Porsche Partnership Announced at the Frankfurt Motor Show

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Cssgareth, Sep 11, 2019.

1. CTznOfTime

CTznOfTime

Well this partnership is not exclusive like it was with EA, and learning from it, I think Porsche is still very happy to actively collaborate with GT to favor this partnership over all others....

This is a very good thing for us GT fans for the next GT game...

I am excited and am gladly standing corrected after saying for a few weeks now how PD is under-using their Porsche license .

Looking forward to more goodies from Porsche... GT has got to have more Porsches than Forza...

Animedeaf likes this.
  2. DJShadesUK

DJShadesUK

The Taycan? Does it have a very particular set of skills? Will it find you and will it kill you?

liam.gif

NosOsH, VXR and GTR365 like this.
  3. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

Oh yeah!!!! This is awesome thank you PD and Porsche. I cant wait for the Taycan!!!

I also hope this partnership gives us a 3d Model of Mark Webber.

4. dimassa19

dimassa19

20190911220019.jpg
    I'm already imagining this car at some World Tour final at Le Mans...

5. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

This is huge news, especially for a game that's almost 2 years old. I said way back in 2014 that when the license becomes available, PD will make the most of it. And they have. The Taycan has basically stolen the automotive headlines, and to make it playable for all GT Sport players is just ridiculous. Just goes to show the massive brand power of Gran Turismo.

AlanH49, GTR365, ProjectF and 12 others like this.
  6. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

Thank God that GT7 wont be a launch title for Ps5 since Gt sport will still be supported in 2020.

courageC60 likes this.
  7. Naveek Darkroom

Naveek Darkroom

I better be able to paint the Taycan Turbo S in Jetliner Silver Metallic.

ProjectF and courageC60 like this.
  8. Normalaatsra

Normalaatsra

The GR Supra Racing Concept was this. A photo preview of the car was available before it was added to the game.

9. Ande3200

Ande3200

I doubt the tesla in game isa rival for this Porsche. Its way to powerful for the tesla. Its more of rival to the charger hellcat to be honest.

courageC60 likes this.
  10. 05XR8

05XR8

A shame the Tesla isn't uploaded with ludicrous mode.

GTR365, TrafficEmpire and courageC60 like this.
  11. nickf1gr

nickf1gr

12. Satomiblood

Satomiblood

PD acquired the Porsche license less than 3 years ago, correct? It's safe to say that the relationship is continuing to evolve, especially since it's a much "newer" license. I think they've done very well thus far and my educated guess is that they'll continue adding more Porsche vehicles over time.

13. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

14. zlays

zlays

15. watto79

watto79

Having a 911 RSR from 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 AND 2019 would be completely pointless in GT Sport. Just because a list is longer doesn't make it better.

As others have pointed out, the relationship between Porsche and PD is new, and is clearly evolving. Try and be patient and give it time.
    (Plus, it's a crappy mobile game).

16. nickf1gr

nickf1gr

I post that for car list proposes only...

GTR365 likes this.
  17. zlays

zlays

We're only missing 911 GT1,918 Spyder,Carrera GT,917K and modern 911 Turbo add this to current Porsche lineup in GT Sport and also electric one incoming it would be great Porsche collection!

AlanH49 and courageC60 like this.
  18. SUPRASTAR0003

SUPRASTAR0003

GT7 Deconfirmed.

Btw, we're getting close to 2022 as time flies. Speaking of 2022, let's hope the Nike ONE becomes a reality. :D

girabyt3, sirjim73, ProjectF and 2 others like this.
  19. Pedinhuh

Pedinhuh

True, but atleast it would have company with the 330 P4, the mark IV, the Daytona Coupe and the XJR 13 and would be used in the same event you mentioned...The Living Legend will be another modern concept car relegated to a class which i couldn't give less of a crap about, like the tons of VGTs without interior that i have never ever driven before and have no interest in driving in the future.

20. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

A mobile game was able to use the Porsche licence properly while the NFS series squandered it. Pretty embarrasing to be honest from EA of course.

Real Racing 3 seems to have some very nice Porsches which I hope one day some will come to GT Sport.

nickf1gr likes this.
  21. TS050

TS050 Premium

22. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

[​IMG]

I hope this PD-Porsche partnership allowed Kaz to access the most rare and obscure Porsches like this Porsche LMP2000 that never raced in Lemans!!!

23. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

The Taycan Turbo S (I will never understand the use of such a stupid name) should be a very interesting addition come October. It is this sort of world exclusive that Gran Turismo was known for over the years and it is great to see it happening again. We got the Supra but with Toyota being assholes with licencing it was always going to happen.

The 917 Living Legends and VGT announcements are really good too, but with them being so far away they are kind of irrelevant.

That would be fantastic. I would love to see the near mythical LMP2000 but I just cannot ever see it happening.

AgentBlackDog and SestoScudo like this.
  24. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

Taycan is a Turkish word which means lively young horse first time hearing such a word since I speak Turkish. It has to do with horses. I think the word is still used by people who raise horses in Turkey I have to look into it because when I first heard Taycan im like what a ridiculous name.

Porsche chose the name because it pays homage to its emblem which is the horse which makes sense but the name comes as Toucan to me which is the tropical bird LOL

I wish the Porsche LMP2000 can at least feature in a racing game such a shame that not many people even know about this car. Its dna can be seen in the Porsche Carerra GT and the Porsche RS Spyder.

25. sundaydriving

sundaydriving

"turbo"? Why? :lol:

26. golfer07840

golfer07840

You just proved my point. Tesla and the i3 should, in fact, be in N Class.

27. GT6mebe

GT6mebe

28. dimassa19

dimassa19

It's a way of saying Porsche's performance "DNA" is present. (in my opinion).

29. DJShadesUK

DJShadesUK

No, it doesn't. For the same reason it took longer to model cars for the PS2 as compared to the PS1, longer to model cars for the PS3 as compared to the PS2, and longer to model cars for the PS4 compared to the PS3. Yes, we may have CAD data and laser scanning now, which makes the starting point "easier", but each presents its own unique challenges of preparing it for video games (for instance scanning cars creates ridiculously huge files (10's of gb per model!) and geometry which is not only ugly but far from optimised for games; someone has to manually wrangle it all into something a console (or mobile device) can run. Mobile devices still require models of lower poly count, compared to a console or even PC, so more can be discarded. The more that can be discarded the less you have to work with the quicker model creation is.

30. nickf1gr

nickf1gr

I dont compare these games. GT Sport cant compare with a mobile game of course...