Pokémon Games Discussion Thread (Gotta Discuss 'Em All!)

@RESHIRAM5 you on, mate? I can spare a few mins to get alomamola.
I'm just about to go on. My user name is Fox this time as an FYI.

The third form is supposed to be a hybrid of the two, so going for a special attacker doesn't really comply there, since neither are... it just wouldn't make sense.

Lycanroc-Dusk is currently OU but probably by virtue of being new. That said, 117 Atk with Tough Claws and STAB priority speaks for itself.

It was GF trying to make it more of what the show makes it out to be; at the cost of making the other forms almost completely redundant.
That's why I said:
To be honest, I just think Dusk Form really shouldn't have been made,

and instead of doing a hybrid they made a third different form.

What are you meant to do with it? Give it an Assault Vest and be a Tank? :lol:

Anyway, @Storm_SP17 I'm currently free now to 4 and a half hours after this post if you want the Shiny Swellow.
I started work 3 hours ago, not going to be free now til Thursday because of my shift pattern. If you're free from 8pm Thursday (AUS) or 10am Friday (AUS) onwards, gimme a shout.

FINALLY getting round to finding my Alolan Vulpix! Of course, I'll want the Snow Warning one if I can chain it... already got Houndoom in my team, and let my Rowlet evolve over the weekend so will likely allow Dartrix evolve before or after the eventual Necrozma fight.

If you're free from 8pm Thursday (AUS) or 10am Friday (AUS) onwards, gimme a shout.
That's too easy, should be free.

FINALLY getting round to finding my Alolan Vulpix! Of course, I'll want the Snow Warning one if I can chain it... already got Houndoom in my team, and let my Rowlet evolve over the weekend so will likely allow Dartrix evolve before or after the eventual Necrozma fight.
I would seriously reccomend before unless you use some sort of cheap strategy, even EXP. Share players have said Ultra Necrozma was really hard.

That's too easy, should be free.

I would seriously reccomend before unless you use some sort of cheap strategy, even EXP. Share players have said Ultra Necrozma was really hard.
I was going to throw on an Eviolite so Dartrix could taken some hits. Necrozma would blitz my Decidueye otherwise, being Grass/Ghost.

I was going to throw on an Eviolite so Dartrix could taken some hits. Necrozma would blitz my Decidueye otherwise, being Grass/Ghost.
Ultra Necrozma doesn't have any Ghost coverage, and it has Power Gem to hit your Dartrix hard.

Granted, I don't play by Smogon rules so I take those kind of results with some salt.
I get that, but considering how ridiculous OU and Ubers are, Alomomola's placement is worth some level of respect.

Plus 165 base HP is no joke.

I get that, but considering how ridiculous OU and Ubers are, Alomomola's placement is worth some level of respect.

Plus 165 base HP is no joke.
True but that Sp. Def stat :lol:

That's why I said Assault Vest and make it a Bulk :lol:

I normally like to make my Pokemon sets as blind as possible though, although I know HP increasing would be a waste :lol:
Well, smogon thinks 40 HP/252 def/ 216 sp.def is viable.

Reminds me of how I went 252 HP and 252 ATK on my Gigalith.

Does anyone feel like its long overdue for Weather Ball to be a Move Tutor move? I think having it as a level up move would make it accessable to too many via breeding, but I really have been hoping they'd go down this root for some time.

Does anyone feel like its long overdue for Weather Ball to be a Move Tutor move? I think having it as a level up move would make it accessable to too many via breeding, but I really have been hoping they'd go down this root for some time.
Still waiting for Dragon Dance to be honest.

So many Dragon types or Reptile-likes can get it but most only via breeading.

We finally got Defog as a Move Tutor move to nerf Entry Hazards (although I much rather Entry Hazards have a 5-turn clause) so it can happen for either.

Still waiting for Dragon Dance to be honest.

So many Dragon types or Reptile-likes can get it but most only via breeading.

We finally got Defog as a Move Tutor move to nerf Entry Hazards (although I much rather Entry Hazards have a 5-turn clause) so it can happen for either.
I can agree very much with the statement I bolded.

For me there's a few ways to play it I think:
- Last 5 turns
- Trigger 3 or 5 times before they disappear.
- Layer effect, bonus damage per extra layer, but triggers just once, no more than 3 layers.

