On which plattform do you think/do you want GT6 to be released?

• Thread starter ch3ng
  • 636 comments

PS3 or PS4?

• I want a PS3 release, but think it'll be on PS4

Votes: 167 28.1%
  • I want a PS3 release and think it'll be released on PS3

Votes: 200 33.7%
  • I want a PS4 release and think it'll be released on PS4.

Votes: 141 23.7%
  • I want a PS4 release, but think it'll be on PS3

Votes: 42 7.1%
  • I don't care

Votes: 44 7.4%

• Total voters
Kaz said himself that Gran Turismo 6 was in development shortly after the release of Gran Turismo 5. Assumingly the PlayStation 4 didn't even exist yet*, so how can PD develop software for something that doesn't even exist?

*Maybe it exists now, but only behind closed doors away from the public.

______

Anyway I want Gran Turismo 6 to be a PS3 release because it will be more convenient for me, as I don't want to have to buy another console yet. Usually I get Gran Turismo games as soon as they are out, but if GT6 is released on the PS4 then it looks like I'll be waiting a while before getting around to buying it.

first party devs usually have the system a year or more in advance, also everything in GT5 comes from a 3D modeling program, it's not hard to output a higher quality model for the PS4, same with tracks.

I don't see any reason for it not to be on PS4, when ever that comes out. Anything they would do with a GT6 on PS3 they can just as well to GT5 through game updates.

If it is released on the rumored PS4 that's a pretty poor effort form Polyphony this generation.... One game on PS3?

Meanwhile Forza only had 3 games plus Horizon....

machschnel
If it is released on the rumored PS4 that's a pretty poor effort form Polyphony this generation.... One game on PS3?

Poor form but reality who knows maybe pd have a plan for a few games on ps4?

Poor form but reality who knows maybe pd have a plan for a few games on ps4?

I'd love to believe that, but based on past experiences I'm not holding out hope.

GT5 was meant to be almost like a beta. I accepted it's flaws and missing content because of this, knowing that it would be used as a platform for the next game.

But if they do make it for PS4, based on their track record with first games on new consoles, who's to say we wont have another GT5?

Just another silly decision if it ends up happening, but I expect nothing less form Polyphony/Sony.

machschnel
I'd love to believe that, but based on past experiences I'm not holding out hope.

GT5 was meant to be almost like a beta. I accepted it's flaws and missing content because of this, knowing that it would be used as a platform for the next game.

But if they do make it for PS4, based on their track record with first games on new consoles, who's to say we wont have another GT5?

Just another silly decision if it ends up happening, but I expect nothing less form Polyphony/Sony.

Thats the interesting thing GT5 sales were based on the reputation of previous games the question remains will that see them through for another game or will they have to work for it this time?

Japanese developers as a whole struggled last gen

One Metal Gear Solid from Konami

One Final Fantasy (not counting the two sequels which rehashed the original's content) from Squaresoft

One Gran Turismo from Polyphony Digital

One Gran Turismo was a failure no matter how you look at it. It wasnt released until 4 years into the life of the PS3 and even then it was rushed and unfinished, needing 18 months of patches to become what it should have been at launch.

i still say it should be a ps3 release 'cuz if it release for ps4 then it would not be praticle for some ps3 user

Earth
Japanese developers as a whole struggled last gen

One Metal Gear Solid from Konami

One Final Fantasy (not counting the two sequels which rehashed the original's content) from Squaresoft

One Gran Turismo from Polyphony Digital

One Gran Turismo was a failure no matter how you look at it. It wasnt released until 4 years into the life of the PS3 and even then it was rushed and unfinished, needing 18 months of patches to become what it should have been at launch.

I will go back to my last post and with what you have added I believe even more that PD will have to do something special for GT6 in order to get the brand back on track.

I cant see people being impressed if GT6 is on ps4 and not show alot more features.

GT6 (standard) will release on PS3
GT6 (premium) will be released on PS4.

Tourist Trophy 2 will be a Vita exclusive, crossplay with GT6 (premium) arcade mode and rear view mirror.

jimipitbull

Tourist Trophy 2 will be a Vita exclusive, crossplay with GT6 (premium) arcade mode and rear view mirror.

Gt6 standard and GT6 premium?

Where did you get that from? They wouldnt release a game on two systems thats just silly.

thelvynau
Gt6 standard and GT6 premium?

Where did you get that from? They wouldnt release a game on two systems thats just silly.

Lol exactly true. Its a waste of money releasing two games. It will be released on ps4.

jimipitbull

The Vita doesn't have enough power to makr crossplay possible with the PS4, if you want to make a rear view mirror.

A GT6 standard and premium would be stupid. You can't take advantage of the PS4 for better physics and so on.

GT is a systemseller that means a GT6 on PS3 and PS4 would sell less PS4 as a GT6 on PS4 only.

Poor?

GT5P might've been a demo in many ways, but it still sure counted as an individual game. And lets not forget they also released GTPSP (albeit on the PSP) in that period.

From a team as small as PD is, 1 game in 5 years is pretty good when you actually consider how much work went into some parts of the game.

So when you consider that they technically released 3 games (same as T10) with a third of the workforce (not even counting all the people T10 outsourced to) I think that's pretty impressive.

And "half the work"? Really?

So taking the poly count in each car from 5,000 to 200,000 is still doing half the work?

Even when you consider that there's a fourth of the premiums as there are standards, the poly count for the 200 premiums is WAY beyond that of all the standards. Half the work? I think not.

