Next Gran Turismo Will be a 'Combination of Past, Present, and Future'

A separate Chat module that support 32 members.
24 to 31 opponents ( 25 to 32 cars on track )
Stronger and Better AI
On-Line VR ( even if it's limited to 8 drivers and reduced visual levels )
More world Circuits
Better Balance of Performance of the cars within a group
Better Penalty system

For me GTS has fundamentally changed how I see and play racing games.

Racing against AI seems so arbitrary now. It is set up so you can win, and if you can't in one car another will do it, or you make some mods to beat people, or you learn the adaptive AI tricks, avoiding what triggers them to "cheat" by doing insane catch up and cornering speeds.

I want complex to drive cars that require certain techniques to get the most out of them. (Kaz speaking about the physics recently makes me worry the game won't move forward much here)
I want tracks that are great for racing on in technical terms, not just a wide variety of interesting looking locations to drive around until I get bored.

So many racing games including GT you enter, you win, you progress, you get new cars. Repeat.
GTS broke the cycle, I now prefer racing against humans even if they are better than me (They usually are better than me). It should be a racing sim, not an ego massaging sim!

How I wanted the GT of old when GTS was released. I picked it up 6 months later in a sale. Yet now I don't care about what is missing, sure add more tracks, more cars but what I want is more online modes, knockout competitions, leagues, types of racing. More ways of playing against people online. If they do that with a bunch of new content for GT7 they could make e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ most people happy.

Racing the AI in "Gran Turismo" has been arbitrary, not racing AI in general. The AI are very good in other games/sims. Let's hope they can up their game in this department, I don't see why not due to it being done by just about every game that has surpassed Gran Turismo in terms of AI, physics and FFB.

I as well as you get reluctant when I hear Kaz say he's proud of the physics. Yeesh.
And let's get away from making tracks as smooth as glass. Bumps and elevation changes SHOULD disrupt the balance of the car. It's half the fun for crying out loud.

Last edited:
A few people brought GT PSP and Kaz had a go.

I know right, someone made a post on Twitter with a picture of Kaz playing GT PSP, seems normal enough, but the cool part is, if you zoom close enough you can see Kaz is playing on Deep Forest. My theory is that the man who brought his PSP had already selected the track for Kaz to play on and so this guy was simply trying to say: "Yo, we didn't forget about this track, maybe it's time to put it into GT Sport." In other words, he said what was basically written on this GTP post, fans have not forgotten about the old relics and Kaz himself said, according to the interview, he rarely plays old GTs and often forgets about the past.

I know right, someone made a post on Twitter with a picture of Kaz playing GT PSP, seems normal enough, but the cool part is, if you zoom close enough you can see Kaz is playing on Deep Forest. My theory is that the man who brought his PSP had already selected the track for Kaz to play on and so this guy was simply trying to say: "Yo, we didn't forget about this track, maybe it's time to put it into GT Sport." In other words, he said what was basically written on this GTP post, fans have not forgotten about the old relics and Kaz himself said, according to the interview, he rarely plays old GTs and often forgets about the past.

I understand Kaz to be a very busy person, but I doubt he's that forgetful. I get him not remembering certain nuances that made early entries in the GT series so memorable since those games came out 15-20 years ago, but he did acknowledge the development of Deep Forest for GT Sport in a late 2017 interview. At the time, he cited technical challenges with bringing that particular track to current gen specs. Will we see it in GT Sport? Hard to tell. But if I had to put money on any of the originals returning, Deep Forest seems the most likely to make the cut given the confirmation that it's been in at least some phase of development (again, per that 2017 interview).

Last edited:
- Classic original circuits.
- Increase the cast of world circuits.
- Add modern sports cars.
- Weather and dynamic climate.
- Add tuning (motor, wings, fenders and spoilers)
- Intelligent Artificial Intelligence.
- Spa.

The next full GT (probably not GT7 but rather GT8 (in keeping with tradition)) should have:
- the entire track lists from all GT, redesigned to PS5 standard
- all the standard cars and missing premium cars from all past GT, redesigned to PS5 standard
- weather and time change for most tracks
- track designer feature
- all the features and functionalities in GTS cranked to 200%
- more tuning although I don't care for it
- offline career mode
- online races available and refreshed on a frequent basis
- VR

For me GTS has fundamentally changed how I see and play racing games.

