Poll, Who would like to see a Carbon Fiber Paint chip?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cryptomanic
  • 86 comments
  • 5,041 views

Who would like to see a carbon fiber paint chip?

  • Yes

    Votes: 166 81.0%
  • No

    Votes: 39 19.0%

  • Total voters
    205
  • Poll closed .
Gay is a very poor choice of words, sir.

Not allowed to call colors gay? If yes, then sorry. :bowdown:

Then i call it to "trashy" or "shiny", i hope you know what i like to say. ;)
 
Not allowed to call colors gay? If yes, then sorry. :bowdown:

Then i call it to "trashy" or "shiny", i hope you know what i like to say. ;)

Unless you are referring to someone who is in fact homosexual, calling something gay makes you look a bit daft, to put it nicely.
 
To those who voted no, why the hell not?


Because you can't have a carbon fibre 'PAINT'. Carbon fibre is the material it's constructed from, not the applied finish! It would make sence to have it as a tuning option but can you honestly see PD who are known for being so anal they keep Anusol in business using a paint chip to make cars have a carbon fibre finish? No. I guess you'll be wanting a tartan paint chip next.
 
Ewwww carbon fibre paint? I'd rather add carbon fibre body panels.
 
XPOWER180
Because you can't have a carbon fibre 'PAINT'. Carbon fibre is the material it's constructed from, not the applied finish! It would make sence to have it as a tuning option but can you honestly see PD who are known for being so anal they keep Anusol in business using a paint chip to make cars have a carbon fibre finish? No. I guess you'll be wanting a tartan paint chip next.

We know that! However it would be a cool looking goof in the game like the chrome "paint," which isn't really paint either. Wouldn't hurt to include it.

I like the idea of tartan. Looks like plaid? I also like wood and many cars were make with wood and wood stickers.
 
To those who voted no, why the hell not?

As I said in previous pages: I think it looks terrible and cheesy. I wouldn't want a vinyl wrap on my car, or any car I could think of owning, why would I want one in the game? I think the chrome is bad enough, I don't want PD to spend more time making stuff like this, I'd rather them fix things that are broken, or add events, things that I can use while driving. I see the outside of my car when I'm selecting it and if I watch a replay. I use tire physics, AI, etc every single time I start a race.

If they added more weight reduction options to replace body panels with painted aluminium or painted carbon panels, that'd be cool but I have zero desire to see exposed carbon on my cars. Especially if it's non-functional virtual vinyl wrap.
 
It not as if carbon fibre should be replicated through paint.

It's not as if real life should be confused with a simple game.
 
To those who voted no, why the hell not?

Other than the other rationales provided (such as CF not being a paint), I just think the look is generally played out. CF has uses as a material, but the "OMG that CF is sick looking" mentality reminds me more of a beater Civic with poorly made CF hood than anything actually functional.

Like freedomweasel said, if it was functional than I'd be okay with it (although I'd probably still paint over the CF body panels because I'm not a fan of mismatched quarterpanels, etc).
 
Absolutely retarded. That would be for those "import tuner" turds.
 
Absolutely retarded. That would be for those "import tuner" turds.

LOL, because "domestic tuners" only use fiberglass? I've seen plenty of CF hoods on Mustangs...
 
It's the import ricers that over do the CF stuff.
 
It's the import ricers that over do the CF stuff.

So what do you call a Mustang with CF hood and trunk? Classy? Honestly, the majority of the CF people buy is just poorly made CF overlaid on fiberglass or something. Any amount is overdone if there's no performance benefit.
 
I call it very tacky. Or trashy. Unless it's painted.
 
HELL no. how's aboot red chrome, or blue chrome, or green chrome, or....

blue tiger-stripe! (MW2)
 
vinyl wraps would be cool.
who wouldn't want to have a "mossy oak" camo scheme veyron?

bonus points for pd if they include a urinating calvin sticker option, or yosemite sam mudflaps.
 
invisibleorange
vinyl wraps would be cool.
who wouldn't want to have a "mossy oak" camo scheme veyron?

bonus points for pd if they include a urinating calvin sticker option, or yosemite sam mudflaps.

+1 on both lol
 
not here. in the crick-bottoms, it's pretty mossy.....
 
Voted yes, but I wonder how long it would take for it to be as played out as matte black or silver and gold chrome. Five minutes? Ten?
 
I'd like it but then people with stealth modded cars won't feel special anymore. I have some fake stealth modded cars - I just used matte black on them.
 
Back