Online Event Update Coming

• Thread starter LinPark
  • 424 comments
I've only just now realised that people are cheating in the TT's with G27's and the clutch pedal 👎

I knew I wasn't legitimately 2 seconds slower around Suzuka. There was just no way. Why do people have to cheat, lie or steal every where I go? grrrrrr

There is no restriction on the use of the clutch. Therefore it is not cheating.
You do the clutching drivers a gross disservice by calling them cheats. Its unwarranted and uncalled for.
Bad form. 👎

What does the cheat involve?

I'm no expert on it but if you watch Z06fun's replay from the cockpit you will hear and see the acceleration change. Someone around here might be able to divulge the secret.

There is no restriction on the use of the clutch. Therefore it is not cheating.
You do the clutching drivers a gross disservice by calling them cheats. Its unwarranted and uncalled for.
Bad form. 👎

How can it not be considered cheating. It's a completely unfair advantage and it's banned in competition on this site is it not?

Edit: here. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=117596

and here

Massive advantage in a Lotus Elise 👎

Last edited:
This is the "cheating" that can be done with G25 (maybe with G27 too):

z06fun
Ok, I finally got to check out these replays mentioned in the first post. The thing that really struck me as odd was they are obviously in non-clutch mode for the down shifts. So it seemed like they were switching back and forth between the clutch & non clutch modes. Do you see where I'm going with this... Anyway after playing around a bit I was then able to reproduce something very similar with my G25, although I think any wheel with an H pattern shifter could replicate it.
Good news is PD can eliminate this real easy with a small code change.
I was able to make a shift that looked similar to the replay by hitting the triangle at just the right time during a shift. You have to be in non-clutch mode before you shift, if you hit the triangle at just the right time while moving the stick (and not lifting the gas) you can get a shift that looks just like what they are doing. So you build something that monitors the stick Y position and presses the triangle at the right time, and there you have it. Thats my guess anyway as to what they have built.
If PD changed things to not allow the clutch mode change during a shift then this can't be done. I suppose you could call it a code bug to allow a mode change during the shift.

Normal clutch usage is not cheating. It's unfair maybe, but it's allowed so it is ok. I hope auto clutch manual clutch will be separated in GT5 leaderboards 👍

edit, I may add that you also need to press the triangle again, before next upshift if you want to have the flatshift again. When coming to a corner (downshift) leave this all out and you'll have the perfect rpm matching slowdown and don't need to worry with the clutch (--> easier). This can be testes without any special equipment, but I'vwe head that there is a mod that makes all this much easier.

Last edited:
Try driving with a clutch, its incredibly difficult on this game. Yes they can go faster but it requires a great deal more skill. As for cheating, GT is a simulator, many of the cars featured in it have a H pattern box and clutch, therefore - surely - using sequential paddles is cheating?

Try driving with a clutch, its incredibly difficult on this game. Yes they can go faster but it requires a great deal more skill. As for cheating, GT is a simulator, many of the cars featured in it have a H pattern box and clutch, therefore - surely - using sequential paddles is cheating?

Upshifts are the easy part. And also the ones that give the advantage. As I said, shifting down is done without clutch when "cheating", or that is the way I've understood it.

Btw, flatshifting is not possible normally with a G25 & clutch (anymore) so it was an unfair advantage and therefore it was taken away by PD. Now this is a way to gain that advantage back without the added difficulty in braking areas.

@ Timppaq, Thanks for taking the time to post 👍

DGiant2000, The issue isn't the co-ordination required to drive a manual, they have, what F1 calls it, seamless shift gearbox's. It's a huge advantage in a TT event particularly with a Lotus Elise.

I'm just pissed that I've been robbed of a fair fight with my DFGT :(

It upsets me how many people think that using a clutch the normal way is cheating. If used properly (you know what I mean) it can be a disadvantage especially during downshifts, as opposed to flicking a paddle.

I certainly dont agree with the cheating way. It completely goes against everything I want from sim racing. I will ALWAYS sacrifice tenths for the realism of using a clutch properly.

If people are cheating in the TT's then I dont care that much because I dont usually have enough free time to endlessly set up a car for a TT and endlessly set up another car (and test) for racing, so I usually just race.

Having said that, I might give Suzuka 750pp TT a pop this time around because I dont expect busy grids for the 550pp event, and I dont enjoy Fuji that much.

