[PITS]Project International Touring Series presented by SNAIL SundaysPS4 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zii1993
  • 5,084 comments
  • 228,133 views
Formula B. Just force feedback tuned.
Well that's a given :)
We never seem to be able to race the F cars with tunes, they are fun at default but much better tuned! I know, I can always go find somewhere else! Or just get F1 2016!
 
I don't like the F cars or maybe I should say, they don't like me, but I will make an appearance just to boost Aeros moral after the spanking I put on him last night. I was in the zone last night for a change, I had a couple of pints before the races, which is really rare for me, (the meds are always present), maybe I found a secret..... drinking and driving, who knew?
 
I don't like the F cars or maybe I should say, they don't like me, but I will make an appearance just to boost Aeros moral after the spanking I put on him last night. I was in the zone last night for a change, I had a couple of pints before the races, which is really rare for me, (the meds are always present), maybe I found a secret..... drinking and driving, who knew?
But at least you didn't lap me! Ah...you were drinking.....that explains the extra annoying sounds coming from you!
Yea, it was just one of those nights last night, nothing was working for me and I seemed to get caught out in every start. Those guys must of thought i was a real wanker, I sure felt like one!
 
I like the zero practice concept. That's fun as it forces drivers to learn how to get up to speed more conservatively.
 
I know a few of us got side tracked the other day talking about motorcycles, but I read this the other day, more pertinent for those newer to bikes but a good read nonetheless.

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/3-motorcycle-myths-that-wont-die

grpr072_brains_and_helmet_laws2.jpg
 
I know a few of us got side tracked the other day talking about motorcycles, but I read this the other day, more pertinent for those newer to bikes but a good read nonetheless.

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/3-motorcycle-myths-that-wont-die

View attachment 617220
I could have guessed the last 2, which are stupid enough, but the tyres being "bad" when new due to a mold release is, thankfully, news to me.

Also, absolutely brilliant comic there. It baffles be when people ride minute a helmet.

Today I was driving and saw a big proponent of motorcycle safety.

20161228_134719887_iOS.jpg
 
Last edited:
I could have guessed the last 2, which are stupid enough, but the tyres being "bad" when new due to a mold release is, thankfully, news to me.

Also, absolutely brilliant comic there. It baffles be when people ride minute a helmet.
Yea, if I had a $ for every time I've had to debunk the mold release myth! It is such an old myth, I remember getting educated by the Dunlop race tire rep at the track in my early days. Our old bias ply race slicks were interesting, a couple of laps getting heat into them and then slowly increasing the pace for another 3 or 4, then give er! Those first few laps the tires always felt quite different, still not bad traction but you did have to be careful. Tire pressures were so important!
I tried riding without a lid in New Hampshire once, lasted about 30 seconds! I will never forget sitting on my bike at Wiers beach during the Loudon Classic, not moving in a long line of bikes and wearing my full face helmet. All around me are riders with no lids but I got in **** by a cop because my visor was up and I didn't have eye protection. It was no use to argue with him so as he walked away I lifted my visor again, next thing I know his billy stick comes crashing down on my visor, him yelling at me "I told you to keep your visor down", scared the crap out of me!
 
Announcement:

The votes are in and the McLaren 12C GT3 has won by a landslide!

Due to the fact that there are only 6 liveries to chose from each team will run the same livery/#.

I will update the Division placements shortly and everyone will be able to start forming teams and making livery selections.

This should be a great season with lots of new faces and competition!

EDIT: Division placements have been updated, you are all free to make your teams now.

Please remember that your team division placement needs to add up to a total of (4) four.
 
Last edited:
Season 5 - Schedule

Tire Wear: x4

1/4/17 - Laguna Seca:
15:00 x2 time progression
Weather - Clear

1/11/17 - Road America:
8:00 x2 time progression
Weather - Light rain

1/18/17 - Imola:
12:00 x2 time progression
Weather - Clear

1/25/17 - Hockenhiem GP:
15:00 x2 time progression
Weather - Thunderstorm

2/1/17 - Circuit des 24 Heurs du mans:
17:00 x25 time progression (day-night-day)
Weather -clear

2/8/17 - All Star Race - TBD
 
Last edited:
Season 5 - Schedule

Tire Wear: x2

1/4/17 - Laguna Seca:
15:00 x2 time progression
Weather - Clear

1/11/17 - Road America:
8:00 x2 time progression
Weather - Light rain

1/18/17 - Imola:
12:00 x2 time progression
Weather - Clear

1/25/17 - Hockenhiem GP:
15:00 x2 time progression
Weather - Thunderstorm

2/1/17 - Circuit des 24 Heurs du mans:
17:00 x25 time progression (day-night-day)
Weather -clear

2/8/17 - All Star Race - TBD
I don't know if I can race regularly this season, but you can bet I'm going to race at Le Sarthe.
 
