On which plattform do you think/do you want GT6 to be released?

• Thread starter ch3ng
  • 636 comments

PS3 or PS4?

• I want a PS3 release, but think it'll be on PS4

Votes: 167 28.1%
  • I want a PS3 release and think it'll be released on PS3

Votes: 200 33.7%
  • I want a PS4 release and think it'll be released on PS4.

Votes: 141 23.7%
  • I want a PS4 release, but think it'll be on PS3

Votes: 42 7.1%
  • I don't care

Votes: 44 7.4%

• Total voters
even more so, considering that the games on the previous consoles were not able to be added to or updated. Since the ps3 has the ability to allow developers to add to, update, and change games that have already been sold to consumers, they really don't even need to make a second game for the system like they did for ps 1&2.

got a feeling we will know in 16 days time at this 'playstation meeting'.

+1

I'm sorry. I guess you've failed to really notice the premium cars, the tracks like SSR5, the photo mode, and even the fact that they've implemented things like the 'speed of sound' factor into the game, which is clearly noticeable whenever you're in 3rd person replay view.

"Son, I'm disappointed with your exam, only 50%"

"But Dad, half of it was perfect"

Ever heard of a game called GTA V?

Yep.

Ever heard that Rockstar is developing it for two consoles and possibly the PC in the future?

Ever heard of GTA IV? Rockstar developed it for three different platforms?

Ever heard of Red Dead Redemption? Rockstar developed it for two different platforms.

Ever heard of Max Payne 3? Rockstar developed it for three different platforms.

Were you trying to prove my point?

Clearly it didn't since most of the problems with GT5 have nothing to do with the hardware. They didn't need better hardware to model more cars, they needed better management of their time and resources.

This one image demonstrates the problem perfectly:

ezejx.jpg

Is that sort of insane detail 'nice' and 'cool' when you're taking close up photos like that? Maybe. Is it necessary for the overall enjoyment of the game, bearing in mind you will never see that sort of detail in game? Not in the slightest. They spent far too long detailing cars to extreme levels that nobody would see in the main part of the game and so wasted a lot of their time.

If you have the time and huge resources to model cars to such extreme detail and still crank out a large number of them by all means go for it but PD clearly did not, and the game suffered for it.

Wow simon - I just saw this post by you.

I agree 100% - I don't give a 🤬 about this kind of detail. to be honest I really don't even mind the standard cars. - well maybe a little

I just want more tracks. I did a race tonight at London. I rarely go there because it is so small. But it was a slow night because of the game and there were only six of us.

I really couldn't help notice how good everything looked

PD needs to quit detailing headlights and brake calipers and give us more tracks.

"Son, I'm disappointed with your exam, only 50%"

"But Dad, half of it was perfect"

1. That isn't really relatable to this conversation in the respect that in reality, if a videogame was only 50% complete it would be unplayable. The truth is that the game is much more than 50% complete.

2. All the features may not be too usable with other features in the game, but the true fact is that the game is more than 50% complete and you know it. 800 standard cars may not be something we like, but it doesn't make the game "incomplete". Simply undesirable to us, maybe. But in reality, still a complete feature.

Think of it this way. PD got around a 90 or 95 on their "exam" although instead of writing all the answers out in nice complete sentences, they just sorta rushed out 2 or 3 word answers. Not the best analogy, I agree, but that should still show what I mean.

Yep.

Ever heard that Rockstar is developing it for two consoles and possibly the PC in the future?

Ever heard of GTA IV? Rockstar developed it for three different platforms?

Ever heard of Red Dead Redemption? Rockstar developed it for two different platforms.

Ever heard of Max Payne 3? Rockstar developed it for three different platforms.

Were you trying to prove my point?

That still has nothing to do with what we're talking about..?

You said "why don't other companies have this problem?"

Well, even if they develop it for more than 1 system, it doesn't change the fact that other companies experience the same thing.

Was I trying to prove your point? No. And I didn't. Because your original point was saying that PD are the only people who delay games and let the end product feel incomplete (NFS:MW 2012? Same way, lack of events compared to other games in the category, although I still love that game because in a way it just provides so much fun for its content sorta like GT3 did.)

And what about all my other points? Are they all incorrect as well?

All of this, by the way, has no relevance to which system GT6 will be released on. This is simply you being upset over the fact that PD are no longer sticking to the "two per console" strategy, which honestly isn't a big deal to me.

So this whole conversation is pretty useless and irrelevant in all ways, it's simply a person trying to talk about how 1 game from PD has deemed them useless and another user talking about how many of their points on PD's apparent downfall are invalid.

Rather pointless wouldn't you say?

I agree with Simon that they've got poor time management and poor decision making. But in the end, this game may have a sort of "unlubricated" feel but it's much more than this apparent "50%" complete that you continue to claim as some sort of point.

