Pokémon Games Discussion Thread (Gotta Discuss 'Em All!)

So far the Pokemon i have planned for my S/M team is Rowlet and Pyukumuku. The rest will be decided based on what i encounter in the game.
I haven't decided on a starter but Wimpod is an interesting idea for me.

Edit: Had a nice battle with @Overdrive003 which just got a little one-sided.

Last edited:
//shameless plug//

So lately, I've been playing Pokemon Battle Revolution for the Wii. I wish they made one for Gen V or VI. One can only dream. I love the game and its animations, as well as the narrator ("A HUGE AMOUNT OF DAMAGE! IT'S DOWN!")

Edit: It won't let me put up more than five videos.

Here's the sixth.
And seven.

Last edited:
Pretty much busy preping up my Pokemon for Sun and Moon.

Speaking of which, will Hidden Power will just equal a Normal-Type Z-Move (since it is listed as such), or will Hidden Power Z-move be depending on the Pokemon (like my Thyplosion HP is Water, does that mean he can use the Water Z-Move, or just the Normal Z-Move)?

People have found a way to play the game on PC right now, I've only watch Pokemon Moon footage, so I can still be surprised on the Sun changes.

Also Hyper Potion has been nerfed, it is now 1500 Poke Dollars, and now only recovers 120 HP.

Lusamine is the main antagonist and is Lillie mother. It's like the N and Ghetsis relationship except this time, Lusamine is actually under control of the Ultra Beast as she releases them into the world. During the final battle, she fuses with UB-01. Her team is (Milotic, Mismagius, Clefable, Lilligant and Bewear)

Gladion is Lusamine son and Lillie brother, he stole Type: Null from Lusamine

Leader of Team Skull is also under the influence of the Ultra Beasts (though not as bad) and actually works for Lusamine.

The Legendary Pokemon don't exist at the beginning of the game, Cosmog actually evolves into them.

The Island Kahuna become the Elite Four with the Professor becoming Champion

Last edited:
Hyper Potions got nerfed? Aww, but those were useful as heck. Guess they were too much of a crutch.

Leech Life has also been buffed.

To 80!!!!

Zubats are now more terrifying.

The Ultra Beasts are obtainable and usable in battle.

Each has a stat total of 570, except for the last one which is 600.

All the final starter evolutions are slow, none go above 70 BST. Litten's 2nd form is actually the fastest.

Litten line Hidden Ability is Intimidate.

Poppolio line Hidden Ability is Liquid Voice which turns sound moves into Water moves (sadly from what I checked, Primarina does not learn Boomburst)

Rowlet line Hidden Ability is Long Reach, which makes none of its move make contact, protecting Rowlet from abilitys like Static and Poison Point.

Last edited:
I always theorized that was the case. Especially since they talk about how you need a strong bond for Mega Evolution, your Pokemon sacrifice themselves for you.

More Pokemon move changes have been leak

Tackle got nerfed to 40 Power.

Thunder Wave nerfed to 90 Accuracy

Swagger nerfed to 85 Accuracy

Sucker Punch nerfed to 70 Power

Dark Void heavily nerfed to 50 Accuracy

Ally Switch buffed to +2 priority

Flying Press buffed to 100 Power

Fell Stinger buffed to 50 Power

Parabolic Charge buffed to 65 Power

Diamond Storm buffed with 50% chance of increasing Defense by 2

Mystical Fire buffed with 75 Power

Destiny Bond now has a Protect effect where the more you use it, the more it'll fail.

More Pokemon move changes have been leak

Tackle got nerfed to 40 Power.

Thunder Wave nerfed to 90 Accuracy

Swagger nerfed to 85 Accuracy

Sucker Punch nerfed to 70 Power

Dark Void heavily nerfed to 50 Accuracy

Ally Switch buffed to +2 priority

Flying Press buffed to 100 Power

Fell Stinger buffed to 50 Power

Parabolic Charge buffed to 65 Power

Diamond Storm buffed with 50% chance of increasing Defense by 2

Mystical Fire buffed with 75 Power

Destiny Bond now has a Protect effect where the more you use it, the more it'll fail.
Dark Void is now also only usable by Darkrai.

Probably same scenario as Hyperspace Fury. The move fails.
Interesting, the limitation didn't really need to happen due to Dark Void now being 50/50 but I'm fine with it.

Details on Z-Moves

Marshadow, Mew, Pikachu, Eevee, Sun/Moon Starters, Snorlax, Alola Raichu, Tapus and Ash-Pikachu have their own Z-Moves.

Z-Hidden Power won't change typing. Z-Hidden Power will always be Breakneck Blitz.

