New to the GTP_WRS? Introduce yourself

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,039 comments
Don't think I ever posted here to do a formal introduction...I'm Jon, I'll be 41 next month and I'm currently enjoying the weather in Michigan. I'm British by birth and lived in the UK until 2005 when my wife and I moved to Australia where we lived until 2012, when we moved to MI, now with 2 kids in tow. Work (car industry) and a healthry desire to progress my career has been responsible for the moves.

I've been racing GT titles since 1998, interspersed with GPL on the PC. Started WRS time trials in wk8 of the GT5 trials and haven't looked back since. I don't get as much time as I want to run the events (not many people do I guess), but I enjoy it immensely. I'd love one day to run one of the Wednesday evening races...one day!

Many of you know me anyway, but hello to those that don't!
:gtpflag:
Every time someone says they live in Michigan, I can't help but wonder if they live near me..

:lol: I understand why you think like that Joe as I used think the same when people said they were in Australia, but seriously, I can drive for 12 hours and not leave the state - this place is HUGE!

As it is, I'm in Canton just east of Ann Arbor so only 2.5 hours from you, give or take 👍

How's the lake effect treating you guys lately?:)
Worse for Joe I suspect

Could be worse. You could live near Buffalo.

B2wQ7-wIcAEnzt3.jpg

Apparently that pic is not even close to the worst of it :lol:

Greetings All,
I am 46 years old, live in Texas and retired due to a medical disability. I have lurked the forums here since the days of GT4 and only became a GTP member prior to the release of GT6.

My medical condition makes writing (putting my thoughts into written/ typed coherent sentences) difficult and time consuming. My short term memory is also effected so I may require a little longer or need a few more repetitions before new information "sticks". Because of these reasons I don't have a lot of experience using social media or playing online so I am sure I will make some stupid mistakes until I get familiar with how things work.

With that out of they way back to the racing stuff...

I love all forms of motorsport and I have enjoyed Gran Turismo since discovering GT4 thanks to my kids. I think that each version of GT since then has had less and less focus/ content for career mode. I quit playing GT6 after completing it (ver 1.03) in Jan planning to revisit latter additional content was released.

I came back ~ 1 week ago and completed everything as of ver 1.12. Rather than be upset about the game I decided I would change how I played the game.

Greetings All,
I am 46 years old, live in Texas and retired due to a medical disability. I have lurked the forums here since the days of GT4 and only became a GTP member prior to the release of GT6.

My medical condition makes writing (putting my thoughts into written/ typed coherent sentences) difficult and time consuming. My short term memory is also effected so I may require a little longer or need a few more repetitions before new information "sticks". Because of these reasons I don't have a lot of experience using social media or playing online so I am sure I will make some stupid mistakes until I get familiar with how things work.

I love all forms of motorsport and I have enjoyed Gran Turismo since discovering GT4 thanks to my kids. I think that each version of GT since then has had less and less focus/ content for career mode. I quit playing GT6 after completing it (ver 1.03) in Jan planning to revisit latter additional content was released.

I came back ~ 1 week ago and completed everything as of ver 1.12. Rather than be upset about the game I decided I would change how I played the game.
Welcome:cheers:. I think you'll find that this is so much better than racing mindless AI;)

Welcome RuddRacer. You found the perfect place.
As a long time lurker you probably already know the format: New time trial combo every week and 3 online races based on that combo. Most people do bit of both, some people just run time trails.
Besides that there are special events most weekends.
The next one coming up is really cool. It combines everything you like about the career mode with real human (for the most part) opponents.
Check it out here - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...reer-championship-next-event-23rd-nov.316571/

Greetings All,

Welcome Rudd. You are at the right place :gtpflag:

Welcome RuddRacer. You found the perfect place.
As a long time lurker you probably already know the format: New time trial combo every week and 3 online races based on that combo. Most people do bit of both, some people just run time trails.
Besides that there are special events most weekends.
The next one coming up is really cool. It combines everything you like about the career mode with real human (for the most part) opponents.
Check it out here - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp-wrs-3d3-gt6-career-championship-next-event-23rd-nov.316571/

To clarify, my familiarity with the GTP site has mostly been limited to the seasonal events and tuning sections. I am not familiar with the WRS and online areas.

I guess I'm still fairly new so should probably introduce myself. I'm Ben, a nearly 30 year old living in Rugby which is in the Midlands of the UK.

I married my now wife Nikki earlier this year and have an 18 month old son with her (he's my excuse for any lack of commitment to the WRS :D)

I've loved GT since the very beginning but never really got into it as much as I have now. GT6 is the first time since the start that I've owned a wheel but now I want to get good, I'll probably never achieve it but if i can I'd like to reach D1 in the WRS eventually. We'll see how that goes if a 2nd child appears eh! :scared:

Last edited:
Its time for me to introduce myself here.
Im Christian im 25 years old and im from Trier in Germany (which is 50km away from the Ring which is awesome).
Currently im living in Münster though which is a bit further away. I live here together with my girlfirend and using my free time for GT :)

I started playing GT because of her because she knew about GTA and bought me a ps3 and a wheel to compete.