Last edited:
It upsets me how many people think that using a clutch the normal way is cheating. If used properly (you know what I mean) it can be a disadvantage especially during downshifts, as opposed to flicking a paddle.

I certainly dont agree with the cheating way. It completely goes against everything I want from sim racing. I will ALWAYS sacrifice tenths for the realism of using a clutch properly.

If people are cheating in the TT's then I dont care that much because I dont usually have enough free time to endlessly set up a car for a TT and endlessly set up another car (and test) for racing, so I usually just race.

Having said that, I might give Suzuka 750pp TT a pop this time around because I dont expect busy grids for the 550pp event, and I dont enjoy Fuji that much.

Well to save you time I'll happily give you my tuned Elise setup. Last I looked I was 17th with a 1,56'5X but theres probably a 1,56'00 in potential.

Well to save you time I'll happily give you my tuned Elise setup. Last I looked I was 17th with a 1,56'5X but theres probably a 1,56'00 in potential.

Thanks for that mate. I was just thinking of revising my 111R setup that I had been using for the 700pp which was capable of 1:59.4 in that event. Obviously there is room for improvement but i'll see how I get on with it. I wont stop you posting a setup but I should have more time this month since I probably won't be racing that often.

This is the "cheating" that can be done with G25 (maybe with G27 too):

Normal clutch usage is not cheating. It's unfair maybe, but it's allowed so it is ok. I hope auto clutch manual clutch will be separated in GT5 leaderboards 👍

edit, I may add that you also need to press the triangle again, before next upshift if you want to have the flatshift again. When coming to a corner (downshift) leave this all out and you'll have the perfect rpm matching slowdown and don't need to worry with the clutch (--> easier). This can be testes without any special equipment, but I'vwe head that there is a mod that makes all this much easier.

You shouldn't care that much about your exact tt positioning....The only competition in a tt is yourself and especially your weaknesses..In a race, then you compete against others.

Just my two cents..

P.S. Respect on your great GT skills.

Thanks for the compliment, and really I'm not that bothered about exact tt positioning. But the fact is that the more we all are equally on the same line, the more fun it will be for all. 👍

And btw, I do prefer racing over tt anyway so that's the place where the real fun will be for me always.

Thanks for the compliment, and really I'm not that bothered about exact tt positioning. But the fact is that the more we all are equally on the same line, the more fun it will be for all. 👍

And btw, I do prefer racing over tt anyway so that's the place where the real fun will be for me always.

I'm with you on that one...👍

Looking forward to meeting you on the track then..

Fuji 700 FTW. GTR FTW. BUG FTW. Let's start CHEATING!!!!!!!!!!!

Well bug or no bug, the Cali., 430, 599, NSX, and Clio/Tuned can give you good races vs the GTR.

Edit:

Regarding clutch is cheating, it's not....if you tried it's a great deal of work...been running the Elise event (N1s) at fuji with the clutch on and it's not easy at all but it's a lot off fun, and don't blame others for using the clutch, get your self a G25/27 and use it :cool:

That's how I drive with the clutch and I wasn't fast!!

Last edited:
Should we expect an update this Thursday??...

If so,i hope it will be something interesting for the last month...

spy.

What I want:
600-650pp RWD event - Fuji / Daytona Road / Suzuka.

What I get:
600pp AWD - Suzuka
550pp RWD - Eiger
550pp FWD - London

This is the last month, would be great a special update to celebrate the end of the game.

I would like:
Suzuka F430 vs. Corvette vs. GT-R
Daytona The Road Course 800PP
Fuji Speedway GT 750PP RWD
Fuji Speedway F 550PP FWD
Eiger Nordwand 700 AWD

2u5yzpl.jpg

They don't have to be matching drivetrain do they? Something like a 550pp world event using any car would be quite fun. Get a fwd vs rwd vs mid race going. 👍

I hope that Thursday's update allows us to have an open PP where we can choose how much Performance Points to use with any car on any track. Those who have the same PP that are similar (within 50-100 PP) to each other can can have a wider range of challenges and an all out battle to be the best in this final run giving GT5P a good send off.

Who am I kidding huh?? Ha!!

I pity the fool who touches my snickers!!

Latest Posts

Back