated release in North America, Gran Turismo 4 is expected to be one of the best selling titles for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system in 2005. The manufacturer suggested retail price for Gran Turismo 4 will be $49.99 (U.S.) / $69.99 (Canada).

"With the successful history of the franchise and high consumer anticipation from videogame and racing fans worldwide, Gran Turismo 4 further demonstrates its mission to provide the most authentic driving simulation available for PlayStation 2 in the marketplace," said Susan Nourai, director, product and online marketing, Sony Computer Entertainment America.
"Gran Turismo 4 will extend above and beyond just pure automotive racing, providing a unique destination for automotive and PlayStation 2 enthusiasts to enjoy car culture in every dimension."

The independent Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) has rated
Gran Turismo 4 "E" for Everyone. For more information about the ESRB visit www.esrb.org .

About Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.
Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. continues to redefine the entertainment lifestyle with its PlayStation®game console and the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system. The PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system is set to revolutionize the home entertainment market, offering the most compelling interactive content and the capability to be used as a network terminal in the coming broadband era.

Recognized as the undisputed industry leader, Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. markets the PlayStation game console and develops, publishes, markets and distributes software for the PlayStation game console and the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system for the North American market. Based in Foster City, Calif., Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. serves as headquarters for all North American operations and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

# # #

Do you guys read previous posts or pages? The source from SCEA has already been linked before and the release date was yesterdays news, already mentioned several times before on this thread. just wondering...

JasonX
Do you guys read previous posts or pages? The source from SCEA has already been linked before and the release date was yesterdays news, already mentioned several times before on this thread. just wondering...

Valid point....but with the new release date just being announced yesterday, I think Europhia has set in & now every topic is getting a response & causing mass hysteria in everyone in their attempt to keep up to date on all the late breaking news here at GTPlanet.net!....I mean just look at how fast topics from a few days prior to the release date are coming back up to the 1st. page...it would take superhuman powers to read every page of every thread here! :)

SimRaceDriver
Valid point....but with the new release date just being announced yesterday, I think Europhia has set in & now every topic is getting a response & causing mass hysteria in everyone in their attempt to keep up to date on all the late breaking news here at GTPlanet.net!....I mean just look at how fast topics from a few days prior to the release date are coming back up to the 1st. page...it would take superhuman powers to read every page of every thread here! :)

You are right, It are so many pages from 100posts each, when you finished reading all those post and press refresh you can keep on reading :) and finally you haven't the time to post anymore.

SimRaceDriver
it would take superhuman powers to read every page of every thread here! :)

I would agree with you, but unfortunately, the title of the thread that JasonX is talking about is titled Its official, NA Release = Feb 22nd . I mean seriously, that has nothing to do with "going through hundreds of posts". Its right freaking there

I think the GT4 Europe release was pushed forward a few days due to Nintendo DS Release date is the 11th, GT4 Original date.

I think thats why it was pushed forward a few days ;)

Hypoxiaicon
I think the GT4 Europe release was pushed forward a few days due to Nintendo DS Release date is the 11th, GT4 Original date.

I think thats why it was pushed forward a few days ;)
Well, atleast they did the right thing đź‘Ť
No more delays please! :bowdown:

Back