Porsche Partnership Announced at the Frankfurt Motor Show

• Thread starter Cssgareth
  • 203 comments
But don't forget that pretty much all of the cars were added through paid DLC, not free updates.

Sure,but don't forget also that Kunos is a small "indie" dev company back in 2016 ubicated in an Office on the vallelunga track with 30 persons.

PD has 6 studios and is one of the strongest first party devs of Sony

So paid DLC for Kunos Simulazione was a way to recorver the costs of the cars licence,pay the Devs and save some money to invest in other licenses.

Even so,Kunos did give 3 free Porsche,the last bonus pack with Laguna seca laserscanend and cars, classic Silverstone and some other tracks for free.

So,I can't complain the way they did the post realease support

I was just thinking. Tesla and Porsche are kinda beefing right now about lap times on the Nürburgring. The Taycan is coming to GT Sport; so, we should tweet Elon telling him that the Model S P100D is missing in GT Sport, so there can be digital beef as well lol
I double dog dare you.

I was just thinking. Tesla and Porsche are kinda beefing right now about lap times on the Nürburgring. The Taycan is coming to GT Sport; so, we should tweet Elon telling him that the Model S P100D is missing in GT Sport, so there can be digital beef as well lol

Do it, no balls.

A digital beef that could only end up with a win-win situation for GT Sport players :lol:

Couldn't really care less about the Taycan, but love the other two cars, even if they are fictional. I used to have the student designed 908 RSR as my computer and phone wallpaper for a whole year :lol: Also gives hope that the VGT project is still alive, albeit very very slow.

Here's hoping we get the legendary 917K and 918 as well at some point. I agree the Porsche license has been criminally underrated by PD, but I suspect they're holding back alot of models for the next Gran Turismo ;)

I double dog dare you.

Do it, no balls.

A digital beef that could only end up with a win-win situation for GT Sport players :lol:

A4E6F3BB-8D97-4A80-8A67-FB881E356F06.jpeg

Last edited:
Then lets take a look at Forza 7's then, if we are operating under the assumption that a mobile game is not a fair comparison (which, I can see) ?

http://www.igcd.net/game.php?id=1000012687&init=P

Kind of does blow GT Sport out of the water a fair bit, but then again, half of the historic GT cars (Which really, is the biggest boon with a good use of the Porsche license) would be pushed into Group X by virtue of PD's crap class structure anyway, so yeah.
I disagree. Forza was on current gen consoles for a much longer time, therefore they have more cars. And also don't forget the fact that GTS cars are the most detailed of any other game currently in market, so they take more time to model.

Yeah but we are not talking about exagonal headlights which may be some sort of a lod bug,in forza you have far more poorer material shaders and sometimes totally sproportionated cars.

Like i said before when it comes to car modeling PD are the best,it's a fact.

Well, that explains everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Forza 7’s selection of Porsches definitely does put GT sport in shame.

And “x number of employees” isnt an excuse because GT sells way more than enough to hire more employees.

What should matter should consumer is the price, both those games cost 60 bucks so we should be able to compare them.

Yeah, lets completely ignore the fact that Forza is the only other racing game that had access to the Porsche licence during EA's exclusivity deal. In fact, a good number of Porsches in Forza 7 had been literately copied and pasted from older Forza games.

GT on the other hand have to wait approximately 20 years to get their hands on the Porsche licence, and have to make everything from scratch. So, it would still be really unfair to compare the two game's Porsche lists imo.

Yes yes yes this is all good news but please get on with bringing some 90's Porsches to GT Sport. We have 80's models and older and then 00's models etc... Also where is the 959 already ??? 959. 959.

Was watching this review of the Taycan. Spoiler alert. It looks awesome.

At 2:30. It has a wheel to adjust efficiency/performance almost exactly like the fuel map in game. I hope it's included in the game for endurance races. :D

Back