Porsche Partnership Announced at the Frankfurt Motor Show

• Thread starter Cssgareth
  • 203 comments
Huge announcement, look forward to driving each of these cars in the game. I wonder how long the exclusivity will last?

Also, I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth... but the two models that I REALLY lust after are the 918 and the Carrara GT. More so the latter. Hope this partnership brings them into the mix on GTS, or by the time GTnext arrives.

Well this partnership is not exclusive like it was with EA, and learning from it, I think Porsche is still very happy to actively collaborate with GT to favor this partnership over all others....

This is a very good thing for us GT fans for the next GT game...

I am excited and am gladly standing corrected after saying for a few weeks now how PD is under-using their Porsche license .

Looking forward to more goodies from Porsche... GT has got to have more Porsches than Forza...

The Taycan? Does it have a very particular set of skills? Will it find you and will it kill you?

liam.gif

This is huge news, especially for a game that's almost 2 years old. I said way back in 2014 that when the license becomes available, PD will make the most of it. And they have. The Taycan has basically stolen the automotive headlines, and to make it playable for all GT Sport players is just ridiculous. Just goes to show the massive brand power of Gran Turismo.

1. What year Real Racing 3 released? 2013.
2. Since when Porsche starts opening up the contracts to the rest of devs? Around 2016.
3. Who starts the Porsche exclusivity deal that effectively blocks the other devs since the 90s? EA.

Atleast do some research.
I post that for car list proposes only...

We're only missing 911 GT1,918 Spyder,Carrera GT,917K and modern 911 Turbo add this to current Porsche lineup in GT Sport and also electric one incoming it would be great Porsche collection!

A regular 917K would go straight to the Gr.X hell too, specifically the Nostalgic '69 division.
True, but atleast it would have company with the 330 P4, the mark IV, the Daytona Coupe and the XJR 13 and would be used in the same event you mentioned...The Living Legend will be another modern concept car relegated to a class which i couldn't give less of a crap about, like the tons of VGTs without interior that i have never ever driven before and have no interest in driving in the future.

A mobile game was able to use the Porsche licence properly while the NFS series squandered it. Pretty embarrasing to be honest from EA of course.

Real Racing 3 seems to have some very nice Porsches which I hope one day some will come to GT Sport.

The Taycan Turbo S (I will never understand the use of such a stupid name) should be a very interesting addition come October. It is this sort of world exclusive that Gran Turismo was known for over the years and it is great to see it happening again. We got the Supra but with Toyota being assholes with licencing it was always going to happen.

The 917 Living Legends and VGT announcements are really good too, but with them being so far away they are kind of irrelevant.

lemans-porsche-lmp2000-unveil-1998-porsche-lmp2000.jpg

I hope this PD-Porsche partnership allowed Kaz to access the most rare and obscure Porsches like this Porsche LMP2000 that never raced in Le Mans!!!
That would be fantastic. I would love to see the near mythical LMP2000 but I just cannot ever see it happening.

The Taycan Turbo S (I will never understand the use of such a stupid name) should be a very interesting addition come October. It is this sort of world exclusive that Gran Turismo was known for over the years and it is great to see it happening again. We got the Supra but with Toyota being assholes with licencing it was always going to happen.

The 917 Living Legends and VGT announcements are really good too, but with them being so far away they are kind of irrelevant.

That would be fantastic. I would love to see the near mythical LMP2000 but I just cannot ever see it happening.

Taycan is a Turkish word which means lively young horse first time hearing such a word since I speak Turkish. It has to do with horses. I think the word is still used by people who raise horses in Turkey I have to look into it because when I first heard Taycan im like what a ridiculous name.

Porsche chose the name because it pays homage to its emblem which is the horse which makes sense but the name comes as Toucan to me which is the tropical bird LOL

I wish the Porsche LMP2000 can at least feature in a racing game such a shame that not many people even know about this car. Its dna can be seen in the Porsche Carerra GT and the Porsche RS Spyder.

Xbow is N class because you can legally own it and drive on streets. There are 2 cars that should be moved from N class are Aston martin Vulcan and Toyota Sfr racing concept. Vulcan is a track day car that isnt street legal just like Pagani Zonda R. Same goes for Sfr racing concept should be Gr.4 car.

You just proved my point. Tesla and the i3 should, in fact, be in N Class.

You seem to be forgetting that it takes considerably more effort to model a car for a mobile game compared to a full console game
No, it doesn't. For the same reason it took longer to model cars for the PS2 as compared to the PS1, longer to model cars for the PS3 as compared to the PS2, and longer to model cars for the PS4 compared to the PS3. Yes, we may have CAD data and laser scanning now, which makes the starting point "easier", but each presents its own unique challenges of preparing it for video games (for instance scanning cars creates ridiculously huge files (10's of gb per model!) and geometry which is not only ugly but far from optimised for games; someone has to manually wrangle it all into something a console (or mobile device) can run. Mobile devices still require models of lower poly count, compared to a console or even PC, so more can be discarded. The more that can be discarded the less you have to work with the quicker model creation is.

Why would you compare the car models of a mobile game to GT. Mobile games take a fraction of the time to make and aren't nearly as intricate as GT models.
I dont compare these games. GT Sport cant compare with a mobile game of course...

Back