Hey Everyone! I'm a bit late to the party like I was with ORAS and XY and have just completed Moon. I've got Ultra Sun and Moon but want to get around to it after completing Sun.

I've started to have a lot of interest in shiny hunting as well as breeding for perfect IV's ect. I've been trying to get my Destiny Knot through the pick up ability but man it's taking an eternity. Everyone is saying that it just takes 30 minutes or so. Bollocks, I've put at least 6+ hours into it and have gotten far too many escape ropes. Does anyone have any suggestions? I could do 48BP but I can't imagine how long that must take.

But I'm planning to make this as my competitive team;
- Alolan Raichu
- Decidueye
- Sylveon
- Alolan NineTails
- Undecided
- Undecided

I've found an Elekid and a Beldum at the observatory grass patches.

I have my Cheeto doge and its competitive teammates levelling up in the Pelago as I'm getting ready for the Electric trial.

- Alolan Raichu
- Decidueye
- Sylveon
- Alolan NineTails
- Undecided
- Undecided
Alola NT is fantastic. Why not add a Metagross as your Fairy counter and put a dragon on there?

I've started to have a lot of interest in shiny hunting as well as breeding for perfect IV's ect. I've been trying to get my Destiny Knot through the pick up ability but man it's taking an eternity. Everyone is saying that it just takes 30 minutes or so. Bollocks, I've put at least 6+ hours into it and have gotten far too many escape ropes. Does anyone have any suggestions? I could do 48BP but I can't imagine how long that must take.

I do a lot of shiny hunting, my goal is to get a full living dex of every shiny. 348 of 807 is where I'm at. I might be able to give some tips if you need some. As for the Destiny Knot, I tried the pickup ability but like you, I spent hours with no luck. I ended up doing Battle Royal until I had enough BP.

Alola NT is fantastic. Why not add a Metagross as your Fairy counter and put a dragon on there?

I was actually considering removing Raichu (Even though I don't want to because he surfs on his tail which is awesome) and replacing him with Magnezone to cover Fairy while still having Electric typing. Then maybe adding Espeon or Alakazam for Psychic typing. I'm still trying to think of which dragon type I'd like to use. Everyone is saying Kommo-O(?) for Sun and Moon but I'm just really not a fan of the design enough to want to breed a perfect IV one.

I do a lot of shiny hunting, my goal is to get a full living dex of every shiny. 348 of 807 is where I'm at. I might be able to give some tips if you need some. As for the Destiny Knot, I tried the pickup ability but like you, I spent hours with no luck. I ended up doing Battle Royal until I had enough BP.

That is what I have decided to do. I'm about 10BP away from the Destiny Knot now. I'll be using this method to get the minimum 4IV Ditto's. And then this method to hopefully get a shiny versions.

How exactly does the breeding work? Using the destiny knot on a 4IV+ Ditto will only warrant some IV's transferred to offspring right? Do I have to chain breed then to get perfect ones? IE take the 2nd or 3rd generation to the breed with the Ditto?

I've got two 10+ hour flights to Japan coming up in the next week, so I'm hoping to have all the pieces in place for me to at least get a few of what I wanted on the flight. It's better than watching the movies right? lol

Last edited:
That is what I have decided to do. I'm about 10BP away from the Destiny Knot now. I'll be using this method to get the minimum 4IV Ditto's. And then this method to hopefully get a shiny versions.

How exactly does the breeding work? Using the destiny knot on a 4IV+ Ditto will only warrant some IV's transferred to offspring right? Do I have to chain breed then to get perfect ones? IE take the 2nd or 3rd generation to the breed with the Ditto?

I've got two 10+ hour flights to Japan coming up in the next week, so I'm hoping to have all the pieces in place for me to at least get a few of what I wanted on the flight. It's better than watching the movies right? lol

Those methods should work. You can chain basically any Pokemon in the game to get 4IV as well. I've heard of the swap breeding method but never tried it myself. I usually get a Ditto from another language and breed with another Pokemon that I caught using the chain method.

The destiny knot works by passing 5IV from both parents. You will have to keep swapping out the parents as better ones come along. Also, if one parent holds and everstone, the nature of all the eggs will be the same as the parent with the everstone. There's also Bottle caps which max out IV's when a Pokemon is level 100 but those Bottle capped stats don't get passed when breeding.

Back