Last edited:
What's up with this '/thread' rubbish?

It's not funny, it's not useful and it's only there to annoy people (and increase post count).

But yes, I would want GT6 to be on PS4.
Let PD take their time to make it a good Gran Turismo again.

With PS4 (almost) around the corner, GT6 should be a PS4 game.
With the newer technology and more, let's just say power in the PS4, GT6 has potential of being a GREAT game. :dopey:

Wow simon - I just saw this post by you.

I agree 100% - I don't give a 🤬 about this kind of detail. to be honest I really don't even mind the standard cars. - well maybe a little

I just want more tracks. I did a race tonight at London. I rarely go there because it is so small. But it was a slow night because of the game and there were only six of us.

I really couldn't help notice how good everything looked

PD needs to quit detailing headlights and brake calipers and give us more tracks.

It did highlight fantastically why PD had to resort to copying and pasting so many cars. It's ridiculous because on several premium cars, the textures used for the rear lights and wheels look quite abnormal/unsightly. The MA70 Supra is one example.

It did highlight fantastically why PD had to resort to copying and pasting so many cars. It's ridiculous because on several premium cars, the textures used for the rear lights and wheels look quite abnormal/unsightly. The MA70 Supra is one example.

Never mind the fact that the detail Simon was lamenting was all contained in a texture that probably took very little time to create (relative to 3D geometry required to achieve the same effect in-game, which might be what he thought he was seeing...), and is not really impacting on anything at all except that it looks nice close-up. Not really a negative to be found in there, pragmatically speaking.

Not only is your post entirely incongruous to what you're supposedly replying to, I also have no clue what you mean about the Turbo-A. If you're suggesting that textures are better for certain kinds of detail than others, I think that's probably only to be expected. Also no real problem, just the normal video-game compromise thing.

I can't understand the hypocrisy of some people, either. Apparently saving time by making the cars more detailed than they need to be so they can be re-used again in the next "generation" of games is somehow a waste of time? Had they made the "Premiums" to a lower detail level and then "copy pasted" them over for GT6, the detail would not be enough for "next gen", and all manner of offence would be taken. The other alternative would have been to make them to two different quality levels at once, but that takes even longer.
I don't understand why some people try to apply the corporate-love-letter-to-military-efficiency flavour of running a "business" to our beloved video games as some kind of ideal, when in reality they should be given room to breathe.

Thanks to the miracle of hindsight, we can all recognise that mistakes were obviously made with GT5's development, but (and I've said this so many times) we won't know exactly what they were trying to achieve until we see GT6.

Last edited:
Ok... So now there's a chance it could be cross-platform on the Vita...

But PS3 is pretty much out of this discussion by now, despite what you want. Fact overrides opinion.

Quakebass

But PS3 is pretty much out of this discussion by now, despite what you want. Fact overrides opinion.

Facts? Was there an announcement I haven't seen?

Its never a fact until you get confirmation but on that note extremely unlikely its on ps3.

Quakebass

Crossplay with GT6 on PS4 and Vita? I doubt it.

A Sony SVP seems to think differently....

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/02/24/sonys-svp-michael-denny-says-gran-turismo-6-is-heading-to-ps3/

...not 100% but it would be an odd oversight to make.

I don't want this to make you or anybody else upset..

But it's not easy to take a site seriously when they say they're hoping that GT6 is released on the Vita.

That just.. No. That would be no sim wheel, lower level of graphics.. It just, I can't see how in the world they'd say that.

I'm not taking it seriously until I see it on an actual PlayStation site or on the GT site. I don't want 3rd party sites playing with my head anymore.

For anyone who hasn't seen, the author of the article.

tumblr_miqih4lbAK1rs4cb2o1_500.png

'Didn't elaborate'.

I don't want this to make you or anybody else upset..

But it's not easy to take a site seriously when they say they're hoping that GT6 is released on the Vita.

That just.. No. That would be no sim wheel, lower level of graphics.. It just, I can't see how in the world they'd say that.

I'm not taking it seriously until I see it on an actual PlayStation site or on the GT site. I don't want 3rd party sites playing with my head anymore.

Not quite sure why your under the impression that you would make me upset? Odd thing to say, but on we go.

I didn't say it was 100% and the article doesn't say they want GT6 on the Vita, more that a Vita specific title as the 'next GT' would be nice. Its also not the site that said it.....

“Look at the games coming out on the PlayStation 3 like The Last of Us, Beyond: Two Souls, GT6, and then on the third-party side of things another fantastic Assassin’s Creed, GTA,” SCEE’s SVP Michael Denny said in a recent interview.

...it was SCEE’s Senior Vice President Michael Denny.

Personally I don;t give a damn what platform it comes out on, only that whichever they pick they put the work into it.

Not quite sure why your under the impression that you would make me upset? Odd thing to say, but on we go.

