Pokémon Games Discussion Thread (Gotta Discuss 'Em All!)

Looks like Sun & Moon might have a golf minigame.

An NPC in the demo mentions that a woman named Kahili is a golfing genius, which piqued my interest since a golf minigame would be rad, so I googled it... and apparently a few months ago, someone noticed that the artwork for the Alola region appears to have a golf course on one of the islands:

maxresdefault.jpg

Interesting.

I've been trying out the Z-Move mechanic and it's rather interesting.

Z-Moves based on type are actually upgrades of moves the Pokemon knows of the same type. The power and the physical, special status depends on the original move

For example if Feraligatr has Waterium Z and knows Waterfall and Surf, Ferlaligatr has 2 choices, a Special Hydro Vortex with a bit more power and a Physcial Hydro Vortex with a bit less power)

I expect Pokemon with the ability Moxie to really benefit from this, they can easily get the Attack boost with the Z-Move. I would say Ash-Greninja too but the move best with it Water Shuriken is extremely low on power due to it being a multi-hit move, so unless Z-Moves can do multi-hits, I don't think Ash-Greninja will truly benefit unless it goes with another Z-Move type (like Darkium Z?) but then Fairy, Fighting and Dark would be a nightmare for Ash-Greninja trying to set up.

Last edited:
She's a rock type trainer, so she's going to suck at Pokemon battles (all rock type trainer NPCs do), instant -100 points.

She's going to suck, instant +1000 points.

[insert naughty rock-related double entendre here...something something polishing your stones...]

Won't be pleasant since she's a rock type trainer, all her good physical moves won't have 100% accuracy she'll constantly miss.

@RESHIRAM5 posted this on the previous page but he also spoiler'd it just incase people wanted it to be a surprise... :lol:

You've went down a different route by bolding it!
:lol: I thought it was important enough to warrant spoiling it.

That said, I do like some of the HM moves. Strength, Surf, Waterfall and Defog are all strong moves.

After viewing datamined info, a number of things stood out (since I don't have the files on my phone, I won't post those) but I will say;

Wimpod evolves into a 🤬 badass
There's more Magearna colors including a pokeball-themed one
Different Pikachu sprites, all having hats
Alolan Persian and Geodude line is hilarious

:lol: I thought it was important enough to warrant spoiling it.

That said, I do like some of the HM moves. Strength, Surf, Waterfall and Defog are all strong moves.
As I mentioned in my post, Surf, Waterfall and Fly have been transferred to TMs.

I was EV training my Surf Pikachu in Platinum and somehow got the whole party infected with Pokerus. Nice.

Disappointed that there isn't a pure Fire starter this Gen, I don't like Thyplosion being the only one.

Even still, I love all the starter final evolution designs (which is good because I wasn't a fan of the grass starter first 2 forms or litten), I do really like their signature moves though I do think Primarina got the short end of the stick when it comes to signature moves.

I do like how the Alolan Pokemon League hasn't been established when you start the game, and it eventually comes it looks like.

As for the nostalgia bus that is the Battle Tree. I'm not excited in the slightest, it's cool and all but it doesn't feel any special despite being the 20th Anniversary game, before this game was a remake so littered with nostalgia, X/Y didn't stop throwing Gen I references in your face and B2/W2 had the PWT, not to mention we have the Gen I re-release. Pokemon games have had so much nostalgia theme content in their recent games that the Battle Tree doesn't feel any special.

I can't stand Litten's final evolution design, which sucks because I think it's the best starter design out of the three... but the other two have good final evolutions. I particularly like Primarina.

I can't stand Litten's final evolution design, which sucks because I think it's the best starter design out of the three... but the other two have good final evolutions. I particularly like Primarina.
I'm the opposite, Litten looks extremely too basic for me and its frowning expression doesn't really get to me. While the final evolution is my least favourite, I think it's an amazing design.

Primarina still looks like a Yugioh Performapal, so it's instantly my favourite XD.

Sounds like you're just not a cat person. His expression perfectly encapulates the typical cool, selfish, grumpy & lazy personality most cats have.... with the stylized whiskers and striped sock feet selling the irresistible cuteness of cats that make them so lovable in spite of their personalities.

I was hoping that later evolutions of Litten would either increase emphasis on the lowkey cool nature of cats and/or the cuteness, but they just decided to completely change gears and go for badass lion instead.

Sounds like you're just not a cat person. His expression perfectly encapulates the typical cool, selfish, grumpy & lazy personality most cats have.... with the stylized whiskers and striped sock feet selling the irresistible cuteness of cats that make them so lovable in spite of their personalities.

I was hoping that later evolutions of Litten would either enhance the lowkey cool nature of cats and/or the cuteness, but they just decided to go full lion instead.
Purrloin and Meowth are far better first stage cats IMO. Litten face doesn't really fit what you are saying to me (except for the grumpy), that goes to Purrloin (for laziness and selfish) and Meowth (for cuteness). Litten looks like someone who has given up on life and has turned emo :P.

The litten final form is actually worse than emboar was. And that was my least favourite starter. And my first ever starter, so...

Back