Z-Status Moves work and have side effects (with the exception of Assist, Metronome and Nature Power). Z-Belly Drum recovers HP before Depleting for Attack Boost. Z-Celebrate/Happy Hour/Geomancy/Conversion increases all stats by 1. Most importantly though

Splash has been buffed!!!

Z-Splash increases the Attack stat by 3.

Mega Evolution got buffed:

Mega Evolving now comes before the turn order is decided so Mega Pokemon now don't need to wait a turn to get their Speed Stat.

1. There is a post-game story with Looker like in X/Y where you must capture all the Ultra Beasts with Anabel from Emerald making a reappearance.

2. Battle Tree

3. You get Type: Null

So basically the same Post-Game as X/Y, kind of disappointed. Though with a much more balanced and accessible metagame this time around, I still might be able to play as long as I do my other non-Gen VI Pokemon games.

Last edited:
Splash has been buffed!!!

Z-Splash increases the Attack stat by 3.
What! They've BUFFED the most over powered move in the game? What were they thinking? This in addition to not being able to sit down? It's a good job I haven't pre ordered it. Next thing you know you'll have to press A to go though a door! :D

There's discussion over the last UB (I won't reveal the name) is even an UB at all.

Its design and apparent presence in the post-game story suggest so but it's BST is 600 as opposed to 570 like other UB, doesn't have the Battle Beast ability unlike other UB and has its own Z-Move.

I'll have to play the game and theorize for myself if it's a legendary or an UB.

Types of the Island Trial:

Normal
Water
Fire
Grass
Electric
Ghost
Fairy/Dragon hybrid

Types of Island Kahuna

Fighting
Rock
Dark
Ground

Elite Four

Fighting (Island Kahuna rematch)
Rock (Island Kahuna rematch)
Ghost (Trial Captain rematch)
Flying

Last edited:
Just realized that nothing special happens to Lunatone and Solrock in this game.

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!! I WAS EXPECTING TO SEE LUNATONE AND SOLROCK TO BE MASSIVELY OP, WHAT A WASTED POTENTIAL, THIS IS WORSE THAN NOT BEING ABLE TO SIT DOWN OR SPLASH BEING OP.

Not buying the game anymore, :mad:.

Just realized that nothing special happens to Lunatone and Solrock in this game.

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!! I WAS EXPECTING TO SEE LUNATONE AND SOLROCK TO BE MASSIVELY OP, WHAT A WASTED POTENTIAL, THIS IS WORSE THAN NOT BEING ABLE TO SIT DOWN OR SPLASH BEING OP.

Not buying the game anymore, :mad:.
:lol:

From what I gathered.

Super Training has been completely removed from Pokemon Sun and Moon.

This I find really disappointing, as Super Training was a step in the right direction in terms of accessibility to online battles and Hyper Training takes the step even further.

But the removal of Super Training as well as the way to reset your EVs if you mess up on EV training, makes Hyper Training redundant what's the point in a perfect IV Pokemon this way, if you can't even get EVs done like in Gen VI.

Horde Battles are gone too, so you can't Horde EV Train either to get it done quicker.

Actually losing a bit of confidence in this game right now :(,

EDIT: Triple and Rotation battles have also been kicked to the curb which I also don't like, they are both relatively interesting and add a different flavour to normal battling.

Now I have to convert my Triple Battle team into my Double Battle team, not going to go so great :(. Triple Battles made my Archeops so strong.

more EDIT: Poke Pelago is the new replacement for Super Training. 4 EVs ever 30 min (15 min if you use an item found on the other Islands), so you now have to do a Pokemon XD Shadow Pokemon purification like system if you want to EV Train your Pokemon without using the traditional method.

Last edited:
Since there is a remake on every console, I assume a Diamond & Pearl remake will be on the Switch.

EDIT: I just realized that all the Alola form Pokemon are available in Pokemon Blue as non-Alola Pokemon. Since you can't get Raichu, Meowth or Persian in Yellow and a lot of them are the Pokemon Blue equivalents of Pokemon Red pokemon.

Also, since Alolan Ninetale is a fan favourite, should let out the bad news.

You need Pokemon Sun to get it, as Alolan Vulpix and Ninetales are Sun equivalents of Alolan Sandshrew and Sandslash. So if you plan on just getting Moon, better prepare some trading, like I'm doing to get Sandshrew on my team.

For anyone who wants Vikavolt

You'll be holding onto Chirabug for awhile, it's a location based evolution and it's near the very end of the game. Unlike the other generic Bug evolutions, these are extremely late-game.

Still better than Crabrawler though, you literally need to go to near-Victory Road just to evolve it.

Last edited:
Mega Stones are at the Battle Tree and are worth 64 BP each. What a grind.

You can reset EVs in Sun/Moon, you need to by a drink in the Plaza that does it.

Latest Posts

Back