[POLL] GT6 Drifting: Do you like it, or not?

• Thread starter JDM SRE70
  • 235 comments

GT6 Drifting do you like it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I also can't help but mention that I've had several buddies with even more experience drifting in real life than me come try drifting in GT6. Nobody liked it, nobody said it felt natural while everybody felt that Live For Speed felt close to the real deal.
If people don't speak up about this it may stay how it is, which feels like a game not like a virtual version of realistic drifting.
240sx, or Blitz, it's just not right

Those vids are me. Its 230hp with a setup that changed right after the event.
I can cleanly and with deliberation, get around the track and drive safely.

IMHO. I do not prefer gt6, but rather gt5.

If it works out for other people, I'm glad that it does.

If things change or do not change in gt6,

Atleast I have a backup game.

Everyone will have their preferences.
And I am very aware that people will choose what best suits them.

I'm very sorry that we all couldn't agree, but thats life I guess?
And in the end. We are all in the same lump sum of people who like making a car do exactly what it was not intended to do.

I'm also sorry for stirring up the pot, when I should have left it as IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are all different runs. The uploader didn't mark them.
I would have included them all in one post, but I'm working from my phone. And this is so far the only way I know how.
Sorry, didn't mean to clog it up though.

Good ol Enthusia . At the time that game had awesome physics and still does pretty good. Made GT4 look dumb lol. That game had its faults tho physics wise like the FFB would disappear in certain slides. I believe they were trying to replicate how it would feel when it under steered, but it didn't feel right. I am fairly sure some of the people that worked on that game are with PD now.

Good ol Enthusia . At the time that game had awesome physics and still does pretty good. Made GT4 look dumb lol. That game had its faults tho physics wise like the FFB would disappear in certain slides. I believe they were trying to replicate how it would feel when it under steered, but it didn't feel right. I am fairly sure some of the people that worked on that game are with PD now.

That's why GT5 felt amazing the first time you played it especially after prologue which was disgusting something tells me the talent laid elsewhere with the enthusia team PD may have a few programmers but a team that talented 8 years ago should be doing ground breaking stuff with todays tech. I mean look at the way that Miata handled they didn't need kw suspension to replicate basic physics GT's g force system only shows side to side remember the yellow ball on enthusia that moved with the whole car back on acceleration forward on braking ect.. the tires had contact spots when you cornered it showed exactly where the tyre was gripping GT6 still only uses tire temp.

Im not hating on gt6 I just don't understand I'm no real life drifter I've owned an r33 gtst and played with it on track days back in the day but I have been a sim drifter for 9 years and when ordinary people can make mods for r factor that are more enjoyable to play with GT might as well just give us race cars from now on it just seems like they are catering to race physics now and not the driving simulator it started out as.

I bet Kaz has more input into his racing projects these days than the game what would be more exciting to you real life experience or a simulator GT is just the cash cow now that funds the projects.

Not much new in the way of exciting with 6 just a polished up 5 with new suspension model and horrible tire sound.
The only thing I pray for is that the new course maker and GPS are as good as they sound this will be GT6's saving grace in the drifting community.

In gt6 the drifting is very BAD!!! The tire heating and losing traction , and their should be an option to turn that off for good! Its good if you want to just race, and that's it. But if you want to drift! You have t to go back and play GT5...

I guess you cant have it both ways in playing GT6. You can race cars, but you cant drift them anymore in our game!!!!!!

I hope your reading are comments polyphony??? If you add new game physics to your game. At least give us more options that we can turn the off to? To make it fun again!

The drifting in the game is not as bad as u say it is. Practice makes perfect (or at least close to perfect)
Why arent u able to drift like many other players are?