Racing against AI seems so arbitrary now. It is set up so you can win, and if you can't in one car another will do it, or you make some mods to beat people, or you learn the adaptive AI tricks, avoiding what triggers them to "cheat" by doing insane catch up and cornering speeds.

I want complex to drive cars that require certain techniques to get the most out of them. (Kaz speaking about the physics recently makes me worry the game won't move forward much here)
I want tracks that are great for racing on in technical terms, not just a wide variety of interesting looking locations to drive around until I get bored.

So many racing games including GT you enter, you win, you progress, you get new cars. Repeat.
GTS broke the cycle, I now prefer racing against humans even if they are better than me (They usually are better than me). It should be a racing sim, not an ego massaging sim!

How I wanted the GT of old when GTS was released. I picked it up 6 months later in a sale. Yet now I don't care about what is missing, sure add more tracks, more cars but what I want is more online modes, knockout competitions, leagues, types of racing. More ways of playing against people online. If they do that with a bunch of new content for GT7 they could make e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ most people happy.

Although what you state above is true, but I have never let that fact get in the way, and I have always played GT with the personal goal in mind to first enjoy the game by constantly improving my skills and time...
To this day I have never been bored with any of the GT game...

Man, I'd love a Gran Turismo collection comprised of the GT1-GT6 titles. Likely just a pipedream, though. Maybe I'll get motivated and re-buy a PS1 and PS2 for the first four main titles.

See what I wrote above...
This needs to be a formal wishlist for Kaz/PD to start working on it PRONTO

You never know. I recall Kaz said the standard cars from GT5 & GT6 would be carried over to the PS4 eroa of Gran Turismo.

HOPEFULLY they are still working toward that goal, as evidenced by their monthly added cars....

It's a constant effort is my guess

You never know. I recall Kaz said the standard cars from GT5 & GT6 would be carried over to the PS4 eroa of Gran Turismo.
Didn't he say the opposite?

Either way, they have a pretty decent selection of near-futureproof assets for them to take from. I seriously doubt they'll bring back standard cars.

Bumps and elevation changes SHOULD disrupt the balance of the car. It's half the fun for crying out loud.

THIS! When people posted a video comparing Fuji with real life, the video of GTS seemed so calm whereas the real life one had vibrations and wind and the road had little imperfections and undulations and it all felt alive. If they could model bumps in the next one it would go a long way.

To this day I have never been bored with any of the GT game...

Me too, long may it continue!

Everyone expecting the next GT to combine the best elements from GT Sport and numbered GT titles should tread carefully. Why? GT6 was meant to improve on GT5, but in many ways it didn't succeed. Partly thanks to various GT5 features being reimagined for the worse in GT6.

Past experiences like that make it difficult to assume that PD will tackle the next title with the no nonsense approach many seem to take for granted.

The notion here that Kaz had "forgotten" some of the qualities in older GT titles makes me even more worried PD will stumble and fumble again.

Last edited:
Just tap up that nerd Famine who wrote the GTPEDIA book - he's got literally everything required to run every game from every region, on any TV, with a 100% gamesave for each, and it all goes into an easy-to-ship flight case.

(I could literally bring you a complete GT history in a case, consoles and all; I could even bring a complete [PAL-only] head-to-head GT4 LAN in a single box)

I'm curious: the GT history-in-a-case, did you acquire them as they were released or did you have to go "well known auction site" hunting to complete the set/collection?

I really hope it has a complete single player and huge car library with an online like GT Sport. Also VR support from day 1 pls.

A Sport Mode regular series, would be fantastic in these classics. I loved the Lupo Cup at Fuji.
micraimages (1).jpeg
images.jpeg
images (1).jpeg
images (2).jpeg

As someone who played the original GT games and pursued a career in Motorsport, I can tell you that the two have a very strong correlation, but I can't say the same about GT Sport. Gran Turismo, for myself and many others, was never about FIA sanctioned racing series. Gran Turismo was an interactive celebration, a love letter to the automotive world that constantly encouraged its players to explore the industry and learn about the intricate pieces that together unite people from all over the world. Gran Turismo 4 was about learning the history of cars; GT Sport is about getting purple lap times. It's a dispassionate approach to a series that introduced and continuously fueled so many people's love for the automotive industry and encouraged many of us to pursue our passions in our lives. Gran Turismo made me fall in love with the Skyline GT-R. Gran Turismo introduced me to the 'Ring bug. Gran Turismo encouraged me to try the odd, to explore the crazy and appreciate the rare and un-ordinary in a world over saturated with ordinary, sensible vehicles. GT Sport has none of that magic.

