New to the GTP_WRS? Introduce yourself

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,039 comments
Hi, it's been nearly 7 years since I first posted in the WRS so I thought I'd better refresh.. I'm Dan/GTP_Fastas____ and I'm an infrequent gamer. I'm very much a winter player and with the nights drawing in and more time on my hands, I hope to get a few runs-out. I'm hoping to run a couple of sessions every other week until I find something better to do with my time, I'm really looking forward to it!

I ran week 92 and surprised myself as I have not played for about a year. I just made the mistake of looking at the past few months event combo's and now I'm salivating, see you in wk94.

Hi
I would recommend this forum to anyone that likes their racing and wants to improve.
I am nowhere near the 'fast' guys but the online series is helping me find out why and making me a faster driver in the process.
There is always someone with an answer when you reach a point of:banghead:
Thanks for your help so far and :cheers: to all as we aim to go 'faster'

Been playing driving simulators since TOCA touring cars on the PS2. Not played for a couple of years and was in a pistonheads Sunday league for a couple of years. Just bought a G29 and really enjoying it again.

Started on the 512BB and having a great time trying to get as close as possible to some of the division 2 drivers. Division 1 chaps are stupidly quick.

I have done a fair bit of track driving for real in a e36 M3 and lotus Exige and it is quite amazing how close the tracks are to real life.

Welcome @Rex218 to WRS! It's a blast here with some great guys here who are all very fast! We all look forward too seeing how you do in future TTs and WRS races! :cheers:

Just had a look at the "My Results" bit of your signature. I am struggling to get the splits with the way described on the forum as the replay does not show the split in the middle of the screen as described. What is the best way to get the splits.

Also how do I post in the My results section. Sorry to be a bit of a noob, but would like to post up my efforts.

Please ignore post. Hot it sorted now.

Last edited:
Just had a look at the "My Results" bit of your signature. I am struggling to get the splits with the way described on the forum as the replay does not show the split in the middle of the screen as described. What is the best way to get the splits.

Also how do I post in the My results section. Sorry to be a bit of a noob, but would like to post up my efforts.

Please ignore post. Hot it sorted now.
I was just about to answer your question but it looks like you got it all figured out in the Boxing Ring thread!

WRS is the place to improve your speed, you will start to notice you will get faster if you work at it. Its totally worth it

Last edited:
Hi , joined up and have completed one tt and one race now :) not the fastest but had fun ...still need to put time in for 103 best s1 27 still finding it hard to get up the hill ! When do promotions get done ?after i have complete 3 tt 's?

Hi , joined up and have completed one tt and one race now :) not the fastest but had fun ...still need to put time in for 103 best s1 27 still finding it hard to get up the hill ! When do promotions get done ?after i have complete 3 tt 's?

Well done on those first results 👍 WRS is about learning of each other and having fun. I think you will get a divisional placement after 3 TT results are official, usually exactly 1 week after your third TT result. After that, you need a minimum of 5 or 6 official TT's in total to be eligable for promotion. Once you are past that number, each TT result will be a possible promotion moment, depending on what your handicap is.

For more questions about the handicap and WRS I advise you to read this thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-frequently-asked-questions-faq.338387/

Welcome to the fun :gtpflag: The WRS is the best place to learn to become quicker as everyone is always helpful with tips and things. I started with the first event of GT6 and, without taking part in the WRS, I would be seconds a lap slower than I am now and, in some cases, probably tens of seconds slower. Regarding the current TT, yeah that is the hardest part of the lap

I'm a bit late (two weeks to be precise) but I might as well anyway.

Hello everyone! I've entered a few online racing series before but never a time trial one. I'm here to improve on my time trial runs as I currently get dominated in qualifying, and with GT6 online dying out I think it's a good time to do so before GT SPORT. I've currently entered two time trials and am yet to appear on a race lobby, and in those two time trials I've improved massively, going from 21st to 6th, and currently 3rd in sectors in week 109.

I'll just copy-paste the introduction about myself I already posted on the WRS time trial...I didn't see this thread.

Hi everyone, I just joined GTPlanet and I'm willing to take part into these time trials to improve myself.
I was sim-racing regularly since 2009 (I was fast but not an alien at all), then last year I had to stop cause of other things in my life...
Last Sunday I had the opportunity to pass some time with my wheel and I'm making a commitment to get back and the best way to do it is joining this vast and helpful community.
Moreover I'll use this opportunity to get better at english language...so, I apologize in advance ;-)

Having just completed my first WRS Time Trial, I'll introduce (or re-introduce) m'self.

I'm NoQuarter aka Ed. I've actually been on GTP since 2002, and was a member/mod/admin over at Kenji's granturismo.com forums (the GTF) before Sony bullied the domain away from him.

I ran the first Formula GT Championship for GT3 (verified by Sharkport), and ran the Board Challenge 6 at the GTXf (resurrected from the old GTF). Along the way met up with guys from the old RaceLine forums, the Gran Turismo By Numbers, a couple of German/European and several other Gran Turismo forums that all appear to have gone by wayside.

Not the slowest nor the fastest; my one claim to fame is I once (and only once) beat CudaMan at an online GT5 race (Ferraris at Deep Forest) that was 5 laps of Naugahyde sucking terror.

With the demise of all the other GT related forums, I'm back to do some WRS Time Trials, maybe some online races, and awaiting GTS.

Hi all,
Thought it was about time that I joined up. Love a good time trial and to be able to compete with other on here was too big of a carrot to pass. Really looking forward to see where I fall in the big realm of things as it is really hard to know based on the other leaderboards that are provided.
I was surprised to get the message that I was already registered, clearly Fetchy is one smart bot. So off to race I go.

Hi all,
Thought it was about time that I joined up. Love a good time trial and to be able to compete with other on here was too big of a carrot to pass. Really looking forward to see where I fall in the big realm of things as it is really hard to know based on the other leaderboards that are provided.
I was surprised to get the message that I was already registered, clearly Fetchy is one smart bot. So off to race I go.

Welcome to the WRS :gtpflag:

Hey everyone, I'm Espial, or Miko in RL. I'm new here although I am a veteran of several racing games (mostly PC). I like the idea of the Time Trials and an occasional race or two. I'm also trying to compete in the FIA Test Seasons with more or less (recently less...) success.
Looking forward to competing with you guys :)

Back