Why would she do that?

Because i was driving Kart since i'm 5 years old and did win a lot but i was never able to compete on international level because of my familys financle problems and two divorces in my childhood.

Last year i managed to win a wildcard for GTA. And competed in the nationals. I didnt quite made the cutoff so im trying again this year.

Thats why i am here to improve my TT skills and also having fun with you guys and your awesome combos :lol:

I'm back.:)

It has been a while ago since I visited this place and almost 5 years since I joined here. So it's probably time for me to introduce myself. :P
Firstly, about my name. When I joined this forum I was a bit self-conscious about my name, I thought it was girly. So one time, a long time ago when GTPlanet still had an active chatroom, someone asked me my name and I changed the one letter. Forgive me, I was only 13. :embarrassed:
My name is actually Lesley. I'm 18 years old now, from the netherlands. I have been into racing for as long as I can remember, probably since the age of 3. My first experience with GT was at 10/11 when I looked on the internet for a realistic racing game and I came across gran turismo 4. Since then I just fell in love with the game. I've tried other games since, but the one thing that stands out with gran turismo is this community. I can't say I haven't missed it, so I'm just glad to be back now. Hopefully I can keep it up, but I won't spend as much time on here as I used to.

For now I'll start with time trials to see where I'm at and I'll probably get back online soon as well.

Happy racing and a very belated happy new year.:gtpflag:

I'm back.:)

It has been a while ago since I visited this place and almost 5 years since I joined here. So it's probably time for me to introduce myself. :P
Firstly, about my name. When I joined this forum I was a bit self-conscious about my name, I thought it was girly. So one time, a long time ago when GTPlanet still had an active chatroom, someone asked me my name and I changed the one letter. Forgive me, I was only 13. :embarrassed:
My name is actually Lesley. I'm 18 years old now, from the netherlands. I have been into racing for as long as I can remember, probably since the age of 3. My first experience with GT was at 10/11 when I looked on the internet for a realistic racing game and I came across gran turismo 4. Since then I just fell in love with the game. I've tried other games since, but the one thing that stands out with gran turismo is this community. I can't say I haven't missed it, so I'm just glad to be back now. Hopefully I can keep it up, but I won't spend as much time on here as I used to.

For now I'll start with time trials to see where I'm at and I'll probably get back online soon as well.

Happy racing and a very belated happy new year.:gtpflag:
May I call you Les? I'm so used to typing you as a 3 letter name. :lol:

Great to see you back, just in time for your academy eligibility. :mischievous:

EDK
May I call you Les? I'm so used to typing you as a 3 letter name. :lol:

Great to see you back, just in time for your academy eligibility. :mischievous:
Of course, Kev.:D

GT academy was part of the reason to come back, but I plan to just carry on after it. But yes I'm all set now, got my drivers license as well. I just hope the TT is on the PS3.

I was away for about 9 months, due to work. I was only able to download the updates from time to time and check out the new cars ;) Now I am recovering from an accident at work and there is finally some time to get back racing again.... So good to see there are still new people joining, and 'older' ones that are still here or make a comeback aswell.

I was away for about 9 months, due to work. I was only able to download the updates from time to time and check out the new cars ;) Now I am recovering from an accident at work and there is finally some time to get back racing again.... So good to see there are still new people joining, and 'older' ones that are still here or make a comeback aswell.

Bazinga!!!!

Every time someone says they live in Michigan, I can't help but wonder if they live near me..

I only live maybe a few hours from you in Adrian. I also used to live in the same area as @Carlos Fandango does. (Canton, if I remember correctly where he lives, which is a very western suburb of Detroit. @Carlos Fandango I also used to live in Westland, Garden City, Romulus, Linkin Park, and Plymouth as well as Canton.

Hey guys, some 35yo GT series enthusiast from mid-europe here, promissing to be as fair driver as possible, anyway, have lack of skills to become a "Big gun" of motorsport, but thats okay, the most important thing is to have fun. :)

My name is Miro and i wanted to start to be active here on GTP also from day 1 of GT6 release, but YLOD on my yeOld PS3 was against. :D meanwhile i bought a PS3+GT6 combo on sale so i could come back to my Wheel. But i totally forgot about GTP (well, was waiting to buy the stuff like for half an year). Yet now i am here and i would be pleased to find some friends here to chat, compete (TT's are my fav mode) with others, to be active as time allows me. My all-time fav car is Nissan "the Godzilla" GT-R.

See you all maybe some time on the track.

Hi guys, here's a new French GT enthusiast! I love clean and realistic racing, and I keep trying to improve my driving. I'm also interested in Parity Racing since it's an opportunity to not finish last for sure, as I'm not the fastest guy on track! :P Would be a good complement to TT and more 'real' races.

See you guys on track! ;)

Back