Gran Turismo will always be the digital gateway drug that got us all addicted to cars. GT Sport is nothing more but a means to an end. If Kaz believes he can bring the series back to what made it great, then I am all for it.

Last edited:
Ai and solo exprience doesn't require ressources
You're not the same guy on Twitter who told me that the PS4 CPU doesn't calculate anything, are you? (Apparently the CPU doesn't calculate anything, the game code does. Quite what he thought the game code runs on I do not know?!). Every last little thing the PS4 does requires resources.

Thoughts in general:
-CarRPG is great and addicting to progress but it has to be a separate thing from competitive/official online components (have all cars available in the online whatever mode and have another mode where you bring your tuned RPG car etc)
-Racing modifications need to come back as well as parts. Tuning races are great.
-people need to stop expecting a "remaster". Racing games suffer a lot from licenses. It's not bad hoping for some cars and tracks to return in full glory though
-GT games follow lots of trends of various kind of racing/events. Top Gear stuff, WRC, NASCAR etc even tour ! So i hope they set in stone some fun ones (i can imagine drift events with pro drifters to GT3 drivers putting you some challenges and tips (watching David Perrel is an inspiration). I wished we had some more Lewis Hamilton lap guide.
-Dynamic and all kind of weather need to be thete

Oh yes! I miss the Lupo Cup Cars from the older Gran Turismos.
Would be nice if they would add the C1 Endurance Racing into the next GT:

citroen-c1-challenge-c673h.JPG
What if those were actually older Minis instead? Wouldn't it be more fun? Rofl. :lol:

All I ask for in the next GT game is a proper career mode like GT3/GT4, a decent car list, a larger track list, an optional Sport Mode and all the other features that make GT great. Basically all I'm asking for is a modern Gran Turismo 4 with different cars and tracks.

This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Andrew Evans (@Famine) on July 2nd, 2019 in the Gran Turismo Sport category.
This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Andrew Evans (@Famine) on July 2nd, 2019 in the Gran Turismo Sport category.

As I’m sure others have said;
All the tracks, how I miss Grand Valley, Trail Mountain, etc.
More cars, ‘94 Civic and Aston v8 Vantage (top speed sleeper).
Weather and time, I used to run the best LeMans 24min lobby, day to night with rain coming in during the race.
I’d take custom displays over VR, like being able to put the radar where I want on the screen when in cockpit view would make it a lot better (I project a 130” screen), in the bottom right is just dumb.
Triple screens would be great, 1080p is fine for each screen.
Pedal feedback, and add-ons for at least Thrustmaster.

I am the donkey and VR racing is the carrot. Doing laps in VR is super enjoyable, however I remember hearing the rumours of 16 person VR racing that never came to be, or it was being played through some pc instead of the ps4. Still, I hope ps5 can bring the goods.

Thoughts in general:
-CarRPG is great and addicting to progress but it has to be a separate thing from competitive/official online components (have all cars available in the online whatever mode and have another mode where you bring your tuned RPG car etc)
-Racing modifications need to come back as well as parts. Tuning races are great.
-people need to stop expecting a "remaster". Racing games suffer a lot from licenses. It's not bad hoping for some cars and tracks to return in full glory though
-GT games follow lots of trends of various kind of racing/events. Top Gear stuff, WRC, NASCAR etc even tour ! So i hope they set in stone some fun ones (i can imagine drift events with pro drifters to GT3 drivers putting you some challenges and tips (watching David Perrel is an inspiration). I wished we had some more Lewis Hamilton lap guide.
-Dynamic and all kind of weather need to be thete
Just turn the fictional race cars (Gr 3, Gr 4, etc.) into their road cars' Racing Modification versions. Actually new Gran Turismos are pretty much remasters of the previous games (except RM for GT3 onwards), but with new features.
GTPlanet should just print this thread, and hand this to Kaz the next time you see him,tell him these are requirements for PD to work on for the next GT release...

They listened to us for the BMW E30...
Nah not gonna work, PD may not read English well (probably the reason PD is so 'detached' from English speaking fanbase).

Back