Although i appreciate the respect of being placed D2, i think upon further review a D9 will be needed for me as i am currently abysmal in pcars and am lucky if i can stay on track at a non dangerous pace. I took the Formula B for a spin yesterday and by spin i mean thats all i did all over the place. This game is brutal. With gt1 off next week i'll give it a go but be warned, it will be pathetic/ hillarious.
 
Although i appreciate the respect of being placed D2, i think upon further review a D9 will be needed for me as i am currently abysmal in pcars and am lucky if i can stay on track at a non dangerous pace. I took the Formula B for a spin yesterday and by spin i mean thats all i did all over the place. This game is brutal. With gt1 off next week i'll give it a go but be warned, it will be pathetic/ hillarious.
Divisional placements are for team building purposes only. You may team up with anyone that your total divisional total equals 4 or more.
 
Although i appreciate the respect of being placed D2, i think upon further review a D9 will be needed for me as i am currently abysmal in pcars and am lucky if i can stay on track at a non dangerous pace. I took the Formula B for a spin yesterday and by spin i mean thats all i did all over the place. This game is brutal. With gt1 off next week i'll give it a go but be warned, it will be pathetic/ hillarious.
Is there a way to link to tthis so that it comes back to the thread in, let's say, 6 weeks when you're battling at the front and leaving everyone in the dust?
Because that's what's going to happen...
 
Still waiting on a reply from @HazardLvL4 on whether he wants to team up or not,if not I don't have a teammate yet
 
Anyone going to be online tonight. Havent gotten to try online out yet and want to see how it works and how it is on track with others.
 
Whitey, try a few public rooms where finesse is not an issue. Theres a lot of wankers around, but you will learn how to control your car.
I'm willing to partner up with you, I am confident you will get the hang of the game pretty quick.
 
I will probably only make one or two races since im dedicated to snail gt1 on gt6 wednesdays but any off week ill be here
 
Are the physics different online like in gt6? I still struggle offline but i tried some rooms last night online and i could throw the car around and drive with more confidence oddly. I drove the audi v10 road car and mclaren gt3 and was shocked at how different it felt than offline practice.
 
Are the physics different online like in gt6? I still struggle offline but i tried some rooms last night online and i could throw the car around and drive with more confidence oddly. I drove the audi v10 road car and mclaren gt3 and was shocked at how different it felt than offline practice.
The physics are the same, but the track evolves from practice to qualy to race, so you will find more grip in a race than in a free practice. That's probably a bit of the reason why you could do more online than offline.
Try practicing with a full weekend and you'll see the progression in your times.
 
Celebrated Xmas today with some family that had been away. Brother in law got me a shifter for my G29, rig is complete again! Nice to have the shifter for the classic cars!


View attachment 617515
My mom has a rug that looks EXACTLY like that one.

She doesn't have a racing rig, though, which is really a demerit for her...
 
Notice to all drivers: the following bold and underlined rules have been changed/added to the OP and will be implemented from race 1 of this series and on.




Knock-Out Qualifying (Practice Mode)

  • Entry into the Knock-Out Qualifying lobby is reserved to the first 15 Active Drivers that enter the lobby.
  • So that the series and its format may continue series organizers are locked into the main event so we have our host/points in the room.
  • Retired/part time drivers may enter provided there are less than 14 Active Drivers in the lobby.

Part Time Driver

Defined as having priority over Retired drivers in KOQ and or Main Event Races. All participation for part time drivers are as follows for Retired drivers.



Retired Driver

Defined as any driver who fails to participate in either the Main Event or Knockout Qualifying for 4 consecutive weeks (excluding All Star races).
  • May participate in Main Events provide within top 10 in points.
  • May participate in Knockout Qualifying provide there are less than 14 “Active” drivers in the lobby.
  • May qualify for Main Event via knockout qualifying provided all other “Active” drivers make the cut.
Example – Main Event has 8 open spots to be filled from Knockout qualifying.
  • Knockout Qualifying has 7 “Active” drivers and 1 “Retired" driver – All drivers move on to Main Event.
  • Knockout Qualifying has 7 “Active” drivers and 2 “Retired” drivers – All "Active" drivers and the single fastest “Retired” driver move on to Main Event.
  • Knockout Qualifying has 9 “Active” drivers and 2 “Retired” drivers – Fastest 8 "Active" drivers move on to Main Event. “Retired” drivers, regardless of times, do not qualify for Main Event.
 
See next post​
 
Last edited:
Back