New to the GTP_WRS? Introduce yourself

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,039 comments
Hi, i'm Matthew from Malta. Playing GT series since GT3 and bought GT6 last week. I use a DS3, clean and fast player i can say, always aids off (only abs 1 since i use DS3...). Will try to do my best in the first 2 TT (Renault&M3 Gt) to enter in a WRS race.

Hi there! I am Edward from the Netherlands and have been playing GT since I believe it was GT3. Always with the controller, but finally decided to buy a steering wheel last week. A whole new world of experience has opened up to me. It has definitely made the game more realistic and fun! I regret it that I did not make the decision anytime earlier... But hey it is never too late, right? :)

I have been reading on the GTP forum for a while and it has made me want to join the WRS and see where I end up in the TT.

Hope to see you all out there on the track during some nice and clean races!

Hey there, I'm Paul from the UK. I played GT2 when I was young, but GT4 was the first GT that I truly played and loved. I was interested in joining WRS for GT5, but never got around to it, and now GT6 is out, I'm determined to give it a go.

I actually ran my own GT5 league for a bit, it was good but only lasted a couple of seasons.

Very impressed with GT6 so far, and I'm very excited to give this well known league a go. I use no assists except ABS on 1, and I use a Logitech DFGT.

See you out on the track :P

Hello from Melbourne, Australia.

I'm not necessarily new to the WRS... I drove back in the GT4 days :P

But after quite a long hiatus I'm looking forward to getting back in the scene, now I have a wheel and proper setup it should provide some good fun! :cheers:
Welcome back, nice to see you here. 👍

Aren't you the guy who had a video of winning a race at HSR driving one of the Chapparals in reverse? :lol:

Hi JP here, had a break of about 3.5 years, trying to refresh the ole noggin on what I'm doing this time round.

EDK
Welcome back, nice to see you here. 👍

Aren't you the guy who had a video of winning a race at HSR driving one of the Chapparals in reverse? :lol:
Thanks, my god that was some time ago :lol: I'm amazed you remember that!

By some bizarre coincedence, I've just filmed the same thing but driving a Tesla Roadster :crazy:

And of course welcome to all newbies/old timers returning! :cheers:

Hi everyone, I am Phill from the UK.

Had every Gt, and love racing, but have never had the time to do anything like this. Looking forward to giving it a go, and you will need someone to prop the table up!

Using a very old and tired Driving Force Pro, which currently resides on an old ironing board ;) ABS on 1.

Will see how it goes.

Thanks, my god that was some time ago :lol: I'm amazed you remember that!

By some bizarre coincedence, I've just filmed the same thing but driving a Tesla Roadster :crazy:

And of course welcome to all newbies/old timers returning! :cheers:
Too funny.

I tend to remember some odd anecdotes, but that video definitely left an impression. I just remember thinking, "Who is crazy enough to think of doing that to begin with"? :lol:

They did an electric car comparison on the US Top Gear, which admittedly is not the greatest show. But one of the presenters figured out how to turn off the reverse speed limiter in the Nissan Leaf he was driving, and got it up to 60 MPH or something silly like that.

Also remember that you ran some of @Jake 's stuff with us. Found this, not sure if you ran more or not, he put up a couple of race series as well.

EDK
Too funny.

I tend to remember some odd anecdotes, but that video definitely left an impression. I just remember thinking, "Who is crazy enough to think of doing that to begin with"? :lol:

They did an electric car comparison on the US Top Gear, which admittedly is not the greatest show. But one of the presenters figured out how to turn off the reverse speed limiter in the Nissan Leaf he was driving, and got it up to 60 MPH or something silly like that.

Also remember that you ran some of @Jake 's stuff with us. Found this, not sure if you ran more or not, he put up a couple of race series as well.

I'll have to look that up, sounds even more hilarious because it's a Leaf :lol:

I followed Jake around with his series' but never posted unless I had great splits! I think he even ran his own forum at one stage, those were the times...

Anyway I'm looking forward to this new game's weekly challenges, and hopefully I'll be somewhere near your division once more :cool:

Hi, I'm Kado from Seattle, USA. Been looking for some good close racing and have yet to run WRS. I use a G25 since the days of GT Prologue. Finally made a GTP tagged account and will represent it, funny thing I had wanted to do WRS in GT5 but didn't partly because of that requirement meant starting a new game:dunce:.:lol:

The name's Kristof, part time Green Hell photographer/touristenfahrten driver.
Can't really say I'm new here but it's been a while since my last WRS event in GT5.
I'm going to get some work into the qualifier next week to get back into these competitive time trials.

ps3logokl4.jpg

:: GTP_Weekly Race Series ::

gtpdk9.jpg

New to the GTP_WRS? Introduce yourself!

goeierdbf7.jpg

Say hi to the WRS community
I'm AZassassino I'm new 2 GTP I've been a fan of gran turismo since I was 6 and I want 2 hone my skill so I can be a dominate racer offline and online

I guess ill say hi. Im a Canadian Formula 1600 Driver, and i always participate in the Academy. Iv been running With TPRA for the last two years and im just looking for more of a challenge, and from what i have seen so far i hope ill find it here :D.

I remember seeing your username too hehe, welcome in WRS! my psn is Mike_Peperni
you will have good and fun competition here, and like mohit said if you are regular you will improve, some of the fastest driver take part in the WRS.

And lot of them share techniques and setup 👍

Welcome all!

Can't really say I'm new here but it's been a while since my last WRS event in GT5.
I'm going to get some work into the qualifier next week to get back into these competitive time trials.
Nice to see another familiar face. 👍

You were part of the Prologue crew as well, right?

EDK
Nice to see another familiar face. 👍

You were part of the Prologue crew as well, right?
Nope, started early on in GT5, duking it out with Gravitron and many others in D3.
I see @Gravitron has moved up quite a bit 👍

Welcome to all new and old returning guys! :gtpflag:
Welcome back fellow countryman and namesake. :)
I'm AZassassino I'm new 2 GTP I've been a fan of gran turismo since I was 6 and I want 2 hone my skill so I can be a dominate racer offline and online
Welcome to the WRS.
Please do take note of these rules at GTPlanet.
You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, “2”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.

I remember seeing your username too hehe, welcome in WRS! my psn is Mike_Peperni
you will have good and fun competition here, and like mohit said if you are regular you will improve, some of the fastest driver take part in the WRS.

And lot of them share techniques and setup 👍

Welcome all!

HAHA thanks im surprised two people know me, iv been trying to get back into sim racing since my accident

WOOW:

It twas, car was sinking in mud. i blacked out when i started flipping
So are you still rehabbing injuries and not able to race? Or is it just that racing in Canada is a 6 months of the year sport?

I'm spoiled here, I mentioned a 72 degree day at Laguna last weekend in another post. But I know it's hockey season right now for a reason for you guys. ;)

Haha
EDK
So are you still rehabbing injuries and not able to race? Or is it just that racing in Canada is a 6 months of the year sport?

I'm spoiled here, I mentioned a 72 degree day at Laguna last weekend in another post. But I know it's hockey season right now for a reason for you guys. ;)

HAHA you have me a bit jealous, and i suffered from sever headachs when sitting in front of a screen for too long, but im good now. Also while you may be able to race on tarmac all year, i feel sorry you cant race on ice ;)

HAHA thanks im surprised two people know me, iv been trying to get back into sim racing since my accident

Yeah, I recognized your username from the leaderboards instantly. Glad to see you're ok and I hope you enjoy your time in the WRS. :cheers:

Back