Online Event Update Coming

Discussion in 'GT5:P Online Racing' started by LinPark, Oct 27, 2009.

1. ripping_silk

ripping_silk

There is no restriction on the use of the clutch. Therefore it is not cheating.
    You do the clutching drivers a gross disservice by calling them cheats. Its unwarranted and uncalled for.
    Bad form. :tdown:

2. Reims_

Reims_ (Banned)

I'm no expert on it but if you watch Z06fun's replay from the cockpit you will hear and see the acceleration change. Someone around here might be able to divulge the secret.

How can it not be considered cheating. It's a completely unfair advantage and it's banned in competition on this site is it not?

Edit: here. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=117596

and here

Massive advantage in a Lotus Elise :tdown:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  3. Timppaq

Timppaq Premium

This is the "cheating" that can be done with G25 (maybe with G27 too):

Normal clutch usage is not cheating. It's unfair maybe, but it's allowed so it is ok. I hope auto clutch manual clutch will be separated in GT5 leaderboards :tup:

edit, I may add that you also need to press the triangle again, before next upshift if you want to have the flatshift again. When coming to a corner (downshift) leave this all out and you'll have the perfect rpm matching slowdown and don't need to worry with the clutch (--> easier). This can be testes without any special equipment, but I'vwe head that there is a mod that makes all this much easier.

4. DGiant2000

DGiant2000

Try driving with a clutch, its incredibly difficult on this game. Yes they can go faster but it requires a great deal more skill. As for cheating, GT is a simulator, many of the cars featured in it have a H pattern box and clutch, therefore - surely - using sequential paddles is cheating?

5. Timppaq

Timppaq Premium

Upshifts are the easy part. And also the ones that give the advantage. As I said, shifting down is done without clutch when "cheating", or that is the way I've understood it.

Btw, flatshifting is not possible normally with a G25 & clutch (anymore) so it was an unfair advantage and therefore it was taken away by PD. Now this is a way to gain that advantage back without the added difficulty in braking areas.

6. Reims_

Reims_ (Banned)

@ Timppaq, Thanks for taking the time to post :tup:

DGiant2000, The issue isn't the co-ordination required to drive a manual, they have, what F1 calls it, seamless shift gearbox's. It's a huge advantage in a TT event particularly with a Lotus Elise.

I'm just pissed that I've been robbed of a fair fight with my DFGT :(

7. Chadders85

Chadders85

It upsets me how many people think that using a clutch the normal way is cheating. If used properly (you know what I mean) it can be a disadvantage especially during downshifts, as opposed to flicking a paddle.

I certainly dont agree with the cheating way. It completely goes against everything I want from sim racing. I will ALWAYS sacrifice tenths for the realism of using a clutch properly.

If people are cheating in the TT's then I dont care that much because I dont usually have enough free time to endlessly set up a car for a TT and endlessly set up another car (and test) for racing, so I usually just race.

Having said that, I might give Suzuka 750pp TT a pop this time around because I dont expect busy grids for the 550pp event, and I dont enjoy Fuji that much.

8. Reims_

Reims_ (Banned)

Well to save you time I'll happily give you my tuned Elise setup. Last I looked I was 17th with a 1,56'5X but theres probably a 1,56'00 in potential.

9. Chadders85

Chadders85

Thanks for that mate. I was just thinking of revising my 111R setup that I had been using for the 700pp which was capable of 1:59.4 in that event. Obviously there is room for improvement but i'll see how I get on with it. I wont stop you posting a setup but I should have more time this month since I probably won't be racing that often.

10. Piket

Piket (Banned)

You shouldn't care that much about your exact tt positioning....The only competition in a tt is yourself and especially your weaknesses..In a race, then you compete against others.

Just my two cents..

P.S. Respect on your great GT skills.

11. Timppaq

Timppaq Premium

Thanks for the compliment, and really I'm not that bothered about exact tt positioning. But the fact is that the more we all are equally on the same line, the more fun it will be for all. :tup:

And btw, I do prefer racing over tt anyway so that's the place where the real fun will be for me always.

12. Piket

Piket (Banned)

I'm with you on that one...:tup:

Looking forward to meeting you on the track then..

13. Marooned

Marooned Premium

Well bug or no bug, the Cali., 430, 599, NSX, and Clio/Tuned can give you good races vs the GTR.

Edit:

Regarding clutch is cheating, it's not....if you tried it's a great deal of work...been running the Elise event (N1s) at fuji with the clutch on and it's not easy at all but it's a lot off fun, and don't blame others for using the clutch, get your self a G25/27 and use it :cool:

That's how I drive with the clutch and I wasn't fast!!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  14. spyrrari

spyrrari

Should we expect an update this Thursday??...

If so,i hope it will be something interesting for the last month...

spy.

15. failing_finn

failing_finn

What I want:
    600-650pp RWD event - Fuji / Daytona Road / Suzuka.

What I get:
    600pp AWD - Suzuka
    550pp RWD - Eiger
    550pp FWD - London

16. LizMcQueen

LizMcQueen

This is the last month, would be great a special update to celebrate the end of the game.

I would like:
    Suzuka F430 vs. Corvette vs. GT-R
    Daytona The Road Course 800PP
    Fuji Speedway GT 750PP RWD
    Fuji Speedway F 550PP FWD
    Eiger Nordwand 700 AWD

[​IMG]

17. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

They don't have to be matching drivetrain do they? Something like a 550pp world event using any car would be quite fun. Get a fwd vs rwd vs mid race going. :tup:

18. DTM

DTM Premium

I expect an F1 on Suzi

BTW Liz who is that girl droling :lol:

19. spyrrari

spyrrari

Maybe she is not .... :drool:-ing...:sly:

spy.

20. LizMcQueen

LizMcQueen

She is Patricia Conde

[​IMG]

21. spyrrari

spyrrari

^If there are pretty women in hell,i'll be just fine...:drool:...

:scared:

:sly:

spy.

22. LizMcQueen

LizMcQueen

[​IMG]
    Probably I'll see you there.

By the way, how much longer will work the GT5P? because I guess everyone will forget the Prologue in just over one month.

23. DTM

DTM Premium

First of all i have nothing to do with Spy's comments

But if hell looks like that, i don't mind going there. That's for sure

24. Bancroft

Bancroft

I hope that Thursday's update allows us to have an open PP where we can choose how much Performance Points to use with any car on any track. Those who have the same PP that are similar (within 50-100 PP) to each other can can have a wider range of challenges and an all out battle to be the best in this final run giving GT5P a good send off.

Who am I kidding huh?? Ha!!

I pity the fool who touches my snickers!!

25. Louie_Schumii

Louie_Schumii

I'm down for the F2007 around Suzuka :tup:. Would make sense as well since the Grand Prix there is coming up.

26. FLASH48

FLASH48

They did a number on the last update, in my opinion it sucks bad!

27. DTM

DTM Premium

550PP FWD Fuji
    550PP RWD HSR
    600PP AWD Suzi
    700PP DR
    GTLM Suzi

28. Anes

Anes (Banned)

29. DGiant2000

DGiant2000

Finally!!!!