New Update Is Coming 05.09.19

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 195 comments
Mid-month updates are usually just bug fixes. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

That being said, there's some screenshots of new road cars popping up on Twitter. But I would imagine that's for the end of the month update.

Oh I see, so Poliphony Digital has power over the F1 schedule? Didn't know that.

SPA wouldn't get released until the end of the month. If F1 can have the race the next day and not be disrespectful, how is releasing the track a month after any worse?

Naive about what?? You just created a empty issue out of thin air.

If you think PD releasing Spa is disrespectful perhaps F1 should have not raced after the death of a F2 driver.

Man.

I don't think anything, I'm saying that Poliphony Digital, the studio born in Japan - know the place? Know the mindset of Japanese people regarding death and loss? - and that did a whole Senna tribute with the producer announcing it in a moving and sensible fashion, a tribute designed to be respectful and touching, won't ever, ever, release a racing track less than a week after a young driver died on it.

And if you think that people wont jump right in trashing Super Formulas with ART livery on the Raidilion over the YouTube the minute the track gets released you clearly need to be introduce to this thing called internet. It has other thing called YouTube where thick people sometimes publish despicable things, such as videos recreating racing crashes on video games.

And if you think that people wont jump right in trashing Super Formulas with ART livery on the Raidilion over the YouTube the minute the track gets released you clearly need to be introduce to this thing called internet. It has other thing called YouTube where thick people sometimes publish despicable things, such as videos recreating racing crashes on video games.

And? Yeah people are gonna do silly and disrespectful things all the time. I could go on Suzuka with a Marussia livery and crash my car into the wall. So what.

How is delaying SPA going to stop that?

Man.

I don't think anything, I'm saying that Poliphony Digital, the studio born in Japan - know the place? Know the mindset of Japanese people regarding death and loss? - and that did a whole Senna tribute with the producer announcing it in a moving and sensible fashion, a tribute designed to be respectful and touching, won't ever, ever, release a racing track less than a week after a young driver died on it.

Honestly you cant even do those things in GT because there is no proper damage physics neither can npcs be killed if your car drives out of the fence which itself never happens as I said because of damage and car physics.

A lot of the stuff you are talking about gets replicated in GTA. You have people replicating 911 and other awful stuff you have mods where you play as Hitler.

Last edited:
Here is a (wishful) angle.

A while ago, it was known that PD had Spa modelled and ready for release, pending licensing issues. The most common theory for the absence of Spa in the recent update is that the licensing issues simply were solved too close to the update, and therefore too late to be added.

Due to this, could it be possible that it is indeed included this time around?

I'm still expecting a simple bug fix patch, but, who knows :D

You're getting your numbers mixed up. That disaster happened in 1955 had killed 84 people (83 spectators and 1 driver).

Yeah your right I got the numbers mixed up all this time I thought it was 55 casualties

Is that the Spar store at Lytham / Southport?
upload_2018-9-5_17-56-34-png.763920

Let's all agree that anyone that tries to recreate any incident that resulted in a drivers death is a terrible person. Same goes for anyone trying to seek out videos of that nature. I'd like to think the GT community is above that.

Saw this earlier:

But these things not go in this small update. Sadly.

So, Is not spa in there, but maybe a New feature?? Or am I reading too much into this post?
Way too much - because you're reading what's not there.

People are worrying about what other people are going to recreate with the Spa circuit, but since we have no indication that Spa is in this update it's not something that needs to be discussed in the thread for this update.

Man.

Hubert has been racing for Arden this season not ART. It's probably not the most important point but there are some nice livery replicas under trending.

I'm not expecting anything big out of this other than a few bug fixes and other refinements. Maybe they'll add a volume control for wet weather effects. The wet surface sounds can be a bit grating at times.

Back