New to the GTP_WRS? Introduce yourself

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,039 comments
Hi New to online forum racing not sure how it works but keen to get involved

Looking for some good racing online not the fair ground bumper car stuff I’m finding on Sport racing within GT Sports

If there’s a race season going I’d be very interested in joining so any info would be much appreciated

Thanks
Rossi

Hi New to online forum racing not sure how it works but keen to get involved

Looking for some good racing online not the fair ground bumper car stuff I’m finding on Sport racing within GT Sports

If there’s a race season going I’d be very interested in joining so any info would be much appreciated

Thanks
Rossi

Welcome.

May I suggest you have a browse around the two threads we have for the WRS. One for time trials and one for weekly on line races.

For a starter on how to join up go to the link posted on the previous post.

Any questions just ask :cheers:

Hey everyone!

So I'm not a new face to GTP by any stretch, but have not graced the threads of WRS with my presence until very recently.

Hope you all are as welcoming as the rest of the forum, look forward to seeing you in lobbies some time soon!

New or not you are very welcome and that was a great opening shot in your first TT :cheers:

Hey GTPers, I joined the forums a couple of months ago. Some of you may have seen me around. I have really enjoyed the community.

Decided I would register for the WRS this morning. The TT seems it could be fun and I like that I can run them when I have time. Doubt I will get to do any WRS races, due to my work schedule.

Look forward to improving my skills and seeing if I can turn times as fast as some of you :D

Hey GTPers, I joined the forums a couple of months ago. Some of you may have seen me around. I have really enjoyed the community.

Decided I would register for the WRS this morning. The TT seems it could be fun and I like that I can run them when I have time. Doubt I will get to do any WRS races, due to my work schedule.

Look forward to improving my skills and seeing if I can turn times as fast as some of you :D

Great to have you along and welcome to the WRS family :cheers:

Hey @Argon, I want to make sure I understand the rules before I submit any times. 2 wheels on the ripple strips and 2 in grass is safe right?

If you ever watch the super fast guys :bowdown:, they almost always have 2 tires in the grass and 2 on the rumble strips, took me a couple weeks after watching them to start doing this myself. You would hardly ever do this in a real race, but it is faster here in GTS.

I joined in week #1 this season and now I never play any other modes in GTS. Can not believe how much fun this is, and how much I have improved.

Welcome to the WRS. :cheers:

If you ever watch the super fast guys :bowdown:, they almost always have 2 tires in the grass and 2 on the rumble strips, took me a couple weeks after watching them to start doing this myself. You would hardly ever do this in a real race, but it is faster here in GTS.

I joined in week #1 this season and now I never play any other modes in GTS. Can not believe how much fun this is, and how much I have improved.

Welcome to the WRS. :cheers:

Thanks @Never2fast1! That's how I usually run too.

So far, I am enjoying the WRS. It is challenging and I like that. Not sure I understand if I need to post replays or not though, as a rookie.

I still plan to run Sport Mode, I do enjoy it. Just maybe not as much as before.

Thanks @Never2fast1! That's how I usually run too.

So far, I am enjoying the WRS. It is challenging and I like that. Not sure I understand if I need to post replays or not though, as a rookie.

I still plan to run Sport Mode, I do enjoy it. Just maybe not as much as before.

Yes, you will need to post your first 3 event replays. It is so easy to post replays in GTS that I just post mine every week, but on the leader board when the results post it will say if you need to post replay or not.

Yes, you will need to post your first 3 event replays. It is so easy to post replays in GTS that I just post mine every week, but on the leader board when the results post it will say if you need to post replay or not.

Ok, cool. Yeah I've posted a few laps and what not before. I will probably just post every week too, just to be safe. Thanks for the help!

Ok, cool. Yeah I've posted a few laps and what not before. I will probably just post every week too, just to be safe. Thanks for the help!

Just remember not to post replay until after results are posted. You don't want the WRS police coming after you. :lol:

Hi All , Tuesday_black aka Richard from The Netherlands here .
I have been playing GT from gt3 , and i have done a lot of races
and timetrials in gt5 and gt6 .

The name combination comes from our race group that was formed somewhere in 2006 or so ,
when we ( 6 of us ) all met for a LAN event every Tuesday evening at a friends house , and we all choose
a colour to go with Tuesday .

Current Moderator GTP_Sjaak was one of our gang those days , i believe he was Tuesday_green ( right Sjaak ? ) .
Others were Danny , Ruud , Hugo , Jan , and memyselfandfullstop ( making progress in treating my split personality issue )
When LAN over internet became available our club ceased to exist , which i still find a great pity , as
it were absolute great evenings .

The owner of the house , Jan , organized once a year a great race LAN weekend party at his home , with racers from England , Denmark , Belgium and Germany coming all the way to Holland to join in the fun .

With more than 30 people competing and socializing , and beverage arranged by a catering company it was a fabulous event each year , and was always concluded with announcing the winners of the weekend , almost as official as in f1 .

Great memories .

Hoping GTS will bring me as much fun and exitement again .

The name combination comes from our race group that was formed somewhere in 2006 or so ,
when we ( 6 of us ) all met for a LAN event every Tuesday evening at a friends house , and we all choose

Current Moderator GTP_Sjaak was one of our gang those days , i believe he was Tuesday_green ( right Sjaak ? ) .
Others were Danny , Ruud , Hugo , Jan , and memyselfandfullstop ( making progress in treating my split personality issue )
When LAN over internet became available our club ceased to exist , which i still find a great pity , as

The owner of the house , Jan , organized once a year a great race LAN weekend party at his home , with racers from England , Denmark , Belgium and Germany coming all the way to Holland to join in the fun .

With more than 30 people competing and socializing , and beverage arranged by a catering company it was a fabulous event each year , and was always concluded with announcing the winners of the weekend , almost as official as in f1 .

Great memories .

Great to have you back onboard!

Great memories .

Hi Mops,
Tuesday_Green was Jan,I used the Tuesday_Blue tag.

Hope to see you soon on the WRS leaderboards.

Back