Poll, Who would like to see a Carbon Fiber Paint chip?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cryptomanic
  • 86 comments
  • 5,041 views

Who would like to see a carbon fiber paint chip?

  • Yes

    Votes: 166 81.0%
  • No

    Votes: 39 19.0%

  • Total voters
    205
  • Poll closed .
Messages
5,724
Messages
GTP_Cryptomanic
Poll, Who would like to see a Carbon Fiber Paint chip?
I miss the old gt4 stealth cars.
 
Last edited:
Personally I'm not a fan of 'carbon'.
I think it's ugly, like a car with wooden doors.
 
Why not?
It would be a nice addition that wouldn't take too much time.
 
I would much rather see some "old school" glitter paints or maybe 2 tone paints like some of the veyrons have.

crypto: Morgan sports cars are handbuilt from wood and skinned with aluminium, cost a fortune and have a long waiting list
www.morgan-motor.co.uk
 
Last edited:
That was somewhat of a general "I don't see why not." statement.
Not directed at you, I can read. :)
 
...The idea of carbon fiber "paint" just seems silly to me. =p
 
I would much rather see some "old school" glitter paints or maybe 2 tone paints like some of the veyrons have

that would be nice too, but I would like a CF chip
 
I would much rather see some "old school" glitter paints or maybe 2 tone paints like some of the veyrons have
I second this motion, If we can't get that, maybe we should be able to select 2 paints for when we are painting cars.

But I wouldn't mind a Carbon Fiber paint chip, Already painted my SambaBus Matte Black, won't be afraid to use that :P
 
I've mentioned this on a similar thread, I'd rather have it in the tuning menu. As weight reduction option, like the hoods, instead of just being a paint.
 
My daily driver is a 98 Acura Integra GS 5 speed:sly:
👍
I have a 93 Legend LS sedan and a 95 turbo integra LS coupe 5 speed.

(my dad also has a 94 legend L sedan)
 
Personally I'm not a fan of 'carbon'.
I think it's ugly, like a car with wooden doors.

if we could get a fake wood chip, i would be super happy. it would look amazingly awful on my rs6 avant:crazy:
 
I've mentioned this on a similar thread, I'd rather have it in the tuning menu. As weight reduction option, like the hoods, instead of just being a paint.

Thats a good idea:tup:
 
I bet the 95 turbo is fast.👍

(it was when i got it) as of right now it is torn apart. I traded my stunt bike (motorcycle) for it. The body and interior or in good condition but the PO messed up the wiring. I got it for a project car so I just wanted the body and interior to be in good shape..lol

I'm going for 350-400HP. something to have fun in, if I wanna go really fast I just jump on my street bike. I'm also tearing down the legend too, but I won't get into it because we are in the wrong thread..lol

lets just say I'm putting at least 7k into each car and i'm doing 95% of the work 👍
 
If you could replace more body panels with carbon (in body color) or aluminum, and get the appropriate weight reduction, I'd like that.

I think a carbon fiber "paint chip" is even worse than the chrome ones though.
 
The problem would be aligning the weave over the whole car. It would be hard to implement without at least some cars looking like crap.
 
Painted on carbon fiber? :yuck:


Maybe, maaaaaaybe a weight reduction option to replace different body panels with carbon fiber (akin to the hood upgrade), but I still think it's a bad idea. 👎
 
It's too "ricer" for me. I don't even know how it could work.
 
It's too "ricer" for me.
Indeed.

And this is coming from someone who *likes* some of the Fast and Furious cars. =p

I could see this as being an option in the Tuning shop, similar to Stage 1, 2, and 3 of weight reduction, or similar to the carbon fiber bonnet / hood options you can get for Premium cars. I think a cf boot + bonnet would look sharp on some cars.

But yeah; as a "paint" chip, not feelin' it.
 
I don't understand why adding something as non game changing as a paint chip into a game could get so many negative responses.

It's like asking if the game should add the colour green and people responding 'No because my favourite colour is blue.".

I question the reasoning of some GT players.
 
I don't understand why adding something as non game changing as a paint chip into a game could get so many negative responses.

It's like asking if the game should add the colour green and people responding 'No because my favourite colour is blue.".

I question the reasoning of some GT players.

You can't paint on "carbon fibre".

So because it's a trivial add-on, I should welcome it with open arms?
 
So because it's a trivial add-on, I should welcome it with open arms?

Does it offend your honour to have it?

Does it ruin your GT5 experience?

Why would you reject something, when it isn't forced down your throat (I'm pretty sure the option will be left to you whether you want to use it or not) nor is it affecting your experience within the game.

So what exactly is the reasoning to you flat out rejecting it? Because in real life you can't paint your car like that? Really?
 
Does it offend your honour to have it?

Does it ruin your GT5 experience?

Why would you reject something, when it isn't forced down your throat (I'm pretty sure the option will be left to you whether you want to use it or not) nor is it affecting your experience within the game.

So what exactly is the reasoning to you flat out rejecting it? Because in real life you can't paint your car like that? Really?

I don't like it. It's not in my taste. I'm saying that PERSONALLY I don't think it's any good. That's my opinion and I'm allowed to have it. If you want it then fine, but I'm not going to lecture you on it either.
 
So you, personally, don't have to use it? But why would you shoot down the idea of introducing it into a game?

I, personally, don't care much for the look either (neither do I care for the chromes). Would I like to see it in game? Why not. Just adds content.

But then again, I may be missing something as I'm all for you customizing the colour of your car instead of relying on paint 'chips'.
 
So you, personally, don't have to use it? But why would you shoot down the idea of introducing it into a game?

I, personally, don't care much for the look either (neither do I care for the chromes). Would I like to see it in game? Why not. Just adds content.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. Instead of wasting my time trying to get you to see what I'm saying, I'm going to peruse the rest of the forums.
 
Back