Poor time management? Yes, half the game is perfect for current gen (premium cars) and half of it is incomplete and lacking. But in no way half the work. They've done more work for GT5 than for any game in the past, even if it isn't complete.

It's a shame that people like you won't realize this, and simply say "Half the released games must mean they're only doing half the work! I know first grade math!" when truly there are many more variables.

Last edited:
This is not a GT vs FM discussion thread (we already have one of those) so get this thread back on topic now.

Anyone failing to do so will be getting a two day holiday from GT Planet.

GT5P might've been a demo in many ways, but it still sure counted as an individual game. And lets not forget they also released GTPSP (albeit on the PSP) in that period.

Prologue was more a paid "beta" for GT5 and not something I'd be particularly proud of. Not many companies charge you to play a beta...

From a team as small as PD is, 1 game in 5 years is pretty good when you actually consider how much work went into some parts of the game.

So when you consider that they technically released 3 games (same as T10) with a third of the workforce (not even counting all the people T10 outsourced to) I think that's pretty impressive.

That's not an excuse though - if they want a small team, that's on them. I mean GT5 only sold a meager 9 million units so they probably can't afford more workers, right?

And "half the work"? Really?

So taking the poly count in each car from 5,000 to 200,000 is still doing half the work?

Even when you consider that there's a fourth of the premiums as there are standards, the poly count for the 200 premiums is WAY beyond that of all the standards. Half the work? I think not.

I do believe there was an increase in hardware capability from PS1 to PS2 and that didn't seem to bring productions levels down. Naughty Dog don't seem to have a problem producing multiple AAA games with a high level of graphics, but they probably have a decent size workforce, right?

Poor time management? Yes, half the game is perfect for current gen (premium cars) and half of it is incomplete and lacking. But in no way half the work. They've done more work for GT5 than for any game in the past, even if it isn't complete.

Half the game is perfect... I don't thing you understand the definition of perfect.

Why don't other developers have these issues? I can think of a lot of games this generation that were released in a completed state. Using Naughty Dog again, the difference from Crash Bandicoot to Drakes 3 is somewhat noticeable....

I know first grade math!

Nice ad hominem.

If PD manages to show another teaser of something that shows a new car racing around some new tracks like the C7 Corvette & NSX videos, the I'll be convinced that GT6 will be a PS4 launch title.

Prologue was more a paid "beta" for GT5 and not something I'd be particularly proud of. Not many companies charge you to play a beta...

Ever heard of rFactor 2?

That's not an excuse though - if they want a small team, that's on them. I mean GT5 only sold a meager 9 million units so they probably can't afford more workers, right?

I never said it was an excuse. I simply stated that if you use logic, you should expect for there to be fewer games to be released by companies with less people, whether it's their choice to have fewer people or not.

I do believe there was an increase in hardware capability from PS1 to PS2 and that didn't seem to bring productions levels down. Naughty Dog don't seem to have a problem producing multiple AAA games with a high level of graphics, but they probably have a decent size workforce, right?

So that 3+ year wait from GT3-GT4 doesn't count? They may have still released 2 games on the PS2, but just barely; GT3 was at the very beginning of the PS2's life, and GT4 was near the end.

It took them a span of 1 year from GT1 to GT2. It took them 2 years from GT2 to GT3. And it took them 3 years from GT3 to GT4, and 5 years from GT4 to GT5. Once again, not hard to see that it simply is taking longer to make games at this point.

Half the game is perfect... I don't thing you understand the definition of perfect.

I'm sorry. I guess you've failed to really notice the premium cars, the tracks like SSR5, the photo mode, and even the fact that they've implemented things like the 'speed of sound' factor into the game, which is clearly noticeable whenever you're in 3rd person replay view.

Why don't other developers have these issues? I can think of a lot of games this generation that were released in a completed state. Using Naughty Dog again, the difference from Crash Bandicoot to Drakes 3 is somewhat noticeable....

Ever heard of a game called GTA V? After years of development (sound familiar?) they just pushed back the release date. (remind you of somebody else?) And this game is one of the largest selling of any you'll find today.

Nice ad hominem.

I assume you don't really understand the use of quotation marks or else you might possibly comprehend that sentence slightly better.

Due to the fact that it simply takes longer for PD to release games these days, it should be expected that GT6 will be a PS4 launch. Regardless on how upset some might be that they didn't release 2 games on one system and such.

Last edited:

this excuse is beyond old, they have the money to hire more people, it's either poor coordination/planning or sheer laziness.

this excuse is beyond old, they have the money to hire more people, it's either poor coordination/planning or sheer laziness.

Once again, I'm not saying it's an excuse. I'm simply saying that anybody with a brain should be able to comprehend that a smaller team of people will take longer to make a game than a larger team, regardless of why their team is as small as it is.

For a team their size, a game like GT5 taking 5 years seems legitimate enough.

Once again, I'm not saying it's an excuse. I'm simply saying that anybody with a brain should be able to comprehend that a smaller team of people will take longer to make a game than a larger team, regardless of why their team is as small as it is.

For a team their size, a game like GT5 taking 5 years seems legitimate enough.

Looks like PD is saving some money :)

I don't know why they have such a small team. All I know is that it isn't the end of the world if they only release one game on the PS3.

Even more so, considering that the games on the previous consoles were not able to be added to or updated. Since the PS3 has the ability to allow developers to add to, update, and change games that have already been sold to consumers, they really don't even need to make a second game for the system like they did for PS 1&2.

Got a feeling we will know in 16 days time at this 'Playstation meeting'.

Back