I didn't say it was 100% and the article doesn't say they want GT6 on the Vita, more that a Vita specific title as the 'next GT' would be nice. Its also not the site that said it.....

...it was SCEE’s Senior Vice President Michael Denny.

Personally I don;t give a damn what platform it comes out on, only that whichever they pick they put the work into it.

Sorry, I was referring to a different article.

Near the bottom, there's a hyperlink to an earlier article where Kaz said he wouldn't talk about the release date. The author of the article said something like "We hope GT6 is on the Vita."

Not a big deal, it's just I'm not ready to believe it yet personally.

But I do agree that as long as their next game feels like it has 100% effort then to me it's not a big deal as to which system it comes out for.

Scaff
A Sony SVP seems to think differently....

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/02/24/sonys-svp-michael-denny-says-gran-turismo-6-is-heading-to-ps3/

...not 100% but it would be an odd oversight to make.

I agree there have been statements about which system it could be on but the link still doesnt make it a fact.

Its easy to throw statements around on which system it will be on but it shouldnt be stated as fact until its announced.

Edit: This started with Quakebass stating facts say otherwise normally I would agree but GT6 hasnt been announced so its all speculation.

I want it to be on PS3. Why? Because not everyone can fork out 600+ dollars for a brand new console at will.

But...

I think it will probably be on PS4. Because, it's the best game that they could possibly release with the PS4.

I agree there have been statements about which system it could be on but the link still doesnt make it a fact.

Its easy to throw statements around on which system it will be on but it shouldnt be stated as fact until its announced.

Edit: This started with Quakebass stating facts say otherwise normally I would agree but GT6 hasnt been announced so its all speculation.

Agreed. My younger brother also told me it's better to wait for an official announcement first, instead of believing rumors and speculating like these...

thelvynau

Could you just point out at what point I started it as a fact?. I simply pointed out that a Sony exec mentioned it in a list of PS3 games.

Even then I specifically pointed out that it wasn't 100%.

Scaff
Could you just point out at what point I started it as a fact?. I simply pointed out that a Sony exec mentioned it in a list of PS3 games.

Even then I specifically pointed out that it wasn't 100%.

Hi Scaff my apologies it was more pointed at quakebass post stating the facts when none existed I just used your link as an example.

I am using the app so I haven't figured out the multiquote.

I find it funny how literally just a DAY after I say PS3 is out of the question, there's this guy who "slips" a mention of GT6 on PS3. I think it was a mistake, likely that meant another game - an executive shouldn't be so careless on a title that big.

But what I meant earlier by "PS3 is pretty much out of the question now" is that it's extremely unlikely for both Sony AND PD to want a flagship title be released on obsolete hardware. Kaz stated that the PS4 is so much easier to develop for, and now that we know PD helped with it's conceptualization, they very well could have been the first developers to know what to code for. So they could've had GT6 planned for the next gen before anyone else even knew what to expect of it. And on Sony's side, I'd bet more than anything that they'd want to seriously push sales on their new hardware, especially after their flop on the PS3. Even with the insane price, Sony STILL lost money on the system a few years into its release. (I believe it was the Cell Processor and the new high-end blue-ray drive that was costing them at the time, but I may be wrong). And I've been seeing several people say that Drive Club will reduce sales... - I'm sorry, but just because it's another racing game, it doesn't meant its going to take away from one of the biggest franchises in the world. We aren't even certain if DC is a simulator or not, and even if it is, it isn't a track simulator.

As for Vita cross-play, I only got that idea from the Sony conference. It was mentioned that it would be super easy to port games designed for the PS4 directly to the Vita, so that's why I could see GT6 being a cross-play game. That and Kaz mentioning that he'd like to make a game on mobile hardware that can support at least a strong 3G connection.

Again, it's really hard to say now. But I'm really thinking that GT6 will be on PS4. And it could still come out on the PS3 AND PS4, y'know...

Last edited:
Kaz stated that the PS4 is so much easier to develop for, and now that we know PD helped with it's conceptualization, they very well could have been the first developers to know what to code for.

I think he called the PS4 a "blank canvas". to me, that sounds like they started with nothing.

He said that GT6 was based on the GT5 "operating system". To me that sounds like something.

I think he called the PS4 a "blank canvas". to me, that sounds like they started with nothing.

He said that GT6 was based on the GT5 "operating system". To me that sounds like something.

Which means... We don't actually know what the hell they are doing. :lol:

But it's fun to speculate. :D

Easier than "upgrading" GT5 to become GT6?

Well, that depends. If you can easily transfer GT5's coding to the PS4, then yes. But we don't know, do we?

I'd rather wait for more info to come in before I do any more speculation, but I'm still thinking PS4.

Remember, this is SPECULATION, not hard fact. But I'm basing my speculation on what I believe to be the most reliable information available.

Back