Poll, Who would like to see a Carbon Fiber Paint chip?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cryptomanic
  • 86 comments
  • 5,041 views

Who would like to see a carbon fiber paint chip?

  • Yes

    Votes: 166 81.0%
  • No

    Votes: 39 19.0%

  • Total voters
    205
  • Poll closed .
Does it offend your honour to have it?

Does it ruin your GT5 experience?

Why would you reject something, when it isn't forced down your throat (I'm pretty sure the option will be left to you whether you want to use it or not) nor is it affecting your experience within the game.

So what exactly is the reasoning to you flat out rejecting it? Because in real life you can't paint your car like that? Really?

Taking the high-ground on something that will never happen? Nicely done. You go and give yourself that well-earned pat on the back!
 
So you, personally, don't have to use it? But why would you shoot down the idea of introducing it into a game?

I, personally, don't care much for the look either (neither do I care for the chromes). Would I like to see it in game? Why not. Just adds content.

But then again, I may be missing something as I'm all for you customizing the colour of your car instead of relying on paint 'chips'.

Carbon fiber isn't a paint. What next, bare metal as a "paint"?
 
Would love to see it as a weight reduction option. There are plenty of CF body panels for all sorts of cars IRL so why not add it into the game? It would also give a visual indication as to where all the weight magically vanishes from when you do the Stage 1-3 reductions. :-)
 
Rather than a paint chip I'd prefer a second version of the Racing Modification as carbon car modification. That would make more sense, since putting a carbon sticker on a car only makes it heavier (by a ridiculously small amount), rather than doing the opposite when using real carbon…
 
Forgive me if i'm totally missing the point here, but when I look in my paint items folder there are about 150 different shades of black. Do we really need another one? Or are you wanting a darker range of matte blacks?
Personally i'm not a fan of matte black painted cars. They look like they were either finished with paint you'd use at primary school, or the result of having been set on fire. To each their own of course. I'm not against the idea of more content from this game in whatever form it may arrive.
 
Yes please, carbon evo 9 rm would look fantastic
 
Carbon fiber isn't paint and I don't like when people use fake CF on their cars or vinyl fake CF stickers on the wing or hood. It's corny, fake never looks cool, doesn't reduce the weight of the car which is the purpose of CF.

That said it would still be cool in GT5. Corny, but fun taken in the same spirit as the chrome paints. Not realistic but wild to look at. The cockpit view of the Zonda has good looking CF.

oh yeah +1 for wood! I want it for the wheels.

As others have said It makes more sense as a tuning option like the hood is now.
 
Maybe a paint chip is a bit far fetched, impossible even?

But how about a vinyl sticker?
 
Sure why not Carbon fiber paint chip. It's like go fast racing strips. It's fine with me, two days of fast and furious trading and then it'll be old.

I want Vinyl decals!!!!!!

I'd pay 10,000 credits to get "Duh, Winning!!!" on the hood of a car.

Personalization of cars is something fun PD could do. EA did it with NASCAR online.
 
I'd pay 10,000 credits to get "Duh, Winning!!!" on the hood of a car.

It will make more sense putting that on the rear of the car, so the "losers" can read it.
 
How about gray primer?:)

Isn't that pretty much already in the game as matte grey?

I also want vinyls!!! Heck, give me coffee cans as exhausts and the ability to drop a B16 motor into everything. While your at, give me the option to put spinners and sub-woofers in it too. Heck, just copy NFS Underground and call it GT6. 👎

I do agree that some things need to added, but some things are far to street racing for me. I like GT being a largely circuit game, because their is definitely allot of options of street racing games out there, but only one GT
 
I agree with Koios, some of these online lobbies are already too "heLLa siK JayDEE Emmm Tyte Yo!" for my tastes. The stuff you guys are talking about would just make it worse 👎
 
it should only be allowed if the real car itself has a carbon fiber chassis like a Ferrari Enzo or McLaren SLR

If the real car itself doesn't have a carbon fiber chassis then it shouldn't be because thats just retarded.
 
It not as if carbon fibre should be replicated through paint.

I'd say best point against the paint chip, but it doesn't beat "too "heLLa siK JayDEE Emmm Tyte Yo!" for my tastes.".

Close though.

I do agree that some things need to added, but some things are far to street racing for me. I like GT being a largely circuit game, because their is definitely allot of options of street racing games out there, but only one GT

Because you know, drifting is such a refined form of motorsport with teams using only classy black and white paint jobs.
 
Because you know, drifting is such a refined form of motorsport with teams using only classy black and white paint jobs.

Ken Block is definitely more of a refined racer than the pizza delivery boy that wanted to race my mini-van yesterday. So, very good point. 👍 Darn that D1 Grand Prix. The Industrial Part of Town Watch Out for the Cops inaugural Drag Race is much more sanctioned. 👎
 
Ken Block is definitely more of a refined racer than the pizza delivery boy that wanted to race my mini-van yesterday. So, very good point. 👍 Darn that D1 Grand Prix. The Industrial Part of Town Watch Out for the Cops inaugural Drag Race is much more sanctioned. 👎

Have... Have you seen the decals/colour schemes on drift cars?
 
Yes, have you noticed the lack of decals/colours on most all street racers?
 
Yes, have you noticed the lack of decals/colours on most all street racers?

I'm confused. What's your point again?

I'm done here. I think it's utter fail though to shoot down an idea that adds to a game. But hey, whatever floats your boat. Keep the game classy...

with some cars...

and some paint chips.
 
Last edited:
I'm confused. What's your point again?

I'm done here. I think it's utter fail though to shoot down an idea that adds to a game. But hey, whatever floats your boat. Keep the game classy...

with some cars...

and some paint chips.

I'm confused, what does a carbon fiber paint chip add? I confused by your point to turn this game into Midnight Club.

But you do have a point. I'm done with it as well.
 
I'm done here. I think it's utter fail though to shoot down an idea that adds to a game. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

The title of the thread asked if we wanted a carbon paint chip, why can we not answer "no, I don't"?
There are a lot of ideas on this forum that I frankly find terrible. This isn't terrible, but it's not something I want, so if invited to ask I will answer.
 
The title of the thread asked if we wanted a carbon paint chip, why can we not answer "no, I don't"?
There are a lot of ideas on this forum that I frankly find terrible. This isn't terrible, but it's not something I want, so if invited to ask I will answer.

I agree with everything you have said in the thread freedom. I think that just having a paint for carbon fiber is rather ostentatious and I would solidly vote NO. However, I would vote yes on your exchanging body panels for actual carbon fiber in a second!!! That would add to the game as well as the ballast did, IMHO.
 
A Carbon paint chip would be awesome. Stealth Design for every car! :D:tup:

Gold & Silver Chrome is not enough. Looks too gay on the most cars.
 
A Carbon paint chip would be awesome. Stealth Design for every car! :D:tup:

Gold & Silver Chrome is not enough. Looks too gay on the most cars.

👍
I am a ricer at heart.
I didn't know the possible addition of another paint would stir up so many feelings. :lol:
 
Last edited:
Back