People just needs to get used to GT6.
Tsukuba Circuit_11.jpg

I personally think that GT6 is better then GT5. Find a more realistic tune and you can keep drifting on the same level you did in GT5

i m new to drifting actually to the forum as well... so i don t have much experience and no experience driftin irl...i was watching fly666fly videos and he showed absolute car control...i havent been very successful yet...i m using gt3rs fanatec wheel and was wondering (nobody has mentioned it yet) if the p roblem with catching the slides and snap oversteer does not lie in the fact that my wheel is much slower than his and hence is not able to replicate what a normal wheel would automaticaly do when the back of a car steps out to catch a slide....hope you understand what i m tryin to point out here...in reality(at least i think so) the faster the back steps out the waster the wheel turns to countersteer....watching his older videos his wheel t500 wheel flew from one side to another like a breez looking very naturally and lifelike. I m not able to do that with mine and i don t think it s because of lack of skill or wrong car settings...the wheel just is not able to move quick enough....even when you think of ds3 drifting it is so much easier because of its "speed". Ofcourse it s way too much and def not lifelike or natural but i think it works well as a proof that the speed of the pheriperals make a difference

Im pulling my hair out playing GT6, but...
Go gack to GT5?

Nevah!!! No retreat, no regret, no surrender.
Besides, i was tired of that cat x mouse persuit due the mods.
I miss my Eclipse badly, but i wont step back. Spend time on GT5 is time wasted on GT6 that i could slitly evolve.

I could drift entire tracks in just about any car on gt5 but gt6 is so much harder, everytime i seem to start the drift it at good speed to carry the drift through corners it either loops or snaps back and starts doing 360's....ive tried sooo many different setups and nuthing working! If anyone knows where to find good setups for different cars please let me know?

I also find GT6 much harder to drift on than GT5 but like Lazy Liquid i would never go back to GT5!

If they somehow patch it "if" that's what the game needs then great.
But if not i will learn how to be as smooth as in GT5!

There's nothing to be learned if cars just randomly keep spinning out and there is no way to notice when it will happen.
At the moment (for me) it's just pure luck if you make a corner or not. That's no fun.

@OP
No. I have no problem drifting in GT6. It is much different and far more realistic than GT5 in pretty much every aspect. It just takes practice.

Even last night I was drifting perfectly. I was even practicing reverse entries. And while doing this I realized how much better the clutch model is.

A little more practicing and you will get better.
Long story short, the game physics are fine, it is you who needs to adapt.
If you want to drift, try it with a DS3, much easier.

Ewww. No I would never go back to a DS3 (or a DFGT even). I can't stand that you can't go full lock when you want to, so a DS3 is one thing I would never do.

One of my favorite cars to drift was the corvette ZR1 so when i tried drifting that it was useless but what im starting to notice is not only the new physics in which the car handles but the power as well because my ZR1 had over 1000hp so i dropped it to 700 and made a few changes in suspension and diff and it made the biggest difference, it doesnt snap back in 2 seconds anymore and is good fun to drift now! GT5 was fun but it was to easy to jump in any car and drift with massive power and running camber that would make a real car fall apart...car in question....the cerbera speed12, one of the worst handling cars in gt5 yet it scored the most points drifting yet in real life the speed 12 is a race car that is insane and if u tried to drift it you would die very quick so hopefully with the new physics on gt6 it will aliminate cars like that being able to drift!

GT6 is a new game... what do you expect? as with all other GT games released over the years, this is no exception. I think it's a great sequel and as far as drifting physics are concerned, it's just simply different to what you're used to in GT5. You will eventually fall in love with the game over time I assure you. Give GT6 a chance (:

In my opinion,as well as others said already, i'ts way more fun and realistic to drift on Gt6 than it was on gt5.. In gt5 i couldn' drift with a wheel but now in gt6 i'ts a way diffrent story :lol:

Practising is the key !

Anyone having sucess with the g27 wheel?
What ffb settings are you using?
I'm curious as to why the menu doesn't show the g27 compliant with simulation mode.

In gt6 the drifting is very BAD!!! The tire heating and losing traction , and their should be an option to turn that off for good! Its good if you want to just race, and that's it. But if you want to drift! You have t to go back and play GT5...

I guess you cant have it both ways in playing GT6. You can race cars, but you cant drift them anymore in our game!!!!!!

I hope your reading are comments polyphony??? If you add new game physics to your game. At least give us more options that we can turn the off to? To make it fun again!

Actually it's just more realistic. That's why you see real drifters warm up their tires before drifting because cold tires are horrible to drift on. In GT5 it didn't really matter if your tires were hot or cold . Now I do a warm up lap. Also check your settings and practice.

Last edited:
Back