New to the GTP_WRS? Introduce yourself

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,039 comments
Hi everybody, it's Michel from Switzerland.

I joined WRS last week and am quite pleased with my (still unofficial, will share my replay as soon as I get a chance) result at the Samba Gazoo. It's already obvious that this is a very good and fun way to learn tracks and generally improve one's driving skills. Once I'm placed in a division, I'd like to try some races as well.

Not sure how much time I'll be able to spend on this in the long run, but right now I can spend some. :cheers:

I joined WRS last week and am quite pleased with my (still unofficial, will share my replay as soon as I get a chance) result at the Samba Gazoo. It's already obvious that this is a very good and fun way to learn tracks and generally improve one's driving skills. Once I'm placed in a division, I'd like to try some races as well.

Not sure how much time I'll be able to spend on this in the long run, but right now I can spend some. :cheers:

Great to have you along and am glad that you enjoyed your first TT. Never feel under pressure to do one every week, we all have lives and things will always take priority. Of course if you can show up then all the better and please do sign up for some of our incredibly well organised and run races. Our OLR team put a lot of effort into making sure everyone has good, clean and fun races. :cheers:

Welcome Michel!

Totally forgot / overlooked this thread, but here I go.

Hi ! My name is Bas, a 40 years young family man from the town wich hosts the Dutch Moto GP.
Liking GT sport a lot, got over the seemingly unfairness sometimes and now concentrating in really getting better at this.

Only had Forza 3 on the Xbox offline. So this is my first olr game i've play'd.
Other hobby's are scale modeling, slotcars , getting on a mtb once in a while and visiting the local track on several occasions.
Anny questions? Just ask !

Totally forgot / overlooked this thread, but here I go.

Hi ! My name is Bas, a 40 years young family man from the town wich hosts the Dutch Moto GP.
Liking GT sport a lot, got over the seemingly unfairness sometimes and now concentrating in really getting better at this.

Only had Forza 3 on the Xbox offline. So this is my first olr game i've play'd.
Other hobby's are scale modeling, slotcars , getting on a mtb once in a while and visiting the local track on several occasions.
Anny questions? Just ask !

Hi Bas

Completely missed sight of this thread :banghead: I guess an introduction is due, so here I go!

I'm an italian, almost 30-year-old guy, who's been playing GT since the first days on the PS1, even though I completely missed the PS3 era (money was an issue). Now that I bought a PS4 about a year ago, I had to get back on my favourite game's train, and bought GT Sport. I found out about the WRS TT thanks to @Koutch_Pro after winning the S-FR in the daily workout rewards, incidentally during the related WRS week, thus decided to give it a try and joined in. I'm not a fast driver by any means, I lack experience and I play with a DS4, hopefully this will also help me in becoming faster!

Have fun everyone! :cheers:

Hi everyone, very new to GTPlanet, found myself here for some fun and friendly competition! So I’m slowly finding my way around.

My names Ben, 28, from California. Pretty new to sim racing but not racing. It is incredibly challenging and fun!

Looking forward to the community and partaking in races!

Welsome to the WRS Ben! That's a great handle you have there :lol:

Any questions then just ask :cheers:

Completely missed sight of this thread :banghead: I guess an introduction is due, so here I go!

I'm an italian, almost 30-year-old guy, who's been playing GT since the first days on the PS1, even though I completely missed the PS3 era (money was an issue). Now that I bought a PS4 about a year ago, I had to get back on my favourite game's train, and bought GT Sport. I found out about the WRS TT thanks to @Koutch_Pro after winning the S-FR in the daily workout rewards, incidentally during the related WRS week, thus decided to give it a try and joined in. I'm not a fast driver by any means, I lack experience and I play with a DS4, hopefully this will also help me in becoming faster!

Have fun everyone! :cheers:

Welcome Strax, good to have you along :cheers:

Hi everyone.

I’ve just joined WRS. Been around GT Planet for a while, following GT news. Then started posting my 2 cents here and there in the Driveclub section.

I’ve been playing (regulary) GT games since GT2. (Skipped GT3 and spent very little time with GT1). It is part of my teenage years and my most fond memories.

About my gaming background, I was a hardcore trophy hunter untill recently. I decided to stop trophy hunting and start paying much more dedication to the “fun part” of games. That’s why I decided to join WRS. To have fun with a game that I love.

I’ll try my best to put some decent lap times while dodging grown up responsabilities (wife, kid, work).

Edit: in time:I’m 37 and I’m from Brazil.

See you around. Cheers.

Back